June 16, 2024, 01:19:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7 Year Old Willow Long Missing Since 9/8/13 in Watson, IL  (Read 69144 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2013, 08:06:20 PM »

September 9, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/979Xfm

979 Xfm ‏@979Xfm 11m
UPDATE: Volunteer searchers are no longer needed. Those that are still out will be recalled by 8pm.  LATEST UPDATE: http://bit.ly/13xvjF4

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2013, 08:20:07 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/979XFM

979 XFM shared a link.
28 minutes ago
UPDATE: Volunteer searchers are no longer needed. Those that are still out will be recalled by 8pm. Over 800 volunteers today. Officials will still continue to search throughout the night. LATEST UPDATE: http://bit.ly/13xvjF4

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2013, 08:30:55 PM »

i was hoping willow had been found, its so hot there,tomorrow too

willows street , 104 circle drive
http://goo.gl/maps/2g6ty

WATSON, IL 62473
Weather Forecast   ISSUED 343 PM CDT MON SEP 9 2013
TONIGHT
Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. 
TUESDAY
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. 
TUESDAY NIGHT
Partly cloudy. Lows around 70. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. 
WEDNESDAY
Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. 
WEDNESDAY NIGHT
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Light west winds.

alittle cooler thurs-sun
 forcast @link
http://www.weatherstreet.com/weather-forecast/Watson-IL-62473.htm

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2013, 09:02:22 PM »

Thanks for the updates Muffy.  I was hoping .....

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2013, 11:17:45 PM »

Thanks for the updates Muffy.  I was hoping .....

Janet

I was hoping too, Janet.    

In Sheriff Monnet's last press briefing, he said the search would continue from 8:00 p.m. tonight using emergency service personnel only, and the flare plane would be flying until 6:00 a.m.  He said the most effective time for the plane would be around 10:00 p.m., and the emergency service personnel would be available not only to continue searching through the night, but checking areas the flare plane showed indications.  Sheriff Monnet said only emergency service personnel would be used tomorrow (Tuesday) due to concern for safety of the civilian searchers.  Due to the hot weather and conditions, 3 civilian searchers were taken to Effingham for treatment with 7 other civilian searchers looked at for heat related problems.  He said therefore, emergency service personnel would be used here on out, unless a situation develops where there's a need for civilian searchers, and they would then be called upon to help if needed.  Emergency service personnel are firefighters, police etc. and according to Sheriff Monnet, they've been trained how to take care of themselves in the extreme conditions of the search.  These are my words of summation, not verbatim. 

Below is video of Monnet's press briefing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ihkuSSRPBuc
Monday evening update on missing 7-year old girl from Watson, IL  8:40

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2013, 12:58:22 AM »

September 9, 2013
Grandfather fears granddaughter abducted

WATSON — The maternal grandfather of the Watson girl missing since Sunday morning told reporters Monday evening he does not believe 7-year-old Willow Long is still in the area.

"I think it's an abduction, but not for ransom," said Dale De Ryke. Young Willow and her mother, Ciara De Ryke, had been living with the elder De Rykes at a home on Circle Drive in Watson.

De Ryke said Willow wasn't the kind who would just wander off.

"I know my granddaughter, and she would never willingly leave the yard unless it was with somebody she knew," he said, adding he believes she was lured away from the residence by some sort of acquaintance.

De Ryke, a truck driver, said he learned of Willow's disappearance Sunday while hauling a load to the Pinnacle Foods plant in Lemoyne, Pa. He returned home about 6:30 p.m. Monday to a town buzzing with police, fire and other emergency personnel — as well as hundreds of volunteers from throughout the region.

"I have never seen a search effort as good as this one," he said. "I have nothing but good to say about what they are doing."

But De Ryke complained he hasn't been allowed to see his son Justin, Willow's uncle, and was only able to speak to daughter Ciara briefly.

"I believe they are treating family members as suspects, including myself," he said. "I don't care. I don't have anything to hide."

<snipped>

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x1253341780/Grandfather-fears-granddaughter-abducted

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2013, 01:08:42 AM »

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/09/7-year-old-girl-missing-from-effingham-county-in-illinois/

Still no sign of missing 7-year-old girl from Effingham County
Posted on: 10:13 am, September 9, 2013, by George Sells and Rebecca Roberts, updated on: 10:27pm, September 9, 2013

Police say there is no evidence at this point of any foul play in the girl’s disappearance.

Willow lives with her mother, uncle and grandparents. Her mother and uncle were home when she went missing.

The two, ages 26 and 22, are being held for questioning according to the girl’s grandfather

“It isn’t like Willow to wander away,” said the grandfather. And he feels foul play is involved.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2013, 07:55:02 AM »

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-update-body-of-small-child-found-near-search-area-for-missing-willow-long

5AM TUESDAY UPDATE: After a massive search for missing 7-year old Willow Long, four volunteer searchers found the body of a small child south of Watson Monday evening at about 7:30pm

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2013, 08:34:09 AM »

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-update-body-of-small-child-found-near-search-area-for-missing-willow-long

5AM TUESDAY UPDATE: After a massive search for missing 7-year old Willow Long, four volunteer searchers found the body of a small child south of Watson Monday evening at about 7:30pm

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2013, 08:38:19 AM »

More from the above update:

5AM TUESDAY UPDATE: After a massive search for missing 7-year old Willow Long, four volunteer searchers found the body of a small child south of Watson Monday evening at about 7:30pm.

Effingham County State's Attorney Brian Kibler said in a release that no positive ID of the body has been made, and that an official autopsy to determine the identification and cause of death is scheduled for Tuesday morning.

Officials say the search for Willow has been suspended, and most of the crew has been sent home from the command post in Watson.

A joint investigation by the Illinois State Police and the Effingham County Sheriff's Department continues into the disappearance of Willow Long.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2013, 08:48:53 AM »

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/397080/40/Body-of-child-found-near-search-area-for-Willow-Long-
Search for missing Willow Long in Effingham County leads to discovery of body
6:11 AM, Sep 10, 2013 

WATSON, Ill. (KSDK) -  A body has been found in the search area of Effingham County, Illinois where hundreds of people have been looking for a missing 7-year-old girl.

Authorities notified the media on-scene Tuesday morning a child's body had been located by four volunteers around 7:30 p.m. Monday.

Investigators say they have not made an official identification on the remains and an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday morning to determine a cause of death.

Illinois State Police and the Effingham County Sheriff's Department continue to investigate the child's disappearance.

Stay tuned to NewsChannel 5 and KSDK.com for the latest on the discovery and the ongoing investigation for additional details as they become available.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2013, 09:33:50 AM »

Very sad! Not again! 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2013, 10:18:52 AM »

Crime scene tape surrounds Willow Long’s home; ISP takes over investigation
Posted on: 10:13 am, September 9, 2013

WATSON, IL (KTVI) – The Illinois State Police have taken over the case of missing Willow Long, 7.  She was reported missing Sunday by her mother.  On Monday night,  the body of a small child was found south of the village of Watson in Effinghman County.  The State’s Attorney’s office says four volunteer searchers located the body around 7:30 p.m.
Officials, however, have not confirmed that it is the body of Willow Long or any details about the body. On Tuesday morning, authorities suspended the search for Willow.  An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday morning.

<snipped>

Family members of the missing girl weren’t commenting Monday afternoon, other than to say they appreciated the efforts of those volunteering and expressing their hope that Willow would be found.
Police say there is no evidence at this point of any foul play in the girl’s disappearance.
Willow lives with her mother, uncle and grandparents. Her mother and uncle were home when she went missing.
The two, ages 26 and 22, are being held for questioning according to the girl’s grandfather.

<snipped>

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/09/7-year-old-girl-missing-from-effingham-county-in-illinois/

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2013, 10:22:18 AM »

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Body-of-small-child-found-in-Illinois-could-be-missing-7-year-old-girl-223108311.html
Body of small child found in Illinois; search called off for missing 7-year-old girl
Posted on September 10, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Updated today at 8:42 AM

(KMOV) -- The body of a small child was found in Effingham County, Illinois late Monday night, though police did not confirm if it was that of a 7-year-old girl who had gone missing from her home over the weekend.
The body was found by four search volunteers in an area south of Watson around 7:30 p.m.
Authorities said they have yet to positively identify the body and an autopsy to determine the child’s cause of death was scheduled for Tuesday morning.
But a sergeant with the Effingham County Sheriff’s Office said they have broken down their command centers and called off the search Willow Long. They would not say if the body was hers.
Neighbors said officers  put up crime scene tape around Long’s house near the intersection of Circle Dr. and Watson around 10:30 p.m. That's located about a mile from where the body was found.  They said three poeople were taken away in handcuffs. None of that information was confirmed by police.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2013, 10:23:28 AM »

Search for missing Willow Long in Effingham County leads to discovery of body
8:58 AM, Sep 10, 2013

WATSON, Ill. (KSDK) -  A body has been found in the search area of Effingham County, Illinois where hundreds of people have been looking for a missing 7-year-old girl.

Willow Long disappeared from her family home in the Village of Watson over the weekend, igniting a massive search of the area for the little girl.

Authorities notified the media on-scene Tuesday morning a child's body had been located by four volunteers around 7:30 p.m. Monday.

Investigators say they have not made an official identification on the remains and an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday morning to determine a cause of death.

The search for Willow has been suspended indefinitely. Illinois State Police are in charge of the investigation and at the scene.

Illinois State Police and the Effingham County Sheriff's Department continue to investigate the child's disappearance.

Crime scene tape has been up around Willow's home since 6 a.m. Tuesday.

<snipped>

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/397080/40/Body-of-child-found-near-search-area-for-Willow-Long-

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2013, 10:27:07 AM »

CRIME SCENE?

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2013, 10:32:01 AM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2013, 10:34:38 AM »

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Body-of-small-child-found-in-Illinois-could-be-missing-7-year-old-girl-223108311.html

Body of small child found in Illinois; search called off for missing 7-year-old girl
Updated today at 8:42 AM

(KMOV) -- The body of a small child was found in Effingham County, Illinois late Monday night, though police did not confirm if it was that of a 7-year-old girl who had gone missing from her home over the weekend.

The body was found by four search volunteers in an area south of Watson around 7:30 p.m.

Authorities said they have yet to positively identify the body and an autopsy to determine the child’s cause of death was scheduled for Tuesday morning.

But a sergeant with the Effingham County Sheriff’s Office said they have broken down their command centers and called off the search Willow Long. They would not say if the body was hers.

Neighbors said officers  put up crime scene tape around Long’s house near the intersection of Circle Dr. and Watson around 10:30 p.m. That's located about a mile from where the body was found.  They said three poeople were taken away in handcuffs. None of that information was confirmed by police.

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »

Uncle arrested in murder of missing 7-year-old Illinois girl
Updated today at 11:25 AM

(KMOV) -- Authorities have made an arrest in the murder of a 7-year-old girl who had gone missing from her home in Effingham County, Ill. over the weekend.

The body of Willow Long was found by four search volunteers in an area south of Watson around 7:30 p.m.

Her uncle, 22-year-old Justin DeRyke, was arrested at 5:55 a.m. Tuesday and charged with first-degree murder. No other arrests have been made. Additional information regarding his arrest was not immediately available.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2013, 12:40:05 PM »

Uncle arrested in murder of missing 7-year-old Illinois girl
Updated today at 11:25 AM

(KMOV) -- Authorities have made an arrest in the murder of a 7-year-old girl who had gone missing from her home in Effingham County, Ill. over the weekend.

The body of Willow Long was found by four search volunteers in an area south of Watson around 7:30 p.m.

Her uncle, 22-year-old Justin DeRyke, was arrested at 5:55 a.m. Tuesday and charged with first-degree murder. No other arrests have been made. Additional information regarding his arrest was not immediately available.

RIP Willow.    Prayers for her family and friends. May the uncle rot in he77.    I just don't get it.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.