April 20, 2024, 03:56:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devon Morrison, 10 missing 9/14/2013 Belding Michigan  (Read 24896 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« on: September 15, 2013, 09:20:36 PM »

10 Year Old Devon Morrison Missing Since 9/14/13 in Belding, MI …Searching the Flat River

10 year old Devon Morrison has been missing since Saturday, September 14, 2013 in Belding, MI. According to accounts, Devon Morrison left his home near Harrison Street and North York Street to go fishing alone along the Flat River on Saturday and never returned. A neighbor who knows Devon told police that they spotted him walking on Harrison Street with his fishing pole at 2:30 p.m. Nelson said the neighbor believed the boy was walking away from the river.

Posted September 15, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/09/15/10-year-old-devon-morrison-missing-since-91413-in-belding-mi-searching-the-flat-river/#comments

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 09:21:28 PM »

Police tape off area around Devon's home
September 15, 2013 9:09 PM EDT

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ionia-county/sunday-spent-looking-for-devon-morrison

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 09:25:01 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 10:05:33 PM »

FBI joins search for 10-year-old in Belding; chief calls disappearance 'suspicious'
September 15, 2013 at 9:31 PM

BELDING, MI — A large, multi-agency search continues in Belding for missing Devon Morrison, who was last seen near his home on Saturday with a fishing pole headed toward the Flat River.

Authorities, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Michigan State Police, have searched the river near downtown with boats and helicopters for the 10-year-old boy, whom police say is well known in this small town community.

The disappearance is considered suspicious, said Belding Police Chief Dale Nelson.

“Because he has not been located and we don’t have a firm direction as to where he’s at, were treating it as a possible criminal activity,” said Nelson.

<snipped>

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/09/fbi_called_into_search_for_10-.html

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 10:46:26 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/09/hunt_for_missing_10-year-old_b.html

Search for missing 10-year-old boy to taper overnight, ramp up Monday morning
on September 15, 2013 at 9:05 PM, updated September 15, 2013 at 9:27 PM

BELDING, MI — Efforts to locate missing 10-year-old Devon Morrison are expected to diminish overnight and resume early Monday with dive teams and K-9 units.

Steve Van Holstyn, a 911 supervisor who was among those running a search command center, said the search will continue after dark Sunday, albeit on a smaller scale.

"There'll still be people out there," he said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 11:52:14 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ionia-county/sunday-spent-looking-for-devon-morrison

Police search Devon's home;take bags out
Updated: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
Published: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT

BELDING, Mich. (WOOD) - Authorities put up police tape around the home of a missing 10-year-old Belding boy Sunday night as they searched his house and took pictures.

A 24 Hour News 8 crew went to the house Sunday evening to speak with the family. When they arrived, they found police sealing off an area around Devon Morrison's home and police searching the home. Authorities tell 24 Hour News 8 they are searching the home, but wouldn't give specifics.

Devon Morrison's mother spoke to 24 Hour News 8 during the search and said authorities were "searching for things for the search tomorrow."

As the evening went on, more law enforcement vehicles game to the house. At least a dozen agents from various law enforcement agencies went into the house. Some were searching while others were taking pictures inside. It is unknown what the authorities were taking pictures of.

Late Sunday night, officials walked out of the house with several bags. Around 11 p.m., they removed the crime time from the area and left. Authorities would not tell 24 Hour News 8 what was in the bags they removed from the house.

Authorities have been speaking with members of Devon's family since Saturday. Devon's mother and his grandfather were held by police for questioning Sunday and were released later on in the day.

It is unknown if Devon's father or his mother's boyfriend have been questioned.

Authorities say they have no suspects at the time, but they are calling the disappearance 'suspicious'.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 07:06:03 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/09/fbi_called_into_search_for_10-.html#incart_river_news

FBI joins search for 10-year-old in Belding; chief calls disappearance 'suspicious'

BELDING, MI — A large, multi-agency search continues in Belding for missing Devon Morrison, who was last seen near his home on Saturday with a fishing pole headed toward the Flat River.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 07:08:22 AM »

When I originally read this story I thought - drowned in river - so sad, but rumor is that last night the police started investigating the family. Story is (and I know it may or may not be true) that he left at 1030 for fishing, was supposed to check in every two hours, was seen by a neighbor at 230 and reported missing at 615 or so. But some stories say that the step dad was looking for him as of 1230. Something does not smell right to me - I hope I am wrong . . . .

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 11:58:17 AM »

Devon Morrison Missing: Authorities Find Sneakers Of 10-Year-Old Who Disappeared, But No Signs Of Michigan Boy
September 16 2013 11:03 AM

Authorities are searching for 10-year-old missing Michigan boy Devon Morrison, who disappeared Saturday and was last seen carrying a fishing pole.

After a search Sunday night ended without finding Devon, federal, state and local authorities were expected to renew the search Monday morning, the Grand Rapids Press reported. Searches conducted Sunday morning along the river and in adjacent fields yielded no signs of the missing 10-year-old Belding, Mich., boy, according to the Detroit Free Press. But local police discovered what may be Devon’s sneakers on the banks of the Flat River on Sunday morning.

The search Sunday included divers from a number of police agencies, while the Michigan State Police joined the search by providing a helicopter.

Crime scene tape was placed around the perimeter of the Morrison home after detectives searched the residence Sunday night, WWMT reported. The paper said it observed detectives taking photographs inside the home and spoke to someone in the house “for a period of time.” Investigators spoke to Devon’s mother, her boyfriend, and the 10-year-old’s grandmother, but did not label them as suspects in the 10-year-old’s disappearance. Dogs were also aiding in the search at the house.

The 10-year-old’s family said he typically fished on the Flat River in western Michigan and that he routinely fished alone and came back home after a few hours.

“This time he didn’t come back,” Belding Police Chief Dale Nelson told the Free Press.

Devon left to fishing around 10:30 a.m. Saturday, and was last seen by a neighbor later that day at 2:30 p.m., according to the Grand Rapids Press. He was reporting missing at 6:15 p.m. after he didn’t check in with his family, which he usually does every two hours.

The 10-year-old Belding boy was last seen wearing black jeans and a red hoodie with the word “starter” emblazoned on it in white.

Sgt. William Hoskins of the Ionia Police Department told the search party what to be on the lookout for.

<snipped>

http://www.ibtimes.com/devon-morrison-missing-authorities-find-sneakers-10-year-old-who-disappeared-no-signs-michigan-boy

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 11:59:27 AM »

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 12:11:15 PM »

There was a missing persons thread started for Devon yesterday. Klaasend or one of the mods can merge this thread with the original. Here is link to the first one:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14700.msg1576346#msg1576346
10 Year old Devon Morrison - Missing 9/14/13 - Belding, MI

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 12:14:14 PM »

Klaas or one of our mods:
Would you please merge the two Devon Morrison threads?  Thanks!     BTW, I think it's great there are so many folks interested in these cases and that we have more monkeys starting threads. 

Link to duplicate thread:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14702.msg1576371#msg1576371
Devon Morrison, 10 missing 9/14/2013 Belding Michigan

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
ka8lhi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 03:27:26 PM »

R.I.P. Devon

http://www.9and10news.com/story/23443197/police-searching-for-ionia-co-boy-missing-since-saturday

Searchers Find Body Of Missing Ionia Co. Boy

BELDING, Mich. (AP) -- Police say searchers have found the body of the 10 year old boy who went missing Saturday night.

The City of Belding posted on its Facebook page Monday afternoon that Devon Morrison's body was found in the Flat River.

There are no details on the boy's death yet.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 03:39:45 PM »

R.I.P. Devon

http://www.9and10news.com/story/23443197/police-searching-for-ionia-co-boy-missing-since-saturday

Searchers Find Body Of Missing Ionia Co. Boy

BELDING, Mich. (AP) -- Police say searchers have found the body of the 10 year old boy who went missing Saturday night.

The City of Belding posted on its Facebook page Monday afternoon that Devon Morrison's body was found in the Flat River.

There are no details on the boy's death yet.

Thanks ka8lhi.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 03:46:35 PM »

10-Year-Old Devon Morrison Found Dead in Flat River
2 hour ago

BELDING, Mich. — The body of 10-year-old Devon Morrison was discovered Monday afternoon by dive teams during a searching in the Flat River

Morrison was last seen Saturday morning, and search crews from several organizations, including the FBI, were investigating Sunday and Monday.

According to police, Morrison’s body was discovered near his favorite fishing place by the Ashfield Street Bridge.  His exact cause of death will be determined by an autopsy.

http://fox17online.com/2013/09/16/10-year-old-devon-morrison-found-dead-in-flat-river/#axzz2f52vW9cj

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 04:20:56 PM »

Rest in Peace, Devon  an angelic monkey

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/police-10-year-old-boy-devon-morrison-missing-near-grand-rapids

Body of 10-year-old boy Devon Morrison found in Flat River near Grand Rapids
Posted: 5:50 AM
Last Updated: 1 hour and 8 minutes ago

BELDING, Mich., (WXYZ) - A search for a 10-year-old boy missing near Grand Rapids has apparently come to a tragic end.

While police are not commenting on the latest developments in the search for Devon Morrison, they are directing inquiries to the Ionia County Central Dispatch Facebook page.

Posted on the page is a statement that says, "It is with heavy heart that the City reports the body of Devon Morrison was found in the Flat River. Please keep his family and thoughts in your prayers."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 04:29:04 PM »

Very sad news.  May Devon rest in peace.   an angelic monkey

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 04:33:43 PM »

http://fox17online.com/2013/09/16/missing-boys-custody-file/#axzz2f0PJRCFQ

Missing Boy’s Custody File
4 hours ago

The file shows various hearings involving ‘parenting time’ and child support. Danny Morrison and Shauna Smith are listed as Devon Morrison’s parents. Smith and Morrison share custody, but Smith has Devon the majority of the time. Danny Morrison was ordered to pay child support.

The case file stems from Roscommon County and dates back to 2008. In 2010, the custody file was transferred to Ionia County since Smith and Morrison had both moved from the Roscommon area.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 04:39:56 PM »

Man I searched and did not find it. Sorry Mods~

- George Bernard Shaw
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 04:44:50 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/09/divers_find_body_of_missing_10.html

Divers find body of missing 10-year-old Belding boy near 'favorite fishing spot'
on September 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM, updated September 16, 2013 at 3:14 PM

BELDING, MI -- The body of 10-year-old Devon Morrison was found about 12:30 p.m. today near one of his favorite fishing spots, Belding police Chief Dale Nelson said.

Today, however, divers found his body near the Ashfield Street bridge.

Nelson would not definitely say the death is accidental, pending an autopsy and "taking care of evidence," but said there are no suspects in the case.

"It's just tying up all the loose ends," he said in a press conference.

Police recovered the boy's fishing pole at the scene.

While the area near the Ashfield Street bridge was searched extensively Sunday, the body was not found then.

"I believe in our initial search, we did everything we could do given the conditions and the available personnel," he said.
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.