March 28, 2024, 02:02:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Immigrants lacking papers work legally — as their own bosses "  (Read 1357 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 17, 2013, 03:27:06 AM »

Savvy young immigrants discover the limited liability company as a way to work legally. Some even hire U.S. citizens.

PHOENIX — At just 20 years of age, Carla Chavarria sits at the helm of a thriving graphic design business, launching branding and media campaigns for national organizations. Some of her projects are so large she has to hire staff.

Still, Chavarria has to hop on buses to meet clients throughout Phoenix because Arizona won't give her a driver's license. The state considers her to be in the country illegally, even though she recently obtained a two-year reprieve from deportation under the Obama administration's deferred action program.

She may not drive, but along with thousands of other young people who entered the country illegally, Chavarria has found a way to make a living without breaking the law.

if the work didn't go to Chavarria, perhaps it would go to someone who was a citizen?

"We're taught as young kids that this is the land of opportunity," she said. "They told me, 'You could be anything you want to be if you work hard, you're a good person, obey your parents and go to school.'"

What do the parents of welfare recipients tell their children?  Go out have babies and retire at 14?  Get a good education and you can do anything?

Or, do they tell them the world owes them a living?  The government will take care of you?

At a workshop hosted by immigrant rights activists, Chavarria learned about these intricacies of labor law — and how to register as a limited liability company. "I didn't know it was possible," Chavarria said. "And it wasn't that hard."

Could she run her business from her country of origin?  I think she could.

read more here - http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ff-immigration-business-20130915,0,4218531.story

Why aren't liberals holding workshops for generational welfare recipients?

I imagine one group takes advantage of loopholes to work and support themselves, the other chooses to stay on the dole for a few more generations.

What is wrong with this picture?

Work or go hungry?  Does it work as a philosophy?

Or does generational dependence on government?

Which produces prosperity?

When is stealing from other via big government ever moral?  I don't think it ever is.

just my humble opinions.

Why aren't

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 03:30:37 AM »

How many of these young LLC's will have to buy Obamacare?  Pay the fines?

Were loopholes built into the law to let them keep their earnings?  Labor?

Will they get a free ride on the backs of everyone else when it comes to Obamacare?

Will they get subsidies despite their LLC earnings?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.