April 25, 2024, 12:17:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gunman opened fire in a Nairobi mall - 9/21/2013  (Read 9219 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 05:58:36 PM »

Kenya mall attack: Military says most hostages freed, death toll climbs to 68
September 22, 2013

<snipped>

There are believed to be between 10-15 gunmen involved in the attack, according to Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Sources within Al-Shabaab told CNN that nine names listed on a Twitter site -- now suspended -- were people who were among the alleged hostage-takers.

Three of the alleged attackers are from the United States, two are from Somalia and there is one each from Canada, Finland, Kenya and the United Kingdom, according to the list.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/22/world/africa/kenya-mall-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 11:59:26 AM »

2 Islamic militants dead, more hostages freed in Nairobi mall terror attack
Published September 23, 2013

Kenya’s interior minister says two male Islamic militants have been killed and more hostages have been freed as military forces led a new rescue operation Monday inside a mall in Nairobi.

Fox News has confirmed that Interior Minister Joseph Ole Lenku said the two militants died and some hostages were freed in the latest efforts to end the ongoing siege waged by al-Shabab, a Somali group with ties to Al Qaeda. Lenju did not provide the current number of militants still believed to be in the mall, but said the amount of hostages left was minimal.

Sustained gunfire was heard coming from the Westgate mall and four loud blasts shook the building Monday morning, sending plumes of thick smoke into the sky, and signaling a new attack on the militants who have been holding hostages inside since Saturday. The gunmen holed up inside the mall had caused the smoke by setting mattresses on fire in a supermarket as a decoy, according to a Reuters report.

Officials say at least 62 people were killed and 200 wounded in the weekend attack, while 63 were reported missing.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/23/most-hostages-freed-after-military-launches-assault-on-militants-in-mall/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 12:13:25 PM »

At least 62 dead || Most hostages freed from besieged Kenya mall, two terrorists confirmed dead
By Reuters    | Sep. 23, 2013 | 5:47 PM

<snipped>

Loud explosions sent thick smoke billowing from the Nairobi mall where militants from Somalia's al Qaida-linked al Shabaab group threatened to kill hostages on the third day of a raid in which at least 62 people have already died. The Red Cross also said it had also recorded more than 60 people reported missing by relatives.

<snipped>

http://www.haaretz.com/news/world/1.548470

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2013, 01:25:39 PM »

Al-Shabaab Claims that Three Americans Are Among Gunmen in Kenya Mall Massacre, Death Toll at 68

Americans among the Al-Shabaab terrorist gunman?

Al-Shabaab, an Al-Qaeda affiliated terror group, is claiming that there are three American gunmen among the others Islamists in a standoff at the Westage Mall in Nairobi, Kenya.  The Al-Qaeda affiliate tweeted the following names: Ahmed Mohamed Isse, 22, “native” of St. Paul, MN, Abdifatah Osman Keenadiid, 24, of Minneapolis, and Gen Mustafe Noorudiin, 27, of Kansas City, MO.  The Kenya Mall Massacre has killed at least 68 and wounded over 200 individuals.

Posted September 23, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/09/23/al-shabaab-claims-that-three-americans-are-among-gunmen-in-kenya-mall-massacre-death-toll-at-68/#comments

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 01:31:10 PM »

Kenya's president says his military has 'ashamed and defeated' Islamist militants inside mall
Published September 24, 2013

Kenya’s president says his military has “ashamed and defeated” Al Qaeda-linked terrorists in an apparent end to a standoff and hostage situation inside a popular mall that lasted for four days.

Uhuru Kenyatta said in a national address Tuesday that Kenya’s armed forces were able to kill five of the militants and took eleven into custody. He said 67 people were killed in the violence at Nairobi’s Westgate Mall, including six security officers, and called for three days of national mourning beginning Wednesday.

FBI investigators are now waiting for forensic evidence, including fingerprints taken from inside mall and dental records, to verify claims that some of the attackers were Americans, a federal law enforcement source told Fox News.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/24/kenya-official-says-several-americans-among-mall-attackers/

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 04:33:12 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/09/27/mall-victims-tortured-maimed-in-al-shabab-attacks/2882299/
Inside Kenya shopping mall, a house of horrors
September 27, 2013

The al-Shabab terrorists who seized a Kenyan shopping mall for four days tortured, maimed and mutilated some of their 67 victims, leaving a tattered scene of ghoulish, gruesome remains that investigators likened to scenes from a horror movie.

Hostages were left hanging and had their eyes gouged, others were dismembered. Others had their throats slashed or were castrated and had fingers amputated, according to media reports quoting soldiers, medical personnel and investigators sorting through the rubble of the collapsed mall.

Kenya's The Star, quoting a forensics doctor, said all of the victims were mutilated. Britain's Daily Mail reported children stashed in refrigerators with knives in their bodies.

"You find people with hooks hanging from the roof. They removed eyes, ears, nose. Actually if you look at all the bodies, unless those ones that were escaping, fingers are cut by pliers, the noses are ripped by pliers," said the doctor. The Star said he declined to give his name.

Some of the terrorists' bodies also appeared to have been burned by fellow extremists to protect their identities.

More than 70 people remain missing, but it could take up to a week before the mall, much of it in ruins after the collapse of three floors, is thoroughly searched.
Investigators says evidence shows Somali-based al-Shabab had planned the attack for up to a year, renting a shop in the mall and posing as businessmen, then moving weapons and supplies inside the mall weeks before the attack.

Up to 15 terrorists are believed to have conducted the attacks. Five were killed and at least 10 were arrested.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2013, 09:29:08 AM »

http://gulfnews.com/news/world/other-world/girl-saved-by-muslim-hero-of-kenya-mall-massacre-1.1236509
Girl saved by Muslim hero of Kenya mall massacre
Remarkable story of Somali who entered scene of terror and beckoned mother and her children to follow him to safety after four-hour ordeal

September 28, 2013

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/indian-origin-man-offered-himself-as-hostage-in-kenya-mall-to-save-children-killed-report-424994
Indian-origin man offered himself as hostage in Kenya mall to save children, killed: report
September 28, 2103

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.