April 23, 2024, 08:54:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trucks want Obama removed from office? Watch video.  (Read 4284 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 08, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »

Truckers Look To Take Constitutional Stand
Watch and listen carefully.  I was shocked to hear what their goal was. - http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/10/08/truckers-look-take-constitutional-stand

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 08:44:43 PM »

"When asked what the goal of the protest was, Andrews explained: "We want the president of the United States removed from office. He is a threat to national security, he is a threat to our way of life, he is a threat to our future generations.""

from the video  WOW

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 12:11:06 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/capital-beltway-shutdown-all-a-ploy-trucker-says/2013/10/08/1e446572-3033-11e3-bbed-a8a60c601153_story.html

Threat of Capital Beltway shutdown is a hoax, trucker says

By Lori Aratani, Updated: Tuesday, October 8, 1:33 PM E-mail the writer

It can be hard to get attention for your agenda in a town like Washington, but Georgia trucker Earl Conlon figured out a way: take the Beltway hostage.

Conlon’s comments in a U.S. News & World Report story that he and thousands of truckers from across the country (and possibly Canada) planned to come to the nation’s capital Friday and bring traffic to a standstill on the inner loop of the Capital Beltway zinged across the Web and were picked up by outlets ranging from Fox News to the Huffington Post. The rally was dubbed “Truckers for the Constitution.”

But it is a hoax.

“The comments to U.S. News were designed to do one thing and one thing only: stir the feather of the mainstream media,” said Conlon, a father of three. “Nothing gets the attention of the mainstream media like some sort of disastrous threat. I knew it was going to ruffle some feathers.”
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 07:27:28 AM »

Perhaps the report of a 'hoax' was the hoax?

Update:Soon after the U.S. News article was published, Truckers Ride for the Constitution posted several Facebook comments disavowing Mr. Conlon and his statements. The Washington Post later published a story claiming that his statements were part of a “hoax.”

“The comments to U.S. News were designed to do one thing and one thing only: stir the feather of the mainstream media,” said Mr. Conlon, a father of three. “Nothing gets the attention of the mainstream media like some sort of disastrous threat. I knew it was going to ruffle some feathers.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/8/pro-constitution-truckers-plan-shut-down-dc-beltwa/#ixzz2hDtYIem3

I'll keep watching for new this weekend.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 01:38:51 PM »

We're hearing that the Truckers will be joined by the motorcycle groups and the Vets.  They're asking that we support them by not shopping (etc.) and cheering them on at overpasses.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 11:20:16 AM »

Independent Media has been covering the Vets and Truckers in DC.  MSM is ignoring the events.  The story of the hoax was the hoax.

Vets, assisted by regular Americans, removed the barrycades and freed the WWII Memorial.  Regular Americans removed the barriers and FREED the Lincoln Memorial.  Freedom is reopening.

The crowds are proceeding to the #SpiteHouse.  A group, already at the WH, is chanting "USA, USA, USA!"  (and, "SHAME ON YOU!")  Rumors are: They will try to take the barricades to the WH.

Mounted Police are on patrol.  Some of the participants are picking up trash along the way.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 11:47:51 AM »

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mlr13?utm_campaign=ustre-am&utm_source=16140007&utm_medium=social

Ustream is live streaming the event.  Two Americans passed the camera carrying a barricade; so, the rumors appear to be true.  Looks like they will be attempting to dump the barricades in front of the WH.

The President made the choices to barricade the Vets, and barricade the People from their own Memorials--paid by taxpayer money and private funds.  The President made the choice to deny benefits to the families of the dead soldiers, after they gave the "last full measure" to their country.  "Respect is earned."  The Vets have earned it, paid for it, and THEY OWN IT.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 12:06:12 PM »

Crowds have moved barriers from WWII Memorial and Lincoln Memorial and have "dumped" them in front of the WH.  At one point, a few police appeared in riot gear.  The crowd shouted, "SHAME ON YOU."  Eventually, the police moved off.

There have been complaints MSM is not covering DC.  Then FOX (Peter Doocey) appeared in front of the WWII Memorial--after the crowd was gone!  By noon, the crowd was proceeding to the WH.  Reports are that it is difficult to walk....crowded.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 12:42:46 PM »

Reports are clearing:  riot gear = face masks.  Reports of tear gas are not accurate.  There are some mounted police.

Truckers are reporting in from a rest stop in MD.  Their objective, all along, was to free the Memorial for the Vets.  They don't want violence; and, they don't want provocateurs.

Note:  Sarah Palin was there physically helping to take down the barricades.
Palin, Cruz, Lee and a hundred of their closest friends were freeing the trapped Memorials.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 01:32:13 PM »

Nothing happening at the moment.  There are hints there may be something more.  Whether or not that's true, we will find out this afternoon.

While reporting on the line of truckers, one ******* mentioned several BIG trucks and began laughing.  Sandwiched between the huge trucks was an itty bitty 4-wheeler.  (Bet he couldn't see anything!)  A reporter commented on a large Dump Truck--he thought that was appropriate.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 05:40:11 PM »

Palin & Cruz - two that are nothing but media whores in it for themselves only.  Figures they would be there.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 06:28:01 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/dc-crowd-pushes-barriers-wwii-memorial-20557651

DC Crowd Pushes Through Barriers to WWII Memorial

WASHINGTON October 13, 2013 (AP)

District of Columbia police said the crowd was dispersing by 1 p.m., about four hours after the protests began. U.S. Park Police said there had been one arrest at the Lincoln Memorial for assault, but it was not related to the protest, said Lt. Pamela Smith.

Jim Weller of Allentown, Pa., said he came to protest "to stand up for my rights."

"My father was a World War II veteran, shot down in the Philippines in 1945, and for them to shut down this memorial is absurd," he said.

Cindy Good had a message for lawmakers.

"They need to listen to the American people," she said, "and try to work together in Congress to get this whole thing worked out."

After the protest, U.S. Park Police worked to secure the World War II Memorial again, and Smith said they were still closed because of the shutdown.

The Park Police officers, who have been guarding the memorials amid protests over their closure, are not being paid during the government shutdown.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/veterans-protest-closure-of-monuments-and-memorials/2013/10/13/2396611e-342b-11e3-8a0e-4e2cf80831fc_gallery.html#photo=1

Veterans protest closure of monuments and memorials

COMMENT:

tahuaya
12:06 PM PST
I served in the Marines from July 1962 until September 1966 and was discharged as a sergeant. So I'm a veteran but I do not stand with these people, who may or may not be veterans.

First of all, I tired of Chicken Hawks like Senator Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin who never served but will jump at any chance to speak for veterans. Well, they do not speak for me and I bet there are many other veterans they do not speak for. I'm tired of being a pawn in the Republican strategy to be the party of patriots as if no Democrat could possibility be a patriot.

They wrap themselves up in the flag, and congratulate each other on being "Great Americans" as if they are on the Sean Hannity show. At times, I cringe when I hear the word patriot because of the closed minded, mean spirited people who now claim that title as their own.

I am an American. As an American, I follow our political situation and read about and listen to the news. I am informed. The memorial were shut down because Republicans like Ted Cruz wanted to shut down government in order to end Obamacare. The monument was closed because of a reduction in force that the Republicans caused. Monuments are subject to vandalism and when the Park service could not supervise them, it closed them to protect them.

March on Capital Hill and not the White House and protest the House of Representatives, the Tea Party and the Republican party that supports them. That would be the patriotic thing to do.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 08:35:47 PM »

I am an American. As an American, I follow our political situation and read about and listen to the news. I am informed. The memorial were shut down because Republicans like Ted Cruz wanted to shut down government in order to end Obamacare. The monument was closed because of a reduction in force that the Republicans caused. Monuments are subject to vandalism and when the Park service could not supervise them, it closed them to protect them.

"Informed" depends on what you read and what you watch.  The Memorials were not shut down because "Republicans like Ted Cruz wanted to shut down government in order to end Obamacare."  The House passed a Bill which funded everything else in government, except Obamacare.  The Bill went to the Senate and the Senate said, "Nope, all or nothing."  They changed the Bill and sent it back to the House.  The House said, "No." (but the House didn't want a government shutdown)  The House sent smaller Bills funding necessary parts of the government (about 17 Bills) and the Senate Leader didn't do anything with any of them.  No funding Bill which came from the House was passed by the Senate, after the first round.  All the while, the President stated he wouldn't sign the Bills.

The Senate had many opportunities to pass Bills which would have funded most of the government.  Why wouldn't they do that?  Because it's "All or Nothing" to many of them.  You are going to have Obamacare, and you are going to like it if it kills you.  Pelosi said you can't read it until it's passed.  You'll love it.  (60% of Americans really don't like it.)  You cannot possibly be well informed on this Law.  There were 2700 pages (which Congress didn't read) and thousands of pages of regulations were added later.

The President has control over what is shut down.  The percentage of shutdown is about 13%.  You are seeing which choices have been made.

Monuments are subject to vandalism and when the Park service could not supervise them, it closed them to protect them.

Like Mt. Rushmore?  Like the open air WWII Memorial, unguarded 24/7?  Have you ever heard of Old Faithful being vandalized?  The Grand Canyon?

They couldn't shutdown Mt. Vernon because it was privately owned; so, they shutdown the parking lot.  Remember this if there's a shutdown after Obamacare.  You'll have to hope you don't have a heart attack... because they might shutdown the hospital parking lot. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 10:51:32 PM »

Yes it definitely depends upon what you read and who you believe.  Frankly I choose not to believe the same people who had Romney winning in 2012 
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 09:04:33 AM »

All too true, but if what we read is inaccurate then what we believe is false. 

In the trucker march, most people had little opportunity to know it was happening--there was little coverage.  It was planned before the shutdown and was about the Constitution; but, they supported the Vets when they were kept out of their WWII Memorial.  If the truckers had converged on and shut down any other city, it would be big news.

These men and women were angry about how the Constitution is being used (and cut to pieces at the same time) and the impact on the People... them.  Then, they were angered about the Vets' situation.

Although Romney is election past, I believe he would have been better for jobs/economy.  We have averaged 160K jobs gained, with about 350K lost--per week.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »

I believe in the right to peaceful protest.  I do not believe anyone has the right to block (or slow down) traffic on a public thoroughfare.  The word here is "public".  It's my road too.  I've paid taxes for the use of the roads, as have others and we should have use of the right of way.  We need to be able to get to our homes, jobs, schools, doctors and etc.  If truckers or anyone else is driving below the posted minimum speed limit, they should be cited.  It's dangerous.  No matter if the truckers are "right" or not, who are they to control a public thoroughfare (and other citizens) because of political issues?  I certainly wouldn't applaud this type of behavior.  Anyone remember when the folks protesting in regard to the Trayvon Martin case were walking in the road, protesting and blocking traffic?  Same thing.  JMHO

Take from this:  peaceful protest okay.  Impinging on my rights and those of other citizens not okay.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 01:14:21 PM »

I agree and disagree; and, we'll probably agree to disagree but here goes:

We agree on right to protest and the protest should be considerate.  We disagree about how considerate.  Should the truckers have gathered in Lafayette Square, protested, and gone home?  Nobody would hear a thing about it.  What good is free speech if you are forced to hide in a closet.

From what I was hearing, when they were going slowly they were told to pick it up to at least minimum speed.  They did. 

The protest was inconvenient, peaceful, and fairly responsible (as much as they could plan and manage) and didn't seem to have the impact they had hoped.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 05:58:44 PM »

I agree and disagree; and, we'll probably agree to disagree but here goes:

We agree on right to protest and the protest should be considerate.  We disagree about how considerate.  Should the truckers have gathered in Lafayette Square, protested, and gone home?  Nobody would hear a thing about it.  What good is free speech if you are forced to hide in a closet.

From what I was hearing, when they were going slowly they were told to pick it up to at least minimum speed.  They did. 

The protest was inconvenient, peaceful, and fairly responsible (as much as they could plan and manage) and didn't seem to have the impact they had hoped.

(Bolded by me) Yes, this was good they picked it up to minimum speed at least. Some were ticketed for not driving the minimum speed limit, which is breaking the law.    I agree we will have disagree on this one, since I still feel no one has the right to impede my travels to and from home, work, picking up kids from school, going to the doctor etc. on a public thoroughfare.  And quite frankly, yes the truckers should have gathered at Lafayette Square, protested and went home.  What good is free speech if those exercising it are taking away my freedom at the same time?  Yes to free speech.  No to taking away my personal freedom to come and go on a public road to call attention to others political opinion. That's selfish.  They're not happy so they want everyone else to be unhappy I suppose.   I just can't support this type of behavior. It didn't buy any good will on my part.  I often vote with my wallet, my feet and of course by ballot.  Those actions don't deprive anyone of their egress.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 06:26:07 PM »

All too true, but if what we read is inaccurate then what we believe is false. 

In the trucker march, most people had little opportunity to know it was happening--there was little coverage.  It was planned before the shutdown and was about the Constitution; but, they supported the Vets when they were kept out of their WWII Memorial.  If the truckers had converged on and shut down any other city, it would be big news.

These men and women were angry about how the Constitution is being used (and cut to pieces at the same time) and the impact on the People... them.  Then, they were angered about the Vets' situation.

Although Romney is election past, I believe he would have been better for jobs/economy.  We have averaged 160K jobs gained, with about 350K lost--per week.

You and I will always disagree on this.
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.