April 26, 2024, 01:05:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 Year Old Abigail Hernandez Missing Since 10/9/13 in Conway, NH  (Read 173415 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: October 12, 2013, 12:06:37 PM »

14 Year Old Abigail Hernandez Missing Since 10/9/13 in Conway, NH

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/10/10/14-year-old-abigail-hernandez-missing-since-10913-in-conway-nh/

14 year old Abigail Hernandez has been missing since Wednesday, October 9, 2013 in Conway, New Hampshire. According to reports Abigail was last seen Wednesday afternoon when she left Kennett High School. She was reported missing by her mother. As per WCSH6 , police believe Abigail Hernandez that she had walked home before she disappeared as they had  deployed search dogs at her last known location at Kennett High School where the dogs followed her scent back to Abigail’s home at 86 Village Way.

If anyone has any information regarding Abigail Hernandez’s whereabouts, please contact the Conway police at 603-356-5715
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 12:09:22 PM »

Search continues for missing North Conway girl, 14

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new-hampshire/2013/10/11/search-into-day-for-missing-north-conway-teen/mAkccYmcvWRHNHCn0ERA7K/story.html

At a news conference Friday, Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said there’s nothing suspicious so far and that the large law enforcement presence has just one goal.

‘‘We’re here for one reason: To do what we can to find Abby,’’ Young said.

Later Friday, roadblocks were set up where police handed out posters with Abigail’s photo on them. Young said police would continue the search over the long Columbus Day weekend.

Abigail’s 15th birthday is Saturday.

Police won’t discuss specific evidence but say they’re treating her disappearance as a missing person’s case.

The search began at the girl’s house where Young said the family has been extremely cooperative. The search is focused so far on the areas surrounding the path Abigail took from school to home. Investigators are also combing through social media sites and phone records looking for details.

The FBI has enlisted the help of its Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team and has agents from as far away as Virginia assisting in the search. They are using the 1-800-CALL-FBI tip line as well as the www.tips.fbi.gov website if people have any information about Abigail.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 12:31:06 PM »

Red...I first read of this on Thursday morning.  The number and types of LE are significant I think.  It does not seem to be a young teenager who just went missing.

This morning I found a poster on LostnMissing.com and there was a block on the poster which said....
violent crime, upgraded to abduction, etc.  That notation is now gone although I still have a copy of it.

There is little to no information about her family background. 

crankycrankerson has an album which brings us up to date with what is available....i have forgotten how
to make a short link....so sorry.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Abigail%20Hernandez%20%20-NH-?sort=6&page=1#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Abigail%20Hernandez%20%20-NH-?sort=6&page=1&_suid=138159567483406550505103441668

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 12:37:22 PM »

This is a google map from her last seen location at her High School to her home in North Conway, NH.

http://goo.gl/maps/Pu5vz

This walking google route says she would walk 2.2 miles and 44 minutes.  She might have been able
to walk through the shopping areas and cut that time.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »

Do we have any monkeys who live in that area?  The town is on the Maine border. 

I am worried about this young girl.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 02:11:53 PM »

I am in Maine, but not near N. Conway NH

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted: 9:46 AM
Updated: 10:22 AM

Search continues for missing NH girl

Volunteers join local, federal and state officials in the search for a 14-year-old girl who vanished Wednesday.

The Associated Press

NORTH CONWAY, N.H. – By air, land and water, crews continue to search for a missing North Conway girl who vanished Wednesday.
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Search_continues_for_missing_NH_girl_.html

Local, federal and state officers have been joined by volunteers in the search for 14-year-old Abigail Hernandez. They’re paddling local waterways, flying over the area, handing out posters at roadblocks and carefully marching in lines through the woods at the southeast corner of the White Mountains.   

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »

Today is her 15th birthday, praying for a happy ending. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 03:33:33 PM »

Nut...thanks for checking on this.  There has been nothing heard from parents or from her sister.
I did hear that there would be a presser at 6pm your time....however, I dont have the link.  I will
check back later if I get something better.

texasmom....wouldnt it be awful to sit waiting on your child's birthday.   Prayers for her and her family.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 04:04:26 PM »

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/abigail-hernandez
MISSING PERSON
October 9, 2013
Conway, New Hampshire
ABIGAIL HERNANDEZ

Photos, information & FB (share), Twitter & Print Version at above link.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 04:52:31 PM »

Nut...thanks for checking on this.  There has been nothing heard from parents or from her sister.
I did hear that there would be a presser at 6pm your time....however, I dont have the link.  I will

texasmom....wouldnt it be awful to sit waiting on your child's birthday.   Prayers for her and her family.

I'll see if I can find the 'presser' station.>>>>  I find nothing about it in either TV or Radio stations in Maine...yet
Found this for N. Conway NH area
http://www.mtwashingtonvalley.org/newhampshire/services/outside-television-white-mountains-tv-16.cfm

and city data
http://www.city-data.com/city/North-Conway-New-Hampshire.html
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:13:03 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 06:35:02 AM »

Update as of 8 pm last night.  Mom made emotional plea to/for Abby.  Mom wants to know if any of Abby's friends noticed a change in behavior.
Wished her a Happy Birthday.
Heartbreaking......

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/12/missing-n-h-teens-mother-pleads-we-want-you-back-with-us/

Good Morning Monkeys......Looking for other news this morning.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 06:39:16 AM »

This link includes the presser with Mom speaking about/to Abby....

http://www.necn.com/10/12/13/Search-prayers-continue-for-missing-teen/landing.html?blockID=855005&feedID=11106

Mods...do I need to shorten these links?

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 06:52:50 AM »

Thanks!
No, the link is fine.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 03:20:28 PM »

Mom Pleads for Missing Daughter's Return

NORTH CONWAY, N.H., Oct. 13, 2013
Four days after Abigail Hernandez vanished after school in picturesque Conway, her mother wished her missing daughter a happy 15th birthday through tears as she pleaded for information about the teen's disappearance.

"Happy Birthday Abi,'' Zenya Hernandez said in front of the Conway police headquarters where the intensive search for her daughter is being orchestrated.

Hernandez's voice shook as she looked at a bank of reporters' cameras and delivered a message directly to her daughter: "Please come home. We miss you so badly."
 snipped

On Saturday dozens of searchers "line-searched" the woods around Cranmore Mountain ski resort, which involved shoulder-to-shoulder police officers navigating four square miles of mountainous terrain, said Major Kevin Jordan of the Maine Fish and Game department.

Jordan said police hovered overhead with a Massachusetts State Police helicopter and a borrowed FBI fixed-wing aircraft as part of the search and have combed more than 1,000 acres of wilderness on foot. There has been no sign of Hernandez, but searchers did recover human remains belonging to another person reported missing "years ago," Jordan told reporters.

"We are nowhere near done," Jordan said. "We are here to find Abi and to bring her home."
 snipped

Police officials said they are treating Hernandez's disappearance as a missing persons case, but added that foul play has not been ruled out.

Anyone with information relating to Hernandez's whereabouts is urged to call Conway PD at 603-356-5715.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »

Nut...thanks for checking on this.  There has been nothing heard from parents or from her sister.
I did hear that there would be a presser at 6pm your time....however, I dont have the link.  I will

texasmom....wouldnt it be awful to sit waiting on your child's birthday.   Prayers for her and her family.

I can't even bear to imagine it, Mere.   

I'm praying too, hope they find her soon and safe.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1coG5cTz4m4

Abigail Hernandez Search Intensifies

Published on Oct 13, 2013

The parents of a missing N.H. teen plea for her safe return.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1coG5cTz4m4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/1coG5cTz4m4</a>

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 09:25:03 PM »

Mere, I agree about the number and types of law enforcement that have been called (and how quickly they have gotten involved)

Is she someone connected to government? (FBI and secret services seemed to be there quickly?) or do they have some sort of info already making this a special case...

Also... They are keeping searches to just trained prof. and not asking for volunteers.. Just information (maybe because of the terrain? So often we see large volunteer groups searching in cases)

----------

'Abby, please come home'
Published Date: Sunday, 13 October 2013 07:41

Hernandez, a Kennett High freshman, was reported missing at 7:17 p.m. Wednesday. She was last seen around 2:30 p.m. leaving school, but when her family arrived home that evening she wasn't there.

Since her disappearance, agents from the FBI and Secret Service have been called in to assist local police, State Police, N.H. Fish and Game officers and representatives from the New Hampshire Attorney General's office to help facilitate her safe return.

Maj. Kevin Jordan of N.H. Fish and Game outlined the search efforts so far. Dog teams have combed 1,000 acres of wilderness, teams of line searchers have been over 5,000 more acres, 8.5 miles of the Saco River have been inspected, as well as 48 acres of Puddin Pond. Helicopters have been brought in by the FBI and the Massachusetts State Police to assist in searching from the air, he said, and "we're nowhere near done."

The medical examiner was called to the area twice on Saturday, he said, but those incidents were in no way related to Hernandez. One incident involved a hiker, and the other involved old bone fragments that were found during the Hernandez search. The bones are believed to be human and are several years old. Jordan said there is a person who went missing in 2006, but, until testing is completed, he wouldn't draw any conclusions about the bones.

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109478-missing-101413
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 09:40:32 PM »

Explanation for not needing volunteer searchers... I feel bad I questioned it. I just think the presence of all those different groups so quick got my mind going (that or i watch too many reality crime shows)

----------

Still no leads in search for missing teen
Published Date: Saturday, 12 October 2013 04:34

Community members have expressed a desire to help with the search, but, Wagner said, "I've spoken with the major for Fish and Game, and at this point they are asking the public to sort of hold tight. We are trying to exhaust the efforts of our professional Fish and Game people and professional trackers and experts in that area, and what they don't want is to have so many civilians out there that maybe they get lost. The longer this goes, the more they will ask for help. Maybe when the holiday weekend is over, I think they may be asking for more help from people with the searches."

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109477-no-leads-in-search-for-missing-girl
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 10:16:43 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/NHLEFB/posts/549985368408536

New Hampshire's Law Enforcement · 8,711 like this
41 minutes ago ·

UPDATE: New information has been released in the disappearance of 15-year old Abigail Hernandez.

According to reports, Abigail was last seen on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 at approximately 2:30pm leaving Kennett High School in Conway, NH on foot. Investigators have now released that Abigail's cell phone was last used the day she went missing at 6:30pm in the vicinity of Cranmore Mountain Resort in Conway, NH.

Anyone with information on Abigail's whereabouts is asked to call either the Conway Police Department at 603-356-5715 or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »

From Nut's post above

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14782.msg1577993#msg1577993

On Saturday dozens of searchers "line-searched" the woods around Cranmore Mountain ski resort, which involved shoulder-to-shoulder police officers navigating four square miles of mountainous terrain, said Major Kevin Jordan of the Maine Fish and Game department.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.