April 26, 2024, 05:53:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 Year Old Abigail Hernandez Missing Since 10/9/13 in Conway, NH  (Read 173493 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2013, 07:06:01 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/fbi-missing-girl-had-contact-with-mother-after-disappearance/-/9857858/23341204/-/4ctm66z/-/index.html

FBI: Missing girl had contact with mother after disappearance
New information to be released in search for Abigail Hernandez
UPDATED 6:47 PM EST Dec 05, 2013

CONWAY, N.H. —A North Conway girl who has been missing since October was in touch with her mother after her disappearance, officials said Thursday.

Law enforcement officials said that Abigail Hernandez, 15, was in touch with her mother after she disappeared Oct. 9, but that contact was not recent. No details of the nature of the contact were released.

The information was developed a couple of weeks ago. Law enforcement officials previously said there had been no contact with Abigail since she disappeared.

"We don't know that she is well or safe by any means," said FBI special agent Kieran Ramsey. "In fact, we have grave concerns for her safety."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2013, 07:08:24 PM »

Oh sorry! I was just so surprised to hear news about the case and did some searches and didnt find anything anywhere else..

I wonder what's going on.

Me too!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2013, 08:36:25 PM »

Oh sorry! I was just so surprised to hear news about the case and did some searches and didnt find anything anywhere else..

I wonder what's going on.

Maybe she contacted her mom but they still don't know where she is?
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2013, 10:28:45 PM »

Officials will share new information about missing Conway teen

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131205/NEWS07/131209571

Investigators Friday will share new details in the investigation for missing Conway teenager Abigail Hernandez who disappeared Oct. 9.

“There is additional information in the investigation that we want to pass on to the public,” Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane E. Young said Thursday.

She would not comment on the nature of the information.

“We are still actively investigating this case. I can confirm she has not been found,” Young said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2013, 01:26:12 AM »

The report about a call from Abby's cellphone at 6:30pm the day she went missing came from a reliable source IMO, but then the Associate Attorney General said they didn't have that information...and eventually the FBI spokesman also gave a different scenario as to what may have been going on with her phone...other than her making a call.  He basically wrote off the 6:30pm activity imo by stating that there was nothing further from her phone after 3:07pm and goes further with reasons a phone would stop pinging...one of them as in being destroyed.  I'm not the only one who wondered about this...I've read many comments about it on FB.  I don't think the Fish & Game officer made up the 6:30pm cellphone use.  So did Abby make a call or not? 

It will be interesting imo to see when and how Abby contacted her mom after her disappearance.

The first reports were that Abby made it home too.  But then that changed to they didn't think she had made it home.

I know we can't have all the information in an active investigation, but the back and forth in this case has been very frustrating for me.  And I've found a few other things odd as well, some I've mentioned and some I haven't.  I really hope Abby comes home safely, and I'm sad to say that my frustration level has kept me from following everything in this case as closely as I had in the beginning.

With the news that Abby had contacted her mom, I went back and gathered some posts about the cellphone usage reported...and then discredited.  It may not have anything to do with the actual contact...but who knows?

http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20131013/NEWS07/131019694&template=printart

Officials: Missing Conway teen's cell phone last used Wednesday near Cranmore Mountain Resort

Missing teenager Abigail Hernandez's cell phone was last used at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, the day she disappeared after walking home from Kennett High School.
BY LARISSA MULKERN
Special to the Union Leader
CONWAY -- Missing teenager Abigail Hernandez's cell phone was last used at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, the day she disappeared after walking home from Kennett High School, officials said.
According to officials, the call was made in the vicinity of Cranmore Mountain Resort. Her cell phone "hasn't been used since," said Major Kevin Jordan of the NH Fish and Game Law Enforcement Division on Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/NHLEFB/posts/549985368408536

New Hampshire's Law Enforcement · 8,711 like this
41 minutes ago ·

UPDATE: New information has been released in the disappearance of 15-year old Abigail Hernandez.

According to reports, Abigail was last seen on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 at approximately 2:30pm leaving Kennett High School in Conway, NH on foot. Investigators have now released that Abigail's cell phone was last used the day she went missing at 6:30pm in the vicinity of Cranmore Mountain Resort in Conway, NH.

Anyone with information on Abigail's whereabouts is asked to call either the Conway Police Department at 603-356-5715 or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=20568060

Missing Teen's Last Phone Call Tracked to Ski Resort
By MICHELE McCPHEE    Oct 14, 2013, 3:12 PM

The last time the cellphone belonging to missing New Hampshire teenager Abigail Hernandez was used was on the day she disappeared and it was about two miles from her home, investigators said today.

The call was tracked to a spot near Cranmore Mountain, a ski resort near the missing girl's Village Way home, said Major Kevin Jordan of the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department. It was the last call made from the girl's cell phone, he said.

"In my mind, this is still a missing person's case,'' Jordan told reporters last night at a news conference outside the Conway Police headquarters.

The missing girl's mother, Zenya Hernandez, pleaded for information about her daughter during a press conference on Saturday, which was Abi's 15th birthday. Through tears, the mom asked any of her friends to come forward with information about the disappearance or changes in her daughter's behavior.

Law enforcement sources told ABC News that Hernandez had befriended an older boy on Facebook and had a high school boyfriend. The FBI's Rapid Child Abduction Deployment Unit is orchestrating the search efforts, which have been conducted by air, on the ground, and in the nearby Sacco River by police from multiple law enforcement agencies.

"We are still relying on tips,'' FBI Agent Kiernan Ramsey, a supervisor assigned to the New Hampshire field office said on day five of the search Sunday night. Ramsey said tips have come from as far away as Texas, but no none have panned out.

The teen was last seen leaving her high school around 2:30 pm Wednesday. A police dog tracked her scent to her home, not far from the famed North Conway outlet mall, investigators said. Her cell phone has not been used since Wednesday night, officials said.

Associate Attorney General Jane Young says investigators do not have information about a call made from Abby's phone the evening she disappeared, contrary to earlier published reports.
by Kirk Enstrom/Staff 5:06 PM

Fish and Game said they've found no new additional leads after another day of searching.
by Kirk Enstrom/Staff 5:05 PM

Fish and Game said they expanded their search today in Conway and North Conway, including Pudding Pond.

Investigators say there is no new news to report in the search for Abigail Hernandez.

@Nicole: The next news conference is scheduled for around 6pm. We'll show it live on the here and here on wmur.com
by David Hurlburt/WMUR Staff 4:53 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Authorities_search_for_missing_Conway_girl#ixzz2hpcEuu3O

http://scribblelive.mobi/Event/Authorities_search_for_missing_Conway_girl?Theme=2239&lang=en

A quick recap from tonight's news conference:

- Authorities said they have no new info to release about the disappearance of 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez.

- Fish and Game officers said they didn't find any leads today, despite an expanded ground search near a pond near her home. They are planning more searches tomorrow with K-9 units.

- Abby's family stood with authorities at the news conference. A family friend spoke to ask Abby to come home. She said the family loves Abby and is incredibly sad she is missing.

- Also, Associate General Jane Young said that despite printed reports of a cell phone call made near Cranmore Mountain on the night Abby went missing, that's not true. Authorities have no evidence of a phone call being made. She would not comment on whether Abby's phone is missing.
by Trent Spiner/WMUR Staff 5:16 PM

Associate Attorney General Jane Young says investigators do not have information about a call made from Abby's phone the evening she disappeared, contrary to earlier published reports.
by Kirk Enstrom/Staff 5:06 PM

On Nancy Grace it was stated that Abby's mom got home from her nursing job at 7pm the night she discovered Abby missing.

It was also stated that although the 6:30pm call didn't happen, there was a backup ping from her phone on a cell tower, Nancy said that information had just been released to them tonight.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14782.msg1578372#msg1578372

GRACE: Yes, they tossed that though. I just found out Michael, right, as we went to air tonight that that cell phone call that we were putting a lot of credence in -- the cell phone call we thought she made that night around 6:30 p.m. -- she didn`t make it. All we`ve got now is that back-up ping off one of the cell phone towers -- they just released that to us tonight. Hold on -- out to the phones. Evan in Kentucky, hi, Evan, what`s your question?

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/residents-feel-helpless-as-search-for-missing-girl-continues/-/9857858/22467982/-/14heveez/-/index.html

Investigators search for missing girl's cellphone
Police say phone lost contact with network afternoon girl disappeared
UPDATED 6:27 PM EDT Oct 16, 2013

CONWAY, N.H. —Investigators searching for a missing North Conway girl said they are looking for the cellphone she was using the day she disappeared.

Abigail Hernandez, 15, was last seen on Sept. 9 when she left Kennett High School. Officials said she left the school about 2:29 p.m. to walk home.

Associate Attorney General Jane Young said officials are looking for Abigail's white iPhone 5. According to Police Chief Edward Wagner, Abigail was using her phone to text with a friend from 2:23 to 2:53 p.m. The last contact with the cellphone on the cellular network was at 3:07 p.m. on the west side of Cranmore Mountain, police said.

Young said the 16-gigabyte cellphone had a pink and gray case. She urged businesses to check lost-and-found boxes to see if it had been turned in.

Police said there were multiple unconfirmed reports of seeing Abigail walking on North-South Road in North Conway between the rotary and Settlers Green.

Jimmy Campbell, Abigail's boyfriend's father, said she and his son texted each other constantly. The last text his son got from her was at 2:50 p.m. the day she disappeared. It was a heart.

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Raw-video-Update-on-search-for-missing-girl/-/9857858/22476684/-/pin4qr/-/index.html

Abigail Hernandez Timeline, October 9, 2013.

Abigail attended school that day.

2:29pm - Abigail is seen leaving school wearing black leggings, black boots, and a dark colored striped sweater walking through the field hockey field down Eagles Way to the powerline trail.

2:30-2:35pm - Abigail is seen walking on the powerline trail from Eagles Way.

2:23-2:53pm - A series of text messages between Abigail and a friend classmate. (who continues to be cooperative per the FBI spokesman)

2:53pm - Last text is sent by Abigail to same friend.

3:07pm - Last known contact between the cell phone and the cellular network was on West Side of Cranmore Mountain.

2:40-3:30pm - Multiple unconfirmed reports of an individual matching Abigail's description walking on North-South Highway between Rotary and Settlers Green entry.

Abigail has previously walked home from school - despite previous reporting, no confirmation that she ever made it to her home on October 9, 2013.

Abigail's previous after-school travel pattern confirmed via interviews of friends and security cameras along that same route between Kennett High School and her residence.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131017/NEWS07/131019402

October 17. 2013 4:53PM
$20,000 reward offered for info in Abigail's disappearance

By DAN SEUFERT
Union Leader Correspondent

Investigators Wednesday asked area residents and businesses to help find the girl's cell phone, a white iPhone in a pink case, which last made contact with a cell tower on Cranmore Mountain at 3:07 p.m.

That contact, Ramsey said, was not a phone call, but was likely the iPhone updating or sending some other data. The iPhone is known to frequently exchange data with a tower, he said, without any actions by its owner.

There were no further data exchanges between the phone and the tower after 3:07 p.m., Ramsey said Thursday.

"Was the phone powered off, or did the battery die, we're not sure," Ramsey said.

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »

Abigail Hernandez’s mother received letter from her missing daughter; officials call it a ‘critical lead’By Martin Finucane / Globe Staff / December 6, 2013

The mother of missing New Hampshire teenager Abigail Hernandez received a letter from her last month, two weeks after Hernandez disappeared, that has provided a “critical lead” in the case, law enforcement officials revealed today.

While they released few details about the letter, the officials urged the public to be vigilant for new faces in the community. “Look at your neighbor. Look at the grocery store. Look at your church. Is there someone ... you haven’t seen before?” said Associate New Hampshire Attorney General Jane Young.

“We are concerned for her safety. She is not out there alone,” Young said

Hernandez went missing Oct. 9 after leaving Kennett High School in Conway. The letter was dated Oct. 22 and postmarked Oct. 23, but not received by the mother until Nov. 6, who turned it over to authorities that day, Young said.

Young said that the letter had been examined by experts and determined to be authentic. She said it was written in “a tone that Abby would have used” but released no other details about it. Young also had no explanation for why it took so long for the letter to arrive.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/12/06/abigail-hernandez-mother-received-letter-from-her-missing-daughter-officials-call-critical-lead/8kxNIUNVDQFoWOKMWPqXhL/story.html
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2013, 02:46:37 PM »

Thanks Samantha!   

Interesting...hmmmm

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2013, 03:18:54 PM »

Thanks Samantha!   

Interesting...hmmmm

I looked at the timing of her letters to her parents' letters.. The fathers was 11/4 and the moms was 11/22. 

First thought was that the moms letter was going to be closer in time to hers but when i checked it was a couple weeks out. Dads letter was a couple days befo the mother received her but while Abigail's letter was in transit.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2013, 06:20:35 PM »

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/06/new-details-expected-in-search-for-missing-nh-teenager/

Police also released photos of a necklace and a handbag that she may have been carrying the day she went missing.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=394817857318416&set=np.417804832.888200111&type=1

Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez

This is a photo of the purse and necklace that Abby has. (Thanks, Holly).
16 minutes ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2013, 06:24:03 PM »

Thanks Samantha!   

Interesting...hmmmm

I looked at the timing of her letters to her parents' letters.. The fathers was 11/4 and the moms was 11/22. 

First thought was that the moms letter was going to be closer in time to hers but when i checked it was a couple weeks out. Dads letter was a couple days befo the mother received her but while Abigail's letter was in transit.

Thank you, that's one of the things I was thinking about today but hadn't looked into yet.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2013, 09:49:55 AM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131207/NEWS07/131209495

December 06. 2013 8:22PM
Missing Conway teenager remains in 'grave' danger

By KATHRYN MARCHOCKI
New Hampshire Union Leader

CONCORD — A letter investigators believe Conway teen Abigail Hernandez wrote her mother is a key piece of evidence that first gave law enforcers hope, but so far has not led them any closer to locating the missing 15-year-old who they say is in "grave" danger.

"We are concerned for her safety. She is not alone out there. She has someone out there helping her," New Hampshire Associate Attorney General Jane E. Young said Friday of the Kennett High School freshman who disappeared Oct. 9.

She warned any "good samaritan" against harboring the teen in a misguided attempt to help her and appealed again to the public to contact police if they notice a teenaged girl living among them recently.

"Look at your neighbors. Look at your grocery store. Look at your church. Is there somebody who you haven't seen before? We need your help and we need the public's help to be vigilant," Young said at a press briefing held at the Attorney General's office in Concord with Abigail's mother, Zenya, and older sister, Sarah, by her side.

Noting the 15-year-old has no independent financial means, FBI Special Agent Kieran Ramsey said "our worst fear right now is that, though she could have left willingly, someone may now be coercing her or someone may be manipulating her."

The letter was dated Oct. 22, postmarked Oct 23 and received by Abigail's mother in Conway on Nov. 6, She brought it to investigators' attention that day, Young said.

Investigators did not initially disclose the letter because they first needed to run tests on it — including DNA testing, handwriting and fingerprint analysis, — to confirm its authenticity, she said.

"We believe, in fact, it was written by Abigail and it was sent to her mother," Young said. "This was a critical lead...It was one of the most tangible leads we've had in the investigation."

She would not say where the letter had been postmarked, what it said or whether it was written by hand. She noted "the tone" of the letter is consistent with one Abby uses. They also said they have accounted for the delay in the letter being postmarked and Abigail's mother receiving it, but would not disclose it.

After running down all leads the letter offered, investigators hit "a brick wall," Ramsey said. As word of the letter become known in the community and among the media, law enforcers called a media conference today to confirm its existence and dispel rumors, he said.

Photographs of a necklace with a blue-stone that Abigail often wore and had sentimental value to her also was displayed. A photo of a white purse with a brown leather-like shoulder strap and trim also was shown. Authorities said Abigail often carried the purse and it may have been inside a larger bag she is seen holding in pictures distributed since she disappeared.

Conway Police Chief Edward K. Wagner urged the public to report anything they know or saw or see to police immediately, noting several pieces of information did not come to police attention until several weeks after Abigail disappeared. He said that all information is essential no matter how insignificant it may seem or whether one would suspect police already know about it.

Asked whether Abigail has run away before, Young said "that is not a characteristic that we have seen before."

Ramsey could not say if investigators believe Abigail is in the area. But he noted the recent Cleveland, Ohio, case in which three women kidnapped as teens escaped after a decade in captivity. All were found within 25 miles of where they lived, he said.

kmarchocki@unionleader.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2013, 10:21:26 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1399261820312739&id=100006868020962

Ruben Hernandez
November 21

Dear Governor Hassan,

My name is Ruben Hernandez, and I am Abigail's father. I would like to thank you for posting Abby's Missing Person information on your Facebook page, and for keeping it there for as long as you have. I would also like to thank the Law Enforcement agencies, as well as all the other agencies for their hard work and dedication in trying to find Abby. I am amazed at how quickly they all went into action, the day after she went missing. My gratitude extends to everybody who spent his or her time and resources to the effort.

I could not be more grateful for all of the hard work in trying to find Abby, but there still remains something very important, and possibly very effective that can be done. And that is to issue an AMBER Alert. I have been getting resistance from Law Enforcement in trying to get them to issue the alert, for reasons that I and many others cannot comprehend. The resistance is as follows:

According to FBI Special Agent Kieran Ramsey:
“We don’t have any piece of evidence describing an individual or a vehicle,”

Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young stated:
“It doesn’t meet the Amber Alert rule at all; we don’t have any direction like that to go in at all”.

Daymond Steer of the Conway Daily Sun wrote in the Friday November 8 Edition on page 8:
“Conway Police Lieutenant Chris Perley said that he didn’t think that an Amber Alert system would be effective at this point.”

I do not understand what the Lieutenant meant by his statement. At what point would an AMBER Alert system not be effective when any child goes missing for whatever reason?

On page 3 of the Tuesday November 19 Conway Daily Sun, Daymond Steer quoted Lieutenant Perley:
“People should also remember that law enforcement and community members are doing their best to bring Hernandez home safely.”

“If something tragic happens in our community, kids should feel confident knowing that the police department will do anything and everything, spare no expense and leave no stone unturned to find you.”

I am very grateful to the Lieutenant for his statement, as well as his time and efforts, but there still remains a very big stone left unturned.

Abby did not vanish into thin air, nor did she just walk away. Although it appears that she had walked home on numerous occasions instead of taking the school bus home, like she was supposed to be doing. But that's a topic for a later discussion.

Maybe they don’t have any “piece of evidence describing an individual, or a vehicle”, as Agent Ramsey stated, but think about it; there had to be.

Union Leader Correspondent Dan Seufert wrote in the November 6 article “Father of Abigail Hernandez makes plea for Amber Alert”:

“Ruben Hernandez issued a statement Wednesday saying that by his reading of federal law, law enforcement should use a section of the federal law for Amber Alerts that says ‘each case must be appraised on its own merits and a judgment call made quickly’.”

He quoted me as saying:
“Abby’s disappearance has met most of the ‘recommended’ criteria,”
“Since we are now approaching a month since she went missing I am urging law enforcement to take action, and issue the Amber Alert,” he wrote. “I strongly feel the it is well past time for law enforcement to use its ‘best judgment’ and make the call.”

He also wrote:
“But investigators say they are going by New Hampshire’s Amber Alert law, which has strict criteria. One requires that authorities have enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspect’s vehicle to believe an immediate alert will help.”
“Authorities don’t have any details suggesting an abductor or a car involved.”

If I understand this correctly it appears that since the Investigators are going by New Hampshire’s Amber law that they are assuming that Abby is still in the State. We do not know if that’s the case.

We must consider the possibility that just because an abductor cannot be identified doesn’t mean that one did not occur. And that abductors can always change vehicles.

The argument has been that Abby does not meet the AMBER Alert criteria. But the guideline clearly states that the criteria are “recommendations”.

It's well past time to consider the possibility that Abby is in grave danger, and desperately needs our help. It’s time to do as Lieutenant Perley said:”anything and everything, spare no expense.”

Abby’s life could depend on it.

So I am making my appeal to you. Please Governor Hassan, I am pleading with you to urge law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ruben Hernandez

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2013, 10:27:29 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1393131420925779&id=100006868020962

Ruben Hernandez
November 6

The U.S. Department of Justice - Office of Justice Programs

Guidelines for Issuing AMBER Alerts:

“Every successful AMBER plan contains clearly defined activation criteria. The following guidance is designed to achieve a uniform, interoperable network of plans across the country, and to minimize potentially deadly delays because of confusion among varying jurisdictions. The following are criteria recommendations:”

“AMBER plans require law enforcement to confirm an abduction prior to issuing an alert.”

IN SOME CASES ABDUCTIONS CANNOT ALWAYS BE CONFIRMED. THIS COULD BE ONE OF THOSE CASES.

“Clearly, stranger abductions are the most dangerous for children and thus are primary to the mission of an AMBER Alert.”

“To allow activations in the absence of significant information that an abduction has occurred could lead to abuse of the system and ultimately weaken its effectiveness.”

WHEN IT COMES TO ANY MISSING CHILD THERE CAN BE NO “ABUSE OF THE SYSTEM”. THEREFORE IT'S “EFFECTIVENESS” CANNOT BE WEAKENED.

“At the same time, each case must be appraised on its own merits and a judgment call made quickly.”

UNLESS THE FBI HAS INFORMATION THAT WOULD INDICATE THAT ABBY HAS NOT BEEN ABDUCTED, THEN IT’S TIME TO MAKE THAT “JUDGMENT CALL”.

“Law enforcement must understand that a “best judgment” approach, based on the evidence, is appropriate and necessary.”

I STRONGLY FEEL THAT IT IS WELL PAST TIME FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE IS “BEST JUDGMENT” AND MAKE THE CALL.

“Plans require a child be at risk for serious bodily harm or death before an alert can be
issued.”

WHEN A 15 YEAR OLD GIRL GOES MISSING FOR ALMOST A MONTH WITH NO SIGN OF HER, THEN THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY THAT SHE COULD “BE AT RISK FOR SERIOUS BODILY HARM OR DEATH”.

Summary of Department of Justice Recommended Criteria:

●There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.

●The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger or serious injury or death.

●There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.

●The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.

●The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

ABBY’S DISAPPEARANCE HAS MET MOST OF THE “RECOMMENDED” CRITERIA. SINCE WE ARE NOW APPROACHING A MONTH SINCE SHE WENT MISSING I AM URGING LAW ENFORCEMENT TO TAKE ACTION, AND ISSUE THE AMBER ALERT.

Ruben Hernandez

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2013, 10:56:48 AM »

Abigail Hernandez’s mother received letter from her missing daughter; officials call it a ‘critical lead’By Martin Finucane / Globe Staff / December 6, 2013

The mother of missing New Hampshire teenager Abigail Hernandez received a letter from her last month, two weeks after Hernandez disappeared, that has provided a “critical lead” in the case, law enforcement officials revealed today.

While they released few details about the letter, the officials urged the public to be vigilant for new faces in the community. “Look at your neighbor. Look at the grocery store. Look at your church. Is there someone ... you haven’t seen before?” said Associate New Hampshire Attorney General Jane Young.

Hernandez went missing Oct. 9 after leaving Kennett High School in Conway. The letter was dated Oct. 22 and postmarked Oct. 23, but not received by the mother until Nov. 6, who turned it over to authorities that day, Young said.

Young said that the letter had been examined by experts and determined to be authentic. She said it was written in “a tone that Abby would have used” but released no other details about it. Young also had no explanation for why it took so long for the letter to arrive.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/12/06/abigail-hernandez-mother-received-letter-from-her-missing-daughter-officials-call-critical-lead/8kxNIUNVDQFoWOKMWPqXhL/story.html

Letter Mother Received from Missing New Hampshire Teen Abigail Hernandez Appears to be Genuine … Teen Disappeared on 10/9/13, Letter written on 10/22 & Postmarked on 10/23

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/12/07/letter-mither-received-from-missing-new-hampshire-teen-abigail-hernandez-appears-to-be-genuine-teen-disappeared-on-10913-letter-written-on-1022-postmarked-on-1023/

The letter was written on October 22, and postmarked on October 23, according to Young, and it was turned over to authorities for investigation after Zenya Hernandez received it nearly two weeks after it was postmarked.
“When we received this letter I will tell you it was unprecedented. We have not seen anything like that in recent times in other investigations, but most importantly, it gave us hope,” FBI Special Agent Kieran Ramsey said at the news conference.

I wonder where the letter was postmarked from? It was received 2 weeks after the postmark date.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2013, 11:10:39 AM »

I could be wrong, but I'm still highly suspicious of Abby's dad.  Maybe law enforcement asked him to stay behind the scenes in the beginning, and has instructed his activities since he finally did come out with that letter to Abby almost a month after her disappearance?  That's the only acceptable reason I can think of for the lack of action, and his manner of actions once he did finally speak out.  Would they do that? 

What I gather from his postings on FB (reading between the lines), is criticism of LE for the lack of an Amber Alert, and criticism of Zenya however subtle.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1399261820312739&id=100006868020962

Abby did not vanish into thin air, nor did she just walk away. Although it appears that she had walked home on numerous occasions instead of taking the school bus home, like she was supposed to be doing. But that's a topic for a later discussion.

My thinking is, IF LE is not instructing his activities; an Amber Alert was not issued, his daughter has been missing for two months now, there are many other ways to get Abby's face to a national audience if that is truly his concern...and he could be instrumental in doing that...but he would have to come out of hiding.  Two months into Abby's disappearance and we don't really even know who he is...what he looks like...where he is...WHY IS HE HIDING? 

Is he looking for Abby?

JMO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2013, 11:15:14 AM »

Letter Mother Received from Missing New Hampshire Teen Abigail Hernandez Appears to be Genuine … Teen Disappeared on 10/9/13, Letter written on 10/22 & Postmarked on 10/23

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/12/07/letter-mither-received-from-missing-new-hampshire-teen-abigail-hernandez-appears-to-be-genuine-teen-disappeared-on-10913-letter-written-on-1022-postmarked-on-1023/

The letter was written on October 22, and postmarked on October 23, according to Young, and it was turned over to authorities for investigation after Zenya Hernandez received it nearly two weeks after it was postmarked.
“When we received this letter I will tell you it was unprecedented. We have not seen anything like that in recent times in other investigations, but most importantly, it gave us hope,” FBI Special Agent Kieran Ramsey said at the news conference.

I wonder where the letter was postmarked from? It was received 2 weeks after the postmark date.

I wonder about that too, Red.

Apparently they know...but haven't released that information.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131207/NEWS07/131209495

They also said they have accounted for the delay in the letter being postmarked and Abigail's mother receiving it, but would not disclose it.

Ramsey could not say if investigators believe Abigail is in the area. But he noted the recent Cleveland, Ohio, case in which three women kidnapped as teens escaped after a decade in captivity. All were found within 25 miles of where they lived, he said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2013, 12:46:39 PM »

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/national/2013/12/cops_nh_teen_missing_2_months_wrote_letter_to_mom

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said the delay may have been caused by the letter going to a post office box and not the Hernandez house.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2013, 01:51:46 PM »

about the letters being overdue/late, it could be as simple as one #
wrong in the zip code,or no zip code so my mail courier cuz tells me
the letters gives hope she is alive,somewhere and can be found soon
since Abigail Hernandez does not meet amber alert, all you can do is keep
her face in the news and everywhere, to keep people looking

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2013, 03:18:29 PM »

Video of the Press Conference

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Raw-Video-New-updates-in-search-for-Abigail-Hernandez/-/9857858/23355284/-/b7a1xa/-/index.html#ixzz2mp45r587

Raw Video: New updates in search for Abigail Hernandez
UPDATED 12:23 PM EST Dec 06, 2013

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2013, 08:08:22 PM »

Video of interview with Zenya Hernandez at the link:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24197154/zanya-hernandez-abby-will-come-home

Zanya Hernandez: Abby will come home

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 4:21 PM CST Updated: Dec 11, 2013 4:48 PM CST

North Conway, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) – New Hampshire teen Abigail Hernandez has been missing since Oct. 9. Her mother, Zanya Hernandez, sat with FOX25 Anchor Maria Stephanos Wednesday to discuss the search for her daughter.

Almost two months have passed since the teen was last seen in North Conway, N.H. She vanished after leaving Kennett High School around 2:30 p.m., walked along Eagles Way and was last seen taking a short cut through a power line trail.

The missing teen has not contacted her loved ones since writing the letter, but Zanya Hernandez is still hopeful that her daughter is alive.

On Wednesday she told Stephanos that both she and law enforcement officials need the public's help in finding her daughter. She wants her daughter to know that she loves her; she will never lose hope and will never stop looking.

Zanya said she did not expect to receive the letter. She went through her mail and was in "disbelief" when she discovered her daughter's letter.

"I don't even know what I thought. I was just exhilarated, because I was like, obviously at some point she wrote the letter," she said.

Stephanos asked her if she recognized the handwriting right away.

"It's a tough question," she said.

When asked if she thinks her daughter is okay, Zanya said, "I pray that she is."

She wanted the public to know that her daughter was a good student, avid runner and animal lover.

"Abby is just this like wonderful caring, compassionate person," she said.

When asked what she thinks happened to her daughter, Zanya said she didn't know.

"That's the question, I don't know," she said.

She said that her daughter did not have a history of disappearing, and that she had "never run away before."

Her father misses her as well, Zanya said, he does not live in New Hampshire.

Zanya took a moment to address her daughter and said "Abby, I love you. I hope to see you soon, I really do. And I hope that you hear this, and I will continue looking."

She also thanked the public and said, "I think together we can do this, and Abby will come home."

Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call: 1-800-CALL-FBI.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24197154/zanya-hernandez-abby-will-come-home#ixzz2nDdW3WoC

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.