April 23, 2024, 02:48:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 Year Old Abigail Hernandez Missing Since 10/9/13 in Conway, NH  (Read 173216 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2014, 11:22:27 PM »

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new-hampshire/2014/07/21/missing-teen-reunited-with-family/b9Z9VG4Ef8hamLM10VzdyN/story.html
Missing N.H. Teen Reunited with Family
July 21, 2014

Abigail Hernandez, the New Hampshire teen who went missing nine months ago, has been found and was reunited with her family on July 20.

New Hampshire Disctrict Attorney Joseph A. Foster reported in a press release that Hernandez is home safe, and that details of her disappearance are being investigated.

In December, Hernandez wrote a letter home to her mother. It remains unclear how she disappeared and where she has been since October, 2013

Amazing news after all this time. I am pleasantly surprised. After a certain amount of time you figure that there would be no happy outcome. Never so glad to be proved wrong.

Hopefully this family can get back to some normalcy.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/07/21/abigail-hernandez-who-went-missing-on-10913-in-conway-new-hampshire-has-been-found-alive/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2014, 02:31:04 AM »

WOW

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2014, 11:20:29 AM »

WOW

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2014, 07:21:01 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/TheConwayDailySun/posts/10152554162772232

The Conway Daily Sun
2 hours ago · Edited

Police are wondering if anyone saw Abby or a woman wearing these clothes and carrying this bag on the North South Road between 10 and 10:30 p.m. Sunday night. If so, call Conway Police at (603) 356-5715 or
State Police at 271-3636.

The facts and circumstances regarding the disappearance of Abigail Hernandez remains on-going. Investigators continue to conduct interviews and review videotape surveillance from the businesses in the area surrounding the Hernandez home in order to gain answers to the many questions surrounding the disappearance and return of Abigail. The police are asking that if anyone saw Abigail Hernandez or a female wearing the clothing and drawstring bag in the attached photos in the area of North South Road, Sunday evening between 10:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. to contact the State Police at (603) 271-3636 or the Conway police at (603) 356-5715.

While law enforcement officials are seeking answers to their many questions regarding the circumstances of Abigail’s disappearance on October 9, 2013, at the time of her disappearance Abigail was 14 years of age and had no known means to facilitate her disappearance or provide herself with shelter, meals and other necessities over the ensuing nine months. Should the investigation reveal evidence that a person or persons were involved with Abigail’s disappearance and/or detainment or concealment, then the appropriate criminal charge(s) will be brought. Until such time that law enforcement officials have a comprehensive understanding of the facts surrounding Abigail’s disappearance and nine month absence, there will be no further press briefings.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2014, 05:51:02 PM »

Sketch released in Abby Hernandez case
Published On: Jul 24 2014 05:08:01 PM EDT
Updated On: Jul 24 2014 05:20:54 PM EDT

CONCORD, N.H. -
Officials have released a sketch of a man they say drove a teenager away from Conway in October, prompting a massive search before she returned home this weekend.

The Attorney General's Office said the man drove Abby Hernandez, then 14, away from Conway on Oct. 9. They said he was driving a navy blue pickup truck on North South Road between 2:20 and 3 p.m. that day.

Officials said Abby described the man as having darkish skin, dark brown eyes, black stubble facial hair and a large build. They said he was slightly overweight and slightly taller than she was, at 5 feet 4 inches tall.

http://m.wmur.com/news/sketch-released-in-abby-hernandez-case/27135036
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2014, 05:53:52 PM »

Police Release Sketch In Disappearance Of NH Teen Abigail Hernandez
July 24, 2014 5:26 PM

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/07/24/sketch-released-in-abby-hernandez-case/
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: July 25, 2014, 03:12:46 AM »

wow great news    

i bet her captor is freaking out, i know horrible, but maybe he will
do a  Ariel Castro, b4 hes busted save the victim from reliving her
ordeal in court and him getting satisfaction from reliving/testimony 

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: July 25, 2014, 12:06:37 PM »

I'm thankful Abby is home safe and sound.  And I hope LE is able to get satisfactory answers to all of the questions surrounding Abby's disappearance.

Isn't it a little disconcerting that after this many days LE still doesn't KNOW if she went willingly or not?

http://www.wmur.com/news/sketch-released-in-abby-hernandez-case/27135036#ixzz38TyWwXRm

The attorney general's office said the man drove Abby Hernandez, then 14, away from Conway on Oct. 9. They said he was driving a navy blue pickup truck on North South Road between 2:20 p.m. and 3 p.m. that day.

The pictures of the clothes don't look like clothes that she wore for nine months imo.  And if she was abducted, wouldn't an abductor want to get rid the "last seen in" clothes and backpack?

The sketch looks like it could be Bobby from King of the Hill, except I don't think his skin would be considered darkish!   

http://www.wmur.com/news/sketch-released-in-abby-hernandez-case/27135036#ixzz38U07bGpg

Authorities said they are still trying to determine whether Abby was taken against her will or whether someone enticed her away, detained her or concealed her whereabouts. They said she had no known means of facilitating her disappearance on her own or providing food and other necessities for herself.

Officials said it's a felony for anyone to take or entice away any child under the age of 18 who's not related by blood.

JMO.  I'm probably wrong but Abby's dad is still on my radar.  Maybe it's just because I don't know the whole story, because what I do know just seems odd.  In nine months of Abby being "missing", we never saw his face.  We saw Zenya and Sarah many times, but not him.  After almost seven months he matched the reward offered by the FBI and Zenya, it always irritated me that the amounts offered by each of them was stated repeatedly in the Facebook posts...why?  He also announced through one of his Facebook letters to Abby that he'd asked Zenya for full custody of her.  If he really thought Abby ran away because of her home life, why would she run away if she could have come to him for help?  His Facebook letters to Abby, they just gave me a creepy feeling about him; I don't know why.  I've thought about it many times, IF he orchestrated this...why?  Not knowing the history between him and Zenya and if there were any control issues after they separated or the usual power struggles over the children and the fact that it appears they have been apart quite a while I've wondered about other possibilities.  One that came to mind, Abby's boyfriend?  From the public posts on his Facebook profile, Jimmy seems to have moved on with a new girlfriend around the first of June. 

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/115417-abby-s-return-remains-a-mystery

Abby's ex-boyfriend told WMUR that this ordeal has been "horrible" because he wondered what happened to her. He's glad she's home, WMUR reported.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: July 25, 2014, 12:09:40 PM »

Abby's dad is a POI imo too.  Are he and Zenya divorced?  The references I've seen make me think not.  If not, and there is no custody ruling...could he take Abby without any consequences?  Zenya has stated that Abby was supposed to ride the bus that day, and she doesn't know why she didn't.  Would she have gone with him willingly?  Even if she didn't go willingly, if he took her maybe he was trying to pave a way with that letter for him to return her if she'll agree to say she ran away and contacted him?  I really hope IF he's involved it's that kind of scenario, that could lead to Abby coming home safely...

I'll admit his taking the run away angle in the letter to Abby when Zenya says she's never ran away made me think of Mark Redwine immediately!  Abby seems like an intelligent girl, does her father really think she would run away without a jacket or the means to survive without anyone having a clue that she was that unhappy?  Or has he done something, that he thinks he's getting away with and has come out from under his rock to try to convince everyone that he's something he's not...and torment Zenya?  I have to wonder!  JMO

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131104/NEWS07/131109727/

Ruben Hernandez has not returned messages asking for comment. But his wife confirmed that to the best of her knowledge, he posted the message.

"That was his writing, those are his pictures," Zenya Hernandez said.

Zenya Hernandez confirmed that her husband has two homes, one in the Conway area. When asked where his second home is and the status of their relationship, Zenya said, "I can't talk about that part."

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109589-rich-gray-comments-on-case-from-afar

Rich Gray, who has been in a relationship with Abigail's mother, Zenya Hernandez, for four years

He flew back to the ship by way of Bahrain on Oct. 3 and is scheduled to be gone for four months.

Bump

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: July 25, 2014, 04:36:42 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2706057/We-just-want-truth-Father-Abigail-Hernandezs-boyfriend-pleads-told-teenager-nine-months-reveals-moment-spared-ordeal.html

'We just want the truth': Father of Abigail Hernandez's boyfriend demands answers over where teenager was for nine months and reveals the moment she could have been spared her ordeal

By Will Payne In North Conway, New Hampshire

Published: 14:48 EST, 25 July 2014 | Updated: 15:06 EST, 25 July 2014

The father of the boyfriend of Abigail Hernandez – who went missing for nine months before mysteriously reappearing – spoke of his deep frustration at not knowing where she has been, saying: 'We just want the truth'.

Jimmy Campbell, 15, was left heartbroken and confused when Abigail, his first love, disappeared while walking home from school on October 9 last year – just days before her 15th birthday.

He even started to blame himself because he spotted her, tried to get off the school bus to make sure she was alright, but was stopped by the driver.

That was the last time he laid eyes on her and he has spent the past nine months agonizing over where she is and whether she is alive or dead.

The only contact she had with any friends or family was a letter believed to have been sent by the schoolgirl to her divorced parents, Zenya and Ruben Hernandez, in the weeks after her disappearance.

Then on Sunday night, she suddenly reappeared in North Conway, New Hampshire, dressed in exactly the same clothes as she was wearing on the day she went missing.

She is back with her overjoyed mother Zenya, but there has been no contact between the Hernandez and Campbell families and all the questions of the past nine months still remain unanswered.

Yesterday authorities released a sketch of a man, provided to them by Abby, who they believe drove her away in a blue pick-up back in October.

On Friday, the District Attorney's office revealed that police had received 20 tips from members of the public, following the release of the sketch.

Despite conducting a three-hour interview with the teen, it is unclear whether they know where she was or if she was taken by force.

They have also appealed for witnesses who may have seen Abby return after she was apparently dropped off on the same road that she was possibly abducted from all those months ago.

Sources close to the investigation said the teenager has so far not been able to tell officers many facts about her disappearance.

But they are convinced a crime has been committed - as they believe there is no way the 15-year-old could have stayed hidden and remained healthy for nine months without some kind of adult involvement.

Prior to her disappearance, Abby spent almost everyday round at the Campbell’s house.

She grew incredibly close to Jimmy’s parents, James and Denise and in an exclusive interview with MailOnline, tow-truck driver James said there are still so many things surrounding the case that just don’t add up.

He said: 'It was not like her to run away, not the Abby I knew. She was with us just two days before she went missing. We went to a local fair together and she seemed great, absolutely excellent. I could just not understand it when she went missing.

'Now she’s back, apparently she looks fit and healthy. Well, I'm sorry; if you are on the streets for nine months you're not going to look healthy.

'I have instant messaged Abby’s mother Zenya, but we have not had any contact. All I want is the truth, I don’t care what happened, but I want to know who the sons of b*****s were who had her for nine months.'

He went on: 'When she went missing, I hurt. I was upset, I cared about her and I would wake up in the night hurting. I had to take time off work, my boss sent me home.

'My son Jimmy was so shocked on Monday when he heard she was back. He has been waiting for her to come home. He’s not been the same, because he has been angry and moody.

'They were together for almost a year. She was his first love, you have no idea how much he’s hurting. He’s only 15 and he is very confused.

'When she first went missing, he was out of school for a week. He was really cut up. He has a letter Abby had written him and he used to read it every night.

'He blamed himself for six months because he had seen her walking down the street the day she went missing and he was the last person to have contact with her.

'He had seen her at school. Everything was fine. They usually get the bus home together, but apparently she wanted to go to the store that day so she walked.

James added: 'After she disappeared, he waited for her, we told him if he had the chance, he had to move on.

‘He only got with his new girlfriend a month ago. He is very confused and very scared. He wants to know if she is alright, but the worst thing Abby could say to him is, "You weren’t too worried, you found someone else".'

Because Abby spent so much time with Jimmy round at the Campbell’s house, the family were questioned by FBI agents as a matter of course when she first disappeared.

But James says they took it much too far when they started treating him like a suspect and upsetting his family with a number of hurtful questions. He was even asked to take a lie detector test.

He explained: 'We allowed State Troopers to take my son out to the woods to go to places where they used to hang out so they could look for her when she first went missing.

'They took him twice. First time was fine, but the second time, they had the nerve to ask him, "do you think your dad could have had anything to do with this?". He just told them, "take me home right now".

'Then I found out my wife was upset. They had come to my house and started questioning her. Then they even asked my wife if they thought I had something to do with it and if Abby could be hidden under our trailer. Can you believe that?

'The FBI took me in and questioned me. They asked me all sorts of questions. They took all my paperwork from my tow-truck job, so they had proof of dates and times and where I was.

'We were getting madder because we felt they were wasting time when they could have been looking for her. They wouldn’t even put out an Amber Alert, because they said it didn't meet the protocol. Apparently they thought she could have possibly left on her own. In my mind, she's 14, she’s a girl, that's all that matters.

'Then they wanted me to do a lie detector test. I walked straight down to the state police barracks and told them to strap it on me right away. Of course I passed.

'I understand why they did what they did, they knew she spent everyday round at our house, so they had to rule us out, but they were incredibly disrespectful.'

One line of questioning James says the police were taking very seriously was whether Abby had left town because she had fallen pregnant.

Since her return, sources close to the investigation have told MailOnline that they do not believe Abby has had a baby.

James explained: 'The cops asked me if I knew whether Jimmy and Abby were having sex. I said, "If I knew I would have put a stop to it and if I caught them, I would put my foot in both their a***s". But, they are both kids and kids will be kids.

'Then they asked if I knew that they had been to Rite Aid and bought a pregnancy test. They said they had the video from the cash register.

'I asked my son and he said he knew nothing about it. He knows nothing about girl's stuff like that and I'll tell you, my son doesn’t lie to me.

'Then, about six months after Abby went missing, Zenya texted me asking If I knew If they were having sex. A few days ago she was asking for copies of Jimmy and Abby's texts on the day she disappeared. I have no idea why.'

James is convinced she would not have voluntarily got in a car with a man she didn't know.

'Before she disappeared I used to pick those two kids up, take them for food, give them rides. She was the only person in the world who could get away with calling me Jimbo, because she was so cute when she said it.'

James says his family are overjoyed Abby is home, but he feels the community, who invested so much time and effort into the search, deserve to know what happened.

'I understand the police want to keep the investigation hush hush to an extent, but they wanted our help when they were looking for her, so how about giving us some answers now?', he said.

'People are going to grill her when they see her on the street. School starts in a month. I think it needs to be out in the open now.

'From Jimmy’s perspective it is very tough. I don't know how many times I heard people say, "I wonder if the boyfriend did something". He is the sweetest kid, he doesn’t have a bad bone in his body.

'They just need to say something. The longer they wait, the worse it’s going to get.'

Abigail's mother has only made one public statement since Abby's return. She said the family were 'the happiest people on earth.'

Abigail is back with Zenya, who works as a nurse, and her elder sister Sarah in their apartment in a tree-lined complex on the edge of North Conway.

Zenya and her ex- husband Ruben apparently went through an unpleasant divorce a few years back.

The wealthy businessman, who is president of a firm called Structural Solutions inc, divides his time between New Hampshire and Texas and is said to own several properties across the US.

Locals say they rarely see Mr Hernandez, but he did put up $30,000 reward money for information leading to his daughter's safe return.

But despite Amanda and Paul’s message, many locals in North Conway feel the same as James Campbell and are still incredibly frustrated by the lack answers.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2014, 12:11:05 AM »

http://www.bringabbyhome.com/

Statement from the Hernandez Family – 7/25/2014

The Hernandez family expresses their deepest thanks to the community, law enforcement and media for their continued support.  The extent of our gratitude can hardly be expressed in words and we are beyond overjoyed about Abby’s return.

The last few days have been extremely busy while law enforcement and medical concerns have had to be addressed.  We are working in full support of law enforcement’s efforts to help the ongoing investigation.

Right now, Abby is resting, extremely tired and in deteriorated health, and has lost a lot of weight.  She is working to build her strength back and we hope soon she will be back on solid foods.

We appreciate people’s vigilance as they share the sketch photo that law enforcement has distributed and we hope that very soon this long, long ordeal can come to some closure.

At this time we are trying to focus on the peace and joy of the moment of Abby’s return.

Paul Kirsch and his family, who are close friends of the Hernandez family, had a chance to spend some time with Abby yesterday.  Paul noted that “We talked with Abby.  She is extremely thankful to God, to her community and to everyone who searched for her and she appreciates all of the positive support she has continues to receive.”

Amanda Smith, close friend of the family, has been able to spend time with Abby everyday since her return.

“Abby is very thin and weak. We continue to work towards getting her to eat. Abby has shown incredible courage thru this. She is beyond grateful to be home and is just relaxing, resting, trying to get her health back. Abby is forever thankful to everyone who offered help, support and prayers. I am incredibly proud of Abby for everything she has and continues to overcome in this ordeal.”

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2014, 01:58:04 AM »

wonder if it was a ransom kidnap, i think they are divorced, think i read it here

Zenya and her ex- husband Ruben apparently went through an unpleasant divorce a few years back.

The wealthy businessman, who is president of a firm called Structural Solutions inc, divides his time between New Hampshire and Texas and is said to own several properties across the US.

Locals say they rarely see Mr Hernandez, but he did put up $30,000 reward money for information leading to his daughter's safe return.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2706057/We-just-want-truth-Father-Abigail-Hernandezs-boyfriend-pleads-told-teenager-nine-months-reveals-moment-spared-ordeal.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2014, 10:20:53 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/27/investigators-have-number-unanswered-questions-in-disappearance-return-new/?intcmp=latestnews

Investigators have 'number' of unanswered questions in disappearance, return of New Hampshire teen

Published July 27, 2014
Associated Press

NORTH CONWAY, N.H. –  Since 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez returned home last week, her photo has been taken off the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's website. The missing-person posters that hung in her hometown for nine months are now scrawled with "Found." Her mother says she and her family are "the happiest people on earth."

But investigators are left with questions about how and why Abby vanished after leaving her high school in Conway on Oct. 9 and who may have helped conceal her for so long. Law enforcement officers have repeatedly asked for the public's help but have revealed very little.

Based on Abby's description, authorities released a sketch of the man she says drove her away last October year, but they're still trying to determine whether she went willingly or was coerced.

"We continue to say we have a number of questions we don't have answers to," Young said.

Young won't comment on Abby's degree of cooperation into the investigation.

At the request of colleagues at the Massachusetts-based Mission for the Missing organization, retired New Hampshire State Police Lt. John Healy examined letters and other written statements issued over the past nine months by Abby's parents, who live apart.

"In none of the letters did I detect any sense of fear or desperation," Healy said. "My sense is they strongly suspected she was gone voluntarily. Law enforcement obviously couldn't reach the same conclusion and say, `We're done with this."'
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2014, 02:22:55 PM »

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/18044/20140727/abigail-hernandez-story-update-formerly-missing-new-hampshire-teen-deteriorated.htm
Abigail Hernandez Story Update: Formerly-Missing New Hampshire Teen in 'Deteriorated Health'
July 27, 2014

A New Hampshire teenager returned home July 20 after disappearing for nine months, and now doctors and her family are concerned about her health. Law enforcement officials are still talking with the girl, Abigail Hernandez, and her family to understand the circumstances of her disappearance and subsequent return.
The Hernandez family told the Boston Globe that their daughter had lost a "considerable amount of weigh," and is trying to recuperate.
"Right now, Abby is resting, extremely tired and in deteriorated health, and has lost a lot of weight," they said in the statement. "She is working to build her strength back and we hope soon she will be back on solid foods."

Conway police have been speaking to Hernandez, 15, to try to piece together where she has been, but said she appeared "traumatized," making it difficult to discuss her nine-month absence. According to officials, Hernandez was abducted on Oct. 9 as she was walking home from school. She was driven away by a man "in his mid-forties" who appeared "slightly overweight and a little taller than 5-feet-4, with a large build, darkish skin, dark brown eyes, and black stubble on his face."
Police have not said this man is a suspect, but have reported they know his involvement in Hernandez's abduction and want to interview him.
"Our biggest challenge is we're dealing with incomplete information," Kieran Ramsey, assistant special agent in charge of the Boston Division of the FBI, said. "The victim in this case is a 15-year-old girl. It's not as cut and dried as people think that somebody can exactly recount what happened, when, and where."
Ramsey went on to say that there have been unusual aspects of the case throughout investigation. Two months after Abigail's disappearance, her mother Zenya received a letter from her daughter, the contents of which were not released.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2014, 04:36:57 PM »

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/26120934/what-happened-to-abby-hernandez

What happened to Abby Hernandez?

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 4:05 PM CST
Updated: Jul 26, 2014 4:38 PM CST
(FOX25 / MyFoxBoston) Ashley Troutman - bio | email

The case was treated as a missing person investigation from the start; authorities were searching by air, water and land for the girl, according to N.H. Senior Assistant District Attorney Jane Young. There was even a check point set up near the teen's high school to question drivers.

Investigators said early on that there was no evidence of abduction. Yet there was a $20,000 reward offered, which was eventually increased to $60,000 after a donation from Abby’s father. FOX 25's Bob Ward talked to the ranking FBI agent working the case, Kieran Ramsey, who does not believe that she willingly left.

"This is a 14-, now 15-year-old girl that had a lively social media presence, that was very actively engaged in talking to her mom, classmates, and her friends and everything stops at 3:07 that afternoon. To think she willingly left, on her own, and has stayed dark since then is an extensive commitment on the part of a 15-year-old girl," Ramsey said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2014, 01:07:23 PM »

Video at the link, includes first picture of Abby since her return (from behind).

http://www.today.com/news/mom-abigail-hernandez-teen-missing-9-months-she-did-not-1D79982787

Mom of Abigail Hernandez, teen missing 9 months: ‘She did not run away’
Scott Stump TODAY contributor

5 hours ago

The return of a 15-year-old New Hampshire girl who had been missing for nine months has brought more questions than answers and left her mother determined to find out who was responsible.

On July 21, Abigail Hernandez walked into her family's home, more than nine months after having vanished from outside her high school in Conway, New Hampshire, on Oct. 9. Police are now looking for a man connected with her disappearance, and the New Hampshire Office of the Attorney General has released a sketch of the man from a description provided by Abigail.

"I feel like they just took and ripped something out of our souls,'' Abigail's mother, Zenya Hernandez, told TODAY's Natalie Morales in an exclusive interview. "And just as I swore that I'd find her, I'll find the person. I'll find out what happened."

Police have questioned Abigail and Zenya consistently since her return but could not share extensive details about what may have happened to Abigail during her disappearance due to the ongoing investigation. Zenya is speaking out in order to dispel rumors about what may have happened to her daughter during her time away.

"The majority of people somehow believe that she was pregnant,'' Zenya said. "She was not. She did not run away. I firmly believe that. As for her knowing the individual, I firmly believe that she did not know the individual."

When Abigail returned home wearing what investigators believe are the same clothes she was wearing on the day she disappeared, her mother was shocked by her physical appearance.

"She was very thin,'' her mother said. "She lost a lot of weight, very pale. She had a look in her eyes I've never ever seen before, and that's something that's haunting me and I think will haunt me the rest of my life."

Both were overwhelmed with emotion after Abigail's return.

"It's a lot,'' Zenya said. "We're just taking it day by day. We just stood and looked at each other and then we hugged, and then I said, 'Thank God you're home, thank God you're home.''' 

"My gratitude is beyond words,'' Abigail said in a statement. "It's an incredible feeling to be home and I believe in my heart that your hopes and prayers played a major role in my release."

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2014, 04:15:11 PM »

Breaking News: Arrest Made in Abigail Hernandez Kidnapping Case
JULY 28, 2014 3:33 PM

Nathaniel E. Kibby, suspected kidnapper of New Hampshire teen Abigail Hernandez.

Nathaniel Kibby, 34, has been charged with “felony kidnapping for knowingly confining Abigail Hernandez on Oct. 9, 2013,” reported CBS Boston.

Kibby, of Gorham, N.H., was arrested shortly after noon on Monday at his home at 4 Brookside Drive, reported NECN. It is unclear if that is the location where Hernandez was held during the nine-month ordeal.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new-hampshire/2014/07/28/police-arrest-suspect-abigail-hernandez-kidnapping-case/bF3fbP3YBS4Fy9jefJvqBI/story.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2014, 04:16:16 PM »

Great news! 
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2014, 04:19:39 PM »

Police: Arrest made in Abigail Hernandez case
July 28, 2014, 3:26pm

Kibby will be arraigned Tuesday at 1 p.m. in Conway District Court, and police say there will be a press briefing following the arraignment.

Police are also asking anyone with information on Kibby and anything at his home since Oct. 9, 2013 to call New Hampshire State Police at 603-271-3636 or Conway Police at 603-356-5715.

http://www.necn.com/07/28/14/Police-Arrest-made-in-Abigail-Hernandez-/landing.html?blockID=869765&feedID=11106
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2014, 04:31:32 PM »

Great news! 

Glad the found him.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.