March 28, 2024, 05:13:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 Year Old Abigail Hernandez Missing Since 10/9/13 in Conway, NH  (Read 172703 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2015, 12:44:06 AM »

From the articles texasmom has posted, it appears Kibby is one evil, torturous jerk!  (And that's putting it mildly, because families read here...)   I read the descriptions of how he mistreated her, and it's not only the awful physical pain she must have suffered, but also the terrible mental pains she suffered and probably still struggles with today.      "...she suffered numerous acts of unspeakable violence".    

I wish Abigail and her family all the best and hope she and they are healing and recovering. 

Kibby needs to spend the rest of his life behind bars. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2015, 12:49:15 AM »

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/118755-ag-s-office-seeks-to-consolidate-kibby-trial

AG's office seeks to consolidate Kibby trial

Published Date: Friday, 23 January 2015 07:59

CONWAY – The New Hampshire Attorney General's Office filed a motion to have Nathaniel Kibby's kidnapping trial be held in one county court rather than two, or failing that, to at least have the trials in front of one judge who would preside in both counties.

Kibby, 34, of Gorham, allegedly kidnapped a girl, then 14, of Conway, in Conway on Oct. 9, 2013. She returned home on July 20. It's alleged that Kibby held her captive in Gorham. Kibby is being held on $1 million cash bail. In early January, Kibby pled not guilty to charges described in a total of 205 indictments.

Stacey Pawlik and Jane Young, of the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office, wrote the motion to consolidate the indictments and to have one judge assigned to the case. She explained why the AG's office sought the motion when indictments were made in Carroll and Coos County Superior Court.

"It is one continuous, on-going act that has occurred in both counties," states the motion. "All the other alleged acts occurred during the course of this kidnapping, either to facilitate the kidnapping, for example using a weapon on the victim to prevent her from escaping, or to prevent the discovery of the kidnapping by destroying the evidence or convincing the victim to remain quiet about the facts surrounding the kidnapping."

The prosecutors said they believe Kibby would not be prejudiced by consolidation.

The five indictments in Carroll County Superior Court accuse Kibby of kidnapping, robbery, criminal threatening, felonious use of a firearm and criminal use of an electronic defense weapon.

The 200 charges filed in Coos County Superior Court include 80 indictments for alleged aggravated felonious sexual assault; 80 indictments charging felonious sexual assault; 11 indictments charging falsification of physical evidence; eight indictments alleging witness tampering; seven indictments charging criminal use of an electronic defense weapon; four indictments on charges of second-degree assault; four indictments for alleged criminal threatening; two indictments for alleged sale of marijuana; two indictments charging felonious use of a firearm; one indictment on a charge of indecent exposure and one indictment on a charge of kidnapping.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2015, 12:56:21 AM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150211/NEWS03/150219702

February 11. 2015 11:01PM

Judge agrees to give Kibby lawyer more time for discovery
By JOHN KOZIOL
Union Leader Correspondent

LANCASTER — With no comment, Justice Peter Bornstein has assented to a defense motion that gives Nathaniel E. Kibby, whom the state has accused of kidnapping, confining and sexually abusing a Conway teenager, more time to conduct discovery.

In December, the Coos County Grand Jury indicted Kibby of 4 Brookside Drive in Gorham on 200 charges related to his allegedly confining and abusing the girl in his mobile home, as well as in a metal shipping container on his property. Simultaneously, Kibby was indicted by the Carroll County Grand Jury on five charges for allegedly kidnapping the then 14-year-old girl as she walked home Oct. 9, 2013, from Kennett High School. The alleged victim returned home on July 20. The State of New Hampshire has asked that the charges against Kibby be consolidated into one trial in either Coos or Carroll county or under one judge.

Kibby’s defense team, however, led by Public Defender Jesse Friedman, argued that the motion to consolidate should be held in abeyance because discovery was “nowhere complete.”

In a decision filed Feb. 10 in Coos County Superior Court, Bornstein agreed with Friedman to hold the defense responses and state’s motion to consolidate in abeyance for an unspecified time. Friedman has previously told the court that while the state has provided “some discovery in relation to the 205 charges filed against Mr. Kibby,” more was needed because it “may affect the defense’s position to the pending motion” to consolidate and to appoint one judge. Friedman asked for a status hearing to resolve the timeframes on the defense being provided with complete discovery, but Bornstein did not rule on it yet. In addition to that defense motion, Bornstein will also consider the state’s motion for one, joint dispositional conference on Feb. 19 in Carroll County.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: April 12, 2015, 08:01:04 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150305/NEWS03/150309545

March 04. 2015 9:53PM

Nathaniel Kibby may be tried in Belknap County
By JOHN KOZIOL
Union Leader Correspondent

OSSIPEE — Despite being accused of crimes in Carroll and Coos counties, Nathaniel E. Kibby, who is charged with kidnapping, confining and sexually-abusing a teenage girl, may ultimately be tried in Belknap County.

To make the process more efficient for themselves, Kibby’s defense team and Associate Attorney General Jane Young on Wednesday came to a meeting of the minds that Belknap County Superior Court in Laconia might be a good alternate venue for the prosecution of the state’s case against Kibby.

On Oct. 9, 2013, the state alleges that Kibby, using both a firearm and an “electronic defense weapon,” kidnapped the then 14-year-old girl as she walked home from Kennett High School in Conway in Carroll County, and that he then transported her to his mobile home in Gorham in Coos County where he allegedly restrained and abused her both inside the dwelling and in a metal shipping container adjacent to it.

The girl returned home on July 20, 2014, and on July 28, Kibby was arrested and charged in Carroll County with one count of Class B felony kidnapping. Although she was identified in a story about the kidnapping, the Union Leader, pursuant to a long-standing policy, is not identifying the alleged victim.

With Kibby being held on $1 million, cash-only bond, the state continued to investigate and brought forth new and numerous allegations that in December led the Coos County Grand Jury to hand up 200 indictments against Kibby, while a grand jury in Carroll County handed up five.

To avoid duplication and confusion, Young has filed a motion that the trials be consolidated into one or under one judge. Coming into Wednesday’s scheduled dispositional conference and status hearing in Carroll County Superior Court, the motion was being held in abeyance out of Coos County Superior Court by Justice Peter Bornstein pending the completion of discovery between the state and defense.

But once Young said the discovery process was nearly complete, Chief Justice Tina Nadeau of the state Superior Court would rule on the motion to consolidate, and indicated she may act on the motion as early as next week.

Sitting in place of Justice Charles Temple, Nadeau was also agreeable to the state’s suggestion of moving all the proceedings to Belknap County.

Jesse Friedman, Kibby’s public defender, said his client was prepared to waive his right to be tried where Kibby — who has pleaded not guilty — allegedly committed the crimes.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: April 12, 2015, 08:04:34 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/status-hearing-scheduled-for-nathaniel-kibby/31603412

Defense, prosecution agree Kibby case should be consolidated
Man accused of kidnapping, assault charged in 2 counties

UPDATED 6:24 PM EST Mar 04, 2015

OSSIPEE, N.H. —Both sides in the case of a man accused of kidnapping a teenage girl agreed that the trial should be consolidated in a single court, but there are still disputes over evidence.

Nathaniel Kibby was not in court for the hearing Wednesday morning. He is accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a North Conway teenager in 2013.

Questions were also raised about certain pieces of evidence that the state has placed under a protective order. Prosecutors are asking to keep the evidence from Kibby at this point and only want him to have it under certain conditions.

"So just so we're clear, what the state is requesting is that obviously the defendant is entitled to see every bit of discovery, and their request is that he not maintain copies of it without someone being in his presence for a lot of reasons that I'll hear about or a judge will hear about at the hearing," Judge Tina Nadeau said.

There is also an issue of when the trial will be held. The defense wants to have it in April 2016. Prosecutors asked that it be moved up to January, saying the alleged victim deserves to have the case resolved sooner.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: April 12, 2015, 08:10:34 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/newly-consolidated-kibby-trial-set-for-april-2016/31732498

By Renee Anderson
BIO
Newly consolidated Kibby trial set for April 2016
Cases from Carroll and Coos counties will be tried under a single judge

Published  9:56 AM EDT Mar 11, 2015

A judge has agreed to consolidate the cases against a man accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a North Conway teen.

Prosecutors asked the court to consolidate the Carroll County and Coos County cases and move them to Belknap County to be tried under a single judge. The defense agreed.

On Wednesday, the court approved the request.

The trial is slated to begin in April 2016.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2017, 07:55:17 AM »

Continued prayers for Abby's healing from this nightmare.   

http://www.newser.com/story/225742/man-pleads-guilty-to-kidnapping-raping-teen-for-9-months.html

Man Pleads Guilty to Kidnapping, Raping Teen for 9 Months
Kibby let her go convinced he'd 'terrorized' her to the point she wouldn't talk
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted May 26, 2016 6:58 PM CDT

(NEWSER) – A prosecutor says a man who kidnapped and repeatedly raped a 14-year-old girl let her return to her New Hampshire home after nine months because he was convinced he'd "terrorized her enough" that she wouldn't reveal his identity, the AP reports. Nathaniel Kibby, 35, pleaded guilty Thursday to kidnapping, rape, criminal threatening, and witness tampering. Prosecutor Jane Young says Kibby returned Abigail Hernandez to her home because he believed she wasn't going to tell the truth. Hernandez is now 17 years old. She told a packed courtroom she thinks daily about the crimes Kibby committed against her. But she also thanked him for freeing her in July 2014.

Prosecutors say Kibby's plea deal calls for him to be sentenced to 45 to 90 years in prison. It also keeps him from facing federal charges. Young says Kibby offered Hernandez a ride home from her school in October 2013 and then brandished a gun when she attempted to get out of his car. Hernandez didn't know Kibby and accepted a ride because she'd worn boots to school and her feet were blistered. Young says when Hernandez tried to get out of the car in a parking lot Kibby pulled out a gun and threatened to "blow her brains out." Young says he also threatened to slit the girl's throat. Prosecutors say Kibby used a stun gun and a shock collar to control Hernandez at his trailer. Kibby had previously pleaded not guilty.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.