April 26, 2024, 03:18:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 Year Old Abigail Hernandez Missing Since 10/9/13 in Conway, NH  (Read 173622 times)
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2013, 03:35:40 PM »

A map from high school to her home to North South road, which runs directly in front of Pudding Pond.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Kennett+High+School,+Eagle's+Way,+North+Conway,+NH&daddr=86+Village+Way,+North+Conway,+NH&hl=en&sll=44.01811,-71.109609&sspn=0.030614,0.062742&geocode=FYN3nwIdpiDD-yEzxrazqg7SsSnnkZatOgqzTDEzxrazqg7SsQ%3BFbLXnwId8dLC-ykReAI0uqCzTDFKE7ooUSMOkA&oq=86+Village,+North+Conway,+NH&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=14

North South Rd is less than one mile from her home but it's a long road so wherever the police are could be further from her home than that.

Yea.. It looks like it could also be an alternate route home from the school.. do we know she walks up White Mountain Highway? (the route in your map)

If you leave the school and go straight (instead of left onto Eastman from the map) you are on North South Road.. this is less commercial and one side has all trees. Then you can probably catch the other end of her road or a road near it to get to her home.

You could very well be right.  I've been wondering why she chose to walk home and if that was something she's done before.  I hope Abigail is okay and will be found soon.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2013, 06:16:32 PM »

Just listened to today's press conference.

They gave a timeline of known information about when Abby was last seen, and her text activity.  I'll look for a report with the Timeline and post it asap.  Going from memory, her last text was to a friend at approximately 2:53pm.  (If I remember correctly Abby's boyfriend said her last text to him was at about this time, and it was a heart).

They are now saying there is NO CONFIRMATION that Abby ever made it home that day.

The activity on the North South Hwy today was a roadblock checking with motorists that may have been on that road last Wednesday (There had been many reports of her being seen walking there).  I believe the AG spokesperson said a dog also indicated that Abby was in that area.

They described Abby's cellphone as a White IPhone 5 in an otter box type case that is bright pink and gray in color.  They asked businesses to check their lost and found for this type phone that may have possibly been found and not claimed.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2013, 06:18:39 PM »

http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Authorities_search_for_missing_Conway_girl

Authorities are planning another update tomorrow at 4 p.m. #wmur
5:06 PM
TwitterTrent Spiner @TrentWMUR

Authorities are asking for businesses to check their lost + found in case it was turned in #wmur
5:05 PM
TwitterAmy Coveno @amyWMUR

FBI Kieran Ramsey briefing media . Says several leads have 'washed out' @WMUR9 now offering timeline of events . http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWuwKTFIYAEzhO4.jpg

AG's office says Abby's cell phone is a white iPhone 5 with an OtterBox case. #wmur

The FBI said they have gotten more than 540 tips into her disappearance. #wmur
5:04 PM

The FBI said they still have no confirmation that Abby made it home from school last Wednesday #wmur
5:03 PM

The FBI said they are also looking into several UNCONFIRMED reports of her walking on the North-South Highway up until 3:30 p.m. #wmur
5:03 PM

The FBI said the last text sent by Abby Hernandez was at 2:53 p.m. #wmur
5:02 PM

The FBI agent in charge is releasing a timeline of the day of her disappearance #wmur
5:02 PM

FBI says their plea to the people of Conway to help find Abby Hernandez still stands #wmur

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Authorities_search_for_missing_Conway_girl#ixzz2hvUxZVnT

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2013, 06:35:56 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/residents-feel-helpless-as-search-for-missing-girl-continues/-/9857858/22467982/-/14heveez/-/index.html

Investigators search for missing girl's cellphone
Police say phone lost contact with network afternoon girl disappeared
UPDATED 6:27 PM EDT Oct 16, 2013

CONWAY, N.H. —Investigators searching for a missing North Conway girl said they are looking for the cellphone she was using the day she disappeared.

Abigail Hernandez, 15, was last seen on Sept. 9 when she left Kennett High School. Officials said she left the school about 2:29 p.m. to walk home.

Associate Attorney General Jane Young said officials are looking for Abigail's white iPhone 5. According to Police Chief Edward Wagner, Abigail was using her phone to text with a friend from 2:23 to 2:53 p.m. The last contact with the cellphone on the cellular network was at 3:07 p.m. on the west side of Cranmore Mountain, police said.

Young said the 16-gigabyte cellphone had a pink and gray case. She urged businesses to check lost-and-found boxes to see if it had been turned in.

Police said there were multiple unconfirmed reports of seeing Abigail walking on North-South Road in North Conway between the rotary and Settlers Green.

Jimmy Campbell, Abigail's boyfriend's father, said she and his son texted each other constantly. The last text his son got from her was at 2:50 p.m. the day she disappeared. It was a heart.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Raw-video-Update-on-search-for-missing-girl/-/9857858/22476684/-/pin4qr/-/index.html

Raw video: Update on search for missing girl
UPDATED 6:42 PM EDT Oct 16, 2013

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2013, 07:00:19 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Raw-video-Update-on-search-for-missing-girl/-/9857858/22476684/-/pin4qr/-/index.html

Abigail Hernandez Timeline, October 9, 2013.

Abigail attended school that day.

2:29pm - Abigail is seen leaving school wearing black leggings, black boots, and a dark colored striped sweater walking through the field hockey field down Eagles Way to the powerline trail.

2:30-2:35pm - Abigail is seen walking on the powerline trail from Eagles Way.

2:23-2:53pm - A series of text messages between Abigail and a friend classmate. (who continues to be cooperative per the FBI spokesman)

2:53pm - Last text is sent by Abigail to same friend.

3:07pm - Last known contact between the cell phone and the cellular network was on West Side of Cranmore Mountain.

2:40-3:30pm - Multiple unconfirmed reports of an individual matching Abigail's description walking on North-South Highway between Rotary and Settlers Green entry.

Abigail has previously walked home from school - despite previous reporting, no confirmation that she ever made it to her home on October 9, 2013.

Abigail's previous after-school travel pattern confirmed via interviews of friends and security cameras along that same route between Kennett High School and her residence.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »

The otter box case is described as "deep pink" and gray.  I think I posted previously "bright pink".  Sorry about that...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2013, 07:04:52 PM »

The AG representative also described it as Dark Pink and Gray.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2013, 07:10:01 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/No-sign-of-missing-girl-after-week-long-search/-/9857858/22474808/-/m2ye23z/-/index.html

Video

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2013, 07:17:43 PM »

Another view of the press conference. 

http://vimeo.com/77089691

CDS News — update on the Hernandez investigation for Wednesday
from Erik Eisele Plus 59 minutes ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/photos-missing-14yearold-girl-from-conway/-/9857858/22366734/-/ravte1/-/index.html

Timeline: Last known whereabouts of missing girl

UPDATED 8:47 PM EDT Oct 16, 2013

A week after her disappearance, authorities released a map of the location where they have concentrated their search.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2013, 10:59:56 PM »

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109522-missing-101613

Not pulling back: Authorities continue to ask for help in search for missing teen

Published Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2013 08:00

CONWAY — As the first week since the disappearance of 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez drew to a close on Tuesday officials said they are not ready to give up looking for the North Conway teen.

"We have not begun discussions about pulling back," senior assistant attorney general Jane Young told reporters at a press conference Tuesday evening, because they have not exhausted the search.

Hernandez, a Kennett High freshman, was reported missing at 7:17 p.m. Wednesday. She was last seen around 2:30 p.m. leaving school, but when her family arrived home that evening she wasn't there. She is described by police as a white girl of Hispanic descent with brown hair, brown eyes and light olive complexion, 5-foot 4-inches tall, 118-pounds.

The investigation is still classified as a missing person's case, according to FBI special agent Keiran Ramsey. At this point there is no evidence to point to abduction or kidnapping, he said, therefore the case is not being described as such.

Dog teams and helicopters have joined line searchers and conservation officers combing the woods and waterways around Kennett High and along the North South Road. Police set up a roadblock last week to hand out flyers containing Hernandez's photo.

Officials say they are still looking for that crucial piece of information that will point them in Hernandez's direction.

"No detail is too small," Young said on Monday.

But for all the details authorities are seeking, very few are being released. Young brushed off questions about whether searchers have found anything of note.

"We aren't going to provide details," she told reporters at Monday's briefing.

Since Hernandez's disappearance last Wednesday agents from the FBI and Secret Service have been called in to assist local police and State Police, Fish and Game officers and representatives from the New Hampshire Attorney General's office.

Ramsey, the FBI agent, said Monday that authorities have followed up on more than 300 tips, ranging from local to as far away as Texas. Every tip is investigated, he said.

Five canine teams that specialize in searches concentrated around Kennett High on Monday. Search teams have combed over more than 5,000 acres of woods, down 8.5 miles of the Saco River and 48 acres of Puddin Pond. Helicopters have been brought in by the FBI and the Massachusetts State Police to assist from the air.

Officials are looking for any sightings of Hernandez on either Tuesday or Wednesday of last week, or any days after. Ramsey also asked residents to look around their property, to check outbuildings and garages. Hernandez's mother asked anyone who knew her to call if they had noticed any behavioral changes in the teen.

While those requests point towards the possibility Hernandez may have run away, Young said that is not the only possibility. "Nothing has been ruled in, nothing has been ruled out," she said on Monday.

Ramsey explained that there has thus far been nothing to point to the possibility of an abduction or kidnapping, and therefore the case is still classified as a missing persons investigation. But the absence of evidence is obviously not enough to rule out the possibility.

Another press conference has been scheduled for 6 p.m. tomorrow.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2013, 11:47:50 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/images/ul/2013/AbigailHernandezPictureTimeline.pdf

http://www.unionleader.com/images/ul/2013/AbigailHernandezPublicmap.pdf

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2013, 11:50:53 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/images/ul/2013/abigail-hernandez.pdf

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2013, 12:04:38 AM »

http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20131016/NEWS07/131019402

October 16. 2013 8:46PM

In search of Abigail, and an iPhone 5

By DAN SEUFERT
Union Leader Correspondent

CONWAY — Law enforcement officials gave a timeline of the afternoon Abigail Hernandez disappeared, and made a plea to the public and area businesses to help find the 15-year-old's cell phone, a white iPhone 5 in a deep pink and gray case.

At a news media briefing at the town's police station, one week after Hernandez was reported missing, Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young said the last time anyone has reported seeing Hernandez was walking on the North-South Road, which begins near Kennett High School and ends near her home.

"We have no information that she ever made it home," said Kieran L. Ramsey, an FBI special agent from Boston.

FBI officials, who put up a roadblock that stopped every car driving along the North-South Road on Wednesday afternoon to ask if drivers had seen Hernandez, said they have unconfirmed reports of her walking on the highway between the rotary at the south end and Settlers Green marketplace between 2:40 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.

"We have reports that she was there, but we can't confirm it was her," Young said after the conference.

She had previously walked that route from school to her home at 86 Village Way, authorities said.

Authorities said she was texting on her phone between 2:23 p.m. and 2:53 p.m., and that she was texting with a friend, who they said has been cooperating in the investigation.

According to James D. Campbell of Conway, his son, Jimmy Campbell, 14, is Hernandez's boyfriend. Campbell's father said his son last received a text from Hernandez — a heart — in that time frame.

Authorities said the final contact between her cell phone and cell phone network towers on the west side of Cranmore Mountain was at 3:07 p.m.

Young would not say what kind of contact was made with the cell tower, and said information about the last cell phone contact came from information gathered by police.

Young asked for the public's help in finding the teen's iPhone 5, which is described as a white 16-gigabyte phone in a deep pink and gray Otterbox case.

Young said the phone could have important clues. "We believe the phone could be a critical piece of evidence in finding her last known location, and then finding her," she said.

dseufert@newstote.com

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2013, 07:58:15 AM »

Good Morning texasmom and thank you for the huge amount of information.

This link is to the otterbox phone covers.....I asked for the deep pink outer cover with the gray
and this is what I got..... 

http://www.otterbox.com/iPhone-5/5S-Defender-Series-Case/apl2-iphone-5s-set,default,pd.html?dwvar_color=E7

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2013, 08:00:45 AM »

Good Morning texasmom and thank you for the huge amount of information.

This link is to the otterbox phone covers.....I asked for the deep pink outer cover with the gray
and this is what I got..... 

http://www.otterbox.com/iPhone-5/5S-Defender-Series-Case/apl2-iphone-5s-set,default,pd.html?dwvar_color=E7

Well...I see you have to choose the colors yourself.....the link did not hold the colors I had chosen.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2013, 08:21:55 AM »

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Abigail%20Hernandez%20%20-NH-?sort=6&page=1&_suid=13820123431570952819707258305

Amanda Reckonwith's Album with updates on this case.  You can also check the left side of the site
to see many other cases of interest. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Abigail%20Hernandez%20%20-NH-?sort=6&page=1&_suid=13820123431570952819707258305

Amanda Reckonwith's Album with updates on this case.  You can also check the left side of the site
to see many other cases of interest. 

Awesome, as always!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2013, 06:53:43 PM »

Just watched today's press conference.

http://vimeo.com/77168363
CDS News — Hernandez investigation update for Thursday
from Erik Eisele Plus 2 hours ago

Abby's mom Zenya spoke, she said she's not giving up hope.  She spoke to Abby telling her how much she, her sister Sarah, (and I think she said Moe and Teddy?) miss her.  She told Abby to stay strong, don't give up, and to continue fighting.  She sincerely thanked the community for their support as well as the team of investigator's dedication.  She asked the community to please not give up, to please continue to call in with any information about Abby.

Kieran Ramsey with the FBI announced a reward of up to $20,000 for information leading to the recovery of Abigail Hernandez, or information, identification, or arrest and conviction of any person or persons responsible for her disappearance.  The missing posters of Abigail on the FBI website will be updated with this information, and it will be broadcast on the digital billboards in Massachusetts.  They will seek to expand those broadcasts South through New England.

Jane Young said this search will continue.  Over the next several days they will target areas based on tips.  Some manpower may be reduced to give rest so if that tip comes in that will bring her home, they will have the manpower and resources to follow that.  She said Fish and Game remains poised to help them.

(Questions from reporters)

Until they have significant information they will not have another daily briefing. 

Some will still man operations there depending on what information they have, others may go to other locations and work remotely on the case.

She asked the press to continue covering the story and keep Abby's face out there.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.