March 28, 2024, 08:57:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 Year Old Abigail Hernandez Missing Since 10/9/13 in Conway, NH  (Read 172698 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2013, 03:55:04 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/search-for-missing-girl-in-10th-day/-/9857858/22505726/-/pnwbc2/-/index.html

Search for missing girl in 10th day
Community works to spread information about Abigail Hernandez
UPDATED 12:20 PM EDT Oct 18, 2013

CONWAY, N.H. —The search for a missing Conway teenager is now in its 10th day, and FBI officials said they have received a number of tips since a reward was offered.

On Thursday, the FBI said it was offering a $20,000 reward for information that leads to Abigail Hernandez, 15. Abigail was last seen on Oct. 9.

The search for Abigail continued Friday around Cranmore Mountain. People in the community said they are trying to assist in the search however they can while they also support Abigail's family.

"One of her friends came in and was looking for us to help her out in terms of fliers, spreading the word and hopefully helping out with the search," said Rick Tillotson of Minuteman Press.

Investigators said they have received more than 500 tips in the case, but still no solid leads. Tillotson said he hopes the fliers plastered around town will make a difference.

"I hope they're getting out there everywhere," he said. "I hope they're in gas stations, bars -- any place that can help out."

The running club White Mountain Milers set up a website for donations.

"We're used to setting up race registration pages quickly, so we just went and set up something online last night," said Paul Kirsch, president of White Mountain Milers.

In less than 12 hours, the club had raised $1,000 for the Hernandez family.

"They're runners and they do a lot of volunteer stuff, and we watched (Abigail's sister) Sarah become an amazing runner in high school, and we're dialed in to the high school and the cross-country team, so they're very much a part of the club," Kirsch said.

While the searches for Abigail have been scaled back, Kirsch said Abigail is still very much in the club's thoughts and prayers.

"The areas that have been searched are all the trails that we run on, and it's a constant reminder," he said. "A lot of us have kids in the high school, and I just think it's on a lot of people's minds."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2013, 11:08:24 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Abigail.Hernandez/posts/373258486141020

Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez shared Dale Shaw Racecars's photo.
27 minutes ago
With the recent news of missing women in our area one of our drivers took it upon himself to help anyway that he can Jeremy Davis gave up the rear bumper of his racecar to help with the efforts of finding Abby. He is racing in Thompson CT this weekend

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2013, 11:11:29 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Abigail.Hernandez/posts/373025202831015

Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez shared Corinne Evans's photo.
14 hours ago
Abby's billboard in Lawrence, MA

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2013, 12:27:20 PM »

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/abigail-hernandez/view

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2013, 04:40:23 PM »

http://www.pressherald.com/news/NH_town_on_edge_more_than_week_after_teen_vanished_.html

Posted: 4:02 PM
Updated: 4:28 PM
NH town on edge more than week after teen vanished
The disappearance of Abigail Hernandez reminds residents of a still unsolved killing of a young girl in rural New Hampshire two years ago.

By Rik Stevens
Associated Press

NORTH CONWAY, N.H. – A dark-haired, dark-eyed girl peers out from a letter-sized poster taped to the doors of businesses lining Main Street in the tourist town of North Conway.

Missing, it says.

What happened to 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez, who disappeared Oct. 9, has people on edge in the town of 2,300 residents in Mount Washington Valley. There are shades of the still-unsolved killing of another young girl from rural New Hampshire two years ago: 11-year-old Celina Cass disappeared from her West Stewartstown home, and her body was recovered a week later in the Connecticut River.

Abigail left Kennett High School at 2:30 p.m. on a Wednesday and walked the same route she usually did toward the town house she shares with her mother about 2 miles away. When her mother returned home that evening, Abigail was missing and she hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

A week after she disappeared, police again fanned out through the rugged, heavily forested terrain that surrounds North Conway. They’ve already covered thousands of acres with no sign of Abigail.

“As you can imagine,” said Conway Police Chief Edward Wagner, “these are not flatlands. There are a lot of smaller mountains but still mountains. There are quarries, downed trees, wetlands. It’s very difficult for them to do their jobs.”

Police have also searched by air and used boats on the Saco River and Pudding Pond and found nothing.

The local department has been joined by investigators from the FBI, state police and the Fish and Game Department, a response they say is normal given the circumstances and a small local police force. Police have been tight-lipped about the Hernandez investigation, saying only that it’s being treated as a missing-person case and making it clear they don’t have reason yet to believe anything suspicious.

Police at first said she made it home but a week later said she didn’t. They say the girl’s family has been cooperative and both her mother and sister have pleaded publicly for her safe return. Her mother, Zenya Hernandez, wished her a happy birthday as she stood before television cameras on Oct. 12.

Wagner’s been on the force 19 years, chief for the past 8 1/2. Yes, he says, North Conway looks serene and safe, but there are big crimes here, too: murder, drugs, assaults and thefts. His 22-member force investigates them all.

“I don’t think it’s really any different than in a big community when a child goes missing,” he said Wednesday. “‘Shocked,’ ‘Can’t happen here.”’ Those are the words that are used.”

Most here remain hopeful, but there is still an undercurrent of unease, thoughts that few will voice. Joe Downs, owner of The Naked Bohemian gift shop, remembers the shock waves the Celina Cass case sent through New Hampshire.

“It makes you feel a little bit nervous that somebody could grab a 14-year-old girl,” Downs said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2013, 09:21:17 PM »

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109589-rich-gray-comments-on-case-from-afar

'Abby, everyone wants you back so badly'

Published Date: Sunday, 20 October 2013 03:31

By Tom Eastman and Daymond Steer

CONWAY — The search by law enforcement authorities continues for missing Kennett High freshman Abigail Hernandez, 15, of Village Way of North Conway, who was last seen the afternoon of Wednesday, Oct. 9.

"Nothing new to report. No new updates," was the word from Conway Police Department dispatch on Sunday.

Rich Gray, who has been in a relationship with Abigail's mother, Zenya Hernandez, for four years, issued a statement per a reporter's request to express his thanks to the community and law enforcement and to join with others, including James D. Campbell, the father of Abigail's boyfriend, Jimmy, in expressing concern for Abby's safe return.

Gray is stationed as a chief steward in Diego Garcia on the United States Naval Ship Seay. The ship is berthed at a U.S. Naval Support facility there on Diego Garcia, which is a small island in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

Gray, who works part-time for WMWV 93.5-FM and Attitash Ski School when back home in Mount Washington Valley, was home in late summer. He flew back to the ship by way of Bahrain on Oct. 3 and is scheduled to be gone for four months.

He said he has been in touch with the FBI regarding Abigail's disappearance. He also answered a reporter's question about the ordeal by noting via email Oct. 17, “I was pretty shocked and scared when Zenya told me that night of the 9th that she hadn’t come home. It took me by surprise and I was sure that she was just out for whatever reason and that she’d be back that night. But she hadn’t done anything like that since I’ve known her, so all kinds of things went through my mind. I have my own daughter, Allie, and she sure popped into my head and how I would have felt if it was her. So I felt pretty scared for Abby. No, I didn’t see this coming. She’s really a great kid and so much fun to be around.”

He issued the following official statement:

“First I just want to give a very heartfelt thanks to the MWV community and the close friends of Zenya and Sarah [Hernandez] for the tremendous and continued support that you’ve given them and your efforts to assist the authorities in bringing Abby home. It has meant so much to me to know that they are not alone. Of course a huge thanks goes to all of the authorities such as the local and state police, the FBI, the Attorney General’s office and other officials for their incredible and ongoing efforts to find Abby. It’s truly been amazing to watch this process even from 10,000 miles away.

"That said, and I am really appreciative of all of you, the real reason that I’m making this statement is to reiterate what has been said by Zenya, Sarah (Abigail's sister) and the police. I’m pleading with anyone reading this to please contact the police with any kind of information at all about Abby, however insignificant it may seem. It could be huge. You never know. If you saw Abby or know someone who did at around the time that she went missing or you heard of something that she or someone else said, please call the authorities. If you don’t want to be in direct contact with the police, use a third party or get word to Zenya. Please tell a friend that you read this. Every bit of information we can get no matter how small is so much needed.

"Abby is such a wonderful, creative and intelligent person. We need to find a way to bring her back. She’s got a great mom and sister that love her very much and will do anything for her. Abby everyone wants you back so badly. Please help bring Abby back to her family."

• • •

James D. Campbell, father of Abigail's boyfriend, Jimmy, spoke highly of both Jimmy and Abigail. He said Jimmy loves Abigail deeply and insisted on earning the money to take her on dates.

"The last text Jimmy got was a heart," said James D. Campbell.

James Campbell recalled how Jimmy and Abigail would spend time together all summer watching movies on Netflix at the Campbell home. Campbell recalled how they would laugh as Jimmy would teach her how to play a Zombies themed video game on PS3 and also how they would all go on trips to places like Portsmouth. James Campbell said if Abigail had problems, she hid them well.

"This girl is and always will be an angel — very quiet, caring — and her and my boy are very close," said James Campbell. "Jimmy can't be without her."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=713295195365784&set=o.370102969789905&type=1&theater

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2013, 11:16:16 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131016/NEWS07/131019398

October 16. 2013 8:47PM

Center says Abigail at 'extremely high risk'

By KATHRYN MARCHOCKI
New Hampshire Union Leader

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was notified Conway teen Abigail Hernandez was missing and had a specialized team on the ground to assist local law enforcers find her within 24 hours of her Oct. 9 disappearance.

“We consider her extremely high risk until we can show the facts otherwise,” NCMEC Senior Executive Director Bob Lowery said Wednesday.

Conway police notified the national non-profit agency Oct. 10 of Hernandez’s disappearance. The center classified Hernandez, 15, as “endangered missing,” assigned her a case management team, and sent a Team Adam expert to assist local law enforcers, Lowery said.

“We’re concerned about Abigail and the circumstances...Our team doesn’t deploy on every missing child case, only those on which the children are most endangered,” Lowery said. Such cases generally involve those in which NCMEC suspects “there may be foul play (or) the child’s life may be in danger.” Team Adam provides rapid, on-site assistance.

Lowery said lack of information about where a child went and why raises the risk factor, as does the length of time they are missing.

Lee Manning, a Team Adam member and retired Massachusetts state trooper skilled in missing children’s cases, arrived in Conway Oct. 10 to assist local law enforcers. He has since returned to Massachusetts.

The center still has a case management team assigned to Hernandez’s case and never gives up until a child is found, Lowery said.

kmarchocki@unionleader.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2013, 11:25:52 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131020/NEWS07/131029978/0/NEWHAMPSHIRE1409

October 19. 2013 8:41PM

In search for Abigail, 'time is of the essence'

By DAN SEUFERT
Sunday News Correspondent

CONWAY - As Kieran Ramsey looked around the law enforcement command center at the police department Thursday, he saw lots of familiar faces.

Ramsey, an FBI agent assigned to the Boston field office who is leading the bureau's part of the search for Abigail Hernandez, saw Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young, many senior state police and New Hampshire Fish and Game officers whom he has worked with on child-abduction cases. They are part of a team of about 100 law enforcement agents, including 35 or so FBI agents, trying to find Abigail, 15, last seen Oct. 9.

So far, searches of more than 3,000 acres and 5 square miles of town haven't turned up a trace of Abigail or her missing iPhone, which last transmitted a data update at 3:07 p.m. Oct. 9, he said.

There is no evidence to suggest she was abducted or ran away, Ramsey said.

There is no evidence indicating anything about her disappearance, he said, but investigators won't stop looking.

"What makes it especially tough is many of us in this room are parents, too, and we know time is of the essence," Ramsey said.

The size and scope of this investigation is not unusual for cases when minors are involved, Ramsey said. A missing person, defined in this context as someone who has lost contact with family and friends, will generally bring a large response from state and federal agencies in New Hampshire because many police departments don't have the manpower, expertise and equipment necessary to handle such cases.

The size of the presence is determined by the situation. "The facts dictate the response," he said.

"The younger a missing child is, the less likely it is that they could take care of themselves," Strelzin said. "If you have a 14- or 15-year-old child, she is not old enough to have a driver's license, she has no financial means to take care of herself, it's very concerning, and time is of the essence, so that will draw a big response."

Bill Barry, a retired 17-year veteran tracker and missing-child investigator with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department, said investigators are poring over large amounts of information - online and off - to find clues.

"Particularly if you don't have a lot of information on her whereabouts, you need a lot of people there, as many resources as possible," he said.

"There's a lot to do, they have to go back over weeks and months of everything she did, and see what was going on in her life, who was she friends with, did she make any new friends, did anybody see her with somebody new. It's very involved, and it takes time."

Strelzin said missing-person cases can take weeks of thorough investigation by law enforcement officers. After that, if a missing person is not found, the case will remain open for a period, sometimes years, with authorities monitoring developments.

"The active part stops when you run out of avenues of information to pursue," he said.

Barry says Abigail's family and friends should remain hopeful. He investigated six missing children in his career, and all six were found, alive and well, within weeks or months of their disappearance.

"You can't give up on these cases," he said. "I'm hoping for her. There's a good chance she could be found."
dseufert@newstote.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Abigail.Hernandez/posts/373986156068253

Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez
3 hours ago via mobile
News update this morning stated that investigators will regroup today and discuss where and how to continue the search. Update expected this afternoon. Will keep you posted.

Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez They have been focusing the search near and around the school, from school to her house, the surrounding woods and up and around cranmore mountain. Areas where she was last seen and where her phone last pinged off a tower.
2 hours ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2013, 05:28:00 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Abigail.Hernandez/posts/374132649386937

Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez · 5,269 like this
3 minutes ago ·

News update from 5:00. "Nothing significant to report". Manpower is scaling back. Authorities still urging anyone with ANY information to come forward.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2013, 08:27:42 PM »

3 minutes ago ·

News update from 5:00. "Nothing significant to report". Manpower is scaling back. Authorities still urging anyone with ANY information to come forward.

Thank you for all the updates Texasmom.  This case is such a mystery.  Where is Abigail?
I understand her local town is under 100 miles from the town where Celina Cass disappeared? Still no arrest with Celina's case.   

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2013, 10:24:43 PM »

3 minutes ago ·

Thank you for all the updates Texasmom.  This case is such a mystery.  Where is Abigail?
I understand her local town is under 100 miles from the town where Celina Cass disappeared? Still no arrest with Celina's case.   

You're welcome, Tibro.   

Yes, a mystery it is.  Sad and scary imo.  Almost two weeks in...nothing ruled out, LE tight lipped from the beginning and pretty much silent now.  I have to wonder what they've found and what they know for certain.  They've made it public that they're looking for her cell phone...bugs me that they haven't said anything about looking for the backpack or purse/bag that's in the picture of her from school video earlier in the day?  First reports were that she'd made it home, then changed to no confirmation she made it home. 

Did she leave the bag at school for some reason, or have they found it?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/12/new-hampshire-authorities-step-up-search-for-missing-teen/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2013, 10:53:38 PM »

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=260954

Community works to keep missing teen story alive
4:52 PM, Oct 22, 2013

NORTH CONWAY, New Hampshire (NEWS CENTER) - Over the past 2 weeks police followed up hundreds of tips and searchers combed through thousands of acres of woods, water and land with no trace of 15-year old Abigail Hernandez.

Around Conway and North Conway missing posters of the teenager still hang but the daily police updates have ended and the search for her is less visible. People here fear her story will fade away.

"We want to make sure we keep Abbie's story alive and we want to keep her picture out there", said Paul Kirsch, President of a running club called the White Mountain Milers.
Abbie's mom and sister have volunteered and taken part in the club's events.

"They're just a wonderful family and I think everybody in the community wants to support one of their own. It would be a horrible thing for any of us to have a child who was lost", he said.

Kirsch is organizing a vigil for the missing teen at North Conway's Schouler Park this Saturday.
After the vigil the group will walk a trail down through the nearby country club.

"There's 1000 reasons why we should not be hopeful and we have 1000 reasons why we should be and we want to make sure we keep that going", Kirsch said.

The event is sceduled for 6:30 Saturday night. The hope is that is will be cancelled because Abbie will be found safe and sound before then.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2013, 10:59:46 PM »

Just watched today's press conference.

http://vimeo.com/77168363
CDS News — Hernandez investigation update for Thursday
from Erik Eisele Plus 2 hours ago

Abby's mom Zenya spoke, she said she's not giving up hope.  She spoke to Abby telling her how much she, her sister Sarah, (and I think she said Moe and Teddy?) miss her.  She told Abby to stay strong, don't give up, and to continue fighting.  She sincerely thanked the community for their support as well as the team of investigator's dedication.  She asked the community to please not give up, to please continue to call in with any information about Abby.

Kieran Ramsey with the FBI announced a reward of up to $20,000 for information leading to the recovery of Abigail Hernandez, or information, identification, or arrest and conviction of any person or persons responsible for her disappearance.  The missing posters of Abigail on the FBI website will be updated with this information, and it will be broadcast on the digital billboards in Massachusetts.  They will seek to expand those broadcasts South through New England.

Jane Young said this search will continue.  Over the next several days they will target areas based on tips.  Some manpower may be reduced to give rest so if that tip comes in that will bring her home, they will have the manpower and resources to follow that.  She said Fish and Game remains poised to help them.

(Questions from reporters)

Until they have significant information they will not have another daily briefing. 

Some will still man operations there depending on what information they have, others may go to other locations and work remotely on the case.

She asked the press to continue covering the story and keep Abby's face out there.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=374621082671427&set=np.407579311.888200111&type=1&theater

Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez
2 minutes ago

Moe and Teddy are Abbys Dogs and Abby they are waiting for you to come home they among with all of us love you and are waiting for you to come home — with Abigail Hernandez.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2013, 11:09:37 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=715966328431874&set=oa.175154306012948&type=1

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2013, 07:53:44 AM »

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/weekend-vigil-to-be-held-for-missing-new-hampshire-teen/-/9848876/22581212/-/fv8188/-/index.html?absolute=true&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=wcvb

Weekend vigil to be held for missing New Hampshire teen
Abigail Hernandez last seen Oct. 9
Published  7:45 AM EDT Oct 23, 2013

<snipped>
The event for Abigail Hernandez is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Saturday at North Conway's Schouler Park.

Paul Kirsch, president of the White Mountain Milers, tells WMWV-FM that Abigail's mother and older sister have been active runners and volunteers with the club.

Kirsch says the theme of the vigil is "Light the Way Home for Abby." Participants can bring flashlights.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2013, 08:10:33 AM »

texasmom.....I so appreciate all of your follow-up.  I wish that LE had shared more.  I also wish
that they had allowed locals to search the area, but they probably had reasons not to let them do so....
perhaps due to thick woods or hilly areas.

I also wonder where that huge bag is.....did she leave it in a locker at school before walking off that day? 

I wish they had shared the type and color of the phone on day one.

Her last school picture, the one with the sun glasses, shows her with one sleeve up and holding her
phone in her right hand.....and her left sleeve way down over her fingertips.  Is she holding something
in the left hand?

Mostly, I just wish she were found and returned to her family and friends.    Thanks again..

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2013, 02:11:30 PM »

texasmom.....I so appreciate all of your follow-up.  I wish that LE had shared more.  I also wish
that they had allowed locals to search the area, but they probably had reasons not to let them do so....
perhaps due to thick woods or hilly areas.

I also wonder where that huge bag is.....did she leave it in a locker at school before walking off that day? 

I wish they had shared the type and color of the phone on day one.

Her last school picture, the one with the sun glasses, shows her with one sleeve up and holding her
phone in her right hand.....and her left sleeve way down over her fingertips.  Is she holding something
in the left hand?

Mostly, I just wish she were found and returned to her family and friends.    Thanks again..

Good question!   

The way her sleeves are looks odd, imo.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2013, 02:15:17 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131023/NEWS07/131029745

A photo of Abigail Hernandez from her Facebook page.

October 22. 2013 8:14PM

Search for missing Conway teen hasn’t been reduced, officials say

By DAN SEUFERT
Union Leader Correspondent

CONWAY — It’s been two weeks since anyone has seen 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez as she left school for her regular walk home, and the search continues.

And though there are fewer police searchers now involved, authorities want family members and the public to know the investigation itself has not been reduced in any substantial way.

There are fewer searchers, as police searchers have covered so much ground in the Conway area that they don’t need as many officers, said Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young.

“We may have less bodies working the case, but the volume of searchers is not what matters,” Young said.The searches in the area are “more targeted” than before, “depending on the information” that police acquire.

“It’s a narrower search,” she said. “But by no means are we giving up.”

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.