April 30, 2024, 02:25:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 Year Old Abigail Hernandez Missing Since 10/9/13 in Conway, NH  (Read 173783 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2013, 08:38:37 PM »

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/110423-zenya-hernandez-speaks-about-missing-daughter

Zenya Hernandez: 'I want Abby to know I will never stop looking for her'

Published Date: Wednesday, 11 December 2013 05:29

By Daymond Steer

CONWAY — Zenya Hernandez is sending her love to her missing daughter, Abigail, through the media because that's the only way she has to communicate. Abigail, 15, has not been seen since the afternoon of Oct. 9 after she left Kennett High School.

Zenya cannot speak about the investigation into her daughter's whereabouts but she did want to send a heartfelt message to Abby while thanking the community and law enforcement for their support.

"I want Abby to know I will never stop looking for her," said Zenya in an interview Tuesday with The Conway Daily Sun. "Since I cannot communicate directly with her, I hope that she hears me telling her that I love her, and that I will always have hope."

Zenya was "exhilarated" by a letter Abby sent her on Oct. 23. Zenya received the letter on Nov. 6. Authorities recently disclosed that Zenya had received the letter.

Zenya said she gets a "ton of mail" in her out of town post-office box — most of which is bills, but she also gets many cards from well wishers. Then came the letter from Abby. Zenya said "deep in her heart" she knew it was from Abby yet she had some doubt. She said getting the letter was "very emotional."

"I was very happy to receive the letter," said Zenya. "I couldn't believe it."

Since then, Zenya feels a letdown every time she goes to the mailbox because there haven't been any other letters. Zenya still wonders what happened to her daughter.

Law enforcement considers Abby to be a missing person.

Zenya described law enforcement as "thorough" and "dedicated." She said law enforcement doesn't disclose much information on the case because of the sensitive nature of the investigation.

"That's how they work," said Zenya of police.

The Union Leader criticized law enforcement for "keeping the public in the dark" and running what they say is a "sloppy" investigation. Zenya responded in a letter to the editor which she also shared with The Conway Daily Sun.

"People in N.H. and all over the country have been amazing and I can't thank everyone enough for their support. Press and media are giving us us tremendous coverage," wrote Zenya. "Law enforcement has to do a difficult and often thankless job, and they shouldn't be bashed for being thorough and discreet. Please let them do their job."

When asked if there's anything the community can do to help, Zenya replied people should remain vigilant and positive. She said people should avoid making negative comments about her ex-husband, police and others.

Zenya said the rumors and conspiracy theories don't bother her too much.

"I have one goal and that is to bring Abby home," said Zenya. "It was such a shock that everything else is random noise."

However, Zenya will not tolerate attacks on Abby.

"That upsets me," said Zenya.

Zenya approves of the Bring Abby Home Facebook page and she is not associated with other "missing Abby" Facebook pages. Zenya said she sincerely appreciates everyone on Facebook who is helping to spread the word and help bring Abby home.

Smith only works on the Bring Abby Home Facebook page with Kirsch.

Zenya describes Abby as a "wholesome" girl who is "very compassionate." She cares about other people and animals. Abby always kept in touch with her mother and has never run away, said Zenya. Abby was born in Manchester and spent the next 14 years of her life in the Mount Washington Valley.

"She seemed to be happy," said Zenya. "And her friends felt like she was happy."

The family had plans for the week that Abby disappeared, including birthday plans for Abby.

She was born on Oct. 12.

When asked how it feels to go out in the community, Zenya said people have been "amazing." Zenya said she couldn't thank everyone personally but a big reason she wanted to do the interview with the Sun was to thank everyone. She would like to thank people individually but is afraid of leaving someone out inadvertently.

Many people have participated in benefit fund raisers for the Hernandez family. Zenya said she appreciates the donations and has used some for printing posters and magnets. Zenya has basically been taking a break from her work as a registered nurse so that she can concentrate on finding her daughter, although Zenya does pick up some shifts when they are available.

"The donations are supposed to be for whatever she needs it for," said Smith.

When asked what it's like for her to see posters everywhere, Zenya said she couldn't look at them for the first three weeks after Abby went missing.

"I couldn't see Abby's picture at all," said Zenya who adds she still feels devastated when she sees it. "I appreciate it at the same time because it's going to spread the word and that's what's going to bring her home."

Zenya has appeared on several national media outlets like Good Morning America. Zenya praised Good Morning America's professionalism. Zenya is grateful for media that spreads Abby's image.

Zenya confirmed that Abby has never ran away before, Zenya expected her daughter to come home that day. She noted that Abby didn't walk home often. She only walked home a few times before.

"When I got home she was not there," said Zenya adding she then checked the school. "She was not there and I started panicking."

Zenya found a police officer at the school at around 5 p.m. They looked around and the officer recommend she file a report if Abby couldn't be found.

Abigail Hernandez is 5'4" and weighs 118 pounds. She has long brown hair. According to the FBI she was last seen walking on the power line trail from Eagle's Way. She was wearing black leggings, black boots and a dark colored striped shirt. She was texting a friend until 2:53 p.m. on Oct. 9.

Anyone with information about this case is encouraged to call 1-800-CALL-FBI.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »

Earlier reports stated that Zenya didn't get home from work until around 7pm (reporter on Nancy Grace said that iirc).

If she was at the school around 5 looking for her, that's a couple hours earlier.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2014, 09:59:49 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91dqjoUcESw

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/91dqjoUcESw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/91dqjoUcESw</a>

A Video Message from Mom to Abby
Bring Abby Home - Missing NH Teen Abigail Hernandez Bring Abby Home - Missing NH Teen Abigail Hernandez·1 video
Like 36     Dislike 2

Published on Jan 15, 2014

A video message from Mom to Abby.
Abigail Hernandez has been missing since Wednesday October 9, 2013 when she was last seen leaving Kennett High School in North Conway, NH at 2:30 PM. Abby is 5'4 and weighs 118 lbs She has long brown hair and brown eyes and was wearing black leggings, a grey and black striped sweater and black boots when she was last seen.

Please call 1-800-CALL-FBI or the Conway PD at 603-356-5715 with any information to help find Abby and bring her home. No piece of information is too small, please call if you know anything. We have a timeline of known events around her disappearance here on the website as well.

Abby's story has captured the hearts of people across the country and we all want her safely home. Please share this website with your friends to continue to get her story out there so we can reach our one and only goal: to bring Abby back home to her mom.

Facebook and Tumblr Daily Posts
We share photos and messages every day from our Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr sites. Please Like or Follow them and share the photos as you can and use the hashtag #bringabbyhome. Someone, somewhere has seen Abby and we hope the continuous sharing of her pictures will help spread the word and make people aware and remain vigilant in their own community for that new girl or someone who has been behaving strangely who may be holding Abby.

Thank you for your support of our efforts to bring Abby home. We are coming up on 100 days of her missing and Abby needs to be home with her family.

Web: bringabbyhome.com

Facebook: bringabbyhome

Twitter: bringabbyhome

Tumblr: bringabbyhome

Special Thanks to Pulse Media for their assistance in helping make this video.
http://pulse-media.com/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2014, 04:07:24 PM »

Abby is still missing.   

https://www.facebook.com/bringabbyhome
Bring Abby Home

Community
Help Find Missing New Hampshire Teen, Abigail Hernandez
This Page is Maintained by Paul Kirsch and Amanda Smith. There are no other admins.

Bring Abby Home
19 hours ago
Day 105. Abigail Hernandez, 15, disappeared from North Conway, NH on October 9th. Last seen leaving Kennett High School, on foot. Abby is 5'4, 118lbs, long brown hair and brown eyes. When she went missing, Abby did NOT have any proper winte...See More

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2014, 09:22:03 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140414/NEWS07/140419578

April 13. 2014 8:10PM

AG continues investigation in search for missing Abby Hernandez

By DAN SEUFERT

Union Leader Correspondent

CONWAY — The search for Abigail Hernandez, 15, is continuing with law enforcement officials reporting they are looking at new directions.

Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young said investigators from the state police, the Conway police department and the FBI continue to work in North Conway and from a distance to find Hernandez, who was last seen walking home from Kennett High School on Oct. 9.

It's been more than six months since she disappeared.

"The team of investigators has been looking at certain pieces of evidence, and they continue to have dialogue with (Hernandez's mother, Zenya Hernandez)," Young said.

Young has been a part of several missing person investigations, some of which reach a point at which law enforcement activity calms or ceases.

"This isn't a case where we've reached the end," she said. "There remains a lot of activity in this case."

And there is still hope. "There has to be hope, for Zenya and Abby's sake," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2014, 09:28:53 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140408/NEWS/140409314

April 08. 2014 8:28AM

Six months later, Abigail's disappearance still a mystery

By DAN SEUFERT

Abigail Hernandez, 15, of Conway, will have been missing six months on Wednesday. (COURTESY RUBEN HERNANDEZ)

CONWAY – On Wednesday, Abigail Hernandez will have been missing for six months.

But family members, friends, and law enforcement investigators still believe Hernandez, 15, is alive somewhere, and may be held against her will.

A few weeks after her disappearance, Abigail's mother, Zenya Hernandez, received a letter from her daughter. Law enforcement officials are still not planning on releasing the contents of the letter.

"We've exploited everything we could in terms of investigations with that letter," said the FBI's Kieran Ramsey, one of the lead investigators in the case.

Ramsey said police investigators in recent weeks have found "new investigative avenues" in the missing person case and are pursuing them. The FBI's $20,000 reward for information leading to Abigail's whereabouts still stands, he said.

"We don't generally do things by the calendar, but we are acutely aware that it has been six months," he said. "We aren't giving up."

Her father, Ruben Hernandez, last week said he continues to pray for his daughter's return.

"We are coming up on half a year and I am not giving up hope," Hernandez said. "I continue to pray that Abby is safe and that she will contact me."

Abigail's sister, Sarah Hernandez, 18, made a statement Monday that she hopes Abigail will see.

"I want Abby to know I really love her and miss her," Sarah Hernandez said.

The two girls' mother, Zenya Hernandez, said Monday that she is having a private gathering with close friends and family at her home to mark the six-month anniversary of Abigail's disappearance.

"I just pray that Abby is OK," Zenya Hernandez said.

"We will never stop looking for her. We will never lose hope. Abby is all we think and talk about. We really, really miss her and just want to see her again."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: April 24, 2014, 08:08:14 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1409880689250852&id=100006868020962&stream_ref=10

Ruben Hernandez
December 25, 2013

December 25, 2013

My Dearest Abby,

I would like to wish you a very Merry and Blessed Christmas.

I was so happy and relieved when I heard that your mother received a letter from you. It was answered prayer that you are OK. It gave me so much hope, and I know that a lot of people who are very worried about you were also happy and relieved to hear that you contacted your mother. I have been hoping and praying that I am going to hear from you. Please write to me Sweetheart. There isn’t anything in this world that I want more than to receive a letter or a phone call from you. It would be the second greatest Christmas gift that I could ever hope to receive. The first would be you coming home.

If you do write to me, and want it kept private just say so and I will respect that, and I will not make it public. I will only share it with AG Jane Young, and I am sure that she would also respect your privacy.

I am also hoping that you were able to read the letter that I posted on Facebook and the letters from your mother, as well as all of the pleas from the press conferences.

Abby I am assuming that you did run away. And as I said in my first letter it is very important for you to you know that nobody is angry with you, and you are not in any trouble. Everybody is very worried about you and we all want you to come home.

Sweetheart, I have noticed that in all of the pleas that have gone out, from your mother and the authorities, something has not been mentioned or considered. And that is the possibility that you may not want to return to whatever it is that you ran away from. Sweetheart I don’t know if that’s the case. I’m just throwing things out there. I'm trying to explore other possibilities. Whatever the reason is we can work it out. No matter what it is.

If you feel that you are in some kind of trouble you know deep down in your heart that you can come to me, and I will help you get through it. Again no matter what it is. And whatever you want kept private, will be kept private.

Circumstances have drastically changed, and I believe that whatever it takes to bring you home will be considered, and taken very serious. I have always known you to be a very intelligent and reasonable young lady, even when you were a child, and I am sure that whatever you would like to see changed is reasonable. Abby please find a way to contact me, and tell me what your wishes are. What would you like to see happen?

When you are ready to return and if necessary I will hire a lawyer to protect you from the media, and whoever else you may want protection from. I don’t know if you feel that you need protection, but in case you do you will have it. I will do my best to do whatever it takes, within the law of course, to make that happen. And that’s a promise.

Abby, I have always hoped that you understood that when you and Sarah were growing up and the times we were together, why lying no matter how big or small was never allowed. Not only because lying is wrong, but also because I wanted you both to know that I would never lie to you. I never have, and I never will. It was and still is very important to me for you both to know that you can always trust me. Trust me now when I tell you that I will try to do whatever it takes to see that you get whatever it is that you want, or need to get you to come home. All I ever wanted is for you and Sarah to be happy.

I am also considering the possibility that you may not be happy in your current situation. Maybe things have not turned out like you had hoped, or planned. You may be having second thoughts. If you are having second thoughts please know that you do have other options. f

Please contact me Sweetheart. Use whatever means you wish. You can phone me or send me a letter. If you don’t want to say anything at least let me know that you are OK by using the Bible scripture that I mentioned in my previous letter. In case you did not read it here it is again:
“It can be a simple message like posting your favorite Bible scripture (Book, chapter and verse.) It’s the one that you also used as your password.” In case you forgot the Bible verse here’s another option. Remember the children’s story you wrote that we tried to get published? Just say the name of the main character. Or just tell me the letter that the character’s name begins with.

Of course I am going to have a lot of questions, but I promise that I will try not to ask. I will just wait for you to tell me whatever you want me to know, when you are ready. Again I will respect your privacy.

I love you and I miss you. And more than anything, I want and need to at least know that you are OK. If you are able please let me know that much.

Abby there is something that can’t be avoided. And that is if you do decide to contact me and want to return I will have to let the authorities know. Again I promise that I will do my best to keep you out of the media, if that is what you want.

I will only contact Jane Young, and maybe Kieran Ramsey of the FBI, and I am confident that they will agree to respect your privacy. Of course I can’t speak for them, but I do know that would also like to see you come home. But at some point they will have to go public, but hopefully it will be on your terms.

After some time has passed, and when you’re ready we will release a statement to the media. This would be for the benefit of those who cared, and put in all the time and effort into finding you. I’m sure that as some point you will want to let them know that you are OK, and to thank them. You won’t have to appear in public if you don’t want to. Again it will be on your terms.

Sweetheart do you remember when it was my parenting time and we would pray together before you went to bed? I hope that you are continuing to pray and are praying often. Abby please never give up on the Lord. I know you love Him, and I hope that you will always have faith, and will always trust in Him.

This is my daily prayer for you:
"Heavenly Father, I lift Abby to you and ask that wherever she is that she is safe, and is being cared for. I pray that she is not mistreated, and is not suffering. If she is with someone that they would care for her, as if she was their own daughter. I pray that You give them the desire to do the right thing and return her to us. I pray that she is warm, has nourishing food, shelter, and clean clothing. Please Lord, let her know that I love her and miss her, and I want her to come home. And place it in her heart and make a way for her to contact me. Please Father God, send your Angels to place a hedge of protection around her, and allow her to feel their presence. I also ask that you strengthen me, and Abby and help us not to doubt. To have faith and to completely trust in You. I ask these things in the precious name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen."

I love you and I miss you Sweetheart, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Merry Christmas with love,
DAD

https://www.facebook.com/michelle.buswell1/posts/10202840687808093?comment_id=6961629&offset=0&total_comments=1

Mary-Jane O'Neill I'm very upset that the Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez page has decided to delete Ruben Hernandez's letter to his daughter, Abby. Isn't the idea of this page to help bring Abby home? Maybe his letter could have helped to serve this purpose. What a huge disappointment!!! For those of you that haven't seen his letter, I have attached the link. Please share my status in hopes that Abby will see her dad's letter and return home.
December 26, 2013 at 12:40pm

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006868020962

Ruben Hernandez
April 20

April 20, 2014

My Dearest Abby,

I would like to wish you a Happy Resurrection Day.

It’s almost been seven months that you’ve been gone, and we all continue to worry about you. You are not and never will be forgotten, and I will never give up hope that you will return. I continue to pray that you are safe, and that you're doing OK.

Once we hit the six month mark that you went missing I decided to take a leap of faith by writing a letter to your Mother requesting full custody of you. She said that she needs to think and pray about it. I will pray about it too. She also said that she could not make this decision without your input.
Abby I would also like to have your input, and the only way that I can think of to get it is to write this letter and hope that you will be able to read it and respond. It seems that your Mother could be leaving this decision up to you, so for now I’ll just wait and hope for a positive answer from her. If this is something that you don’t want then I will withdraw my request. I only want what’s best for you, and for you to be happy.

Abby it’s important that you understand my reason for wanting custody. Since a letter was received from you it became obvious that you ran away. And that raises the question what did you run away from? Only you can answer that but I am guessing that you ran away from your home life. And I can’t stop thinking that maybe what you need is an alternative home life to return to. I can provide that alternative home life. If I’m right about this and you do want me to have custody and if I am able to get it you will have options, such as where you want to live and how you want to continue your education. You will have a say in all of this. I am willing to try whatever I can for you to return to us, and I will do whatever it takes to make that happen.

Sweetheart I also want you to know how much you are loved and missed. You are always on my mind and I want to say to you again that you are not in any trouble and nobody is upset with you. I am not upset with you. If you ran away on your own or if someone helped you it doesn’t matter. When you are ready to return it will be on your terms.

I am still considering the possibility that you may not be happy in your current situation, and that you could be having second thoughts. Maybe things have not turned out like you planned, and you may feel that you have gotten yourself into something that you can’t get out of. You may be feeling trapped, and that there is no way out. But please know that you are not trapped, and there is always a way out. I will help you anyway that I can.

I can imagine how you must be feeling by now. You may feel that you cannot return to the area having to face everyone, especially after all of the media attention. You may feel that you will be pressured to answer a lot of questions that you may not want to answer. I could be wrong about this and I hope that I am. But if I'm not wrong I want you to know that you don’t have to feel this way because you will not be judged, and you will not be pressured. So please don’t let this stop you from wanting to come home. You are loved and missed and we all just want you back. And you won’t have to answer any questions or face anyone until you are ready. When you’re ready to talk it will be in your time and on your terms.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to protect you from the media and from anyone else that you may want protection from. You will not be placed in the spotlight unless you want to be.

Please Sweetheart, find a way to contact me. If and when you are ready to come home please don’t hesitate to call me, and I will come and pick you up no matter where or what time it is. Or call me to just to talk. In case you don’t remember my phone numbers you can call me at (603) 374-3617. This is a private number dedicated for your use only, and I am going to ask everyone to respect that. I am confident that they will out of respect for you and your privacy.

Call me anytime 24/7. I always have my phone with me so call anytime. If you don’t want me to tell anyone I won’t. But please understand that we will have to notify the authorities, but only when you feel comfortable and ready to talk to them. I promise not to tell anyone else until you say it's OK. After you return and some time has passed, and when you’re ready we will release a statement for the benefit of those who cared, and put in all the time and effort into finding you. We will let them know that you are OK, and thank them all. You will not have to appear in public if you don’t want to.

Sweetheart I have also considered the possibility that you may not want to return. I hope that’s not the case but if it is I will try to understand and respect it. But I hope that you realize that you only have about two and a half years left before you turn eighteen. After that you will legally be able to go wherever you want. Either way I hope that you will still contact me.

If you call I promise that I will not pressure you about anything. I just want to hear from you. I would love to hear your voice, and I would also love to get a letter from you, so please call or write to me, at least to let me know that you are OK. If you prefer to write and don’t remember my address just mail it to me at General Delivery.

Please call me Abby. It doesn’t matter what time it is or where I happen to be. I will drop everything to meet you wherever it is, and I promise that I won’t flood you with questions. I will wait until you are ready to tell me what you want me to know, and when you want me to know it.

Tell me whatever you would like to see happen and I will do everything that I can to make it happen.

There is so much more I want to say to you but for now I will save it for when I see you.

Please stay in prayer and always remember that God loves you. I pray that you will continue to have faith and trust in Him, and I will too.

I love you and I miss you Sweetheart and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Happy Resurrection Day with Love,
DAD

"Christ is Risen!"

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2014, 08:12:17 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140424/NEWS07/140429539

April 23. 2014 8:51PM

Abigail Hernandez’ mother: She did not run away

By DAN SEUFERT

CONWAY — The mother of 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez, who has been missing for more than six months, issued an appeal to the public on Wednesday saying her daughter is not a runaway.

Abigail’s father, Ruben Hernandez, wrote an open letter to his daughter on his Facebook page Sunday saying he had taken a “leap of faith by writing a letter to your mother requesting full custody of you.”

He also said that after Abigail contacted her mother once by a letter soon after her disappearance, “it became obvious that (she) ran away.” The contents in the letter have not been released by investigators.

Zenya Hernandez does not believe her daughter has run away. She and Abigail had plans for the days after she disappeared and had plans for the weekend after.

“There were so many things that happened that don’t make sense, like she bought two songs on iTunes the day before she disappeared and she never downloaded them,” Zenya Hernandez said Wednesday, On the Bring Abby Home Facebook page, friends posted the following message about the feelings of Zenya Hernandez and Abigail’s sister, Sarah: “Zenya and Sarah do not believe Abby ran away. The circumstances of Abby’s disappearance are not known, Abby’s whereabouts are not known. We continue to search for her daily,” the message said.

“We ask that anyone with any information to please contact Conway Police Department at 603-356-5715, or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI,” friends wrote.

“This is a high-pressure situation for all involved, and any judgments, opinions or consents, are done under extreme stress … Zenya will continue to do whatever it takes to bring Abby home safely.”

dseufert@newstote.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2014, 08:20:25 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1405656979673223&id=100006868020962&stream_ref=10

Ruben Hernandez

December 11, 2013

Good Morning Dan,

Thank you for doing this story on Abby.
What I can tell you about her has to start with her best quality. And that’s the person that she is.
She is very kind, and considerate of others. She loves the Lord, and was saved and baptized.
Her inner beauty matches her outer beauty. She is a very unique individual. She is brilliant, and very talented.
She is also a great writer. She started to write stories around the age of 7. If you were to read some of the things she wrote back then you would think that it was written by a grown up. She created a character, and wrote a children’s story that we tried to get published. I would like to help her continue to pursue that.
And she is an amazing photographer. About five years ago she took some incredible pictures of her pet snail “Mr. Whiskers”.
She likes to play golf. You should see her golf swing. She has the makings of a pro.
She is a musician, plays the guitar, and the clarinet. She also likes to travel. She is very competitive. Likes to play chess, card games, and board games. Our favorite is “Sorry”.
She also likes to cook, and bake. She makes the best scones. Some of her favorite foods are Arroz con Pollo, and steak. I spoiled her, and her sister Sarah on Fillet Mignon. Medium rare.
Dan I could go on and on about Abby, but I know you have a deadline, and there is not enough room in your newspaper.
I hope this answers some of your questions about my amazing Daughter. I am continuing to hope and pray that she is safe, and being cared for. She deserves to be loved and cared for. And I will continue to trust in the Lord that he will return her to us.

God bless you Dan for doing this story.

And help yourself to the photos.

Sincerely,
Ruben Hernandez

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2014, 08:30:13 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203009218579153&set=o.370102969789905&type=1&theater

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2014, 10:06:34 AM »

http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140508/NEWS07/140509054

May 08. 2014 10:03PM

Mother boosts reward for Abigail's return by $10,000

By DAN SEUFERT

Abigail Hernandez and a friend in what her mother said is the last photo taken of her daughter before she disappeared Oct. 9. (COURTESY ZENYA HERNANDEZ)

CONWAY – The mother of Abigail Hernandez, the 15-year-old Kennett High School freshman who has been missing since Oct. 9, is now offering $10,000 of her own money for information leading to her daughter's return.

Zenya Hernandez said she decided to add the additional reward money – the FBI has a $20,000 reward offered – to create a greater reward for someone who can bring her daughter home.

She also released an email address, zenyanh@gmail.com, a standard mail address (P.O. Box 718, Glen, NH 03838) and her phone number, 603-733-5195. She also released what she said is “the last photo taken of Abby” taken at school, three hours before she was last seen.

“It's been seven months. Abby is not here, but she is somewhere. We need someone to come forward and help us find her,” Hernandez said.

The $10,000 reward is specifically “for information leading to the safe return of Abigail to her home. This information must be concrete, specific, actionable, and lead to Abby's return home,” she said.

“There is somebody who has some knowledge or a hint, but thinks that it's not significant, or who is afraid or hesitant to come forward. All tips, leads, and clues are anonymously followed up on, no matter how vague or insignificant.”

“One of these leads/tips can, and will lead to Abby's coming home, and then $10,000 will be paid by her mom, in addition to the $20,000 offered by the FBI,” she said in a news released.

“We don't believe that Abby ran away, and that she would be able to survive on her own for this long,” Hernandez said. “We don't know if Abby is alive at this time, or if she is safe. She has never run away before. There were no indications that she planned to run away.”

“When we say ‘Abby Come Home,' we mean that we welcome Abby unconditionally and with open arms. However, we do not assume that Abby has the ability to come and go on her own free will.”

“We ask that nothing is assumed at this time, but that people out there remain vigilant. We hope that somebody recognizes Abby, or that somebody knows something about her whereabouts, or who she is with.

Abigail Hernandez and a friend in what her mother said is the last photo taken of her daughter before she disappeared Oct. 9. (COURTESY ZENYA HERNANDEZ)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2014, 09:03:56 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1449923105246610&id=100006868020962

Ruben Hernandez
8 hours ago

In the WMUR article on October 17, 2013 “$20K Reward Offered in Case of Missing Girl” Associate Attorney General Jane Young stated: "Sometimes money is a motivator for individuals, and we are going to use any motivator we can to find Abby."

On that same day WCSH6 Portland posted the article “Reward Offered for Missing Conway, NH Teen” stating:
“Abigail Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez disappeared from Conway last week, and despite hundreds of tips from the public, police and FBI agents hope the $20,000 reward may help motivate someone to come forward with the information they need to solve this case. The reward is for any information that leads to the safe return of Abigail Hernandez or leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for her disappearance.”

I am very grateful to Zenya and to the FBI for offering their respective rewards, and I agree with the motivation approach. So to add to the motivation I am matching the two amounts by offering an additional $30,000 bringing the total reward to $60,000 for any information that leads to Abby’s safe return.

Ruben Hernandez

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/bringabbyhome/posts/233330803540798

Bring Abby Home
May 15

Hello Everyone. We wanted to address the deletion of the Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez facebook page, so everyone knows the real reasoning behind it coming down. We have had a lot of issues with the admin on that page deleting info, facts, potential leads and honest, good, people who only wanted to help. Zenya's personal posts, regarding important information, were being modified, leaving out important links and falsifying information to law enforcement. The admin was and is NOT a family friend, as stated under the page description. It was decided, in the BEST INTEREST of the case, to have the page removed. We appreciate all of the continued support and help in our search for Abby. Thanks. -Amanda, Paul and Zenya

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2014, 03:04:07 PM »

Interesting

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2014, 08:36:34 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/zenya.hernandez.5/posts/1453651841543224

Zenya Hernandez
17 mins ·

We love Abby and will never stop looking. When the letter from Abby came, there was a piece in my heart that thought that Abby was alive. Now, we have not heard anything for some time, and have overwhelming fear of not knowing, if she is alive or not. We are looking for some answers.
There are hundreds of leads called in and emailed in. What we don't have is the lead that tells us what we want the most, and that is, the definitive proof that Abby is alive.

Abby's disappearance had a profound impact on her family and friends. Sarah is sad and distraught. We are devastated. Our lives stopped. We are searching.

Abby is such a compassionate person. Before she disappeared, she always stayed in touch. If I called her, and if she missed that call, she'd get back within minutes, and say how sad she felt that she made me worry. Now it's been months, and we haven't heard anything.

We miss Abby beyond what words can describe. We dream that one day we see her, and give her the biggest hug ever.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2014, 10:46:54 AM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140710/NEWS07/140719829

Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope
By DAN SEUFERT
Published Jul 10, 2014 at 8:09 pm (Updated Jul 10, 2014)

CONWAY — On Zenya Hernandez’s Facebook page Wednesday was a picture of four blocks with the letters “H-O-P-E” on them.

Her daughter, Abigail, 15, disappeared on Oct. 9. Wednesday marked nine months since Abigail’s last sighting as she walked in the direction of her home from Kennett High School, where she was a freshman.

“I miss her so much,” Zenya Hernandez said Thursday. “I am sending Abby a message of hope and to stay strong. We love Abby, and miss her beyond what words can describe.”

Law enforcement, who report no new leads in the case, have expressed great worry about Abigail’s whereabouts. They haven’t disclosed the details of a letter from Abigail to her mother a few weeks after her disappearance, but have said they fear she is being detained against her will.

Her mother is not giving up the search.

“We are not giving up hope. Abby always stayed in touch and didn’t want us to worry. We pray that we see her again,” Zenya Hernandez said.

“Hope waxes and wanes, and sometimes it’s almost gone, and sometimes, we have surges of hope. Before my birthday, I had a surge of hope, but then, it died off. We are not giving up. We just want to see Abby again.”

“Her last text message was a “heart” and by 3:07 p.m., ALL communication stopped … Asking everyone to be extra-vigilant, wherever you live. Look at your neighbors, church members, people at the stores. Anyone with a young girl, fitting Abby’s description, needs to be reported immediately!”

There is a $60,000 reward being offered for information leading to her discovery. Anyone with information is asked to call 1-800-CALL-FBI.

dseufert@newstote.com

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2014, 04:02:39 PM »

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new-hampshire/2014/07/21/missing-teen-reunited-with-family/b9Z9VG4Ef8hamLM10VzdyN/story.html
Missing N.H. Teen Reunited with Family
July 21, 2014

Abigail Hernandez, the New Hampshire teen who went missing nine months ago, has been found and was reunited with her family on July 20.

New Hampshire Disctrict Attorney Joseph A. Foster reported in a press release that Hernandez is home safe, and that details of her disappearance are being investigated.

In December, Hernandez wrote a letter home to her mother. It remains unclear how she disappeared and where she has been since October, 2013

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2014, 05:51:47 PM »

Great news! 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2014, 06:25:49 PM »

I just saw the news!  AWESOME, so thankful she's home and safe!   

http://www.wmur.com/news/missing-n-conway-girl-back-home-safely/27073182#!bjqKYk

Missing N. Conway girl back home safely
Abigail Hernandez reported missing in October
UPDATED 6:25 PM EDT Jul 21, 2014

NORTH CONWAY, N.H. —A 15-year-old North Conway girl missing since October has returned home safely, officials announced Monday.

The Attorney General's Office said Abigail Hernandez was safely reunited with her family Sunday evening.

The facts and circumstances surrounding her disappearance are still being investigated, and officials said few details were going to be released at this time.

"We're just happy to see her home safe and sound, but we still want to understand how that came about and what the circumstances were," said FBI special agent Kieran Ramsey.

Associate Attorney General Jane Young said Abby was in good condition. She said this is an ongoing criminal investigation, and officials want to know what happened.

"This was a 14-year-old who went missing for nine months. She did not do this on her own," Young said. "This is still a child. This child did not have the ability to survive on her own."

The Hernandez family has requested privacy. Zenya Hernandez, Abby's mother, told law enforcement officers, "Today, we are the happiest people on earth."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2014, 11:04:36 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/bringabbyhome/photos/a.176585195882026.1073741829.171904689683410/251374668403078/?type=1

Bring Abby Home

7 mins ·

*Please SHARE*
Day 287. Abby IS HOME!! She is safely home with her mom and sister and is resting. Zenya is beyond relieved, over joyed and soooooo happy! Again, we want to thank everyone for everything. Your shares, posts, hanging fliers. Your support and encouragement helped to keep us going. LE is planning on doing a press release tomorrow and I will post video as soon as its available. Thank you again!!!! We have her home!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.