March 29, 2024, 12:49:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "OBAMA DEMANDS $1.1 TRILLION RANSOM--OR HE WILL CRASH GLOBAL ECONOMY"  (Read 1196 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 14, 2013, 08:32:03 PM »

You just can't make this stuff up!

President Barack Obama is demanding a $1.1 trillion "ransom"--or else he will not allow the debt ceiling to be raised. That's the effective offer on the table from the president and Senate Democrats. They have now refused to pass a "clean" short-term debt ceiling hike unless Republicans agree to reverse the "sequester" spending cuts in the 2011 Budget Control Act that were enacted--at Obama's suggestion--to end the last debt ceiling crisis.
The president, who has invited congressional leaders to conduct talks at the White House Monday afternoon, still continues to insist that he "will not pay a ransom for Congress reopening the government and raising the debt limit." Yet he and his party are the ones insisting on a "ransom," now that Republicans appear to be in the mood to compromise after opinion poll results last week showed them losing politically in the showdown.
Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) has claimed that the sequester dispute means that Democrats and Republicans are only $70 billion apart in budget negotiations. That is a blatant lie, as the total value of the sequester over ten years is $1.1 trillion. Democrats do not want a reprieve for one year--they want the entire sequester canceled so that they can continue spending on such priorities as the annual cowboy poetry festival in Nevada.

I don't feel richer or better off for Obama's previous $7 TRILLION in debt he forced onto my back.  Who is better off in this nation?  Anyone?  Illegals?  Veterans?  Social Security recipients?

read more here - http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/14/Obama-Demands-1-1-Trillion-Ransom-to-Save-Economy

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 09:00:16 PM »

I'm much better off since Obama has taken office and starting next year, my insurance premiums will go down by nearly $400 per month (and I make too much money to qualify for subsidies, that's just the lower negotiated rate).  

So, I'm very happy. 

There are thousands of people just like me, in fact I'd say the majority of Americans are like me and that's why Obama was re-elected.
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 04:13:47 PM »

The DEBT CEILING:  Approaching $17 Trillion, the Debt Ceiling is the
Credit Card LIMIT.

SEQUESTER:  A CUT in FUTURE spending.  There are automatic rises in spending which have been cut.

NATIONAL DEBT:  Annual outgo.  What we take in, against what we owe yearly.

BUDGET:  Itemized amounts of money authorized to be paid out over the year.

CR:  Can/Road = Kicking can down the road = *Continuing Resolution* = CR

There hasn't been a budget for years.  We have been limping from CR to CR. Our National Debt is up about 1.5 T a year because of spending.  If we raise the Debt Ceiling, we will bounce right up to the limit, again.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.