April 18, 2024, 03:04:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'WHAT THE HELL KIND OF REFORM IS THIS?'  (Read 2347 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 15, 2013, 07:40:30 PM »

"KOS DIARIST GETS OBAMACARE BILL: 'WHAT THE HELL KIND OF REFORM IS THIS?'"

Over at the hard-left Daily Kos, diarist Tirge Caps, who has a years-long history as a reliable left-wing Daily Kos diarist, lashed out at ObamaCare. After receiving a notice that said his monthly health insurance premiums will nearly double, Caps writes, "I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any f***ing penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?"

My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don't go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife's rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any f***ing penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?

Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don't qualify, anyway, so what's the point?

read more here - http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/15/daily-kos-diarist-lashes-out-at-obamacare

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 07:44:22 PM »

The notice from Kaiser came in the mail about ten days ago.

Luke Donavan’s health insurance premiums were going up. A lot.

Donavan, 41 of San Francisco, is self-employed and buys his own health insurance. Currently he pays $841 per month for insurance for himself, his wife and three young children. Effective Jan. 1, that’s going up to $1,000, with a higher deductible.

Donavan says he voted for Obama in both elections and calls himself a “big proponent” of the health law. He has a pretty calm demeanor and says he was “surprised” by this news from Kaiser.

“I just keep coming back to the name ‘Affordable Care Act,’” he said. “I thought I’d pay the same or less for better coverage.”

read more here - http://blogs.kqed.org/stateofhealth/2013/10/04/obamacare-downside-reports-of-premiums-going-up/

"Obamacare Doctor Rationing Begins in California"

The latest bad news for the Affordable Care Act comes from California, a state that the Obama administration has consistently pointed to as an important indicator of the law’s success. President Barack Obama even traveled to the Golden State in June to tout the health-care law’s success at “pushing down costs” for consumers. Unfortunately, several analyses have recently revealed that because of Obamacare individual health insurance premiums are headed anywhere but down for California residents.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Californians will actually be paying more for less because of the “Affordable” Care Act. From the article:

The doctor can't see you now.

Consumers may hear that a lot more often after getting health insurance under President Obama’s Affordable Care Act.

To hold down premiums, major insurers in California have sharply limited the number of doctors and hospitals available to patients in the state's new health insurance market opening Oct. 1.

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/09/18/obamacare_doctor_rationing_begins_in_california_119983.html#ixzz2hq09Imzd

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 07:48:59 PM »

For John Lonergan, of San Francisco, those changes mean his current Kaiser individual plan will no longer be available to him. And if he wants a similar Kaiser policy, those added benefits will bump his costs 39 percent higher, from $625 a month to $931 in 2014.

read more here - http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Health-insurance-shoppers-suffer-sticker-shock-4872701.php

When private insurers raised rates by 5%, people screamed, politicians screamed..10%, 30%...

Where is the outrage at a raise of 39% thank to Obamacare?

jmho

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 09:41:33 PM »

The only people that are having problems are the ones that previously had super high deductible bare bones insurance policies.  People like me that paid thru the nose for full coverage previously will be saving money.  In my case 3-4 hundred per month depending upon which policy I choose. 
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 05:00:57 AM »

The only people that are having problems are the ones that previously had super high deductible bare bones insurance policies.  People like me that paid thru the nose for full coverage previously will be saving money.  In my case 3-4 hundred per month depending upon which policy I choose. 

Maybe they wanted a basic major medical?  Maybe they wanted to save money?

Perhaps they don't need all the bells and whistles, excess coverage, and want to manage their day to day medical expenses?

Why should someone lose choice?  A good plan that meets their needs?

Why should anyone have their money taxed, stolen, confiscated to pay for something they do not need, do not want, can't afford? 

One person's bare bones policy may be someone else's major medical plan. 

Maybe everyone doesn't want a rich benefits plan?  Doesn't want to subsidize excess medical care for others?  Doesn't want to write a blank check to the medical industry?

I think in the end, it comes down to stealing money from everday working people and giving it to profit mongers and people who want another free handout.

It what world is it ever fair and just to steal thousands of dollars from people?  Families?  Calling it 'healthcare' makes it ok to steal?

just my humble opinions.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 12:46:43 PM »

Well, Tirge Caps of the Daily Kos, you have more to learn.

Caps is going to go without insurance?  He will incur a penalty for not having insurance.  He's not concerned.  Wait 'til he finds out the penalty is the GREATER of about $95 OR 1% of income.  Next time, the penalty is 1.5%, and the % goes up.

What does he get for this?  Nothing! 

Meanwhile, he and his wife will go without insurance.  One serious accident, or illness, might push him into poverty (or near poverty) for years.

One Democrat (in this area) said, "I'll just wait until something happens, then sign up."  Nope, that won't work, either.  Sign up, or go without.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 01:06:36 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/15/daily-kos-diarist-lashes-out-at-obamacare

Barack Obama, the Democrats, and the media did a marvelous job covering up the horrors of ObamaCare during its passage and straight through the 2012 election.

More surprises to come.  NO ONE has any idea what is in the thousands and thousands of pages regulating US. 

Let's hope they don't require us to give up a kidney for the cause.  After all, we don't need that extra kidney and someone else does.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 01:33:20 PM »

Consider the people who have lost their jobs.  You may be happy right now; but, what do you have?  You have the "promise" you will be saving money next year.  What about the following year?  What happens if your hours are reduced, or your job is gone?  This is happening all around the country, and there will be more of it in 2014.

What happens when there is only one company for insurance in each State.  Then, they triple your premium.  You have no place to go.  (Well, unless you move to a State with lower premiums.)  The people will probably scream for government help/single-payer/government healthcare.

Then you are trapped in the system.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »

http://reason.com/24-7/2013/10/16/delaware-announces-first-obamacare-enrol

Delaware Announces First Obamacare Enrollee

October 16, 2013

It took seven hours of waiting on the phone and sitting in front of her computer,...

Sixteen days into Obamacare and some people can't sign up yet!

Will it be that long before you can get treatment?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.