May 30, 2024, 12:48:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #505 8/03 - 8/04/2006  (Read 149932 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2006, 05:00:58 PM »

We must remain calm and remember that the judge is ruling only on jurisdiction.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2006, 05:03:14 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
There's more than 1 way to skin a Sloot.

Options remain. Let's hear JQK.

I have confidence in JQK and also have confidence in knowledge that truth always comes forward regardless of the efforts of criminals to hide the truth.
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2006, 05:04:16 PM »

Take Heart My Monkeys!

We will find another way.

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2006, 05:05:16 PM »

I will see you all later -  Crying or Very sad !!!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2006, 05:05:18 PM »

Ono, I know your right but gosh would you feel the same if they sued Beth and Dave and won?  I guess I just don't trust our courts and I know I don't trust Arubans..  I have seen some many things happen in this case that I can't believe happen.. CONFLICT OF INTEREST...  I guess I'm not that big an avocate of the courts..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2006, 05:05:22 PM »

From Heli at RU:

Tacopina Re Dismissal of Civil Suit Aug 3 TRANSCRIPT

Tucker Carlson interview with Joe Tacopina

NOT VERBATIM NOT COMPLETE

Tucker: Breaking news that the civil suit filed by the Holloway family against Paul and Joran van der Sloot has been dropped. Joining me on the telephone is Joe Tacopina, the attorney for the van der Sloots.

Joe

Let me correct something, it hasn't been dropped, it's been dismissed. The Supreme Court in New York heard arguments on May 17, we argued it had no connection or nexus to NY and wasn't appropriately litigated here.

Justice Kapnick rendered her ruling and has dismissed the case. This litigation is over.

Tucker:

For those who haven't been following this case, it means the story is over, Joran didn't do it in the eyes of the government?

Joe

Joran didn't do it,.. the new investigation in Aruba has been a breath of fresh air, they moved off of Joran and opened their eyes to other evidence...there's plenty of evidence that exonorates Joran.

It means that the Holloways civil suit filed in NY against Paul and Joran has been dismissed and it's all over. The only thing left is the resolution for the family in Aruba where they still continue to do a criminal investigation, but it's the end of the line for Joran

Tucker:

Is there still a criminal investigaiton going on?

Joe

SUpposedly, it's not been a very competent investigation, they arrest and release very casually in Aruba ....

Tucker

I've been afraid to go there

Joe:

It's a scary thing, you arrest ppl when you have evidence but not ...it seems to be the order of the day in Aruba. They started the investigation with blinders on, they were right to suspect Joran initially because he was the last known person to be with her, but there was plenty of evidence early on that pointed in other directions

Tucker

Where is Joran, is he in this country or in Aruba. What's he going to do now?

Joe

Hopefully, recover form this. It's not easy, he's a 17 year old boy that people have slandered and libeled, accused him of being a murderer and a predator... He's an honour student in the Netherlands, he's with his famly now...hopefully this is the first step in Joran getting on with his life ...

Tucker:

He's not in Aruba?

Joe

He's back and forth, his family lives in Aruba. I don't really want to say whre he is, because somebody might want to play Charles Bronson. He's having fun with his friends, going to school and holding out hope that there's something to be one in this case that gives the Holloway family some solace.

From me:  Hey Joe T...I know where Joran is, he's partying and having a blast in Aruba.

terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2006, 05:07:51 PM »

If this wasn't so sad, it wouldn't be believed in the real world..  I wished that I could not feel so strongly that Joran and the PIMPS killed Natalee but I do..  I feel I'm very logical but all the paths come back to these main characters..  Well I will go for now and I hope we hear something positive but what?
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

I know Easy said it earlier, but the timing of the ruling is almost surreal!!

Bring Natalee home...
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2006, 05:15:22 PM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
If this wasn't so sad, it wouldn't be believed in the real world..  I wished that I could not feel so strongly that Joran and the PIMPS killed Natalee but I do..  I feel I'm very logical but all the paths come back to these main characters..  Well I will go for now and I hope we hear something positive but what?

They can make all the rulings they want and I will still say that Joran Van der Sloot killed Natalee and the Aruban government helped him cover it up.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2006, 05:17:35 PM »

Yes.. a very very long time ago Arlene indicated that if the case were closed the family could get access to all of the files.  Anyone else remember this?  Course, no doubt the rules have changed... but it would be interesting reading.  

Wonder how many shredders ALE has?  Sorry to be so cynical... just don't trust them any further than I can throw them.  

Well, maybe the boys will get cocky, drunk and someone will slip.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2006, 05:18:07 PM »

He's back and forth, his family lives in Aruba. I don't really want to say whre he is, because somebody might want to play Charles Bronson.

PALEASE!!! if only we could get so lucky!!! Thats crap that Joran is the victim!!! He is the predator!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2006, 05:18:54 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"

Yes.. a very very long time ago Arlene indicated that if the case were closed the family could get access to all of the files.  Anyone else remember this?  Course, no doubt the rules have changed... but it would be interesting reading.  

Wonder how many shredders ALE has?  Sorry to be so cynical... just don't trust them any further than I can throw them.  

I'm hoping we see JQK on air tonight giving us some hints about those options. Wink
JA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2006, 05:20:13 PM »

This is so sad.  I feel so bad for the H/T families.  How many times can they be slapped in the face like this?

The timing makes me wonder too.  I can only imagine Joran's cockiness when he heard this news.  

How can any girls want to even be near him after what he has done?  I don't believe he is innocent for even one second, but just the statement that he has done this at least 20 times before, or that girls have come forward saying they had been sexually assaulted by him, would make me keep clear of him.  What is wrong with these girls?

Koen looks like someone clocked him in the side of the head.

I still wonder where the Sloots are getting all their Money? It seems Joran travels quite a bit back and forth from Holland.  Does he even hold down a PT job?  I wonder if the Kalpoes are having anything to do with him these days.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2006, 05:20:49 PM »

well Monkeys heading to finish up rehab with a very sad heart...will talk to you all tonight.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2006, 05:20:55 PM »

You are right Frijole those files have been tampered with and a lot of information has been thrown away.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2006, 05:21:35 PM »

What an impossible situation this family has had to face over the past year.  They have not been able to catch one single break during this whole fiasco!

What is the latest from Tim Miller?  Is he any closer financially to making one last deep water search?
JA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2006, 05:22:17 PM »

Yes, Arlene will give them access to the files that are "left."  The evidence that is "left."
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2006, 05:24:32 PM »

Quote from: "San"

You are right Frijole those files have been tampered with and a lot of information has been thrown away.[/quote]

Remember the special prosecutor they brought in from Curacao to investigate the investigation???  Haven't heard how that fared for them.  I think it was an excuse to get files off the island. IMHO
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2006, 05:26:02 PM »

Quote from: "San"

You are right Frijole those files have been tampered with and a lot of information has been thrown away.

Remember the special prosecutor they brought in from Curacao to investigate the investigation???  Haven't heard how that fared for them.  I think it was an excuse to get files off the island. IMHO[/quote]
I agree.  That was another BS story by Aruba.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2006, 05:27:44 PM »

Shredders in Aruba?! Why, there are no shredders there! Just as there is no crime, there are no incinerators, and no crematoriums! It's one happy island, remember?  Rolling Eyes

Does anyone have the actual ruling? I want to know if it was dismissed or only ruled that New York is not the proper forum (moved to Alabama?).
Continue to BOYCOTT ARUBA.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.