March 28, 2024, 06:16:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should Alex Rodriguez be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame?  (Voting closed: August 12, 2013, 10:04:09 PM)
Yes - 0 (0%)
No - 6 (100%)
Not Sure - 0 (0%)
Don't Care - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baseball  (Read 7948 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 05, 2013, 10:04:09 PM »

With all the news about the suspension of Alex Rodriguez today I wanted your opinion of whether or not he should be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame when his time comes.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 11:49:59 AM »

I voted no. A-ROD ha been nothing `but a cheat for years.

How many times does some one need to admit they had been taking steroids or PED? He is a fraud. Personally, I think it was some what reprehensible for the Yankee fans to cheer him the other night in his home debut.

It just goes to show how whacked fans are these days. As long as the player plays for their team, so many think its ok. But if they played for another or their bitter rival, they would want them banned from the game.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 10:12:32 PM »

I voted no. A-ROD ha been nothing `but a cheat for years.

How many times does some one need to admit they had been taking steroids or PED? He is a fraud. Personally, I think it was some what reprehensible for the Yankee fans to cheer him the other night in his home debut.

It just goes to show how whacked fans are these days. As long as the player plays for their team, so many think its ok. But if they played for another or their bitter rival, they would want them banned from the game.

Joe Torre in his book he wrote said some of the players called Alex Rodriguez "A-Fraud".  I'd say that's quite fitting.

The crowd was mixed the other night.  Some were cheering and some were booing.  If you read what he said the next day in the NY Post you can see that A-Rod is quite delusional.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 11:10:12 PM »

This is what happens when you hire Joe Tacopina as your lawyer.  The circus only gets bigger.

Alex Rodriguez's lawyer ripped the Yankees in an interview with the New York Times.

BOSTON —

Big headline: Here we go again

Small headline: A-Rod lawyer blasts Yankees; team prez wants Galea medical records released

By KEN DAVIDOFF

BOSTON — Alex Rodriguez promised Friday “a very, very bumpy road” ahead. The Yankees’ beleaguered third baseman has delivered quickly and explosively.

Joseph Tacopina, the latest addition to A-Rod’s ever-changing legal team, publicly lashed out at the Yankees and Major League Baseball in an interview with The New York Times published online Saturday, accusing both of improprieties in an effort to run Rodriguez and his bulky contract out of baseball.

“We have basically had enough,” Tacopina told the newspaper. “The process is being perverted when they act the way they do to make their case. They are pushing Alex to his limit.”

Tacopina unleashed a stream of allegations against Rodriguez’s employer and league, putting a name to thoughts that had been privately circulating around A-Rod’s circle for months. The primary charges involved the Yankees’ treatment of Rodriguez’s left hip injury that required surgical repair in January and MLB investigators’ conduct in compiling the information for the 211-game suspension he is appealing.

“The legacy of George Steinbrenner would be horrified,” Tacopina added. “This is the New York Yankees. This isn’t some thug-culture club.”

Yankees president Randy Levine, the primary recipient of Tacopina’s blasts, responded with a noteworthy challenge for A-Rod to disclose the truth about his performance-enhancing drug use and connection to Anthony Galea. The Canadian sports doctor treated Rodriguez in 2009, which became known to the Yankees only after Galea got into trouble with law-enforcement officials. Galea pleaded guilty last year to bringing unapproved drugs, including illegal performance enhancers, into the United States.

Following the Yankees’ 6-1 loss to the Red Sox at Fenway Park, Rodriguez worked hard to dance around questions about Tacopina’s comments.

“I’m going to defer to my lawyer to go about these matters,” Rodriguez said.

Read More: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/george_steinbrenner_would_yankees_bcvVJKDckyD8fL55AOz2dN
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 11:57:58 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 10:13:45 AM »

Monkey Devil!  Some things (and/or people) never change.

Love it!  Thank you Klaas! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 10:40:37 AM »

Joe Tacopina made a fool of himself on the Today show this morning.  The tables were turned on him when he said to Matt Lauer tell the league to sign a confidentiality release and he would talk about what evidence he had.  Matt Lauer then presented him with an agreement by the league that he received last night for him to sign and he started backtracking.  Matt called his bluff.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/a-rod-lawyer-stumbles-prospect-waiving-confidentiality-article-1.1430722

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 12:27:02 PM »

Joe Tacopina made a fool of himself on the Today show this morning.  The tables were turned on him when he said to Matt Lauer tell the league to sign a confidentiality release and he would talk about what evidence he had.  Matt Lauer then presented him with an agreement by the league that he received last night for him to sign and he started backtracking.  Matt called his bluff.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/a-rod-lawyer-stumbles-prospect-waiving-confidentiality-article-1.1430722

Good on Matt Lauer calling Joe Tacopina's bluff!!     

FWIW, one of the six "no" hall of fame induction votes was mine.  There must be a hall of shame list somewhere. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »

I hear he made quite an ass out of himself again

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 05:51:56 PM »

NO!!!

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 05:57:50 PM »

I think Joe's left eye ball is going to pop out of  its socket

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »

Monkey Devil!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.