May 23, 2024, 03:08:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS # 10  (Read 255931 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1040 on: June 19, 2005, 11:15:04 AM »

Quote from: "Kipster"
>>Also, the attorney for one of the suspects spoke of the horrible conditions of the jail...sleeping on concrete floor, rats, etc.

Ship them up here; we'll accomodate them: no rats, bedrolls & blankets, and 300 lb. cellmates that love fresh meat.  Shocked
love the new picture.....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
azvet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1041 on: June 19, 2005, 11:15:24 AM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
I don't quite understand why Joran's father can't see him just because he is an attorney/judge. Joran's own attorney can see him, right?

Anytime the prosecutor in Aruba introduces new evidence against the person being held, the father has to "re-file" a new motion to see him after this new evidence is accepted. Not sure if he'll see him at all for a long time now that JVS has been transferred to prison.

I don't know if his own attorney can see him or not.  Should hear some more today, since the courts are open on Sundays down there.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a Veteran
jpepling
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1042 on: June 19, 2005, 11:15:29 AM »

The way I understand it, Joran is entitled to have his parents visit because he is a minor, whereas the guards were not.  However, because of his ties to the judicial system, Joran's father was denied the right to visit his son.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1043 on: June 19, 2005, 11:16:59 AM »

i ve never seen such a convulted legal system.. the authorities spend all day defending it.. leave little time to actually search for natalee....

+++

Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1044 on: June 19, 2005, 11:17:23 AM »

Dee Fine: "...An island of misfits."
Caren Janssen: "We don't just want to go in there like cowboys."
Geraldo Rivera: "...I have it from an impeccable source ..."
Hubart Teal (Thiel?) of DiarioAruba and his cockamamie "car chase" story.
Bloggers at this site who think that Colombian sex traffickers, the CIA, or space aliens are involved in this case.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1045 on: June 19, 2005, 11:17:26 AM »

so, why is he not in jail?  

Quote from: "klaasend"
I don't quite understand why Joran's father can't see him just because he is an attorney/judge. Joran's own attorney can see him, right?

Maybe because he is involved in NH's dissappearance? Since Papa Van Sloot was interrigated yesterday 4 hours as a witness!

Yes, I also think that is the REAL reason he can't see Joran.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1046 on: June 19, 2005, 11:18:53 AM »

Quote from: "Rob"

Maybe because he is involved in NH's dissappearance? Since Papa Van Sloot was interrigated yesterday 4 hours as a witness!

father of the year?i dont think so .. there s something wrong with that guy.. did you see him run like oj threw an airport yesterday, as camera s were approaching?

I suspect you might run too!  What was he supossed to do? Do a runway walk so everyone could get a great view of his sadness and desperation?

I doubt he's involved and can't even imagine the pain this family is going through.  They appear to be good, loving parents.  If their son is involved in a big way, how sad for them.  It's not their fault.

I feel bad for the pain all these families are feeling now.  Of course Natalee's family comes first.  But, put yourself in any of these people's shoes.
deepthroat2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1047 on: June 19, 2005, 11:19:21 AM »

saw an earlier post about the possiblility of NH being ALIVE and held in captivity somewhere...

My thoughts on this:  a blonde 18 year old from America could be worth a hundred thousand or more to a "big-wig" in South America.  It is entirely possible that she may be being held under lock and key until the PRESS blows over.  Once the media attention is gone, they can collect.  Not an unlikely scenario for NH being Alive.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1048 on: June 19, 2005, 11:19:48 AM »

papa vd sloot appears at least to me.. to be someone who would go to any length to protect joran.. anyone else got that impression...?

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1049 on: June 19, 2005, 11:20:52 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"

father of the year?i dont think so .. there s something wrong with that guy.. did you see him run like oj threw an airport yesterday, as camera s were approaching?

I suspect you might run too!  What was he supossed to do? Do a runway walk so everyone could get a great view of his sadness and desperation?

I doubt he's involved and can't even imagine the pain this family is going through.  They appear to be good, loving parents.  If their son is involved in a big way, how sad for them.  It's not their fault.

I feel bad for the pain all these families are feeling now.  Of course Natalee's family comes first.  But, put yourself in any of these people's shoes.

yeah and you think michael jackson is  normal..... Shocked

+++

klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1050 on: June 19, 2005, 11:21:24 AM »

papa vd sloot appears at least to me.. to be someone who would go to any length to protect joran.. anyone else got that impression...?

I think the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1051 on: June 19, 2005, 11:22:03 AM »

What is a dad for?  I don't see how you know enough about mr. vandersloot to draw that conclusion  What do you have on him that we don't?  I have seen a few candid shots with his family and he looks like a loving father.  

.  f
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1052 on: June 19, 2005, 11:22:07 AM »

WHAT?!?!
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1053 on: June 19, 2005, 11:23:38 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"

yeah and you think michael jackson is  normal..... :shock:

WHAT?!?!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1054 on: June 19, 2005, 11:23:41 AM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
What is a dad for?  I don't see how you know enough about mr. vandersloot to draw that conclusion  What do you have on him that we don't?  I have seen a few candid shots with his family and he looks like a loving father.  

.  f

a father is someone to guide a son or daughter, to make the right choices in life...

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1055 on: June 19, 2005, 11:25:25 AM »

if that was my kid .. i would have marched him or her right down to the police station and told him .. he better tell them everything about the incident...

+++

CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1056 on: June 19, 2005, 11:25:36 AM »

Joran's original attorney, Antonio Carlo cannot see him either. Carlo spoke to one of the security guards after theri release. That is why Joran now has 2 more attorneys.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1057 on: June 19, 2005, 11:26:20 AM »

.  f

a father is someone to guide a son or daughter, to make the right choices in life...

So, your theory is if you're a good dad, you can't have a kid that gets in trouble?  Huh?  Sounds like the poster the other day who said if you teach your kid right from wrong, they don't get in trouble.  

You must not be a parent!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1058 on: June 19, 2005, 11:26:43 AM »

does nt appear to be a shortage of attorneys on aruba... kinda funny for a place with no "crime"......

+++

iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1059 on: June 19, 2005, 11:26:51 AM »

That is true.  joran is a minor.  dad don't always succeed. Are your kids perfect?   Judge not lest ye be judged  Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.  

n

.  f

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.