April 28, 2024, 12:25:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avonte Oquendo 14 yrs Mute with Autism Last Seen 10/04/13 Long Island City BODY FOUND  (Read 19949 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 11:23:30 AM »

I am confused too...that happens a lot with me...will fix it.

It's really sad there are so many people missing that their cases sometimes overlap or we get them mixed up because they are so similar.  Too many missing and endangered.     It seems like we've been seeing more cases of children with autism reported missing, elders with dementia wandering away and cases of persons with physical or mental challenges reported missing.   They are our most vulnerable.  Thank you for all you do Nut.     Stay warm and have a Happy Thanksgiving. 

The odds of Avonte being found safe aren't good, yet there's always the sweet glimmer of hope. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 01:19:47 PM »

I am confused too...that happens a lot with me...will fix it.

It's really sad there are so many people missing that their cases sometimes overlap or we get them mixed up because they are so similar.  Too many missing and endangered.     It seems like we've been seeing more cases of children with autism reported missing, elders with dementia wandering away and cases of persons with physical or mental challenges reported missing.   They are our most vulnerable.  Thank you for all you do Nut.     Stay warm and have a Happy Thanksgiving. 

The odds of Avonte being found safe aren't good, yet there's always the sweet glimmer of hope. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 05:28:54 AM »

Thanks    and GE

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 05:30:02 AM »

MISS U Muffy  lol

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 09:15:28 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/arm-washes-queens-article-1.1582711
Cops investigate human arm, legs found near Queens shoreline for link to missing teen Avonte Oquendo
The limbs were found near Powell's Cove Blvd. and Endeavor Place in College Point about 7 p.m., police sources said. A sneaker also was found, the sources said, but they could not say whether it belongs to the autistic 14-year-old boy, who went missing more than three months ago.
January 17, 2013

(paid subscription)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 09:17:06 AM »

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/01/human_remains_found_in_queens_police_notified_family_of_missing_nyc_boy_with_autism.html
Human remains found in Queens; family of missing NYC autistic teen notified, report says
January 17, 2014

Authorities in Queens are investigating human remains found next to the East River, WABC-TV reports.

Sources tell Eyewitness News that police have notified the family of 14-year-old Avonte Oquendo, a missing boy with autism who disappeared in October, about the investigation.

The remains found Thursday evening around 7 p.m. were said to be a human arm and legs and were found on a rock in the water near the College Point Yacht Club, the report said. Police responded to a 911 call after a 14-year-old girl stumbled across the body parts.

Helicopters searched the waters for additional body parts but the search had to be suspended when the tide quickly came in, the report said. The search resumed at daybreak.

Avonte's mother, Vanessa, is skeptical the remains found belong to her son, according to a report from Pix 11 news.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »

http://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/NY-remains-could-be-missing-autistic-teen-5151862.php
NY remains could be missing autistic teen
January 17, 2014

NEW YORK (AP) — Police were investigating whether human remains found along the shore of New York City's East River could be those of an autistic teen who walked out of his school and vanished more than three months ago, a law enforcement official said Friday.

A person shooting photos discovered what looked like an arm on Thursday, said the official, who had direct knowledge of the case.

Police also found a torso and legs in the water, along with a dark-colored shoe and clothes resembling what the boy was last seen wearing, said the official, who was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

Missing person posters were plastered on lampposts and placed on car windshields throughout the city. The teen, who did not speak, was fascinated with the subway system and Metropolitan Transportation Authority officials made announcements on trains for weeks asking for help finding him. Police checked every subway station and tunnel.

Authorities also hunted down hundreds of tips in New York City and suburbs. Despite a few false alarms, including an image of a person snapped on a train that resembled the boy, he has not been located.

But authorities are not clear whether the remains found Thursday belong to the missing teen. They were discovered at least 11 miles driving distance from his school.

The family's lawyer, David Perecman, said he spoke to Avonte's mother, Vanessa Fontaine, around 2 a.m. He said she was considering the discovery to be just another tip until she hears something more definitive.

The remains were removed to the Queens County Morgue and will be examined by the medical examiner's office to determine an identification and cause of death, and that may take several days, police said. Detectives and water units were at the site early Friday searching for any additional evidence.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 10:03:25 AM »

Are the Skeletal Remains Discovered Washed Up on a Beach Near East River in Queens, NY That of Missing Avonte Oquendo?

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/01/17/are-the-skeletal-remains-discovered-washed-up-on-a-beach-near-easr-river-in-queens-ny-that-of-missing-avonte-oquendo/

14 year old Avonte Oquendo has been missing since October 4, 2013. Avonte Oquendo, who is nonverbal and has autism, was last seen October 4 walking past a security guard and out of the Riverview School in Long Island City, Queens. Avonte was wearing a gray striped shirt, black jeans and black sneakers on the last day he was seen alive. There have been numerous searches for the missing boy that have come up empty. Now the police have made a grisly discovery as partial skeletal remains were found Thursday washed ashore in Queens near the White Stone Bridge. According to police accounts, the skeletal remains of a left arm were found by a teen girl on the waterfront near Hermon A. MacNeil Park in College Point at around 7:30 p.m. Also found at the scene was a dark colored pair of size-5½ sneakers, that are similar to the ones that were described as the one’s that Avonte Oquendo was wearing when he went missing. The remains have been sent to the medical examiners office. The family of Avonte Oquendo has also been notified of the discovery; however, there has been no official identification yet.

Extremely sad, looks like it is  Avonte Oquendo from all accounts.

One of the sad state of affairs of today's society is that I read that the girl who found the remains actually was posting this on social media before she called 911.  Head shaking.

Thoughts are with the family.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »

NYPD: Clothing with body similar to that of Avonte Oquendo, missing autistic teen
Originally published: January 17, 2014 7:10 AM
Updated: January 17, 2014 1:03 PM

That clothing includes a Nike sneaker, blue jeans and tube socks found with the remains, which were discovered along the East River near Powell Cove Boulevard and Endeavor Place in College Point, by a 14-year-old girl who was at the water's edge trying to take a photograph, police said.

The remains included a body from the waist down, along with the legs, and an arm that was found separately, police said. Reported in a 911 call at 7:16 p.m., the remains were recovered by officers from the 109th Precinct.

A police investigator told Newsday that the dismembered state of the remains is not consistent with natural decomposition -- but indicates a more purposeful act.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/nypd-clothing-with-body-similar-to-that-of-avonte-oquendo-missing-autistic-teen-1.6819068
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 01:32:07 PM »

Cops investigate human arm, legs found near Queens shoreline for link to missing teen Avonte Oquendo
PUBLISHED: FRIDAY, JANUARY 17, 2014, 12:49 AM
UPDATED: FRIDAY, JANUARY 17, 2014, 9:45 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/arm-washes-queens-article-1.1582711
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 03:35:35 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 05:43:36 PM »

It's really, really sad.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 06:35:34 PM »

OMG how horrible 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 08:36:33 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2014, 11:51:54 AM »

wondering if the remains had been, cut up by a boat motor, the east river is tricky

some info on the east river
http://www.offshoreblue.com/cruising/east-river.php
remains found
http://goo.gl/maps/4DZ96

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/avonte-oquendo-family-cling-hope-await-dna-tests-article-1.1584161
Avonte Oquendo’s family cling to hope, await DNA tests as cops find second arm in Queens
Members of the NYPD’s Harbor Unit recover a second arm and some human tissue as the NYC medical examiner works to identify body parts, items discovered on the banks of the East River to determine if they belong to the autistic boy who disappeared from his school Oct. 4.
Published January 18, 2014
Updated January 19, 2014

The family of autistic teen Avonte Oquendo, despite mounting proof to the contrary, refused to abandon their long-shot hopes of seeing the lost boy alive once more.

The city medical examiner was working Saturday with the remains recovered over three days to determine the identity of the body discovered on the Queens banks of the East River....

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/17/avonte-oquendo_n_4616470.html
Human Remains Found On Queens Beach Might Be Avonte Oquendo's
Published January 17, 2014, Updated January 18, 2014

Detectives were not sure whether the remains found Thursday belonged to the missing teen. The remains were found at least 11 miles from where he was last seen, considerably upriver and east of the park near Avonte's school.

One investigative theory was that Avonte fell into the river near the school. Although the remains were found upriver, past densely-populated shoreline under the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge and Rikers Island jail, the East River is a tidal strait with strong currents that reverse flow many times a day.

The family's lawyer, David Perecman, said he spoke to Avonte's mother, Vanessa Fontaine, around 2 a.m. He said she was considering the discovery to be just another tip until she hears something more definitive.

Perecman said the family will wait for DNA test results, and police have the teen's father's DNA on file. He confirmed that the jeans and size 5 1/2 sneakers found on the remains resembled what Avonte was wearing when he was last seen. But the remains were badly decomposed.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2014, 02:40:40 PM »

http://nypost.com/2014/01/20/missing-teens-family-fears-foul-play-after-strange-underwear-found/
Missing teen’s family fears foul play after strange underwear found
January 20, 2013

A lawyer for Avonte Oquendo’s family suspects foul play may have had a role in the boy’s disappearance because underwear found on a body is not the kind the missing boy wore.
Only a DNA match — expected this week — will confirm if the decomposed remains found on a northern Queens beach are those of the Long Island City teen missing since Oct. 4.
But the family’s lawyer, David Perecman, said he is concerned about the large Fruit of the Loom underwear found, since Avonte didn’t wear “large” and wore only Hanes.
“If it is him, what that indicates to me is that something happened,” Perecman said. “Someone got a hold of him, moved him. I can’t say they harmed him, but why would the underwear have gotten changed?”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2014, 10:16:22 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=9396907

Parents of missing teen Avonte Oquendo await tests
Updated at 09:18 PM today

COLLEGE POINT (WABC) -- The tense wait continues for the parents of Avonte Oquendo, as the medical examiner conducts DNA tests on human remains found in the East River to determine whether they are those of the missing autistic teenager.

Police divers found a skull Sunday in the waters off College Point, Queens.

The Oquendo family is holding on to hope while they wait for the test results, which are expected by Wednesday.

Over the weekend, a second arm and teeth were recovered from the river, along with clothes matching those worn by Avonte.

The 14-year-old was last seen on video tape walking out of his school in Long Island City in October.

Previous remains, said to be a human arm, legs, ribs and a pelvic bone, were found on a rock in the water near the College Point Yacht Club around 7 p.m. Thursday, about 11 miles from where Avonte was last seen.

Police responded to a 911 call in the vicinity of Powell Cove Boulevard and Endeavor Place after a 14-year-old girl stumbled across the limbs.

The remains were taken to a morgue, where the medical examiner's office will try to identify them and determine a cause of death.

A pair of sneakers and jeans were found that matched what Avonte when he disappeared. They are the same sizes that Avonte wore.

The family's attorney, David Perecman, says DNA tests will provide the final say and that relatives are not counting on anything until that determination has been made, however hope is quickly fading.

"It's not Avonte until the DNA evidence comes in and says it is," Perecman said. "On the other hand, it's not looking great. Maybe it's possible it will be some sort of closure."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/NBCNewYork
NBC New York ‏@NBCNewYork 10m

#BREAKING: Body parts found along the East River in Queens matched by DNA to missing teen Avonte Oquendo http://4.nbcny.com/FkJAh3b
View summary

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.