April 18, 2024, 10:31:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Canada's jobless rate hits five-year low"  (Read 1358 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 03, 2013, 07:03:40 PM »

Canada’s jobless rate has ebbed to a five-year-low, reflecting solid job creation in some sectors and – in September’s case – fewer young people looking for work.

The labour market has added about 12,000 jobs a month on average this year, a far-from-blistering pace but enough to send the unemployment rate down to 6.9 per cent. It hasn’t been this low since December 2008. Employment has risen in four of the past six months, with gains on both the goods and services side of the economy.

read more here - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/jobs/canada-unemployment-hits-five-year-low/article15234314/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 07:06:28 PM »

"Canada’s manufacturing growth at highest in 2-1/2 years in October"

“Canada’s manufacturing sector experienced a significant jump in October ... a sign that global economic momentum is continuing to improve,” Craig Wright, chief economist at RBC, said in a statement.

The employment gauge slipped slightly to 53.7, though the rate of jobs growth was still solid. About 16 per cent of manufacturers said they had hired more staff in October, many of them attributing this to a higher volume of new orders.

read more here - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/canadas-manufacturing-growth-at-highest-in-2-12-years-in-october/article15207910/

The US seems to be stuck in the Obama economic death spiral, new institutional racism, and one piece of liars legislation after another.

just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.