April 24, 2024, 11:41:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Mexico Gun Battles Leave Many Dead"  (Read 1950 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 04, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »

Thirteen people have been killed in shootouts around the north-east Mexican city of Matamoros in one of the worst recent outbreaks of violence in an area ravaged by drug gangs.

Three gunfights took place around the city, close to Brownsville, Texas, two of which were exchanges between gunmen and Mexico's armed forces, according to a statement from the state government of Tamaulipas.

Eight men died in the fighting with Mexican marines after four men and one woman were killed in an earlier clash between unidentified armed groups, the state government said.

None of the dead has been identified.

Drug cartels seeking control of smuggling routes into the US have in the past few years been responsible for a series of massacres, gunfights and kidnappings in Tamaulipas, giving the state the reputation as one of the most lawless in Mexico.

read more here - http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/04/mexico-gun-battles-matamoros-dead

Why isn't the border in lockdown?  Why isn't Obama doing more to close the border?  Keep Americans and Mexicans safe?

What story do we get in the US?  Another tunnel found...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:36:31 PM »

Mexican vigilantes take on drug cartels - and worry authorities
Militias spring up across Mexico to defend communities but authorities fear 'rebel force' and an 'undeclared civil war'

With their scuffed shoes, baggy trousers and single shot hunting guns, the eight men preparing to patrol their hillside barrio in the southern Mexican town of Tixtla hardly looked like a disciplined military force. But this motley collection of construction workers and shopkeepers claim to have protected their community from Mexico's violent drug cartels in a way the police and military have been unable – or unwilling – to do.

"Since we got organised, the hit men don't dare come in here," said one young member of the group, which had gathered at dusk on the town's basketball court, before heading out on patrol. "Extortions, kidnappings and disappearances are right down."

read more here - http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/28/mexican-militias-vigilantes-drug-cartels

What if good people in Chicago armed themselves and tracked down gang bangers?  Maybe there would be fewer shootings?  Killing innocent children?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 07:38:19 PM »

"HOW A GROUP OF CIVILIANS TOOK UP ARMS TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST DRUG CARTELS WHEN THE GOV’T COULD NO LONGER PROTECT THEM"

TEPALCATEPEC, Mexico (AP) — For lime grower Hipolito Mora, it was time to organize and pick up arms when a packing company controlled by a brutal drug cartel refused to buy his fruit. For Bishop Miguel Patino Velazquez, it was seeing civilians forced to fight back with their own guns that made him speak out. For Leticia, a lime picker too afraid of retribution to give her last name, it was the day she saw a taxi driver kidnapped in front of his two young children that convinced her to join those taking the law into their own hands.

In Mexico they call it “the drop that makes the glass overflow,” and it came at different points for the people living for years in fear of the brutal Knights Templar in the western Valley of Apatzingan, an emerald green tapestry of orchards bordered by blue-gray peaks.

“We lived in bondage, threatened by organized crime,” said Leticia, 40, who ekes out a living picking fruit and selling chicken on the side. “They wanted to treat people like animals.”

read more here - http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/08/how-a-group-of-civilians-took-up-arms-to-fight-back-against-drug-cartels-when-the-govt-could-no-longer-protect-them/

This is like a government that keep spending, refuses to live within it's means, want more illegal immigration and never ending amnesty to keep buying votes.

Good people live in bondage to taxes, regulation$$$, fees, Obamacare, Social Security, and never ending plunder...

Is it really government?  Or, organized crime syndicate?

just my humble opinions

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 07:39:15 PM »

Why isn't Obama guarding our southern border?  Shutting it down, and keep bad people out?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.