March 28, 2024, 10:29:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Horrific animal cruelty that shames China: Wild mob kill dogs..."  (Read 2125 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 08, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »

"Horrific animal cruelty that shames China: Wild mob kill dogs just for WALKING into a city"

THESE are the horrific scenes in which two dogs are beaten to death by an laughing mob in the street - including TWENTY policemen and FORTY security guards - simply because they strayed into the wrong area.

The two Tibetan mastiffs had wandered off from their village farm and innocently ended up in a city in China where large dogs are outlawed.

Terrified, they were chased by a wild mob 100-strong and had stones pelted at them before they were shot and eventually bludgeoned to death with spades.

The shocking images have outraged animal rights campaigners and provoked fury on Twitter and facebook.The two dogs belonged to a local villager who used them to help guard his flock of sheep.

However he was away for the day at the market and the dogs wandered off, ending up in Shijiazhuang - a city in Hebei province, north China where they are forbidden.

Villager Dewei Hsieh said neither dog was a danger and had been well trained not to hurt people.

((REMOVED LINK -PLEASE DON'T POST LINKS TO STUFF LIKE THIS - KLAASEND))

WARNING - Horrific pictures...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:48:32 PM by klaasend » Logged

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 05:22:04 PM »

Even with the warning given, the photos are not appropriate to be posted on this website, Whiskey Girl.  As a life long animal lover, rescue and foster for animals, a decent human being and a long time poster at Scared Monkeys, I strongly protest the link to the photos you provided.  Please don't post anything else like this.  I don't know if your intention was to try to show how third world you think China is, or if you were calling attention to the poor animals plight.  I can tell you this.  The animal rescue groups I have worked with in other countries and in the United State don't put photos out like you've posted for good reason.   There are photos and videos that can be found online of the terrible treatment of animals all over the world, including the United States.  Sadly, it's not just a problem in China.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »

Thanks Muffy - you are 100% correct.  Those images are not appropriate for this forum.  I have removed them.

Whiskeygirl - please don't post images like that again. 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.