March 28, 2024, 12:24:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $60K Obama Millionaires  (Read 1310 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 09, 2013, 08:12:53 AM »

IIRC, an Obama millionaire used to start at $200K for singles, $250K for couples.  I heard the other day that Obamacare subsidies stop at $60K, doesn't matter if you're single or part of a family.  There were stories of people who were getting a divorce because they can't afford to pay the $60K Obamacare penalty.  Alternatively, it's a tax/fee/money grab that starts when your income hits $60k.  Doesn't matter what they call it, I think it's stealing from working or retired people.

Meanwhile, those under $60K win the Obamacare lottery, they get it for free or 'next to nothing' due to subsidies.  Why should one penny make a difference?

How is it fair that hard work becomes it's own punishment?  Why doesn't everyone pay the same fair price based on their needs and wants?  If private insurance had forced men and women to pay for maternity or mental health care they would never use?  I think they have been called immoral, thieves, and worse when stories like that were brought to the public's attention. 

It seems like insurance companies had to treat everyone alike - no picking winners and losers based on age, sex, race, political affiliation...

What of Obamacare?  It seems to pick winners baed on age, sex, race, political affiliation, crony capitalism...corruption?  Theft? 

$60K is the new Obama millionaire. 

How is it fair that government taxes/regulates/steals/confiscates the labor of working families?  Shovels it out to lazy/greedy/crony people?  Politicians?

What's wrong with this picture?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 08:39:39 AM »

In the transparent and open world of private insurance, insurance companies in many states were required to file rates with state government.  When Masscare came into play, it was possible to see how rates jumped due to the state law.  Where are the rate sheets for Obamacare?

More important, what's in the subsidy 'black box'?  Where are the subsidy calculations? 

Who are the winners and losers for subsidy dollars? 

What's wrong with a law that seems to pick winners and losers by age, sex, ethnic, race, income, politics, etc?

Why doesn't everyone pay one fair rate?  Choose the coverage they want?  Or don't want?

Why should anyone have their labor stolen to buy votes for politicians?

The first human right should be to the fruit of one's labor.  If you earn a dollar, you should take a dollar home.  Government, warlords, pigs, politicians, greedy/lazy people, organized crime shouldn't come before families EARNING money through labor.  Money is how we store our labor. 

Too many are lazy/greedy and contribute nothing and get wealth beyond the dreams of third world citizens.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 08:53:52 AM »

Obama an equal opportunity destroyer?

Admittedly, I have been railing about ObamaCare for what seems a long, long time.  Most of that is attributable to the simple fact that I live and work in that world, and that I have been, of necessity, immersed in ObamaCare.

All of us, except for someone with his or her head buried beneath the pillow for fear of what reality will look like, are now being exposed to the horror stories of the individuals and families that have begun to be made aware of what their new plans will look like, and what they will cost.  That drumbeat is increasing with each passing day as more and more anecdotal stories are told by the press.

We recognize that those who were afflicted with “pre-existing conditions” will find their coverage much more easily assuming the “glitches” can be quickly put behind ObamaCare.  Wisconsin had effectively solved the problem of pre-existing conditions with the Health Insurance Risk-Sharing Pool, or HIRSP, but that plan is now being put to rest by virtue of ObamaCare’s rules.

Beyond this level of blame, there is a man sitting in the White House, along with a cabal of supporters and brainiacs, that really ought to be admitting that he has pushed a plan that is causing great suffering and angst for people who voted for him, as well as for those who voted against him.

ObamaCare is an equal opportunity destroyer.  And that is a real shame.

We’re all going to suffer.  Our children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren are going to suffer.  But the political class seems to somehow always find a way to protect itself from the suffering it creates.

This pathway to the great liberal dream seems to be pretty darned bumpy.  Wonder what we’ll find at the end of that pathway?

read the rest her -

Wisconsin had a high risk pool for un-insurable people.  It was quite popular.  Some, thought the premiums were still too high and went without.  Likely even $50 a month would be 'too high' for some folks.  Obamacare ended HIRSP.  What were HIRSP left with?  Obamacare.  I've listened to one story after another on the radio.  Higher premiums than HIRSP.  Higher deductibles than HIRSP.  No doctors in the plan--one doctor available a county away.  Gone is the excellent health system these folks had access too.

Obama, an equal opportunity destroyer?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 08:57:50 AM »

Slavery is wrong.  No one should steal the labor of others.  Money is how we store our labor for future use. 

No one should steal the labor of others. 

just my humble opinions

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.