March 28, 2024, 06:40:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tornadoes, severe thunderstorms kill at least 5 in Midwest - November 17/13  (Read 1675 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 17, 2013, 08:45:41 PM »

Tornadoes, severe thunderstorms kill at least 5 in Midwest
east 5 in Midwest
Published November 17, 2013

Intense thunderstorms and tornadoes that swept through the Midwest Sunday caused significant damage in parts of central Illinois, killing at least five people and leveling neighborhoods, leaving authorities picking through rubble in searches for those who may be trapped.

The central Illinois community of Washington appeared particularly hard-hit.

“Literally, neighborhoods are completely wiped out,” Rep. Aaron Schock (R-Ill.), who said he was in Washington, told Fox News. “I’m looking at subdivisions of twenty to thirty homes and there’s not a home there.”

“The entire town of Washington is devastated,” he added.

<snipped>

Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013/11/17/midwest-under-high-storm-threat/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 03:19:40 PM »

Searchers comb through rubble after deadly storm system clobbers Midwest
Published November 18, 2013

Authorities fanned out across at least a half-dozen states Monday to assess damage and search for any people who may still be trapped after a series of deadly tornadoes and powerful storms tore through the nation's heartland the day before, destroying homes and flipping over cars.

At least eight were dead, thousands homeless and hundreds of thousands without power Monday as the region began the daunting task of recovering from powerful storm system that spawned several tornadoes. Illinois was hardest hit, with at least six people killed and seven counties declared disaster areas by Gov. Pat Quinn. Two people were declared dead in Michigan.

The wave of thunderstorms also brought damaging winds and tornadoes to 11 other states: Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and western New York.

<snipped>

Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013/11/18/at-least-six-dead-after-tornadoes-storms-sweep-through-midwest/?intcmp=latestnews

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 10:23:48 AM »

Survivors shaken by deadly Midwest tornado outbreak
Published November 19, 2013

<snipped>

Sunday's tornadoes, which were notable for how destructive they were and how late in the year they struck, killed at least six people in Illinois and two others in Michigan and injured hundreds of others. The six deaths were the most from tornadoes on any November day in Illinois' state history, the National Weather Service confirmed Monday.

<snipped?

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013/11/19/survivors-shaken-by-deadly-midwest-tornado-outbreak/?intcmp=latestnews

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »

_____

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.