April 23, 2024, 06:58:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Is President Obama against black kids getting a decent education?"  (Read 1218 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 20, 2013, 07:49:33 PM »

After the Obama Administration filed suit against the state of Louisiana over a school voucher program allowing low-income kids in low-performing schools to attend other institutions, it appears the Wall Street Journal’s Jason L. Riley can make that assertion.

The Obama Department of Justice claimed letting poor kids take money for their educations elsewhere if their assigned schools get a D or F grade from state raters “frustrates and impedes the desegregation process.” While the injunction against Louisiana was dropped, Riley still suggests: “Forcing poor blacks to attend the state’s worst schools strikes me as something out of the Jim Crow South.”

Ninety percent of the kids getting vouchers in Louisiana are black, and potential school choices often a lot whiter than what they leave. With that in mind, it’s hard to believe vouchers promote segregation.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/20/is-president-obama-against-black-kids-getting-a-decent-education/#ixzz2lElk1ZdS

Why shouldn't every child have a chance at success?  A great education?  Outstanding opportunities?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 06:24:20 PM »

I recall that the Obama maternal grandmother sent him and his sister to private school. 

Obama had everything - a good education and a family that valued good schools.

Why is he so against school vouchers?  Why doesn't he want every child, regardless of race, economic status, etc., to have the best that is available?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.