March 28, 2024, 04:40:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittany Stykes 5 mo pregnant shot dead, 14 mo Aubrey survived shot to head  (Read 5836 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 02, 2013, 08:22:39 AM »

I have a feeling the SO may suspect a lot more than they are letting on. They need to be able to prove it.   I think there may be good reason they haven't shared information yet with Shane Stykes.  He may not be guilty of anything, but if he's associated with some of the folks that may be responsible for Brittany's murder, he may even inadvertently share something important in this unsolved crime.  It's one thing to shoot a pregnant woman to death (or anyone, for that matter), but they also shot a 14 month baby girl in the head and left her to die.  What does that say?  A lot of hate? Money involved, like drugs? A big warning?  It's amazing Aubrey survived. 

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/3-months-later-pregnant-mother-s-killing-unsolved-5026813.php
3 months later, pregnant mother's killing unsolved
December 2, 2013

RIPLEY, Ohio (AP) — Three months after his pregnant daughter was killed in a still-unsolved shooting on a quiet country road, Dave Dodson wakes up every morning still thinking she's alive. He cries every time he sees the four-wheeler she grew up riding and he can't bring himself to finish fixing a truck they'd been working on together.

His wife, Mary, still hasn't gone into the room where she sewed baby clothes with her daughter. She hasn't decorated the house for the holidays.

On Aug. 28, police responding to what they thought was a car crash instead found the Dodsons' daughter, 22-year-old Brittany Stykes, shot dead in her car in Ripley, about 45 miles southeast of Cincinnati. Stykes' 14-month-old daughter, Aubree, was still strapped in her car seat, bleeding from a gunshot wound to the head.

Stykes was five months pregnant, and her unborn baby died. Aubree survived the shooting, and four surgeries later, is largely the same little girl she was before.

Investigators with the Brown County Sheriff's Office have made no arrests and have not found the murder weapon or any shell casings. They still don't know whether Stykes knew her killer or where the shooting occurred, just where her car ended up.

Sgt. Buddy Moore, the lead detective on the case, said it's the department's top priority.

"In this case, time will tell the truth," he said. "I'm very confident that we will solve this."

Moore said the killing is extremely rare, not only because there's usually just one to two homicides in the area a year but also because of all the still-unanswered questions.

Investigators have been following up on hundreds of tips, interviewing anyone who knew Stykes and trying to keep the case in the public eye. A $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to her killer.

Most recently, Moore has been focused on trying to force three reluctant people to answer questions through grand jury subpoenas, including one of Shane Stykes' ex-girlfriends.

The identity of the other two witnesses has not been released, including one who ignored the subpoena and failed to show up to court. Moore said he's working to compel that person to be brought in for questioning, calling it "the biggest key we have right now."

"There's got to be a damn good reason why you ignore a grand jury subpoena and don't show," he said.

Dave Dodson talks daily with Moore about the case, while Shane Stykes said he's not in contact with the sheriff's office and that "they don't tell me anything."

Stykes criticized the investigation and said it might be time for an agency more experienced with homicides to take over.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 02:24:38 PM »

agreed muffy,about the drugs, across the river in maysville,about 10 mile,there has been
several busts this year, and the last 2yrs, i guess you have to be careful even in small
communities, and Cincinnati, OH is only about 60 mile, the the ohio river for transport

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 12:42:25 PM »

https://www.wlwt.com/article/brittany-stykes-family-losing-hope-her-killer-will-be-found/27364786

May 4, 2019

Brittany Stykes' family losing hope her killer will be found

The ongoing mystery surrounding a Brown County woman's death makes the yearly birthday celebrations in her honor more and more difficult for her family to bear.

The ongoing mystery surrounding a Brown County woman's death makes the yearly birthday celebrations in her honor more and more difficult for her family to bear.

"Every year when we do this on her birthday, it rains, and I figure the Lord is crying with me," Stykes' mother, Mary Dodson, said.

Stykes would have been 28 years old today. Back in 2013, the young pregnant mom was shot to death right along Route 68.

The Brown County Sheriff's Department hasn't made any arrests or named any suspects.

Two years ago, anonymous donors put up their own money to help find the killer, but the search continues.

"We continue to ask for any tips or information that can help us in solving the case and we're still working hard," Seth Hagaman with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, said.

"We've tried to keep hope, in the Sheriff's Department, in the investigation, but this is six years later. She would have been 28 years old, and we have nothing," Dodson said.

Stykes' daughter, Aubree, was also shot in the head. She survived.

She wasn't at the memorial for her mother, but she, along with everyone else, is still eager to know what happened.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.