April 16, 2024, 03:43:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "...NEARLY 100 LAWMAKERS DESCEND ON MOUNT VERNON TO TALK CONVENTION OF STATES"  (Read 1445 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 09, 2013, 06:58:44 PM »

Wow.  This would really be an historical event. 

No constitutional amendment has been added this way, but some say the Constitution specifically allows for states to use the convention as a means to push back against the federal government.

Two-thirds of the state legislatures, or 34, must approve an application for a convention to occur, according to the Constitution’s article five. State legislatures would then send delegates to the convention, each state getting one vote on proposed amendments. For an amendment to pass and become a part of the Constitution, it would have to be approved by three-fourths, or 38, of the state legislatures.

read more here - http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/09/gaining-steam-nearly-100-lawmakers-descend-on-mount-vernon-to-talk-convention-of-states/

Perhaps a better America is ahead?  America's best days are ahead?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 07:47:57 PM »

another story link here with videos, documents, and more http://redmillennial.com/2013/12/08/state-legislators-discuss-convention-of-states-at-mount-vernon-assembly/comment-page-1/#comment-454

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.