April 23, 2024, 05:06:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teleka Patrick, 33, Missing Kalamazoo Mi since Dec 5, 2013  (Read 61080 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2014, 04:57:35 PM »

sandracassie3000 is a user name that Teleka is known to have used, I've seen a youtube of her with this user name as well.

http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-discussion/seeing-psychiatrist-hurt-508459.html

Oct 5, '10 by TrophyWife
Hello. I am having some martial problems and my hubby is finally willing to see a counselor, but he has insisted that we see a psychiatrist "in case someone needs medication". Ok, whatever. Currently, I am only a student, but I am concerned that this could haunt me. I know that things are supposed to be confidential in the business world that I am used to, but aren't things different in the medical field. Could this somehow mess me up? I know employers check credit reports and criminal backgrounds. Can they ask if you have ever been treated by a Psychiatrist? Is something like that fair game? Please don't beat me up about not knowing enough about HIPAA (pretty please w/ sugar on top, I'm just in A&P1 ). I am asking for the insider real deal. There are loopholes for everything and I guess my question is are there healthcare provider loopholes that would make that information accessible to future employers.

Thanks!

Sep 22, '11 by sandracassie3000
Can I help you? Your husband is probably emotionally abusive. He finally agreed to go to counseling (meaning that he feels that he is beyond reproach) but he wants to go to a psychiatrist in case one of you need meds? The fact that you have suggested that you might end up being medicated says that you are too impressionable to his suggestions. He has probably suggested that you need medication already and is blaming all the problems of your marriage on you. Google "crazy-making". It is a technique that emotionally abusive spouses use in order to actually cause the other spouse to seem or even go crazy. Honey, there is nothing wrong with you. What is probably going on, is your husband is threatened by your academic achievement and professional advancement, and is probably taking it out on you. He probably had complete control over you before you started school, and he's worried that once you finish your degree, he will lose that control. Nothing you do is ever right, huh? I know all this because I am just now coming out of a divorce from such a horrible spouse who tried to do the exact same thing to me (I'm not a nursing student but I'm a medical student). Especially if there is a significant age difference between the two of you (you being younger). Honey I can't tell you what to do but this marriage is not good for you. If you're not ready to get out now, then at least forget about going to the psychiatrist. Chances are, you are so impressionable that you might say things that would make yourself seem like you need medication even though you don't. My advice is to get connected to family and friends who know you, find people that can build you up because it sounds like your husband is tearing you down right when you need his support the most. I know what this is like, my husband would force me out of the house when I needed to study and I was forced to study in places I wasn't familiar with. He would tell me that I wasn't smart and that I had a learning disability. (And he didn't even have his bachelor's when we were married...pathetic)
In conclusion, I think you know in your heart something is wrong. If you don't please get a female friend outside of your marriage stat so you can get support to help you through your marriage. And whatever you do, do not go to the psychiatrist. Your husband is trying to get you convinced and he will also try to convince the psychiatrist that you need meds (even though you don't). Once you have a psych diagnosis there is no going back and it will make you unconsciously look down on yourself (sorry it's true) and it will cause problems in your professional advancement. This will be the ultimate way that your husband will have total control over you, that is what his sick mind is seeking. Any argument you guys have, he will say you're crazy. He can go out and cheat on you, and then lie to you in your face and say you're crazy (it was done to me by my ex). I will pray that you see this message and see through his b.s. God please help my online friend right now to see through what is going on in Jesus' name, Amen. I will pray for you tonight girlfriend, an abusive marriage while you are going through school is the pits. What is your husband's culture? Giiiirrrrlllll, I'm African-American, and you know ladies in our culture are very outspoken. I was married to a Chicano and most of the issues we had in our marriage were due to the machismo thing, he could not stand any loss of control! If he doesn't change you need to get out. It is not your fault, and furthermore it is not your problem and it is not your job to fix someone. Especially if he is toxic to you. Get yourself together, get your kids together if you need to and get out. Abuse is never acceptable, if someone is having you doubt your sanity and controlling you that is abuse. Ok honey I will PRAY.
kacy6595 likes this.

Sep 22, '11 by sandracassie3000
and don't be afraid to call on God. When my husband was doing what he was doing to me I was so isolated. He had isolated me from family and friends (typical abuser thing) and I had actually begun to believe that I had psych issues due to his constant insinuations. At this time I was not attending church, I was not even really believing in God, and my faith had been unused for months, I wasn't even praying. Girl I called on God. I asked God to give me signs (Because I am a believer in marriage and I did not want to leave). God showed me what my husband was doing. One day it was like the scales fell from my eyes and I saw in an instant what was going on, when I had been fooled for 3 years. And I gave my husband an ultimatum. I said there were some things he needed to do and if he didn't do them I would file. Honey he didn't do them, he started cheating on me, he abandoned me (moved out), I waited 2 months then I filed. Just pray honey. God will help you, God will show you, people will come into your life to help you. We are all God's children, not just the Christians. God will help anyone. Stay strong, stay in your academic program and keep making good grades. DO NOT go to the psychiatrist. How do you think you are going to focus when you are stressed out about a diagnosis? You know you don't have issues, it is your husband trying to put them on you because he is insecure. Stay strong and pray. Trust me, I don't care if you have cursed God out (I have done it several times with expletives and everything). I don't care if you don't believe in God. God will still help, trust me I was an atheist for 2 years and did not pray. And when I had NO ONE, God came through for me and helped me see through the crap, and stay in school, and pass my boards. I am still in school honey. I am graduating with my MD in 2 years, I passed my boards, I never repeated a class. Pray pray pray God will help you. Hold on. You can contact me at sandracassie3000@yahoo.com if you wish. And furthermore God will bring someone else into your life that's 10x better (it happened to me girl). And due to this horrible experience you will now know how to avoid abusers. If you grew up with an abusive dad (whether it be emotional, sexual, physical) you are more prone to being abused. My dad was abusive and it predisposed me to predators. Once you get out of this, you will be sharp, like a sword. You will be able to cut through men's b.s. and see the truth. No abuser will ever have a hold over you. You have the strength inside of you, you are already questioning the hold this man has over you. Rise up and overcome.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2014, 12:40:35 AM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20140104/NEWS06/301040014/Teleka-Patrick-foul-play-disappearance

Teleka Patrick's ex-husband, private investigator fear foul play or abduction
January 4, 2014

“I do feel that foul play is involved,” said Jim Carlin, a Battle Creek-based private investigator working for Patrick’s family.

Ismael Calderon, her ex-husband, told the Free Press on Friday that he fears the worst.

“I believe that some criminally minded predator took advantage of her on the side of the road,” he said.

He added, “I don’t think she’s hiding anywhere.”

According to court records, Patrick and Calderon married in 2006 and their divorce was finalized in 2012.

Calderon, who lives in California and goes by the name Smiley, said he met Patrick online and the two had a whirlwind relationship, marrying within months. He said he moved out in 2009. Calderon said his ex-wife suffered from delusions and paranoia and told him that before they met she heard voices, which she thought was God’s voice. He said she wouldn’t seek help.

“I begged her multiple times,” Calderon said. “I pleaded with her.”

David Stringer, Patrick’s divorce attorney, said he doesn’t recall Calderon mentioning that Patrick suffered from mental health issues

Carlin said he is unconvinced Patrick suffered any mental health issues, saying he believes any problems would have been recognized by those around her. Tenesha Patrick previously told the Free Press she was unaware of her sister being diagnosed with any mental illness.

Since her disappearance, a personal protection order filed against Patrick by well-known gospel singer Marvin Sapp has come to light.

Sapp wrote that he has nearly 400 pages of correspondence from Patrick. He said the stalking had gone on for at least a year.

The order was signed by Kent County Circuit Judge Daniel Zemaitis. On Friday, the judge said there is no record in the court file that the personal protection order was served. It’s unclear whether it was.

Sapp could not be reached for comment Friday.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2014, 09:38:32 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/kalamazoo-and-battle-creek/telekas-alleged-tweets-uncovered

Teleka's tweets talk 'underground' world
Updated: Monday, January 6, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
Published: Monday, January 6, 2014, 12:21 PM EST

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - Target 8 has uncovered thousands of tweets posted, it appears, by missing Kalamazoo doctor Teleka Patrick in the weeks leading up to her disappearance.

Target 8 investigators found the messages through an archive website that saves deleted tweets. A member of Patrick’s family confirmed to Target 8 that the missing resident used that Twitter account.

The tweets surface just days after Teleka's ex-husband, Ismael Calderon, revealed that he believes Patrick suffered from mental illness.

"I am excited to spend time with you because we can go underground together," the tweets read, and continue, "My nuts are people and I take them underground into my secret world. I am like a squirrel. Squirrels take their nuts underground and then they eat them when mostly no one is looking,"

An unnamed love interest is often talked about in the tweets. At one point, Patrick tweeted YouTube videos of herself singing to a man.

The tweeter also writes about pre-ordering a musician's CD and said, "I preordered a CD last week, hope it gets here soon, dunno, I'm a hard copy kinda girl! I know the pics on the insert will be worth it!"

Patrick then posted about receiving the CD and being disappointed.

"I have been ripped off! Do you not understand that there are some people like me that think you are super hot and super handsome and super fine and there was one measly teeny picture that I saw. That is not okay. THAT IS NOT OKAY," Patrick wrote.

The tweets -- posted in the month before Patrick went missing --often speak about the doctor’s faith, but also describe a brief stint with atheism and a moment when God came and spoke to her.

"God spoke to me and said, the person who is delivering the message is discouraged. He needs you to tell him that I am with him in his ministry and that I haven't abandoned him," Patrick said.

Also buried amid the tweets is a reference to Invega, an FDA approved drug used to treat schizophrenia.

"I guess Invega is not as powerful as they advertised," said the poster.

The Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Department declined to comment on any of the tweets, but said they hope to release more information on this case within the next two weeks.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2014, 11:33:01 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/01/teleka_patricks_ex-husband_say.html

Teleka Patrick's ex-husband says Kalamazoo doctor's refusal to get mental help led to their divorce
on January 04, 2014 at 7:00 AM, updated January 06, 2014 at 8:19 AM

KALAMAZOO, MI – Shortly after they met in 2006, Dr. Teleka Patrick told her future husband of how “A Beautiful Mind,” was her favorite flick.

The movie, which starred Russell Crowe and won an Oscar for best picture, tells the story of renowned American mathematician John Nash and his struggles with mental illness.

“She said, ‘That’s my story,’” Ismael “Smiley” Calderon recalled recently of Patrick, 30, his wife of six years.

Now, Calderon, who lives in California, says he believes his ex-wife’s own mental health issues, which he says led to their 2009 separation and 2012 divorce, may also be behind her Dec. 5 disappearance in Kalamazoo and he fears the worst for Patrick.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/01/report_tweets_linked_to_teleka.html#incart_river_news

Report: Tweets linked to Teleka Patrick found

KALAMAZOO, MI -- WOOD-TV, Target 8, says it has found "thousands" of tweets posted by a missing Kalamazoo doctor shortly before she disappeared last month.

My comment - I really think this poor girl suffered a psychotic break and no one knew it. Sad that she was working closely with other psychiatrist and no one noticed.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2014, 11:17:23 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/01/report_tweets_linked_to_teleka.html#incart_river_news

Report: Tweets linked to Teleka Patrick found

KALAMAZOO, MI -- WOOD-TV, Target 8, says it has found "thousands" of tweets posted by a missing Kalamazoo doctor shortly before she disappeared last month.

My comment - I really think this poor girl suffered a psychotic break and no one knew it. Sad that she was working closely with other psychiatrist and no one noticed.

I have to agree with your statement BBM. I have seen quotes where the family has tried to minimize (in my opinion) the the importance of Teleka's mental health in relation to what could have happened to her. (As in.. whatever her mental state was is secondary to the fact that they believe that someone harmed her)

I think its important to investigate and even publicize because it effects her state of mind that night and leading up to that night. It would effect the choices she made that either caused her to self-disappear or even put her in the path of someone who could do her harm.

To them, it seems like her mental health is being sensationalized.. but they don't seem to realize how important the information is. (For the investigators, searchers, potential witnesses, etc)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2014, 01:39:06 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/01/teleka_patricks_mother_appoint.html

Teleka Patrick's mother assigned to her estate as search for missing Kalamazoo doctor continues
on January 07, 2014 at 1:05 PM, updated January 07, 2014 at 1:34 PM

KALAMAZOO, MI – Dr. Teleka Patrick’s mother has been charged with ensuring that her daughter’s personal and financial affairs remain in order as the search for the missing Kalamazoo doctor continues.

Irene Patrick, 63, was appointed special conservator of Patrick’s estate Dec. 20 by Kalamazoo County Circuit Judge Curtis Bell. In petitioning the conservatorship, Irene Patrick said in court documents that she was seeking a protective order from the court to gain access to her daughter’s “accounts, apartment and all other personal and financial information.”

In granting the petition, Bell found “clear and convincing evidence, (Teleka Patrick) is in need of a protective order because she is unable to manager her property and business affairs” following her Dec. 5 disappearance.

Bell's order, which expires Jan. 30, ordered that as special conservator Irene Patrick “shall investigate the nature of the assets and the extent of the outstanding debts, accumulate income and pay reasonable expenses as needed” and cooperate with police “regarding any and all real property of Teleka Patrick.”

In court documents, Irene Patrick said her daughter has no real property of value, has $50,000 in insurance and listed as “unknown” her monthly income and value of her personal property. Irene Patrick is being represented by Attorney Michael D. Holmes, of Kalamazoo.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2014, 06:51:51 PM »

i dont think the tweets will help find her, wonder if the homeless shelters/camps
have been checked, link to those tweets
http://www.lipstickalley.com/showpost.php?p=15714748&postcount=439

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2014, 08:28:59 PM »

Questions...questions...  Who could be the "unnamed love interest"?  MS, on-off boyfriend, other...?  The investigators have told the PI that "some sort of emotional stress" caused her to leave Kalamazoo on Dec. 5.  Is there a connection to the call TP received on Dec. 4?  LE is going to release the findings of their investigation "later this month."  Why is that specific time given by them?

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/01/teleka_patrick_tweeted_about_d.html

Teleka Patrick tweeted about 'demon,' frustrations with unrequited love just before disappearance
on January 07, 2014 at 5:13 PM, updated January 07, 2014 at 7:35 PM

KALAMAZOO, MI -- Dr. Teleka Patrick wrote about being tortured by a "demonic power" shortly before she deleted her Twitter posts and disappeared on Dec. 5, according to Twitter posts obtained by the Kalamazoo Gazette.

"I can't take much more of this," Patrick appeared to write in a Dec. 4 Twitter post to an unnamed love interest. "There are normal ways to contact people you know ... You reach me through a demonic power. That gives demons power over me and dilutes my spiritual authority.

"Because you are using a demon to contact me, when I turn my heart towards you, it passes through a demonic power. When I say I love you, I am also saying I love you to a demon because that is how you made me fall for you," she posted as @PatientMunchkin.

Jim Carlin, a private investigator hired by Patrick's family, said he has been told by investigators from the Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office they believe "some sort of emotional distress" caused Patrick to leave Kalamazoo on the night of Dec. 5.

Carlin, who was hired by the family a week ago, said he is aware of Twitter posts linked to Patrick, but has not reviewed all of them.

The Sheriff's Office on Tuesday refused comment on the case but said they would release the findings of their investigation into Patrick's disappearance later this month.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2014, 09:48:41 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/01/private_investigator_says_he_b.html#incart_river_news

Private investigator says he believes Teleka Patrick is 'absolutely' alive and is positive she'll be found

One possibility that Carlin said he is investigating is whether Patrick, after getting out of her car in Indiana, later checked herself into a hospital where she asked that her identity be kept a secret. Such a request, Carlin said, would have to be honored by the facility given federal privacy laws.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2014, 09:52:55 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/01/private_investigator_says_he_b.html#incart_river_news

Private investigator says he believes Teleka Patrick is 'absolutely' alive and is positive she'll be found

One possibility that Carlin said he is investigating is whether Patrick, after getting out of her car in Indiana, later checked herself into a hospital where she asked that her identity be kept a secret. Such a request, Carlin said, would have to be honored by the facility given federal privacy laws.

(Bolded by me)
I hope this is true, and Teleka is safe and getting the help she needs. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2014, 08:47:35 PM »

I wonder if he is working closely with the LE.  The PI is going to check hospitals tomorrow in Indiana and Illinois.

http://wwmt.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wwmt_investigators-still-hunting-missing-kalamazoo-doctor-17248.shtml

Investigators still hunting for missing Kalamazoo doctor
Updated: Wednesday, January 8 2014, 06:23 PM EST

With all the attention on their case there are sightings of her reported all over the country and many of those are coming in to private investigator Jim Carlin with Justinian Investigative Services.

"We had some good information over the weekend that she might have been seen in Colorado Springs…but that tip did not pan out, there were several more this morning I'm following up on."

Carlin says he is looking at every possible scenario and starting tomorrow plans to check into whether Patrick may have checked herself into a hospital and privacy law would not allow the hospital to reveal that.

"Not only do the HIPPA laws have such stringency, also the mental health laws. That's part of what I'll be doing in Indiana and Illinois tomorrow," says Carlin.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2014, 07:06:40 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/01/marvin_sapp_confronted_teleka.html#incart_river_news

Teleka Patrick case: Marvin Sapp called out stalker believed to be Patrick at church service

He said he had been out of town, he was out of the state and he got back to find out that some woman had been in his house and he knew who it was.”

Patrick’s tweets from the night of Aug. 25 indicate Sapp’s statements at the service troubled her and she wrote that she planned to stop sending him messages on Facebook and “no more pics or videos.”

“Which makes me sad, but I have to protect myself also. Right?” Patrick wrote. “Probably isn’t a good idea to talk to the kids either.”

However, the Twitter posts also suggest what Patrick heard from Sapp on Aug. 25 was not going to dissuade her from contacting him.

“I will still tweet you every day and keep visiting!” she wrote. " ... So it was great to see you outside and hanging with the people! In light of what you discussed today I am sure you can understand why I didn’t try to get close to you.

“But not to worry! We will have our time. If I keep coming and getting involved I’ll get to know more people and eventually get to know you. It will happen in time ... I love you and I’m not going anywhere. So did you like what I was wearing? I bought it last night. I was thinking about you and how I would look so beautiful for you today.”

- George Bernard Shaw
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2014, 10:17:32 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/01/marvin_sapp_confronted_teleka.html#incart_river_news

Teleka Patrick case: Marvin Sapp called out stalker believed to be Patrick at church service

He said he had been out of town, he was out of the state and he got back to find out that some woman had been in his house and he knew who it was.”

Patrick’s tweets from the night of Aug. 25 indicate Sapp’s statements at the service troubled her and she wrote that she planned to stop sending him messages on Facebook and “no more pics or videos.”

“Which makes me sad, but I have to protect myself also. Right?” Patrick wrote. “Probably isn’t a good idea to talk to the kids either.”

However, the Twitter posts also suggest what Patrick heard from Sapp on Aug. 25 was not going to dissuade her from contacting him.

“I will still tweet you every day and keep visiting!” she wrote. " ... So it was great to see you outside and hanging with the people! In light of what you discussed today I am sure you can understand why I didn’t try to get close to you.

“But not to worry! We will have our time. If I keep coming and getting involved I’ll get to know more people and eventually get to know you. It will happen in time ... I love you and I’m not going anywhere. So did you like what I was wearing? I bought it last night. I was thinking about you and how I would look so beautiful for you today.”

my word, this is so sad.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2014, 05:18:39 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2013/12/teleka_patrick_timeline_what_w.html

Teleka Patrick timeline: What we know about Kalamazoo medical resident who disappeared
on December 18, 2013 at 7:16 AM, updated January 08, 2014 at 12:28 PM

KALAMAZOO, MI – Since she went missing Dec. 5, 2013, Dr. Teleka Patrick's disappearance has been a case full of mystery and more questions than answers.

Police in Indiana and Kalamazoo have released some details about what they believe Patrick, 30, a first-year medical resident from Kalamazoo, did in the hours leading up to her disappearance.

So far, this is what is known. All times are Eastern Standard Time:

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2014, 05:21:41 PM »

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/porter/24878512-418/no-progress-in-search-for-michigan-woman-missing-since-dec-5.html

No progress in search for Michigan woman missing since Dec. 5
January 10, 2014 2:20PM

State Police Sgt. Rick Strong said Patrick’s car was found 30 feet off the pavement with a flat left front tire. No other signs of mechanical or physical damage to the car were noted. The car, a gold 1997 Lexus, was taken to the state police impound lot in Lowell, where it remains.

“There are no developments or leads in the case. She is still listed as a missing person,” said Strong.

Since there is no evidence of a crime having been committed local police agencies are taking a hand’s off approach to the case, strictly treating it as a missing person. It is not illegal for an adult to disappear.

ISP sergeant Ann Wojas said they are assisting the Kalamazoo sheriff in their investigation but that, “we’re not the lead agency in the investigation. We just found the car.”

The lead agency in the disappearance of Teleka is the Kalamazoo Sheriff Department. Kalamazoo Undersheriff Paul Matyas recently issued a statement saying they expect to finish their investigation soon. Calls to Matyas were not returned.

Local police agencies are not actively involved in the search, either.

Shayna Dujmovich, a part-time officer for the Burns Harbor police said they had helped search the area at the time of the reported disappearance and are keeping an eye out for her, but that is the extent of their activities.

A Porter police department dispatcher said they are not actively involved in the investigation.

Sergeant Larry LaFlower, public information officer of the Porter County Sheriffs department, said at the time of the initial disappearance a retired sheriff department sergeant used his bloodhound to help search for the missing woman.

Patrick’s mother, Irene Patrick, contacted in Florida, would not discuss the disappearance. She referred calls to a private investigator in Michigan who had been hired to look for her.

That investigator, Jim Carlin, did not return calls seeking comment.

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2014, 06:05:46 PM »

It almost sounds as though LE believe she disappeared on her own and is out there somewhere, or they know where she is.  Odd behavior for a mother searching for a missing daughter...Mom knows much much more than she wants to let on, imo.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2014, 09:15:26 PM »

It almost sounds as though LE believe she disappeared on her own and is out there somewhere, or they know where she is.  Odd behavior for a mother searching for a missing daughter...Mom knows much much more than she wants to let on, imo.

BBM - I agree. I think this family knew this young lady had problems long before this.

- George Bernard Shaw
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2014, 10:56:30 PM »

Video at the link

http://fox17online.com/2014/01/10/teleka-patrick-case-private-investigator-looking-into-new-tip-more/#axzz2q3dzfbRZ

Teleka Patrick Case: Private Investigator Looking into ‘Interesting’ Tip, More
4 hours ago

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — Jim Carlin, a private investigator and former police officer, said he received a new, ‘interesting’ tip regarding Teleka Patrick’s disappearance. That tip came in on Thursday.

Also, FOX 17 found an online dating profile of Teleka Patrick. It was apparently made while Patrick was living in California.

Carlin, who’s based out of Battle Creek, sat down with FOX 17.

Teleka Patrick’s family hired him 8 days ago to help find her. She’s been missing since December 5th. Carlin said he received several tips this week. Most of them were bogus, he said. However, one of them is said to be ‘interesting’ and is being followed up on.

FOX 17 asked Carlin to expound on the new tip. He said, “Not at this time. I just want to let the sheriff’s department handle that.”

“I believe she is alive,” Carlin stated at one point during the interview.

“If she realized that she needed some help and maybe checked herself into a hospital, that would be something that could be done under HIPAA and the Mental Illness Statute of Protection and Privacy. She could check in under her own name or ‘Janet Jones’, and the hospital would be precluded from releasing any information,” he added.

Indiana State Police said her car was found abandoned along I-94 in Portage, Indiana. That’s more than 100 miles away from Kalamazoo.

“I don’t think she’s long that road,” Carlin said.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2014, 09:47:16 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/01/as_the_darker_side_of_dr_telek.html#incart_river_default

As a mysterious side of Teleka Patrick comes to light, the question remains: Where is she?

But with more information from police came more questions. Among them:

Why did Patrick try to stay at the Radisson when her home at Gull Run Apartments was just three miles from Borgess?
    Why had she tried to use $100 in cash she borrowed from a friend to book a room instead of a credit card?
    Why had she left her wallet, ID and credit cards in her car, and left her cellphone and purse at Borgess?
    Why was she on I-94 in Indiana that Thursday night, knowing she was expected at work at Borgess the next morning?
    Why had her car gone off the highway?

My Comment - the comments on this story are interesting - and a bit disturbing . . .

- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.