April 26, 2024, 04:53:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 11 - 6/19/05  (Read 177272 times)
blfit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1000 on: June 19, 2005, 09:49:48 PM »

Quote from: "redquartz"
Have they looked in the Bird Sanctuary?

Is that a real idea or like "in the dining room with the candlestick?"

That's a real idea......I read somewhere where some psysic said the birds will find her. I was just looking at a map, and there is this Bird Sanctuary there, right outside of Palm Beach.

Did someone say earlier that the authorities had checked all the major areas and likely areas including the bird sanctuary???  I can't remember...

Looking for the truth.
ottwolves
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1001 on: June 19, 2005, 09:50:00 PM »

Quote from: "heartache"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
STrange think on his new website.  May posters give pretty specific address--including some in the states.

Very very few ever make any posts, but a large number have pictures in their profiles.   Most of these appear to be young ladies.

Strange.

K, I even ran across some with their home and cell phone numbers posted. Now WHY would a young girl do that? It used to be that serial killers had to hunt down and stalk their victims. Now they can just dial a few numbers.  Confused
  Kerin? Do you have kids over the age of 10 ??? I find it hard to believe that anyone with a child over the age of 10 is shocked and/or awed by MySpace and it's counterparts. Some of you need to wake the HELL UP.

I don't think we're shocked or awed...the simple fact is this is a clear example of what is out there...and the dude should have his balls cut off.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1002 on: June 19, 2005, 09:50:03 PM »

Have they looked in the Bird Sanctuary?

That's a real idea......I read somewhere where some psysic said the birds will find her. I was just looking at a map, and there is this Bird Sanctuary there, right outside of Palm Beach.

I wasn't being a jerk, just hadn't read about the Bird sanctuary. Welcome and keep posting ALOT.
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1003 on: June 19, 2005, 09:50:08 PM »

Quote from: "Catriana"
Hey, folks?  Do we need to make a new topic for Marten?   I think we are veering off the track.   Confused  Confused

Sorry for any contribution I had to the derailing. I just can't get over a. how icky he is, and b. how he's tangentially connected to joran.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1004 on: June 19, 2005, 09:50:37 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
the guys in nyc are probably paid consultants and the arubans are expendible natives with nothing to say about something happening right there at home.  Listen to the Arubans.  there are no secrets on an island.  

Funny...FOX brings people on to talk about the case and yet they cut them off? Seems like they never cut off the experts in the US who are only making "educated guesses" but then they have Aruban Spokespeople/LE come on and give them the BOOT right in the middle of them speaking!

maybe ttoo much staic as it was.

i just heard
knights in white satin on pap station

peace to all
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1005 on: June 19, 2005, 09:50:47 PM »

Quote from: "heartache"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
STrange think on his new website.  May posters give pretty specific address--including some in the states.

Very very few ever make any posts, but a large number have pictures in their profiles.   Most of these appear to be young ladies.

Strange.

K, I even ran across some with their home and cell phone numbers posted. Now WHY would a young girl do that? It used to be that serial killers had to hunt down and stalk their victims. Now they can just dial a few numbers.  Confused
  Kerin? Do you have kids over the age of 10 ??? I find it hard to believe that anyone with a child over the age of 10 is shocked and/or awed by MySpace and it's counterparts. Some of you need to wake the HELL UP.

Thanks  Smile I am awake now. Never said I was shocked at the fact there are websites...I AM, however, saddened/amazed (what word would you like used?) that a young girl would post their phone number! IMO

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1006 on: June 19, 2005, 09:51:11 PM »

Quote from: "bendex"
I was not trying promoting vows of silence Just trying to find an explanation why everybody appears to be covering each other backs in this case I think it has a strong cultural bias.

I understand. Thanks for explaining. Always good to get an insight into the reason countries approach things differently. Nobody's bashing the Dutch or the Arubans. Just a little shocked at the cultural differences sometimes, which I'm sure is a two-way street.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1007 on: June 19, 2005, 09:51:14 PM »

Quote from: "blfit"
Quote from: "TTownMike"
Quote from: "absolut"
Elio really wants her parents to take a polygraph.
I don't understand why anyone would be thinking that Natalee's parents would need a polygraph????????

Because they don't want the finger pointed at them all the time...
Wonder if anyone fell for that?
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1008 on: June 19, 2005, 09:51:14 PM »

If the cop they just had on is representative of law enforcement in Aruba...we're in deep ****.  To even suggest the victim's friends,etc need to be polygraphed when Van Der Sloot admits he was with her...is NUTS!!!

Don't they pre-interview these people!?!?
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1009 on: June 19, 2005, 09:51:35 PM »

Quote from: "sunmoonstars"
Okay, once again the SAME reporter cuts someone off that may actually have something to SAY! Why would he want polygraph's of Natalee's family and friends? She is stupid!!

You never know. There was one report that Natalee's boyfriend from Alabama was on the trip - maybe he got jealous?
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1010 on: June 19, 2005, 09:51:37 PM »

none of us would be here right now
u think if twittys were there 48 hours latyer...
.like osama-gone missing . oh and those 2 gaurds would still be in jail
no one would think twice about mickey jon rotting in jail

FOM I am inclined to agree that the combination of the presence of Natalee's family and intense media attention were both a factor in getting those men out of jail. And I cannot say that I do not find that disturbing, to think, as you say, that otherwise they would still be there.

What I am wondering, though, is what effect the jailhouse conversation would have, from a legal standpoint, on Deepak's case...
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1011 on: June 19, 2005, 09:51:49 PM »

Thanks  I am awake now. Never said I was shocked at the fact there are websites...I AM, however, saddened/amazed (what word would you like used?) that a young girl would post their phone number! IMO

Happens on yahoo and AOL everyday thousands of time.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1012 on: June 19, 2005, 09:52:09 PM »

So was I but I was never confronted with the ultimate test of turning a loved on in for something they did that was beyond the pale.  I do not know how I would handle it.  unless I was sure I would adhere to the inniocent until proven guilty principle which is an American one too.  

Quote from: "writenow"
Quote from: "iquitos"
Nobody ran to turn the old guy who is on trial for killing those civil rights workers so many years ago. They had a vow of silence and they protected him even though he killed somebody's loved ones.  We understand protecting our frends real good where they turn their own in?   We don't like a snitch  either.  What part of America are you from?

It's not WHERE I was raised, but HOW. If I'd known, I would have turned him in, then unfortunately I would have probably had to leave town since the LE was probably in on it. And actually, I don't know if it's this guy, but the granddaughter of one of them TURNED IN HER GRANDFATHER because she felt it was the moral, right thing to do.

I was raised in a family which taught honesty -- even when it was painful. And yourself?
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1013 on: June 19, 2005, 09:52:27 PM »

Nancy I was thinking the same thing!
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1014 on: June 19, 2005, 09:52:50 PM »

<<Nobody ran to turn the old guy who is on trial for killing those civil rights workers so many years ago. They had a vow of silence and they protected him even though he killed somebody's loved ones. >>

So that's the standard for the community and its law enforcement?  Mid-1960s Mississippi?  That's not exactly setting the bar very high.  I don't think we'll see Aruban spokespeople trotting out that comparison.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1015 on: June 19, 2005, 09:52:53 PM »

Have they looked in the Bird  Sanctuary?

No , it was in the hall with a pipewrench...lol
air23ac
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1016 on: June 19, 2005, 09:53:10 PM »

why didn't the retired police officer say that everyone(including the van der sloots's) should be given polygraphs???????

look i spent 9 days in aruba last yr...it was awesome, the people were nice, i had a great time and still think its the best place i have ever seen   BUT.......their handling of this investigation is so pathetic......they claim you can't just "go in there like cowboys" and that is why it took so long to arrest joran and the kalpoe's.....BUT, they went right after the 2 former security gaurds with a cia style pre-dawn raid.

then every spokesperson just makes it seem that things are going the way they should and it is because they have a different legal system.........well any legal system that arrests 2 guys that have solid alibis, but then waits 8 days to bring in the people who admitted to seeing her last is just STUPID!!!
redquartz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1017 on: June 19, 2005, 09:53:17 PM »

If I think of anywhere else they should look, I'll post it. I wish the FBI etc would read some of these posts, they might get some good pointers.[/code][/quote]
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1018 on: June 19, 2005, 09:53:48 PM »

:::: drops out of the loft::::

Hello all!! ((( hugs))))
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1019 on: June 19, 2005, 09:54:30 PM »

Quote from: "TTownMike"
Elio really wants her parents to take a polygraph.
I don't understand why anyone would be thinking that Natalee's parents would need a polygraph????????

Because they don't want the finger pointed at them all the time...

And don't get me wrong....i'm not pointing at NH's family....I just think people down there are getting defensive.
And I wonder if they will not consider poly for the suspects, why mention it relative to the Twittys? Gimme a break!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.