April 28, 2024, 08:27:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 11 - 6/19/05  (Read 177327 times)
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #480 on: June 19, 2005, 06:28:22 PM »

Quote from: "wantsanswers"
Twiddy should grab him and make him talk if the authorities don't. I hope they arrest him this time. His arrogance is what caused his son to think he could get away with murder.
Jug may be callin in the Bama Good OleBoys by now!
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #481 on: June 19, 2005, 06:29:01 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
They would hire an international lawyer no doubt

how else would you begin to understand the laws therre?/[/quote]

They could have hired  a local lawyer.....duh

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #482 on: June 19, 2005, 06:29:26 PM »

Who would believe anything they would say? I don't think she made out with anyone! I think she was drugged and couldn't think for herself!

silly question,.. but who would believe anything that "they would say"
meaning     who Question

peace to all
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #483 on: June 19, 2005, 06:29:38 PM »

Quote from: "AnnieMW1"
Quote from: "TTownMike"
Quote from: "clevfan1234"
caligirl, when I saw the female friend on tv, I had remembered seeing another interview with her several days ago. If I remember right, in the interview from several days ago, the news had referred to her as his employer.  And at that time she said the same thing. So I am sure this is his employer from the internet cafe.
That's right, she's his boss!

She's the one who said she couldn't really vouch for him being squeaky clean?

Yes, as she made reference to how you don't know serial killers too!
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #484 on: June 19, 2005, 06:30:12 PM »

Quote from: "littletxlady"

how else would you begin to understand the laws therre?/

They could have hired  a local lawyer.....duh[/quote]

Bet they didn't. I wouldn't - I'd hire someone out of the Netherlands not based in Aruba. That way, I'd bring the motherland to the island from a media perspective and give this the top billing it deserves there.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #485 on: June 19, 2005, 06:30:12 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Whoa, I missed the report.  Jug Twitty called him "an obnoxious slimeball"!!!  Amazing.  The Twitty's must know more than they're saying!

Just for a second, hear me out before you flame me.  (If you flame me, make it hot - I like spicy)  I'd like to say I take Jug Twitty' comment only at face value and have a good reason for it. While I understand the Twittys' frustration, the VS's are not from the gracious South like the Twittys.  

Let me just say that having worked with the Dutch and travelled to the Netherlands several times early in my career, one might take the "obnoxious slimeball" comment as an example of cultural differences between the Twittys and the VS's.  I can tell you that upon first blush being a Southerner and working with my Dutch counterparts, I found them dry, arrogant and conceited and can imagine pretty well how Jug perceived them.  

After getting used to the way the Dutch think, I changed my mind and realized they just didn't have the same pleasantries I was accustomed to and as I got to know some of them better, I found I dug the way they thought and did things.  I learned not everybody thinks like an American, especially those Southerns who value such hospitable attitudes and warmth.

If this situation had happened in the South and the VS's were Southern, one would expect that if the VS's showed up at the Twitty's door at 1am, the Twitty's would have done whatever they could to help. They *expected* the VS's would be that way, and they weren't.  Hence some of the frustration Jug Twitty displayed.

I so appreciate your comments on this.  We're dealing with so many cultural diferences it's really important to know tings like this.
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #486 on: June 19, 2005, 06:30:31 PM »

Luna you are looney. Divers can be looking for her body parts on that side of the island. They wouldn't be swimming for fun? What part of looking for her can't you understand?
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #487 on: June 19, 2005, 06:30:44 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Whoa, I missed the report.  Jug Twitty called him "an obnoxious slimeball"!!!  Amazing.  The Twitty's must know more than they're saying!
Point of information:  Peple in Alabama are very good judges of character.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: June 19, 2005, 06:31:09 PM »

They could have hired  a local lawyer.....duh[/quote]

maybe this local lawyer woould be fathers friend....that would be
a great idea....   u must be brain surgeon?

peace to all
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #489 on: June 19, 2005, 06:31:32 PM »

Luna you are looney. Divers can be looking for her body parts on that side of the island. They wouldn't be swimming for fun? What part of looking for her can't you understand?

Wantsanswers,

Your responses are insulting and not necessary in that tone.
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #490 on: June 19, 2005, 06:31:45 PM »

Quote from: "RB"

They could have hired  a local lawyer.....duh

Bet they didn't. I wouldn't - I'd hire someone out of the Netherlands not based in Aruba. That way, I'd bring the motherland to the island from a media perspective and give this the top billing it deserves there.[/quote]

my thoughts exactly

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #491 on: June 19, 2005, 06:32:02 PM »

nancy, no problem.  This is why sometimes our esteemed Commander-In-Chief is misunderstood by the Europeans overall.  The "culture differences" thing goes both ways....

sorry for the edits,  bad typos, bad fingers, etc
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #492 on: June 19, 2005, 06:32:41 PM »

Jug live on CNN.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #493 on: June 19, 2005, 06:33:48 PM »

"Like father like son" Jug Twitty
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #494 on: June 19, 2005, 06:33:58 PM »

YOU GO JUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Laughing
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #495 on: June 19, 2005, 06:34:09 PM »

Jug Twitty on CNN:

Paul van der Sloot , "he is sickening to me".
Tila_Bean
Scared Monkey

« Reply #496 on: June 19, 2005, 06:34:22 PM »

Jug is calling VDS dad a chicken and is sickening in his opinion.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #497 on: June 19, 2005, 06:34:39 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Retracted?  AP never retracted it.  They just stopped running the sex part, perhaps out of politeness.  remember the boys were not arrested yet at this point and may have been the source.  Or maybe it was the lawyers for the guards or the cops.  But don't say it was not reported that way.  It  was.      

Quote from: "DT"
The first story was they went to the lighthouse and had sex with natalee and then dropped at the holiday inn (this from the first AP dispatch) where the security guards entered the scene.  Two security guards were arrested.  When they got out, one, I think Mickey, who was in a cell near Deepak, announced that Deepak told him it was all a lie and that in fact they went to the lighthouse then dropped Joran and Natalee at the Marriott and then went home and then Deepak went back when Joran sent him a text message.  The other guard was near Joran and said that Joran told him they dropped him off at home then took Natalee presumably to the hotel.   So, there are two hearsay versions.  Now Joran's lawyer is being dsiciplined for talking to one of these guys to get information from him on the case.  Did Joran's lawyer put him up to broadcasting Joran's alibi?

Well the ap retracted part of that story, specifically the part about them having sex with Natalee.  It was later clarified that Natalee and one of the boys(joran) made out at the lighthouse, before they went back to the HI.  This came from two of the suspects own statements.

Well of course they aren't going to publish an official retraction for just a small part of the article, they just simply removed it.  Not a single MSM is reporting they all had sex now, everyone is only reporting that natalee and joran made out in the backseat at the lighthouse.  That is the extent of our information.  The lawyer for one of the security guard made this clear in a lot of different interviews.  And Rick Leventhal from Fox news, corrected Sean Hannity who made the claim that they had sex, by saying that this was a misunderstanding and that they had only made out.  Believe me, the AP wouldn't have taken the statement out due to respect for the family, they took it out because it was just a rumor or simply false.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #498 on: June 19, 2005, 06:34:50 PM »

Quote from: "CancunMole"
Quote from: "TTownMike"
The first story was they went to the lighthouse and had sex with natalee and then dropped at the holiday inn (this from the first AP dispatch) where the security guards entered the scene.  Two security guards were arrested.  When they got out, one, I think Mickey, who was in a cell near Deepak, announced that Deepak told him it was all a lie and that in fact they went to the lighthouse then dropped Joran and Natalee at the Marriott and then went home and then Deepak went back when Joran sent him a text message.  The other guard was near Joran and said that Joran told him they dropped him off at home then took Natalee presumably to the hotel.   So, there are two hearsay versions.  Now Joran's lawyer is being dsiciplined for talking to one of these guys to get information from him on the case.  Did Joran's lawyer put him up to broadcasting Joran's alibi?
Notably (or not), we've never heard a word directly from guard #2.  Whats up with that?

Yeah we did:

Story posted to BNN 6/13/2005 9:02:08 AM
Breaking News by Dan Riehl
Unconfirmed but from regular reader Mimi. Consider the source, even if true. Looks like two against one scenario could be playing out.

According to the attorney ,Jones declared that Joran is convinced that he is being framed. Joran is saying that he did not go to the lighthouse with the group at all. He testified that after he left the club, he caught a ride home with his Surinamese friends, the brothers Kalpoe. At that time Natalee Holloway was in the car. Joran allegedly testified that the Kalpoes dropped him off at his home and drove off with Natalee in car. It was only afterwards (a few days later), around the swimming pool at his house, that the Kalpoes made plans to come out with one version of the events. But now it seems that they are trying to frame Joran. The attorney also told the radio station that his client has been hearing Joran van der Sloot sobbing a lot lately.

Well yeah, sept for that! Embarassed
luna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #499 on: June 19, 2005, 06:35:20 PM »

RB...I can understand your take on cultural differences between Southerners and Dutch....in a normal business setting.

However, remember the timeline that was posted a coupla days ago?

It said that when the Twittys, Arubian authoriities, and Pop VDS (thanks for clearing that up someone), arrived at the VDS house late at night the day Nat was reported missing....the Dad became "irate" or words to that effect.  I think it said the convo became heated....and the police said the meeting should disperse.   So that lead me to think Jug may have more cause for his statement....could be wrong of course.

But I always thought it odd that the Dad became upset....maybe he was sayin stuff to protect Joran..no doubt.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.