April 27, 2024, 10:24:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 11 - 6/19/05  (Read 177277 times)
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: June 19, 2005, 06:55:55 PM »

Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"
Quote from: "Terry"
Quote from: "RB"
Luna, coming to a Dutch house at 1am uninvited (whether business or not) is considered rude.  They're lucky he opened the door.

Rude when accompanied by the police because their son was the last person seen with their missing daughter??
I think RB is stating that to be the culture??? Not something they are used to. I don't think he/she is defending anybody.

Well, most Americans aren't used to people coming to their house at 1 AM either. Very Happy   However, if it's a police matter, that's obviously a different story.  Now for someone in that situation to give misinformation to the police and the family in that situation is, well, sleazy.

It was not a police matter and police did not go to the door. Hence the honking of the horn. The told the party that if any of VDS came out they could speak to him but this was not a police matter because she had not been missing long enough.
Michael22
Scared Monkey

« Reply #541 on: June 19, 2005, 06:55:57 PM »

wow you guys see this..?

An Aruban blogger from another site wrote that some of Natalee's belongings were found at Van Rijn's house...

http://www.nataleeholloway.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=43&PN=1

any resident from aruba can you confirm this..?
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #542 on: June 19, 2005, 06:56:05 PM »

Quote from: "DAG"
Does anyone know what Jug Twitty does for a living, where we works? My reason for asking this is being that they live in a very upscale, influential section of Birmingham I'm sure that through his work or people he knows they would be able to hire a very good lawyer through acquintances or work.

Personally, I would much prefer a lawyer that I knew or that I knew of to represent by best wishes.

manager at a metal in birmingham i think  i forget the name
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #543 on: June 19, 2005, 06:56:28 PM »

Quote from: "mehill10"
Does anyone know what Jug Twitty does for a living, where we works? My reason for asking this is being that they live in a very upscale, influential section of Birmingham I'm sure that through his work or people he knows they would be able to hire a very good lawyer through acquintances or work.

Personally, I would much prefer a lawyer that I knew or that I knew of to represent by best wishes.

manager at a metal company in birmingham i think  i forget the name
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #544 on: June 19, 2005, 06:56:47 PM »

CancunMole, you're welcome - I expected flames and explosions.  Someone else mentioned that they wondered why Daddy VS got irate and it's very simple, really.  Provided he really isn't hiding anything, he probably felt he'd already ignored the rudeness by talking to the Twittys, and under the stress of their daughter missing, the Twittys probably because getting frustrated and, perhaps, slightly accusatory.  That would take the "rudeness" to a whole new level, and Daddy VS probably was irate at his "graciousness" being, as he's perceived it, taken advantage of.

Speculation of the scenario, of course.
Nope!  Don't think you're right!  The Twitty's were very under control.  In fact Beth stayed in the car.  She didn't want to be close to him.  Yep, SLIMEBALL!
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #545 on: June 19, 2005, 06:56:47 PM »

yeah-
and if i were joran , that guy would be my dad Wink

peace to all
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #546 on: June 19, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »

littletxlady

The police accompanied the Twittys - they were not privy to conversation, or Jug Twitty would not have said in his CNN interview a short while ago that he hadn't "shared" his conversation with Daddy VS with the police.

Regardless, you have to understand if there was a question about Joran Van der Sloot's involvement, Mr Van der Sloot would have expected all of this to come through the "normal" channels.  I'm not defending the VS's, I'm just saying I can see how this could get perceived in the manner it is by Jug Twitty.

That's not what I heard.  What I heard was that he wouldn't share details of that conversation with the media because it is part of the ongoing investigation.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #547 on: June 19, 2005, 06:57:01 PM »

I agree with your perspective.  I know the Dutch too and am not that enamoured of them.  I find them odd.  I could see how Dutch and Southerners might be like oil and water.  I too reflected on how a suspicious Dutch lawyer/bureacrat guy might react in the middle of the night if the cops and some gringos showed up and started grilling his kid.  Remember Dan reported a confontation.  "Jug" won't talk about it.  Van der Sloot probably started lawyering on him when the questions got too intrusive that night.  Van der Sloot is probably prohibited from speaking to the press for reasons of profesional discipline.  As to the scene of him running from cameras, what do you do when ambushed by the press as you are headed out and you can't talk?  You scurry off.  "Jug" called him a chicken.  "Jug" said he turns his stomach.  "Jug" gets all his media face time on his terms, with the right setting, the right background, etc.  He is a victim.  He has cast Van der Sloot as the villian.   Did you hear "like father Like Son"?   Poor van der sloot has to take it all silently like a man.  But then "jug" let on that he thinks this could be bigger than the three kids though they are not telling all they know.  By the way, "Jug" has  brother "Jar".  Are these indicative of parents in the white lightning business?  In any case, "Jug" has dropped his mask of good old boy southern charm today and showed he is real pissed.  I attribute it to culture shock.  He may not be used to prolonged stays foreign and he is distraught becasue of the loss of his stepdaughter.    

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Whoa, I missed the report.  Jug Twitty called him "an obnoxious slimeball"!!!  Amazing.  The Twitty's must know more than they're saying!

Just for a second, hear me out before you flame me.  (If you flame me, make it hot - I like spicy)  I'd like to say I take Jug Twitty' comment only at face value and have a good reason for it. While I understand the Twittys' frustration, the VS's are not from the gracious South like the Twittys.  

Let me just say that having worked with the Dutch and travelled to the Netherlands several times early in my career, one might take the "obnoxious slimeball" comment as an example of cultural differences between the Twittys and the VS's.  I can tell you that upon first blush being a Southerner and working with my Dutch counterparts, I found them dry, arrogant and conceited and can imagine pretty well how Jug perceived them.  

After getting used to the way the Dutch think, I changed my mind and realized they just didn't have the same pleasantries I was accustomed to and as I got to know some of them better, I found I dug the way they thought and did things.  I learned not everybody thinks like an American, especially those Southerns who value such hospitable attitudes and warmth.

If this situation had happened in the South and the VS's were Southern, one would expect that if the VS's showed up at the Twitty's door at 1am, the Twitty's would have done whatever they could to help. They *expected* the VS's would be that way, and they weren't.  Hence some of the frustration Jug Twitty displayed.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #548 on: June 19, 2005, 06:57:18 PM »

Aruba girl said last night that this was what she had been hearing, but could not confirm other than that is was local talk.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #549 on: June 19, 2005, 06:57:32 PM »

Quote from: "Michael22"
wow you guys see this..?

An Aruban blogger from another site wrote that some of Natalee's belongings were found at Van Rijn's house...

Either Arubagirl or Americaninaruba brought this up yesterday.  I don't believe it's confirmed yet.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #550 on: June 19, 2005, 06:58:08 PM »

wow you guys see this..?

which one is van rijns?

peace to all
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #551 on: June 19, 2005, 06:58:43 PM »

Quote from: "Terry"
Luna, coming to a Dutch house at 1am uninvited (whether business or not) is considered rude.  They're lucky he opened the door.

Rude when accompanied by the police because their son was the last person seen with their missing daughter??
I think RB is stating that to be the culture??? Not something they are used to. I don't think he/she is defending anybody.

Well, most Americans aren't used to people coming to their house at 1 AM either. :D   However, if it's a police matter, that's obviously a different story.  Now for someone in that situation to give misinformation to the police and the family in that situation is, well, sleazy.

In raising 4 kids I've made my share of calls to other parents late at night.  I've never felt bad as I'd expect them to do the same.  As parents we all know how scary not knowing where your kids are is.

It's sort of a code of honor among parents.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #552 on: June 19, 2005, 06:59:12 PM »

Quote from: "unsurelok"
The Twitty's were with the authorities. Opening the door to the police at 1 is considered rude?
If my teenager was out of the house and the authorities showed up I'd be opening that door in a second fearing something had happened to my child, that is unless I knew why they were there.

Please point me to a link that specifically states they went with authorities.
Oh Yeah, the took the cops!
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #553 on: June 19, 2005, 06:59:18 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
littletxlady

The police accompanied the Twittys - they were not privy to conversation, or Jug Twitty would not have said in his CNN interview a short while ago that he hadn't "shared" his conversation with Daddy VS with the police.

Regardless, you have to understand if there was a question about Joran Van der Sloot's involvement, Mr Van der Sloot would have expected all of this to come through the "normal" channels.  I'm not defending the VS's, I'm just saying I can see how this could get perceived in the manner it is by Jug Twitty.

That's not what I heard.  What I heard was that he wouldn't share details of that conversation with the media because it is part of the ongoing investigation.

It'll be on again - but I distinctly heard him say he hadn't shared "that" (and I'm quoting him) conversation with police.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #554 on: June 19, 2005, 06:59:45 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
wow you guys see this..?

which one is van rijns?

Lorenzo
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #555 on: June 19, 2005, 06:59:58 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
wow you guys see this..?

which one is van rijns?

Lorenzo Van Rijn.  He's the one who is crazy.  His father committed suicide by hanging 3 years ago.  Speculation that he is actually the illigitemate son of Paulas Van Der Sloot.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #556 on: June 19, 2005, 07:00:08 PM »

It was not a police matter and police did not go to the door. Hence the honking of the horn. The told the party that if any of VDS came out they could speak to him but this was not a police matter because she had not been missing long enough.

Where is that information coming from?  I have always had the impression that the police were with the parents during this confrontation.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: June 19, 2005, 07:00:20 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
I ageee with your perspective.  

how is your brother?   max feeling better?

peace to all
clevfan1234
Scared Monkey

« Reply #558 on: June 19, 2005, 07:00:35 PM »

Jug is a plant manager at a steel manufaturing plant in Bham
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #559 on: June 19, 2005, 07:01:29 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"

Where is that information coming from?  I have always had the impression that the police were with the parents during this confrontation.

Comes from all the articles. It was not a police matter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.