April 27, 2024, 03:17:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 11 - 6/19/05  (Read 177290 times)
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: June 19, 2005, 08:00:35 PM »

Quote from: "sarah"
Rudeness implies impoliteness.  I believe niceties fly out the window when YOUR CHILD IS MISSING!!!!!!!!!  HAVING MANNERS IS THE LAST THING ON YOUR MIND AND ANY REASONABLE ADULT SHOULD KNOW THIS!!!!!

okay is anyone else getting a headache from this?
maybe i'm too sensitive then

peace to all
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: June 19, 2005, 08:01:10 PM »

Quote from: "goon squad"
When, pray tell, was this "formal process" going to begin?

If the family and co. had not flown down, at what point would the police have bothered to get in touch with JVDS?

Several hours had already gone by since JVDS was identified as among the last people seen with a missing girl (legalities and semantics aside).  You're telling me it's improper police procedure to get in touch with that guy, and get his story?

I have heard without the Twittys there it would have been 48 hours missing before action.
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #702 on: June 19, 2005, 08:01:21 PM »

I Am Dutch and agree with you , it would be nicer if they used more tact or clarify what was happening. After all father van der sloot tried to locate his son .
But must admit when I am in the shoes of the parents of Natalee and people are telling stories about some guy is responsible for doing something to my child I would not hesitate neighter to knock at his door . Because I would be very desperate to find out what happend and a that moment I would not consider the law at all . But that is a natural impulsive reaction I guess.    

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "luna"
absolut...I'm on no crusade.  I just find it incredible that RB would state that the Twitty's were rude to knock on a Dutch door at 1 am and that "they" were lucky he opened the door.

He said he stood by his statement....and I guess he does.

Maybe someone dutch can tell you how they would feel about a 1am visit before the reason for the visit is clarified, then to find out it is to find their son because he was known to be with a girl on a carribean island.

I can tell you if you show up at my house without police looking for my kid because yours is missing. I may even be rude back.

Only the facts
maggie fff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #703 on: June 19, 2005, 08:02:20 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Earlier today a local said their mcdonalds are not the 24 hour version and are not open at 3 am.

Mcd's close at 1am

If someone was helping in a cover up the last thing they'd want is a hamburger.  What could one do at a closed McDonald's?

1.  Use a pay phone, avoiding cell phone records.
2.  Use trash bins/dumpster.
3.  ???
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #704 on: June 19, 2005, 08:03:18 PM »

Quote from: "maggie fff"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Earlier today a local said their mcdonalds are not the 24 hour version and are not open at 3 am.

Mcd's close at 1am

If someone was helping in a cover up the last thing they'd want is a hamburger.  What could one do at a closed McDonald's?

1.  Use a pay phone, avoiding cell phone records.
2.  Use trash bins/dumpster.
3.  ???

this also not offical info

peace to all
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #705 on: June 19, 2005, 08:03:37 PM »

Quote from: "bendex"
in the dutch culture it is very rude to snitch or betray someone , remember the statement of anita van der sloot blood is thicker then water . Meaning we all stick toghether.
Personally as a dutchie I prever that someone steals my money then that they betray me.  If I know for examplke that a friend of mine commited a fellony I would neglect him 100 % that is his problem but i would not go to the police.

That is absolutely mindboggling that it's honorable to protect a criminal. Unbelieveable. And yet, we have the international court at the hague apparently judging the evils of the world. Does anybody find that a very conflicting message?
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #706 on: June 19, 2005, 08:04:49 PM »

Quote from: "writenow"
in the dutch culture it is very rude to snitch or betray someone , remember the statement of anita van der sloot blood is thicker then water . Meaning we all stick toghether.
Personally as a dutchie I prever that someone steals my money then that they betray me.  If I know for examplke that a friend of mine commited a fellony I would neglect him 100 % that is his problem but i would not go to the police.

That is absolutely mindboggling that it's honorable to protect a criminal. Unbelieveable. And yet, we have the international court at the hague apparently judging the evils of the world. Does anybody find that a very conflicting message?

This is not a generaliztion.
bkhypnotic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #707 on: June 19, 2005, 08:05:07 PM »

Does anyone know what the people that saw PVDS at McD's were doing there?  (I'm not trying to be a smartass.  I want to make sure it doesn't come across that way).
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #708 on: June 19, 2005, 08:05:48 PM »

Quote from: "bkhypnotic"
Does anyone know what the people that saw PVDS at McD's were doing there?  (I'm not trying to be a smartass.  I want to make sure it doesn't come across that way).

This rumor is far from being substantiated.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #709 on: June 19, 2005, 08:06:26 PM »

Does anybody find that a very conflicting message?

First, bendex, thanks for your view.  

And yes writenow, it is conflicting to the American point of view.
CAMDOG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #710 on: June 19, 2005, 08:06:55 PM »

"........If I know for examplke that a friend of mine commited a fellony I would neglect him 100 % that is his problem but i would not go to the police."

Even if it were a life or death situation involving a missing person???
I guess that pretty much explains why Natalee is still missing.  Frightening.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #711 on: June 19, 2005, 08:07:04 PM »

If the family and co. had not flown down, at what point would the police have bothered to get in touch with JVDS?

Several hours had already gone by since JVDS was identified as among the last people seen with a missing girl (legalities and semantics aside).  You're telling me it's improper police procedure to get in touch with that guy, and get his story?

I have heard without the Twittys there it would have been 48 hours missing before action.

Question so is that usually enough time???

peace to all
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #712 on: June 19, 2005, 08:07:14 PM »

Quote from: "MominTN"
Aruba may have low crime but there is drug trafficking.
http://www.ice.gov/graphics/news/newsreleases/articles/050610miami.htm
"During these cruises, conspirators smuggled cocaine, heroin, and crack strapped to their bodies onto the cruise ships in Aruba, St. Maarten, Panama, and Curacao. In total, fifty-five (55) individuals have been charged during the course of the investigation. "

But that isn't arubian crime. Those are our indictments.

The conspirators weren't all American citizens.  The drugs were strapped on their bodies in Aruba.  This is illegal drug trafficking.  These drugs were brought into Aruba for the purpose of bringing them into the USA illegally.  People were extradited from different countries in the Caribbean to face prosecution.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #713 on: June 19, 2005, 08:07:16 PM »

I descend from Alabamans transplanted from Virginia and South Carolina, same people that great party girl Talullah Brockman Bankhead comes from, and before her Senators, Congressman and a Speaker of the House (her father I think).  My folks left in 1846 and as far as I know, never looked back.  No, I don't understand them and too old to learn.  

Quote from: "TTownMike"
Quote from: "iquitos"
By the way, "Jug" has  brother "Jar".  Are these indicative of parents in the white lightning business?

Iquitos,

You SOOOOO don't understand southerners. They ALL have nicknames. And, honey, these are more southern aristocracy than moonshiners. Not everyone in the south is a redneck.

Good grief.
I agree with you write, and please let there be no mistake, I've never had moonshine and I ain't no redneck, sotaspeak![/quote]
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #714 on: June 19, 2005, 08:07:37 PM »

People on other crime sites email fox to have them update things in the story they have dropped. En Masse this seems to have an effect. Are the questions still about Dario and other things. EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL. Fox is live from 9-11pm.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #715 on: June 19, 2005, 08:08:39 PM »

In my opinion, Dutch people will do everything to help their families, but they won't be blind if they comitted a crime.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #716 on: June 19, 2005, 08:08:53 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Professor...do you teach at Troy State?

Finance.
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #717 on: June 19, 2005, 08:08:59 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
Quote from: "RB"
ANYONE coming to a Dutch residence uninvited beyond a reasonable hour is considered rude.

And ANYONE offering to drive a Southern girl back to her hotel and not making sure she arrived safely is considered rude AT ANY HOUR. Shall we get into how rude kidnapping, molestation and murder are AT ANY HOUR?

I guess the flamers have come out of the woodwork Smile  Sorry folks, it's not spicy enough, as these are so easy to respond to I'm actually disappointed.  I worked myself up for so much more Smile

You don't know she's been kidnapped, you don't know she's been molested, and you don't know she's been murdered.  You only know she's missing - anything else is speculation and should be labelled as such. Don't twist what I said about the perception of cultural differences to be a negative comment about the Twittys - go back to my first post about this issue and read it again.  I think it's pretty clear what I said.

Plus, I read they were with the police.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #718 on: June 19, 2005, 08:09:02 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"

It was asked how long before police would have acted, I answered. I have no opinion about that.

Question so is that usually enough time???
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #719 on: June 19, 2005, 08:09:07 PM »

I completely agree with you on your first point.  However, the Hague has 15 judges, all from different nationalities.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.