April 27, 2024, 11:22:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 11 - 6/19/05  (Read 177282 times)
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #760 on: June 19, 2005, 08:28:35 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
So what were the unsupervised Mountain Brook Kids doing in the McDonald's parking lot at 3 am, waiting for it to open for breakfast of disposing of something or waiting for some hookup?  Have they reported their suspicions to the police?  And as someone asked earlier, how did they recognize Mr. van der Sloot?  Finally, if they have so much to say, why don't they get out on the record insted of spreading it around on the web while hiding behind some FBI muzzle which must apply to the internet as well?  

Quote from: "AnnieMW1"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Earlier today a local said their mcdonalds are not the 24 hour version and are not open at 3 am.

Only way this could be valid was be if it was a meeting spot.  But I would guess this type of business would have surveilance cameras.

Funny how a lot of us assumed that this report meant he was inside wolfing down food [thus, 1a v 3a debate] - when in fact, maybe he was just in the parking lot or near the dumpster!  Surveillance video.

The MB kids were gone home by then, weren't they?  This comes from somebody else?
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #761 on: June 19, 2005, 08:28:36 PM »

About the phone cards being sold in convencience stores. Not specifically for those types of pay phones. They discontinued that with the invasion of pre-paid cellphones. I think that the only place where you can buy those is at the offices themselves.

Most people that use those services are foreigners, yes. Again, with the introduction of the pre-paid cellphones, everyone has a cellphone, so the local phone company doesn't really care much about the payphones.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
ottwolves
Scared Monkey

« Reply #762 on: June 19, 2005, 08:28:46 PM »

Quote from: "Herkimer"
Hi Everyone - This is my first post, and maybe a little off topic, but...

Is this the 'Marten' that's been discussed?

http://www.khonkaen.com/english/classifieds/view_print.asp?id=50066311085100009

Cheers from sunny Texas

Hi Herk, yes that is the sicko.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #763 on: June 19, 2005, 08:29:12 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "TTownMike"
Quote from: "bendex"
I think i would not be amused neigther when a complete stranger comes to my house accusing me and my family of wrong doings.

Quote from: "luna"
RB...okay, I'm just going to make one more comment on this:

RB wrote:
Luna, coming to a Dutch house at 1am uninvited (whether business or not) is considered rude. They're lucky he opened the door.

So do you still stand by this statement?  It's not like they stopped by for tea.

The police honked their car horn repeatedly every few minutes til Pop VDS came out.  It was apparent that this was a serious matter.  So are the Twitty's still rude?  And are they lucky Pop opened the door?
I wouldn't accuse them (the Twittys)of of accusing him of anything.  They were desperately seeking their  daughter.  My guess is before this meeting they did not have it in their minds that he had harmed her neccesarily but rather they were there because as of that time that was where Nat's trail ran.  If it was me and I had no reason to feel defensive, I would be concerned and compasionate and would do everything I could to help fined Natalee.  First reactions tell us a lot.  What do they tell you?

They did not come there asking him to look for their daughter, they came there looking for his son. Lets not be confused.
That's exactly what I meant.  The leads they had lead them to an occupant of that address.  They were wanting to ask "Well, Urine, would you tell us where you saw Natalee last."  At that point they had no reason to suspect or accuse him of anything at all.  But, by the time they left, they could see that there was something very wrong that lives at that address!
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #764 on: June 19, 2005, 08:29:14 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
Quote from: "arubagirl"
Nancy_Drew,
Aruba Girl, drive by shooting, decapitated man from the other day. Natalee missing. They are starting to add up, no?

Red?  They are? Please explain -- do you have more info?
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #765 on: June 19, 2005, 08:30:04 PM »

Quote from: "Juvenal"
Quote from: "RB"
Does anybody find that a very conflicting message?

First, bendex, thanks for your view.  

And yes writenow, it is conflicting to the American point of view.

I must apologize, but I don't buy the argument that anything that says that possible life or death matters have anything to do with "cultural differences." That's the biggest crock ever. I know that there are good people and bad people in every culture.

Any parent that has a child missing in a foreign country is going to be distraught, and will forget to observe the finer points of etiquette.

Furthermore, any decent person, especially one with children of his own, would understand this. The race or nationality of that person does not matter one iota.

Same thing if you know that your friend had possibly killed someone. I do not buy that to protect someone you know is guilty is a "Dutch cultural trait." What a load of sh*t. Do you realize by saying that, you've just slandered your own people?

I don't know what was said between Jug and Paulus VDS. It could be that Paulus tried to be helpful and Jug remained angry and confrontational. All I do know is that none of that had anything to do with either Dutch or American cultural standards.

Well said!
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #766 on: June 19, 2005, 08:30:13 PM »

doubt it would be hard at all to find a means to get off the island undetected.  the place has always been a smugglers den.  

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
iquitos, that comment about someone having a speedboat was why I was asking earlier today if locals can pretty much move freely between the three islands.  The answer I got was that she had done it on a jetski--so I would guess a speedboat would have no problems.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #767 on: June 19, 2005, 08:30:14 PM »

I love those reminders, Catriana!  Very Happy

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
maggie fff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #768 on: June 19, 2005, 08:30:39 PM »

So what were the unsupervised Mountain Brook Kids doing in the McDonald's parking lot at 3 am,

Who said it was a MB student who witnessed this event?

/
luckydee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #769 on: June 19, 2005, 08:30:50 PM »

Cheers from sunny Texas

Yes, that's the same Marten on Tickle. He seems like a real winner, doesn't he?
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #770 on: June 19, 2005, 08:30:51 PM »

On Aruba, a meeting of powerful people took place which put a major drug trafficking plot in action.  The drugs were manufactured in Columbia, warehoused in Venezuela, and put on a Saudi private jet in Caracas to transport to Paris, Italy, and Spain.  Two of the people have been convicted in the USA.
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/fls/050503-01.html

If people can plan a major drug trafficking operation in Aruba, do you not think they can kidnap one young naive woman?
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #771 on: June 19, 2005, 08:31:42 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "arubagirl"
Nancy_Drew, in my opinion you should take everything what reporters say with a grain of salt. Both Aruban and U.S.

I agree!

And yet I've noticed everyone is hanging on every word coming out of the newscasts on CNN, FOX and MSNBC.

Look, journalists work diligently to not only dig out facts, but verify those facts through multiple sources. If people don't talk to them, they have no information to report. and they do it all on deadline, sometimes with less than ideal resources at their disposal. We have a large network of people working to get information on this site. Journalists have less manpower. Give 'em a break.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #772 on: June 19, 2005, 08:32:30 PM »

The question is why, MominTN

friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: June 19, 2005, 08:32:40 PM »

Quote from: "ottwolves"

Cheers from sunny Texas

is his first name max or is it marten?

peace to all
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #774 on: June 19, 2005, 08:33:11 PM »

writenow, I haven't watched CNN in days.

Just sayin'

iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #775 on: June 19, 2005, 08:33:39 PM »

When was this sighting?  Which McDonalds?
pinto
Scared Monkey

« Reply #776 on: June 19, 2005, 08:33:50 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
When we hear the word "chase", we think of white Broncos and "Cops". I think this Hispanic man probably meant to say somethink like "we are trying to track the movements of" and used an inaccurate word.

I agree; this is what I thought when I heard it.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #777 on: June 19, 2005, 08:34:37 PM »

When was this sighting?  Which McDonalds?

It is a rumor from a post on comments on Dan's blog. It is very similar to the Ice agents brother on Blogger info.
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #778 on: June 19, 2005, 08:34:48 PM »

Arubagirl, Red implied there's some connection with the recent crime spree and Natalee - has there been something more said on local news that we haven't heard?

Thanks for your patience and the information you provide.
luckydee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #779 on: June 19, 2005, 08:35:06 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "ottwolves"

Cheers from sunny Texas

is his first name max or is it marten?

Marten van den Berg
http://www.meetingthaipeople.com/about.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.