April 27, 2024, 11:23:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 11 - 6/19/05  (Read 177283 times)
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #820 on: June 19, 2005, 08:49:03 PM »

Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Quote from: "Herkimer"
Hi Everyone - This is my first post, and maybe a little off topic, but...

Is this the 'Marten' that's been discussed?

http://www.khonkaen.com/english/classifieds/view_print.asp?id=50066311085100009

Cheers from sunny Texas

Sure reads like Shellbells new boy...er, gramp toy.  Creepy man, isn't he?

Who is my new boy?
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: June 19, 2005, 08:49:04 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
I still want to know at which McDonald's.

It never says. The assumption is the one by the hotels.
luna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #822 on: June 19, 2005, 08:49:35 PM »

juvenal said:
"I don't know what was said between Jug and Paulus VDS. It could be that Paulus tried to be helpful and Jug remained angry and confrontational. All I do know is that none of that had anything to do with either Dutch or American cultural standards."

This was my point exactly.  The whole discussion with RB started because he said that Jug's statement that Pop VDS was "THE most obnoxious slimeball" he'd ever met was likely due to cultural misunderstandings.  I do not agree with that.  'Nuff said.  Glad others agreed with me....thanks.

End of subject.

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) -- Police questioned an Aruba judge Sunday for the second day in a row in connection with the disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/19/missing.teen/
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: June 19, 2005, 08:50:29 PM »

Quote from: "Shellbell"

Cheers from sunny Texas

Who is my new boy?

No I think Shell's BF was the guy questioned and released, wasn't he Shell?

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #824 on: June 19, 2005, 08:50:39 PM »

when was this sighting?  do we know?  

From websleuths:
A poster named samthebam at Riehl's blog is stating that she is from Mountain Brook and has some interesting information. She states that the father VDS was seen at at McDonald's at 3 a.m. Someone stated that McDonald's closes at 1 a.m. He could have been there discarding something in a dumpster. samthebam says that because his behavior is very suspicious, he has not been allowed to see his son. Following is another post of hers:
...I am very confident that the dad was out at 3 a.m. and that the authorities are extremely suspicious.

Hint: the person who told me this has the last name of Twitty.

« Reply #825 on: June 19, 2005, 08:51:04 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"

It never says. The assumption is the one by the hotels.

hey aruba girl....
well the other is where near saventa?

aruba girl whats a good music/soca statioin??

peace to all
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: June 19, 2005, 08:51:11 PM »

Quote from: "luna"
juvenal said:
"I don't know what was said between Jug and Paulus VDS. It could be that Paulus tried to be helpful and Jug remained angry and confrontational. All I do know is that none of that had anything to do with either Dutch or American cultural standards."

This was my point exactly.  The whole discussion with RB started because he said that Jug's statement that Pop VDS was "THE most obnoxious slimeball" he'd ever met was likely due to cultural misunderstandings.  I do not agree with that.  'Nuff said.  Glad others agreed with me....thanks.

End of subject.

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) -- Police questioned an Aruba judge Sunday for the second day in a row in connection with the disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

Last word?
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #827 on: June 19, 2005, 08:51:13 PM »

Mind you that Kant never managed to resolve this question neighter,  

Quote from: "RB"
In fact this was an issue raised by the great pfhilosfer Kant " when is it justified to betray a good friend, relatice or a stranger "

So it is a universal philsofical question .

And so it is.  Juve, we weren't debating whether it applied or not - just that as in with the interpretations of language (see Dairo reporter's use of "chase" vs "tracking, monitoring"), things can get misunderstood by both sides. Europeans and Americans are different, and they have different interpretations of morals, values, and conduct. We're much more straightforward (which can be construed as crass and obnoxious) than our counterparts overseas.

Only the facts
maggie fff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #828 on: June 19, 2005, 08:52:01 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
i may be wrong it was reported by someone from Alabama was it not?    but when was this sighting?  maybe vander sloot is doing his own investigation.  

Quote from: "maggie fff"
So what were the unsupervised Mountain Brook Kids doing in the McDonald's parking lot at 3 am,

Who said it was a MB student who witnessed this event?

/

It's assumed the poster was from Alabama, claiming to be a relative of the Twittys.  ...

I'm in Mountain Brook and from the people who have recently returned from Aruba is that Van der Sloot's dad was seen at a McDonald's at 3 a.m. the night Natalee disappeared.

I don't think this has been reported in the mainstream media so hopefully this will help those of of you who are following this closely. This is my first post here and I'm posting something I think all of you might find significant.

Natalee goes missing at about 1 to 1:30 a.m. and the Van der Sloot's dad is seen at a McDonalds at 3a.m. I assume the dad has a job and would have to be at work the next day. There to me it is very suspicious.......

Arubagirl, thanks for the info. I'm just repeating what I've heard in the hopes that the people here will find it helpful. Since McDonald's closes at 1 am, myabe he was at another fast food joint at 3 a.m. and maybe he was at McDonald's even though it was closed. I don't know. But this info was given to me by a family member and FWIW, the fact that father was out that late is why he is not being allowed to see his son in prison. His behavior that night is considered to be very suspicious.

Arubagirl, it sounds like you doubt me. While the "where" of my post may be wrong, I am very confident that the dad was out at 3 a.m. and that the authorities are extremely suspicious.

Moey, Jan, the point I'm trying to get across is this: he was seen somewhere - I heard McDonalds - at 3 a.m. , the authorities are so suspicious that they won't allow him to see Joran in jail.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #829 on: June 19, 2005, 08:52:37 PM »

here is the link for that article about the dead man. and here is the link. A lot of other stuff posted there too.

http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/?view=day&blogDate=6/10/2005

Latest developments in Aruba:The latest occurrences in Aruba suggest that the island is currently going trough very bad times. Starting with case of Natalee Holloway who has been missing since may 30th . The local authorities aided by the FBI and some Dutch experts have not been able to crack this case yet. As if this case wasn’t enough, Hasibokos.com has received information that the police have found a (partially) decapitated body of an Aruban male Saturday morning in the neighborhood called Sabana (see map). . According to preliminary (unconfirmed) reports the man was murdered in his house and then later dumped in a cemetery close by. The scene at the house and the cemetery have been described as gruesome and bloody. There are also reports of an additional person who’s missing on the island. The pickup truck of the missing man has been found, but the man himself is nowhere to be found. This recent murder and additional missing case are all being investigated
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: June 19, 2005, 08:52:39 PM »

when was this sighting?  do we know?  

From websleuths:
A poster named samthebam at Riehl's blog is stating that she is from Mountain Brook and has some interesting information. She states that the father VDS was seen at at McDonald's at 3 a.m. Someone stated that McDonald's closes at 1 a.m. He could have been there discarding something in a dumpster. samthebam says that because his behavior is very suspicious, he has not been allowed to see his son. Following is another post of hers:
...I am very confident that the dad was out at 3 a.m. and that the authorities are extremely suspicious.

IT would have been 3am Monday the 30th.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #831 on: June 19, 2005, 08:52:54 PM »

Bendex, that's sooo true Smile
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #832 on: June 19, 2005, 08:53:09 PM »

Quote from: "Juvenal"
If we were very close friends, and I told you that I had murdered someone that everybody had been looking for, who has already betrayed whom? And who would you be betraying by not telling anyone?

It might be a universal philosophical question, but it doesn't take much at all to figure it out. To turn a friend in for murder does not fit the definition of "betrayal." If I killed someone, than I have already betrayed you as a friend. Turning me in would be nothing more than common decency on your part. Otherwise you would only be betraying my next victim.

Well said, Juv.
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #833 on: June 19, 2005, 08:53:34 PM »

Cheers from sunny Texas

Who is my new boy?

Marten, since Kerin used your pic to contact him.  Wink  Notice the second link, his official site is all about bringing people together. I'm really thinking there's more to the Marten thing than meets the eye. May not be relative to Nat and VdS, but many of the same friends on both their tickle sites, yes?
mountainmac
Scared Monkey

« Reply #834 on: June 19, 2005, 08:53:48 PM »

Wasn't there a chat room set up on this topic (Natalee's disappearance). I thought I saw the site admin lady post a link or something...or maybe I'm having hallucinations from being on this board too long?
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #835 on: June 19, 2005, 08:53:59 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Please stop bashing the Dutch as a group.

Cultures are different and that does not make one good and the other bad.
I tried being Dutch for a bit.  But those damn wooden shoes were just too much, so I quit it!
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #836 on: June 19, 2005, 08:54:15 PM »

Nice link! thanks -- this says that Joran's mother got visit with him while Dad was being questioned. Also suggests they've been moved to different places to keep them from talking to one another - I thought they had said earlier they were keeping them separated. Now they need them in separate facilities to accomplish this?
Lucy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #837 on: June 19, 2005, 08:54:33 PM »

Arubagirl
Decided to keep you busy while you get the reply about which MacDonald's.  If you can be so kind, what is the current status on Arends, Van Sijn, Stev Croes?  Are they loose, just brought in for questioning or what?

Thnaks,
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #838 on: June 19, 2005, 08:54:48 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"

Cheers from sunny Texas

Who is my new boy?

Yeah Kerin, he is suppose to take me to dinner.  He likes older women. Razz

No I think Shell's BF was the guy questioned and released, wasn't he Shell?
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #839 on: June 19, 2005, 08:54:51 PM »

It must have been the one closest to the Holiday Inn. (go check the dumpster!) Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.