April 27, 2024, 11:00:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 11 - 6/19/05  (Read 177279 times)
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #880 on: June 19, 2005, 09:07:59 PM »

Until this is over we really won't know if they are good investigators or not.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: June 19, 2005, 09:08:16 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Things that make you go hmmmd dept.

Now Mariane Croes cannot comment on Mr. VDS's precise profession.

That's new. It seems that I have heard several previous attempts to explain his job. Judge, official, judge in training... now the prosecutor's office cannot comment.

Maybe he got canned.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #882 on: June 19, 2005, 09:08:58 PM »

Quote from: "Lucy"
Pardon my ignorance, but can anyone explain how you replay with the reference post within a boX?????

you mean, how do you quote, Lucy?

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
pinto
Scared Monkey

« Reply #883 on: June 19, 2005, 09:09:14 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Whoa, I missed the report.  Jug Twitty called him "an obnoxious slimeball"!!!  Amazing.  The Twitty's must know more than they're saying!

Just for a second, hear me out before you flame me.  (If you flame me, make it hot - I like spicy)  I'd like to say I take Jug Twitty' comment only at face value and have a good reason for it. While I understand the Twittys' frustration, the VS's are not from the gracious South like the Twittys.  

Let me just say that having worked with the Dutch and travelled to the Netherlands several times early in my career, one might take the "obnoxious slimeball" comment as an example of cultural differences between the Twittys and the VS's.  I can tell you that upon first blush being a Southerner and working with my Dutch counterparts, I found them dry, arrogant and conceited and can imagine pretty well how Jug perceived them.  

After getting used to the way the Dutch think, I changed my mind and realized they just didn't have the same pleasantries I was accustomed to and as I got to know some of them better, I found I dug the way they thought and did things.  I learned not everybody thinks like an American, especially those Southerns who value such hospitable attitudes and warmth.

If this situation had happened in the South and the VS's were Southern, one would expect that if the VS's showed up at the Twitty's door at 1am, the Twitty's would have done whatever they could to help. They *expected* the VS's would be that way, and they weren't.  Hence some of the frustration Jug Twitty displayed.

I thought the exact same thing. It doesn't mean PVDS wasn't obnoxious, but the cultural differences are enormous in this regard. I've actually wondered how much this plays into the Twittys' accusations. In B'ham, Mrs. VDS would have met the Twittys at the front door and offered them sweet tea and a room to stay in and a car to borrow for the duration of their stay. Even if she knew her son was guilty!  Wink
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #884 on: June 19, 2005, 09:09:18 PM »

Lets hope they are good.  The media is really knocking them.  All these "experts" on Fox.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #885 on: June 19, 2005, 09:09:25 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "absolut"
Jamie owes us the truth. EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL.

are you talking about Jaime as in Joran's friend?
Opps Jamie on Big Story she is the one with the Doria phone interview last night. Sorry.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #886 on: June 19, 2005, 09:09:57 PM »

Those of us in America need to remember that we have cases in this country that go unsolved for years, and shows like America's Most Wanted filled with stories of guilty people who can't be caught.

While I so wish they had started looking for her sooner, we really should not bash Aruba.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #887 on: June 19, 2005, 09:10:11 PM »

Quote from: "Catriana"
Quote from: "mountainmac"
Wasn't there a chat room set up on this topic (Natalee's disappearance). I thought I saw the site admin lady post a link or something...or maybe I'm having hallucinations from being on this board too long?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NataleeHolloway/chat

It's in Yahoo chat.  Come on over...

sometimes i see arubagire there to
its as good site

peace to all
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #888 on: June 19, 2005, 09:10:29 PM »

Close friends of Nats about to be on Fox.  And her mom
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #889 on: June 19, 2005, 09:10:54 PM »

Opps Jamie on Big Story she is the one with the Doria phone interview last night. Sorry.

that's OK.  Very Happy I just didn't want everyone to start e-mailing him. I think we can get more inside info by watching their posts.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #890 on: June 19, 2005, 09:11:46 PM »

Please stop bashing the Dutch as a group.

I am expecting to hear about "Ban Tulips" t-shirts on sale any minute.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #891 on: June 19, 2005, 09:12:06 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Those of us in America need to remember that we have cases in this country that go unsolved for years, and shows like America's Most Wanted filled with stories of guilty people who can't be caught.

While I so wish they had started looking for her sooner, we really should not bash Aruba.

I would in no way bash Aruba, but I just hope they are doing more than appears.  Nats mom was on TV (about to be on fox), and they really are confusing her, you can tell.  She dont deserve this.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #892 on: June 19, 2005, 09:12:11 PM »

Quote from: "Lucy"
Inspector
Sorry, I meant Joran and Kalpoes.  If the old man aided, then he must have gone close to the Marriott, because the boys never got to the Holiday Inn.

The Paul Van Der Sloot sighting was from a Mountain Brook teen. They were staying at the Holidy Inn. That's why I'm assuming the McDonalds close to the Holiday Inn.

I don't think we know for sure where the boys were. I gather the Marriott is close to the Holiday Inn.

There was another rumor that a HI security guard witnessed a teen on the beach being hauled off against her will by 2 men. The guard reported it but it wasn't taken seriously. Shocked
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: June 19, 2005, 09:12:37 PM »

they make good pie in Pennslyvania.
TG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #894 on: June 19, 2005, 09:12:50 PM »

redquartz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #895 on: June 19, 2005, 09:12:56 PM »

Hi, I just joined,,,,,,I have looked everywhere and haven't found out why they haven't searched the Kalpoe's houses? Have I missed it somewhere?
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #896 on: June 19, 2005, 09:13:10 PM »

Hi Absolut ,

What is meant with a plea bargin ? what means plea , I remember cases
in the Netherlands where suspects recieved lesser sentences when they stand as a witness against other accomplices. Would that be plea bargin sorry my english is more or less.

Van Der Sloot's attorney was fired because he was discussing the case with the recently released security guards, John and Jones. Others claim that his attorney was fired because he wanted Van Der Sloot to cop to a lesser charge.

It has been stated that Dutch law doesn't allow plea bargains. Would this be the same thing.

Only the facts
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #897 on: June 19, 2005, 09:13:14 PM »

absolut, I confess that was my first thought. Or that they are considering it at least and for that reason don't want to comment.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #898 on: June 19, 2005, 09:13:29 PM »

that's OK.  Very Happy I just didn't want everyone to start e-mailing him. I think we can get more inside info by watching their posts.

Take it from me.  Dont try to contact them , it will scare you........... Wink
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #899 on: June 19, 2005, 09:14:13 PM »

LMAO!!!!

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.