April 18, 2024, 07:00:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pvt. 1st Class Kelli Bordeaux, 23yrs missing from Fayetteville, NC 4/14/12  (Read 57084 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2014, 06:18:54 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-kelli-bordeaux-missing-st-cloud-soldier-20140514,0,4723836.story
Remains of missing St. Cloud soldier Kelli Bordeaux found
May 14, 2014

A registered sex offender was arrested Wednesday after the presumed remains of missing St. Cloud soldier Kelli Bordeaux were found in woods a few miles from a bar where she was last seen, police in North Carolina said.

The sex offender, Nicholas Holbert, 27, was the last person known to have seen Bordeauex and a "person of interest" from the start, Fayetteville, N.C., police spokesman Lt. Todd Joyce. Holbert will be charged with first-degree murder when he goes before a magistrate late Wednesday or early Thursday, Joyce said.

Detectives talked to Holbert early in the investigation and were interviewing him again late Wednesday. He told a North Carolina TV station shortly after Bordeaux's disappearance that he gave her a ride home from Froggy Bottoms but dropped her off at the entrance to her neighborhood.

Holbert was convicted of failing to register as a sex offender and spent time in prison in North Carolina after Bordeaux's disappearance, Joyce said. He lived in a tent or lean-to behind Froggy Bottoms, the owner told the Orlando Sentinel in 2012.

Acting on a tip, police on Wednesday located what they think are Bordeaux's remains in a remote area three or four miles from the bar. They made the discovery along River Road near Interstate 295. Investigators wouldn't disclose the exact location of the remains or the contents of the tip.

A medical examiner in Raleigh will make a positive identification. The Army in May 2013 declared Bordeaux dead so her family could receive survivors' benefits. She was married.

Law officers in North Carolina searched for Bordeaux for months. They said early on that her cellphone was last used along I-295.

Bordeaux was assigned to the 601st Area Support Medical Company, 261st Multifunctional Medical Battalion, 44th Medical Brigade. She was a certified emergency medical technician, friends said.

A $25,000 reward was offered for information about Bordeaux. It was unknown Wednesday whether anyone was eligible to collect.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2014, 11:33:24 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/14/police-say-remains-thought-to-be-those-missing-fort-bragg-soldier-located/

Remains of Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux may have been found, man arrested
Published May 14, 2014
FoxNews.com

Joyce said 27-year-old Nicholas Michael Holbert has been arrested and will be charged with first-degree murder and may face additional charges.

Fayetteville Police Chief Harold Medlock said at a news conference that Holbert had been a person of interest in the case since Bordeaux disappeared.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2014, 02:48:10 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2014, 04:31:09 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/national/259423421.html
Missing NC soldier mom: suspect led cops to grave
May 15, 2014

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The suspect in the killing of a Fort Bragg soldier led investigators to the woman's grave in thick woods that had never been checked despite repeated foot and aerial searches by hundreds of volunteers, the victim's mother said Thursday.
Johnna Henson of St. Cloud, Florida, said Fayetteville police informed her Wednesday that they were led to the remains of Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux, 23, by information provided by Nicholas Holbert. He made a first court appearance Thursday on charges of first-degree murder and first-degree kidnapping and was ordered held without bail.
"I had hoped all this time that she was going to come back and now there's no coming back," Henson said Thursday. "Nicholas Holbert took them to her. So that's pretty definite that, yeah, that's her. And he confessed to killing her."
Holbert, 27, recently led investigators to the remains, which were found in a densely wooded area about four miles from the bar, Police Chief Harold Medlock said Wednesday.
Hundreds of rescuers had scoured the area but never zoomed in on the particular spot where the remains were located until Holbert told investigators where to look, Medlock said.
"It was specific information from Holbert that took us to that location," Medlock said.
Positive identification of the body could take several days, he said.
Holbert spent almost five years in prison for molesting a 5-year-old when he was 16, according to state Division of Public Safety records. Holbert was convicted in October 2012 of failing to notify authorities that changed his home address as required by the state's sex offender law. He was released from jail a year ago.
Bordeaux was last seen alive with Holbert on April 13, 2012 at a Fayetteville bar, about a half-mile from her home. She spent the evening shooting pool and singing karaoke before leaving with Holbert, who was living in woods behind the bar.
The two had a fight in the bar's parking lot before Holbert knocked the woman unconscious, police investigators state in an arrest warrant reviewed by the Fayetteville *******. Holbert then put Bordeaux in his car and drove her to his camp site behind the bar, where he hit her several more times in the head until she was dead, the warrant said. Police did not return messages on Thursday.
Bordeaux's husband was visiting family in Florida, where the couple had met, the weekend that she died. The couple was in the process of separating but remained friends and neither was unfaithful to the other, Hanson said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2014, 06:39:23 PM »

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/suspect-in-missing-fort-bragg-soldiers-death-held-without-bail

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.