March 28, 2024, 01:41:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: “Affluenza”: Ethan Couch Sentenced to 10 Years’ Probation for DUI Manslaughter  (Read 42683 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 01:02:49 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/tarrant/Judge-orders-Couch-family-to-release-psychological-records-261264541.html
Judge orders Couch family to release psychological records
May 30, 2014

TARRANT COUNTY -- A judge has ordered the family of Ethan Couch to release all psychological records used for his defense.
Couch, 16, received probation after he drove drunk, killing four people in a crash. He spent time at a California rehab center afterward, and psychologist Dr. Dick Miller testified during Couch's trial.
He used the term "affluenza" to describe the way Couch was allegedly raised with few restrictions or consequences.
The family of injured victim Lucas McConnell, 13, asked that Couch's records from his time at the rehab center be released. The Couch family argued that it would violate Couch's privacy.
The McConnell family argued that Dr. Miller's documents should be released because he had already testified in open court, and gave interviews to News 8 and CNN's Anderson Cooper.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »

There is more than one way to skin a cat -- sorry, no offense to kitties.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 08:43:33 PM »

There is more than one way to skin a cat -- sorry, no offense to kitties.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 09:07:45 PM »

I am really not surprised here. It has been a long standing rule that if you are going to use your mental or physical health as either a defense or part of an action then all the records come out. I am looking forward to reading them.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 02:04:46 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/tarrant/Sunday-marks-one-year-since-Ethan-Couch-drunk-driving-crash-263224831.html
Victims of 'affluenza' crash remembered one year later
June 16, 2014

TARRANT COUNTY -- Sunday marked one year since a drunk driving crash in Tarrant County killed four people and made national headlines.
Ethan Couch was driving drunk when he plowed into a group of people who were working on a broken down car.
Couch avoided jail time by being described as having "affluenza." The decision in juvenile court to sentence him to probation caused a huge uproar. He is now undergoing rehabilitation at a Texas facility.

About 100 people gathered Sunday night at the home of Eric Boyles, where the accident happened last year. Boyles lost his wife and daughter in the crash.
Also killed were Brian Jennings, a popular youth pastor from the area, and Breanna Mitchell, whose car it was that originally broke down.
Sergio Molina, a young man paralyzed in the accident, was in attendance, as were a number of first responders, detectives and attorneys who worked on the case.
In sending out a note about Sunday's plans, Boyles said he hopes the anniversary serves to remind people how "the justice system failed the victims."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 09:28:31 AM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/06/20/5916978/family-of-injured-teen-settles.html
Family of injured teen settles suit against Couch family
June 20, 2014

Solaiman Mohmand says he barely knew Ethan Couch when he climbed into the bed of Couch’s pickup with six other teens out for a good time on the night of June 15, 2013.

A few minutes later, Mohmand was one of 12 people injured when Couch’s pickup plowed into a cluster of four people standing near a disabled vehicle on Burleson-Retta Road. The four were killed.

Mohmand and his best friend, Sergio Molina, were the most seriously injured of the teens in the bed of Couch’s pickup, which hit two vehicles before it went airborne and flipped. Molina is paralyzed and unable to speak.

Scott Frenkel, an attorney representing Solaiman and his father, Sultan Mohmand, said Solaiman is still recovering from neck and back injuries.

“Solaiman is very lucky, but he is going to be reminded of this for the rest of his life,” Frenkel said Friday.

Mohmand and his family reached a settlement Thursday with Couch’s parents. He will receive a lump sum payment of $196,117. And beginning in August 2016, Mohmand will receive $16,377.04 twice a year for the next five years.

Families of the four people killed and of four of the injured teens, including Mohmand and Molina, sued the Couch family. Six suits have now been settled.

The family of Lucas McConnell, a passenger in a parked pickup that was hit in the crash, have not settled, saying they want a jury trial.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 05:20:50 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26319287/ethan-couchs-father-arrested-for-impersonating-police-officer

Ethan Couch's father arrested for impersonating police officer

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 3:42 PM CST Updated: Aug 19, 2014 3:50 PM CST
By: Mark Norris - email

The father of Ethan Couch was arrested Tuesday for allegedly impersonating a police officer.

Frederick Anthony Couch was taken into custody shortly before 11 a.m. on Tuesday by North Richland Hills police.

Police said North Richland Hills officers discovered Fred Couch while responding to an early morning incident on July 28. Officers found Fred Couch at the scene and told North Richland Hills police he was a reserve officer with the City of Lakeside.

After police finished their investigation of the incident, they spoke again with Fred Couch who reiterated he was a reserve officer and had his “police stuff” in his car.

Fred Couch then produced a wallet that had what appeared to be a police badge and ID card and was allowed to leave

But, the on-scene officer continued to investigate whether Fred Couch was actually an officer and subsequently found out Couch was not a Lakeside officer and has never been a licensed officer in the state of Texas.

Fred Couch has been officially charged with False Identification as a Police Officer: Misrepresentation of Property and his bond was set at $2,500.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 07:59:15 AM »

Personally, I'm eagerly waiting for Ethan to violate his probation!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2015, 10:55:39 PM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article45518238.html

NOVEMBER 19, 2015

Tarrant prosecutors seek to move ‘affluenza’ teen to adult court

BY RYAN OSBORNE
rosborne@star-telegram.com

FORT WORTH
A motion filed this week in juvenile court would transfer the probation of the teenage drunken driver responsible for a 2013 crash that killed four people to the supervision of adult court.

Ethan Couch, 18, of Keller, lost control of his Ford F-350 pickup on June 15, 2013, and plowed into a group of people helping a woman whose car stalled on Burleson-Retta Road near Burleson. His blood-alcohol level was three times the legal limit and traces of Valium were in his system, officials said.

A juvenile court judge sentenced him to 10 years of probation and therapy.

This week, the Tarrant County district attorney’s office filed a motion to transfer Couch to the supervision of an adult court. Without the transfer, under the Texas Family Code, Couch’s probation will expire on his 19th birthday in April.

Filing the motion was standard procedure, said Richard Alpert, who prosecuted Couch at trial in December 2013. “There’s nothing novel or unique about this,” Alpert said.

“We’re not pulling anything out of a hat.”

A hearing will be scheduled, and a juvenile judge will accept or reject the motion, said Sam Jordan, a spokeswoman for the Tarrant County district attorney’s office.

“If it is accepted, it will then be assigned to an adult district court judge, who will determine the provisions of his adult probation,” Jordan said.

Under an adult court judge, Couch’s probation terms could change or stay the same.

“For any good cause shown, any district judge can add or take away what they see fit,” Alpert said. “The judge has that discretion.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »

Personally, I'm eagerly waiting for Ethan to violate his probation!

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article47748570.html

December 3, 2015

Tarrant district attorney investigating alleged Ethan Couch partying video

Clip was posted to Twitter Wednesday night

Tweet says Couch was among group playing the drinking game beer pong

Couch is on probation for fatal 2013 DWI crash

Screenshot from a video the Tarrant County district attorney’s office is investigating. Osborne, Ryan Star-Telegram

By Ryan Osborne

rosborne@star-telegram.com

FORT WORTH

The Tarrant County district attorney’s office is investigating a partying video that allegedly includes “affluenza” teen Ethan Couch violating his probation for drunkenly killing four people in a crash in 2013.

“We are aware of it it, and investigating the claim,” district attorney spokeswoman Sam Jordan said Thursday.

A six-second clip was posted to Twitter Wednesday night by an account with the handle @BlondeSpectre. The video shows a group of people around a beer pong table littered with red plastic cups and cans of Miller Lite.

A person who resembles Couch is standing on one side of the table, clapping as someone else dives onto the table.

ya boy ethan couch violating probation. i got more if u want @CityofBurleson @TarrantCountyDA pic.twitter.com/otiGprQ1uD
    — h (@BlondeSpectre) December 2, 2015

Couch, who turns 19 in April, was 16 when he lost control of his Ford F-350 pickup on June 15, 2013, and plowed into a group of people helping a woman whose car had stalled on Burleson-Retta Road in southern Tarrant County.

Couch is not currently in state custody but is required to check in with a juvenile probation officer, Jordan said.

Earlier this month, Tarrant County district attorney’s office filed a motion to transfer Couch to the supervision of an adult court. Without the transfer, under the Texas Family Code, his probation will expire on his 19th birthday in April.

Filing the motion was standard procedure, said Richard Alpert, who prosecuted Couch at trial in December 2013.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 06:28:03 PM »

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/12/16/tarrant-county-sheriff-names-affluenza-teen-top-fugitive/

Tarrant County Sheriff Names ‘Affluenza’ Teen Top Fugitive
December 16, 2015 8:24 PM By Jason Allen
Filed Under: Ethan Couch, Tarrant County Sheriff

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The Tarrant County Sheriff said he would not be surprised if “affluenza” teenager Ethan Couch is no longer in the country. Sheriff Dee Anderson said Couch is now the top fugitive his investigators are trying to find.

Sheriff’s investigators started searching for Couch Wednesday morning. It came a day after an arrest warrant was issued after Couch’s probation officer was unable to reach him or his mother for several days.

The teenager was two years into a 10-year probation term after a 2013 drunk driving crash that killed four people. Couch avoided jail time, and his sentence received national attention after a defense witness used the term “affluenza” to describe his family’s wealth contributing to his lack of responsibility.

“I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so,” Anderson said. “I said, we’re going to see him again. He’s going to be back in this system.”

Anderson said there were indications Couch had left his last known residence for some time. He believed the disappearance was planned after the release of a video earlier this month, showing a boy who appeared to be Couch at a party.

Anderson was not aware of any restrictions on travel for Couch.

There was no arrest warrant for his mother Tonya, but Anderson said they were looking for anyone who may be with him or helped him leave the area.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2015, 06:38:59 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/tarrant-county/2015/12/16/affluenza-teen-missing-officials-wonder-if-he-left-country/77453634/

Sheriff: FBI, U.S. Marshals join search for Ethan Couch
Jim Douglas and Todd Unger, WFAA 4:10 p.m. CST December 17, 2015

FORT WORTH — The name Ethan Couch is now in a national crime database. Authorities concede they have no idea where he is.

One day after Tarrant County Sheriff Dee Anderson said his department was "working every angle" it could, he said the FBI and U.S. Marshals have joined the nationwide search.

The teen gained infamy for his "affluenza" defense after he drove drunk and killed four people in 2013. He received 10 years of juvenile probation, but probation officers cannot find him.

Officials say Couch and his mother, Tonya, disappeared several days ago. He hasn't been seen since before Dec. 3, when he missed a probation appointment.

Anderson said Wednesday that if he had a top 10 most wanted list, Couch would be No. 1.

"He had a good amount of time to get a good head start," the sheriff said Wednesday. "And we all know what kind of resources this family has to get out of town. Get out of the country. Who knows?"

News 8 was told Couch was not wearing a GPS monitor. The house Couch shared with his mother near Eagle Mountain Lake appears to have been empty for some time.  A neighbor said Couch and his mother Tonya leased it over the summer but that they haven't been there since.  A pinball machine is all that remains inside the white home.

"Now we've got to deal with this mess," Sheriff Anderson seethed. "Now we have to spend more time, more resources, more taxpayer dollars out looking for someone who should be locked up."

Anderson thinks Couch and his mother decided to leave when video surfaced on Twitter appearing to show him laughing at a beer pong party. Terms of his probation forbid drinking.

Anderson says it's important to find Ethan Couch for the families of the four people he killed. And for Sergio Molina, the young man left paralyzed.

"He's going to have to look over his shoulder the rest of his life," Anderson promised. "Any time he gets anywhere we could apprehend him, we're going to find him. And we're going to keep looking and we're not going to stop."

Sources say the investigation is already leading to speculation Ethan Couch has left the country.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2015, 09:25:15 PM »

I am not sure WHY ANYONE thought he or his parents would abide by any order of the court. They all think they are above the law.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 09:06:47 PM »

I am not sure WHY ANYONE thought he or his parents would abide by any order of the court. They all think they are above the law.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2015, 09:17:02 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/CBSDFW/photos/a.124335744256237.15998.108571612499317/1115038255185976/?type=3&theater

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2015, 11:49:21 PM »

You have that right TBM.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2015, 01:48:17 PM »

He will be going to prison for quite a while.

I don't think they will be treating him with kid gloves anymore. He's in serious trouble now.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/tarrant-county/2015/12/19/wanted-poster-issued-ethan-couch-legal-questions-rise/77592

If he is caught and certified, and an adult court judge revokes probation instead of modifying it, then it's possible Couch could spend years in prison for each of the four people he killed.

I fully expect the judge to revoke his probation because they already know he 's a flight risk.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2015, 11:49:40 PM »

48 Year Old Tonya Couch, Mother Named a Missing Person in Hunt for ‘Affluenza’ Teenager, Ethan Couch

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/12/22/48-year-old-tonya-couch-mother-named-a-missing-person-in-hunt-for-affluenza-teenager-ethan-couch/

The manhunt for 18 year old Ethan Couch and his mother, 48 year old Tonya Couch, has grown to involve the United States Marshals Service and the F.B.I. The “affluenza” teen  failed to check in with his probation officer on December 10, 2015 but that the office was not notified of his disappearance until Dec. 15. Authorities believe that the mother and son may have fled the country, however, there is no evidence to support that idea. One would assume that they need to use credit cards, unless this was completely planned and they made a large cash withdrawal prior to their disappearance.

Police are stating that this point that although they believe the mother and son are together, they have no evidence that is the case. However, all signs point in that direction. One thing is for certain, this spoiled, rotten POS who has already once gotten away with murder because of a BS defense of “affluenza”and a dumb-ass judge who went along with it is finally going to get what is coming to him and the families, friends and loved ones of those who Couch killed with finally get some justice.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2015, 11:08:59 AM »

I hope they find them both and they both get major jail time. His mother is just as guilty as the kid. This is what happens when the parents don't teach their children there are consequences for their actions. Very sad

GOD BLESS AMERICA
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2015, 10:34:45 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/28/us/mexico-affluenza-teen-ethan-couch-detained/

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.