April 27, 2024, 09:01:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 12 - 6/19 - 6/20/05  (Read 206631 times)
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2005, 11:14:15 PM »

I have not seen such plea, be it on local (ATV/TeleAruba) or national. (you know those channels)

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2005, 11:15:12 PM »

keep checking Foxnews.com when you mention that there is breaking news or coverage

With no offense intended to anyone here, and I will include myself, I think that the news junkie community may be rather dramatically over-represented.

Most people are not news junkies, at any given time, the vast majority of people watching Fox, or CNN or any of them, are just tuning in for the first time that day, and will not be keeping the TV on and tuned to it for most of their waking hours. So what is old hat to us IS breaking news to those folks!

Now I am going to turn off the computer, AND the TV so that you can all flame me to cinders for calling you a news junkie and explain how you can stop any time. Really. any time you want to. No, seriously. It's not even like that. any time.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2005, 11:16:15 PM »

Native, I would loooooooooooooooooooove to ask the family of NH some questions.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
SPSII
Scared Monkey

« Reply #223 on: June 19, 2005, 11:16:20 PM »

I am a news junkie...it's called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Seriously...I have it.

From South US....praying for Natalee's safe return home.
mountainmac
Scared Monkey

« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2005, 11:17:31 PM »

Quote from: "SPSII"

Seriously...I have it.

My boyfriend just said goodnight to me and again asked, "What are you going to do when they do solve this case?"  Hmm...
NativeLingo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #225 on: June 19, 2005, 11:17:56 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"

Join the club!!!
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #226 on: June 19, 2005, 11:18:02 PM »

Regarding sending in "the calvary" from Houston, they may not have had mounted troops looking, but we did send down FBI search-dogs awhile back.
SPSII
Scared Monkey

« Reply #227 on: June 19, 2005, 11:18:29 PM »

Quote from: "mountainmac"
Quote from: "SPSII"

Seriously...I have it.

My boyfriend just said goodnight to me and again asked, "What are you going to do when they do solve this case?"  Hmm...

Wait for the next big thing. You should have seen me glued to the TV when the tsumani hit.

Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #228 on: June 19, 2005, 11:18:36 PM »

Quote from: "WoodGuy"
Good Evening All,
Haven't been here for a few days and I can't believe all the bizzare things that have happened regarding this case. Here's something I find interesting: I was just surfing around on the Max Arends website that I saw posted over at Riehl World's site, and I was looking at some of the "friends" pages. Well asa I was looking at some of the pics on one of these friends pages I saw this pic (go to link and look at pic titled 'Briphop and'...it's the 3rd row down). Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that Mama Van Der Sloot in the background ?!?! Seems like one big circle of friends huh ??  http://connect.tickle.com/photo/index.html?id=ucX-_LjV26maaus_

She's an art teacher at the Independent School of Aruba...probably just chaperoning a school function.  I think EVERY kid in Aruba must have a tickle.com page!
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #229 on: June 19, 2005, 11:19:21 PM »

the cute little girl owner of this page is a student at the international school of aruba where mrs. van der sloot teaches.  there are 120 students.  they use these websites like we used to use yearbooks.  don't read too much into this.  it could also be any middle age dutch woman which might abound on aruba beaches in season.  they have direct flights from amstrdam and it is a dutch possession with warm winters.  

Quote from: "WoodGuy"
Good Evening All,
Haven't been here for a few days and I can't believe all the bizzare things that have happened regarding this case. Here's something I find interesting: I was just surfing around on the Max Arends website that I saw posted over at Riehl World's site, and I was looking at some of the "friends" pages. Well asa I was looking at some of the pics on one of these friends pages I saw this pic (go to link and look at pic titled 'Briphop and'...it's the 3rd row down). Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that Mama Van Der Sloot in the background ?!?! Seems like one big circle of friends huh ??  http://connect.tickle.com/photo/index.html?id=ucX-_LjV26maaus_
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #230 on: June 19, 2005, 11:19:22 PM »

Like what?
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #231 on: June 19, 2005, 11:19:25 PM »

Quote from: "Dallas Also"
I wonder how the three guys enjoyed their first day in prison today?

p.s. - shout out to mbhs05!
I hope there roomies had a good time already!
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: June 19, 2005, 11:20:03 PM »

which public info official? You have Mariaine Croes for the JD, and Ruben Trappenberg for the government.

are there usuaally skid marks on dag
in the middle of a song...pregunta  importante??

peace to all
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #233 on: June 19, 2005, 11:20:06 PM »

I know DEA was already in Aruba. They have an office Curacao and I am aware of the port trafficing problems.

Something warranted 12 FBI agents to come. Something warranted the DEA to go first but it's something will not get an answer too.

My point is over than Aruba not letting information out for legal fairness, there in turn is a tight lip on the FBI etc involved. FBI seems to being playing dodgeball also.

I think perhaps a part of Natalee's disappearance has to do with their ongoing DEA operation. Did anyone see the news about the DEA finally busting one of the largest drug rings? 77 people and millions recovered recently.
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #234 on: June 19, 2005, 11:20:15 PM »

Native, I think this goes in cycles. They're nice to us, they're not nice, nice, not nice.

Oh, you meant about the case? Nothing new. I thought that CSS was going to have 2x 24 on today, but nothing.

45 year old woman being held by drug lords? All righty then.

No, no. we get frustrated at those handling the INVESTIGATION, not at you all. Please don't think we don't love you oodles.
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #235 on: June 19, 2005, 11:20:45 PM »

Quote from: "NativeLingo"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Arubans, the general feel from the fox show was that there is now an anti Amiican feeling.  One man interviewed wants Natalees parents to take a polygraph.

If people are ouchy right now that is why.

Also though they showed some view of your island to explain why it is hard to search, but goodness it is beautiful.

Can you blame the arubans for feeling like that??
Both Arubagirl and I have been patient..VERY VERY patient....but do you believe that we donīt have our limits??? Do you believe that we are the only ones on these boards????

Arubagirl and Native Lingo, I personally do not place blame on your or your country.  I blame the ones that did this to Natalee,  but please keep in mind that, to some of us, things are moving very slow and we are receiving no information from the authoities.  If that happens here we do demand more from those authorities, so we are use to speaking out.  We are not trying to be offensive at all and very much appreciate any input either of y'all have.
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #236 on: June 19, 2005, 11:20:57 PM »

Quote from: "TTownMike"
Quote from: "Dallas Also"
I wonder how the three guys enjoyed their first day in prison today?

p.s. - shout out to mbhs05!
I hope there roomies had a good time already!

Haha.

SpsII-Thanks for posting that link...I think I just found the activity that my horse and I will be working towards in the future...talk about a way to do some good.

katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #237 on: June 19, 2005, 11:21:01 PM »

I've been working in resort towns in Mexico and the Caribbean for about thirty years. Girls go missing all the time but usually show up in about 48 hours and for this reason I understand how the Aruban cops initially saw this. Some of these young ladies just plain go nuts, get drunk, do drugs or fall in love and miss thier planes, ditch their buddies..it happens all the time and 99% of the time they suffer nothing worse than a hangover and an overdrawn bank account. (Even girls who are perfect angel do this).

I understand why the cops weren't initially concerned and the comment about how she would show up on ladies night. It happens a lot. Maybe even weekly.

Also, even in the US, the police won't start looking very hard for a missing adult until after 24 to 48 hours. I'm pretty sure that when the Twittys first arrived, the cops were pretty much joking amongst themselves about how Natalee would turn up embarrassed in a day or so.

I have seen this happen many times Confused  

I actually think that  Aruba has been handling this well;  they are trying to establish a case that will stick without a body and they don't want to taint it with media bullshit.
SPSII
Scared Monkey

« Reply #238 on: June 19, 2005, 11:21:17 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
I know DEA was already in Aruba. They have an office Curacao and I am aware of the port trafficing problems.

Something warranted 12 FBI agents to come. Something warranted the DEA to go first but it's something will not get an answer too.

My point is over than Aruba not letting information out for legal fairness, there in turn is a tight lip on the FBI etc involved. FBI seems to being playing dodgeball also.

I think perhaps a part of Natalee's disappearance has to do with their ongoing DEA operation. Did anyone see the news about the DEA finally busting one of the largest drug rings? 77 people and millions recovered recently.

I saw that but I could not find a direct link to Aruba.

air23ac
Scared Monkey

« Reply #239 on: June 19, 2005, 11:22:12 PM »

ARUBA GIRL AND NATIVE....what would you like to ask the parents of natalee?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.