April 28, 2024, 12:20:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 12 - 6/19 - 6/20/05  (Read 206638 times)
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #260 on: June 19, 2005, 11:29:06 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "klaasend"
I have a question for everyone here.  If this turns out to be much bigger than we originally thought and drugs or sex trade is involved..and the FBI and Aruban LE are working together in Natalee's best interest...to get her back alive...........Will all those bashing the Aruban LE appologize?

We don't know the whole story.  Wizard may have been right all along!

I'll apologize.

Me too. This thing seems to have been one big disaster of a culture clash (even though, for those of you who followed the sort of philosophical discussion going on earlier this afternoon, I still maintain that common decency knows no cultural bounds).
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #261 on: June 19, 2005, 11:29:12 PM »

Okay, so the rumours about Natalee disappearing before are false.

So, what about the U.S. reps remarks? Those really really really have me intrigued.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
SPSII
Scared Monkey

« Reply #262 on: June 19, 2005, 11:29:43 PM »

Quote from: "Juvenal"
Quote from: "Dallas Also"
Regarding sending in "the calvary" from Houston, they may not have had mounted troops looking, but we did send down FBI search-dogs awhile back.

What's this about sending in the cavalry from Houston?

Sorry, but I've been working on other things today, and haven't been keeping up as closely.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/

From South US....praying for Natalee's safe return home.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #263 on: June 19, 2005, 11:30:19 PM »

Quote from: "SPSII"
And a CNN story that ran on the 14th:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/14/drug.money/

I don't see anything about Aruba in these articles, am I missing something?
SPSII
Scared Monkey

« Reply #264 on: June 19, 2005, 11:30:30 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"

So, what about the U.S. reps remarks? Those really really really have me intrigued.

Yes, they are false. She never ran away before. Those were horrible rumors.

mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #265 on: June 19, 2005, 11:30:52 PM »

Same here...but I'm betting he doesn't know the whole story either.
There's no way for us to know, though. He isn't going to tell, and he shouldn't.

arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #266 on: June 19, 2005, 11:31:10 PM »

I wonder how those rumours start. I really do. Okay, scratch that one off the list.

writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #267 on: June 19, 2005, 11:31:20 PM »

Did something like this happen before?
What did the Rep. mean when he said that there was something "disturbing" about this case that made him sent the FBI inmediately and the family is aware of this?
Why do you keep talking to the press about stuff that someone would think are better to be kept confidential (i.e. the "Steve" thing)
Why in Sam Hill did you guys bring your friends along who are apparantly rich, instead of your relatives.
Were you told about the chaperone sitch or lack thereof?
Do you have a PI on the case
Etc etc etc.

We can answer a few of them:
1. already established, Natalee has never been missing before.
2. Dunno
3. Because they're stressed to the max and hanging on by a thin thread and they really feel like just smacking some people around but they're too polite to do that
4. whaaa?? relatives are down there. father and step-father both have their brothers down there. stepfather's mother is there. tons of friends and family. wha chew talking 'bout sister?
5. yes, all families knew the chapers were NOT babysitters
6. probably
SPSII
Scared Monkey

« Reply #268 on: June 19, 2005, 11:31:25 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
And a CNN story that ran on the 14th:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/14/drug.money/

I don't see anything about Aruba in these articles, am I missing something?

No, but it could explain why the DEA was already there. They have been working in the area on this bust for quite some time. Not sure if Aruba has anything to do with this bust. I am still researching that.

waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #269 on: June 19, 2005, 11:31:46 PM »

Arubagirl...I am intrigued also....wondering what he knows...or thinks he knows.... one of those things that makes you say hmmmm
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #270 on: June 19, 2005, 11:31:58 PM »

Quote from: "boxopen"
Quote from: "TTownMike"
Quote from: "boxopen"
Quote from: "Professor"
NativeLingo, what on earth is going on? It seems that all the doors have slammed shut, and this whole investigation has taken on a decidedly anti-American posture. Elio Nicolaas has changed his tune and reversed his field. All spokesmen are rigidly adhering to a party line, and cooperation with American law enforcement seems to be coming to an end.
Sincerely what did you expect after the ban-Aruba "folklore"? Evil or Very Mad
Best way to beat the folklore is to solve the case and FIND OUR NATALEE!
Of course... and BTW, tell me TTownMiketorium,
your "habit" of calling one of the suspects "URINE" is a linguistic problem or a psycho problem?
Ah... and which part of your disfunctional "problem" helps to "find our Natalee"? Evil or Very Mad
Nunya Damn business!  It's my problem and you can kiss my as_!  And I'll be sure not to read any more of your crap.  TROLL!
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #271 on: June 19, 2005, 11:33:05 PM »

Aruba, it is somewhat normal in this country for wealthy friends to step in and help when the family might be middle class.

A friend of mine had a daughter who was about to die and a wealthy man in our town flew her to the daughter for free, or rather had his company jet do it.

I read that the freinds have rotated in and out in order to support the family.

Explain what is strange about that--again we may have a culture problem that just needs talking through.
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #272 on: June 19, 2005, 11:33:06 PM »

Quote from: "mountainmac"
I am a news junkie...it's called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Seriously...I have it.

My boyfriend just said goodnight to me and again asked, "What are you going to do when they do solve this case?"  Hmm...

Don't worry, Fox will find another sensational storry for you Very Happy

(
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #273 on: June 19, 2005, 11:33:26 PM »

Shocked ---> Very Happy

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2005, 11:34:06 PM »

I wonder how those rumours start. I really do. Okay, scratch that one off the list.

maby its all at the hotels,
you know sec gaurds and the nt auditors
blah blah blah

like soca???

peace to all
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2005, 11:34:09 PM »

Dan Riehl reported them originally.

Neither he nor Dan elaborated. At first I thought it was because of the apparent possibility that a sexual crime of some sort had been committed.

But I later considered that she might have been sold into the sex trade, which would be even more disturbing than a simple rape. (Please forgive me, if anyone close to Natalee is reading.)

The quick involvement of the DEA and the FBI might indicate that she's been kidnapped and packed away to another country not far from Aruba.

Still don't think that's the most plausible scenario. But it might explain the frustrating lack of information.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/06/disturbing_deve.html
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2005, 11:35:15 PM »

According to the Alabama Post-Herald, I'm sure it's that one because it was the only one I read from AL, the Twittys were seen departing with in a private jet with prominent Birmingham businessmen.
Fair enough, no word about relatives, wether they were there enough. I just found that a bit odd, to choose those people to fly with instead of your family.
But it's also possible that the inmediate family flew with that same flight, but the newspaper didn't report that.

Ahh, MBH, he should not have to, yes, but a lot of people here are calling for the cops here to reveal what they know.

writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2005, 11:36:40 PM »

Regarding sending in "the calvary" from Houston, they may not have had mounted troops looking, but we did send down FBI search-dogs awhile back.

Technically they weren't FBI. They were Miami Dade florida Police Department search and rescue dogs and handlers who go all over the world to things like earthquakes, etc. looking for survivors.
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2005, 11:36:52 PM »

Quote from: "Juvenal"

What's this about sending in the cavalry from Houston?

Sorry, but I've been working on other things today, and haven't been keeping up as closely.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/

Thanks, SPSII. I thought it might be that they were sending in FBI reinforcements from Houston. My cousin is an agent there.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2005, 11:39:04 PM »

Aruba, I don't know the size of the jet, but I did hear the stepmother say that they flew the next morning which was the first reservation they could get.  

I think some of the others waited till the next day because everyone hoped that she had just missed the plane.

Plus, for some who do have children and jobs, you just can't jump up and leave.  So it took a few days for other family to get there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.