April 27, 2024, 02:47:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 12 - 6/19 - 6/20/05  (Read 206622 times)
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #380 on: June 20, 2005, 12:25:47 AM »

Quote from: "wantsanswers"
Quote from: "katya"
Quote from: "inspector_detector"
Here are some interesting (disturbing) comments from U.S. Rep. Spencer Bachus, R-Vestavia Hills,

U.S. Rep. Spencer Bachus, R-Vestavia Hills, said Saturday there were circumstances surrounding Holloway’s disappearance that warranted the FBI being heavily involved. He declined to give details.

“The circumstances were disturbing,” said Bachus, who formally requested the FBI’s involvement. “I can’t get into it, but it’s something the family is aware of. There was an immediate recognition that this was not simply a teen who wandered off.”

Politician=media whore Trying to give the impression that he is on the inside track (why would he be? How could that happen?) Politician spouting his mouth off to gain a few votes.

How do you know and our FBI lets our leaders know when something is going on. I can't believe they won't even tell her parents if she is dead or not. And they should know if they are not stupid!

From reports I've read the family was told early on that they think Natalee was murdered. But how can anyone be certain without a body?
SPSII
Scared Monkey

« Reply #381 on: June 20, 2005, 12:27:04 AM »

Quote from: "katya"
Here are some interesting (disturbing) comments from U.S. Rep. Spencer Bachus, R-Vestavia Hills,

U.S. Rep. Spencer Bachus, R-Vestavia Hills, said Saturday there were circumstances surrounding Holloway’s disappearance that warranted the FBI being heavily involved. He declined to give details.

“The circumstances were disturbing,” said Bachus, who formally requested the FBI’s involvement. “I can’t get into it, but it’s something the family is aware of. There was an immediate recognition that this was not simply a teen who wandered off.”

Politician=media whore Trying to give the impression that he is on the inside track (why would he be? How could that happen?) Politician spouting his mouth off to gain a few votes.

How do you know and our FBI lets our leaders know when something is going on. I can't believe they won't even tell her parents if she is dead or not. And they should know if they are not stupid!

From reports I've read the family was told early on that they think Natalee was murdered. But how can anyone be certain without a body?

What reports??

From South US....praying for Natalee's safe return home.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: June 20, 2005, 12:27:25 AM »

Quote from: "RichinTx"
********THEORY**********

HOLY CRAP!!!

It just hit me..

Natalee has been kidnapped and is being ransomed.  The family knows, the Aruban authorities know, the FBI knows, but whover did it said "NO PRESS..or the girl dies."   Look at everything that fits.

1. Jug's comment about negotiations.
2. The fruitless searches (dog and pony show) and misinformation (diversions).
3. The lack of information (being blamed on the "Dutch system")
4. Beth's apparent 'belief' (knowledge) that Nat is alive.
5. The US government official's comment about sending FBI and something disturbing and the family knows.
6. Lack of body
7. 3 suspects 'silence'
8. Diario editors recent comments falling straight off the radar almost immediately (snuffed out).
9. Family's 'frustration' at not being kept informed (easy way to shift media pressure off the family)
10. The throat slashing 'message' being sent.

What else am I leaving off?

It ALL fits.  No sex trafficking. No columbian drug cartel.  Just a simple case of kidnapping for ransom with the threat of death if 'real story' gets to the press.

Rich...for this to be true wouldn't "THEY" have to know in advance how much money Natalee's family had or something?? I mean you don't just pick out any old girl and HOPE they have a bunch of money for ransom!!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #383 on: June 20, 2005, 12:27:39 AM »

Exactly MB. We have enough victims we don't need anymore! They have been through enough!
luna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #384 on: June 20, 2005, 12:27:40 AM »

RichinTX....actually kind of a compelling argument!  Given the collection of info...

Only question I would have re this is how are Joran et al. involved?  Did they assist or just drop her off somewhere where she was randomly kidnapped?  That's the part that doesn't compute....  Not to say your theory is not correct, tho.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #385 on: June 20, 2005, 12:27:55 AM »

Quote from: "luna"
Woodguy...Lorenzo van Rijn...rumored to be the illegitimate sone of Paulus vd Sloot and step brother to Joran.

Who has been called in for questioning.  I believe Diario(?) said he'd held Nat in his basement....allegedly one of the few basements in Aruba.

At this point...the allegation is regarded as rumor I believe.

Diario must be selling a lot of papers nowadays! They're the only ones with any information.  Laughing
no x it
Scared Monkey

« Reply #386 on: June 20, 2005, 12:28:18 AM »

I will look forward to more news tomorrow.  I think we have 20 or more FBI there, I am trying to think back through all the stories.

I think that is a very large contingency.  And it is important.  They are the best in the world.

Tell that to the innocent guy in baltimore who was shot in the face with an M-4 by an FBI clod because he kinda looked like a criminal and amazingly couldn't both open his car door and raise both his hands at the same time.  Not only that, the FBI "agent" had a prior innocent wounding.  the list goes on.
don't assume the Arubans are inferior; they know the culture and have the intel, which is most of the game.  they look dumb like the fox to me.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #387 on: June 20, 2005, 12:30:04 AM »

RichinTX....actually kind of a compelling argument!  Given the collection of info...

Only question I would have re this is how are Joran et al. involved?  Did they assist or just drop her off somewhere where she was randomly kidnapped?  That's the part that doesn't compute....  Not to say your theory is not correct, tho.

I do have something to add to this theory but perhaps I am better off quiet on the subject.
nitjus4fun
Scared Monkey

« Reply #388 on: June 20, 2005, 12:30:49 AM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
********THEORY**********

HOLY CRAP!!!

It just hit me..

Natalee has been kidnapped and is being ransomed.  The family knows, the Aruban authorities know, the FBI knows, but whover did it said "NO PRESS..or the girl dies."   Look at everything that fits.

5. The US government official's comment about sending FBI and something disturbing and the family knows.
6. Lack of body
7. 3 suspects 'silence'
8. Diario editors recent comments falling straight off the radar almost immediately (snuffed out).
9. Family's 'frustration' at not being kept informed (easy way to shift media pressure off the family)

It ALL fits.  No sex trafficking. No columbian drug cartel.  Just a simple case of kidnapping for ransom with the threat of death if 'real story' gets to the press.

Rich...for this to be true wouldn't "THEY" have to know in advance how much money Natalee's family had or something?? I mean you don't just pick out any old girl and HOPE they have a bunch of money for ransom!!

Very Nice looking young american girl... What more do you want out of a kidnap victum....   Majority of the Americans that visit there likely have more money than most people in Aruba... From my previous visits the island. Once you leave the hotels, the place is DIRT POOR...
RichinTx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #389 on: June 20, 2005, 12:31:20 AM »

KerinTX,
Not necessarily.  THEY could have figured that where the money came from was the family's problem and that there was a pretty good chance that alot of the 'kids' that came to Aruba had parents that could afford to send them.  Maybe Joran meeting Nat several days before hand was no accident , maybe Joran was 'casing' the potential victims.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: June 20, 2005, 12:31:26 AM »

Quote from: "DJTAYLOR"
So Joran has been crying alot. Too bad he is crying about himself and loss of freedom instead of what was done to Natalee. I can't believe experienced adults can't crack crying kids.

i agree with you on that one, i think its just absurve(my english spelling is bad) but then again since  nothing like this ever happens on the island these 'grown people" dont know how to deal i guess, i think they should startletting the FBI help with this, at least a polygraph gram whatever that is, it gives us all a piece of mind

hey dj!  how is miami?

peace to all
SPSII
Scared Monkey

« Reply #391 on: June 20, 2005, 12:31:41 AM »

This was posted on CNN June 4:

Authorities say there is no evidence the honors student and Mississippi native was abducted, but police commissioner Jan van der Straaten said "after four or five days you are afraid a crime has been committed."

From South US....praying for Natalee's safe return home.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #392 on: June 20, 2005, 12:32:02 AM »

Yes, nitjus, we're all dirt poor with computers and DSL connection.

::Banging head against computers continues::

Reading, internet, genealogy.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #393 on: June 20, 2005, 12:32:08 AM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
guy is crzty...look at the house
he prob spent years wacked out smokin
crack diggin it out.  i don't know him but no one says he is any good

You mean the house in Savaneta? What exactly is wrong with the house? And is that the house where his father hung himself? Rolling Eyes
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #394 on: June 20, 2005, 12:32:16 AM »

this is a very credible possibility.  maybe they lost contact and are sweating.  i saw a case like that where contact was cut off and they waited weeks before they heard again.  this was some American fishermen taken out of venezuela into colombia by guerillas.  They even took the plane!  Family finally met the ransom demand delivering a suitcase of cash in the jungle they were released.  No fbi, only a poor overworked Consul in over his head.    

********THEORY**********

HOLY CRAP!!!

It just hit me..

6. Lack of body
7. 3 suspects 'silence'

KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #395 on: June 20, 2005, 12:32:33 AM »

seriously...you are saying that a pretty girl in a foreign country, on a HS trip, no one knows her locally (what her family does, how much money, connections, etc) but yet you have a bunch of kidnappers who say "hey, let's snatch THAT girl and hope her family has the million dollars we will ask for"??
Maybe if she was a celebrity, well known daughter of a US politician...ANYONE who could have been known in another country but we are talking about a normal US HS student from small town USA, not Bill Gates daughter!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
doman4
Scared Monkey

« Reply #396 on: June 20, 2005, 12:33:20 AM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Aruba has a very low crime rate.

I suspect that their police have never had to handle a case with this much attention and it has to be tough on them.

Arubagirl, I wonder about the Rep's comments also.

Unless the DEA agent has contacts that let him know something was up, I have no clue how so early in the case he would need to call the FBI.

Two years ago we had a family member kidnapped in the U.S.  Our local police dept suggested WE call the fbi, we did, and they came.
MIGuy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #397 on: June 20, 2005, 12:33:36 AM »

RichinTX:

You may be on to something.  Early on in this deal, a poster on Free Republic repeated rumors that it was a ransom deal, and posted a link to the company website of a "wealthy Birmingham businessman" who was going to pay the ransom for the family.  Another Freeper close to NH demanded that the post be pulled because "it will get people killed."  She was very insistent, and posted this message urgently several times.
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #398 on: June 20, 2005, 12:34:23 AM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
we know from a fellow aruban that it has been alleged that one of lorenzo's houses has a basement.  Why has it not been searched?  

Quote from: "Compananzi"
Quote from: "Dallas Also"
For me, it is ok that the investigation is dragging on.  

It can take quite some time to get someone back that has been grabbed.

But for example, there is a rumor that she was held in Lorenzo's basement.

Well, we can test that basement and see if she was there.  If she was, that is good news.  That means we're onto the trail that leads to her.

I will look forward to more news tomorrow.  I think we have 20 or more FBI there, I am trying to think back through all the stories.

I think that is a very large contingency.  And it is important.  They are the best in the world.

Lorenzo has a basement in his house? I do not know many homes in Aruba having a basement.  I think because the ground is like pure rock...

Do police in the US search houses without a search warrant on the basis of internet rumours? I hope not, I really do.  Please consider this:

These are real people, not much different than you. There is no conspiricy here..Some kinf of of drug/sex /accident  happened and some young boys are trying to do a coverup. Maybe their parents are trying to protect them..but they are NOT GOING TO BE TRIED by the media or fox news, and I respect them for that.
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #399 on: June 20, 2005, 12:34:53 AM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "iquitos"
Luna:  You touched on a problem.  They are silent on this.  We had Alana here and she was pretty straight but did obfuscate on the specifics of getting in the car.  I wonder if Natalee had any real close friends on the trip who actually knew what she was doing and looked out for her.  One gets the impression that she slipped through the cracks.  How could they not notice she was gone until the asembly at 10:30 the next morning?   Did she have special boy or girlfriends on the trip.  What about her other room mates?  I really think these people need to step forward although we are assured that they have been interviewed by FBI.  

Hey....I have some questions for those of you who have been following this from the beginning...what really happened when she left CnC's?

What did her friends say early on about her departure?

I've heard that she said she'd see them in a few minutes, sort of implying that the guys were just giving her a ride.  Did any of the students report anything else....like she was being lured away or something?   I guess what I'm wondering is did any student specifically say what happened when she left, or is just sort of generalizations from foggy memories?

Were any of the students partying with her and the three guys?

Any info on if the brothers had been with the group before?

TIA.

They've stepped forward to the FBI, but I think they are right to otherwise remain in the shadows. These girls are guys are going to be persecuted and crucified if they speak to the media. It isn't fair at all, and I think they are right to remain silent to the media. It doesn't matter what they say, people will still attack them. THey do not need that right now.

Has that happenend to Dash & Ed who have gone public?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.