April 27, 2024, 10:01:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 12 - 6/19 - 6/20/05  (Read 206614 times)
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #400 on: June 20, 2005, 12:35:12 AM »

::: random scream::: Deepak

Sorry I think I am devolping terets lol
no x it
Scared Monkey

« Reply #401 on: June 20, 2005, 12:35:27 AM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Yes, nitjus, we're all dirt poor with computers and DSL connection.

::Banging head against computers continues::

Ah, kinda like here in Tennessee.  I knew I felt a connection.
nitjus4fun
Scared Monkey

« Reply #402 on: June 20, 2005, 12:35:30 AM »

Sorry Arubagirl.... Not knocking it. Love the island and have hated all the negitive publicity.  Just stateing an observation from my past visits.
NativeLingo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #403 on: June 20, 2005, 12:35:33 AM »

Let slide Arubagirl......Ignorance is bliss.....
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: June 20, 2005, 12:35:54 AM »

Quote from: "nitjus4fun"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "RichinTx

Very Nice looking young american girl... What more do you want out of a kidnap victum....   Majority of the Americans that visit there likely have more money than most people in Aruba... From my previous visits the island. Once you leave the hotels, the place is DIRT POOR...[/quote

that is not true
everyplace has bad areas

and also...being dirt poor does not make most poor dirty like that.

peace to all
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #405 on: June 20, 2005, 12:36:12 AM »

Quote from: "SPSII"
This was posted on CNN June 4:

Authorities say there is no evidence the honors student and Mississippi native was abducted, but police commissioner Jan van der Straaten said "after four or five days you are afraid a crime has been committed."

Yeah, CNN said they had a confession and a body too. Then they dropped the whole story.  Laughing
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #406 on: June 20, 2005, 12:36:38 AM »

Quote from: "CancunMole"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "iquitos"
Luna:  You touched on a problem.  They are silent on this.  We had Alana here and she was pretty straight but did obfuscate on the specifics of getting in the car.  I wonder if Natalee had any real close friends on the trip who actually knew what she was doing and looked out for her.  One gets the impression that she slipped through the cracks.  How could they not notice she was gone until the asembly at 10:30 the next morning?   Did she have special boy or girlfriends on the trip.  What about her other room mates?  I really think these people need to step forward although we are assured that they have been interviewed by FBI.  

Quote from: "luna"
Hey....I have some questions for those of you who have been following this from the beginning...what really happened when she left CnC's?

What did her friends say early on about her departure?

I've heard that she said she'd see them in a few minutes, sort of implying that the guys were just giving her a ride.  Did any of the students report anything else....like she was being lured away or something?   I guess what I'm wondering is did any student specifically say what happened when she left, or is just sort of generalizations from foggy memories?

Were any of the students partying with her and the three guys?

Any info on if the brothers had been with the group before?

TIA.

They've stepped forward to the FBI, but I think they are right to otherwise remain in the shadows. These girls are guys are going to be persecuted and crucified if they speak to the media. It isn't fair at all, and I think they are right to remain silent to the media. It doesn't matter what they say, people will still attack them. THey do not need that right now.

Has that happenend to Dash & Ed who have gone public?

no, it has not, but keep in mind that Dash wasn't one of her roomates. The chaperones and the roomates WILL be harassed. I definetely think that remaining silent to the media is a good desicion on their parts.

RichinTx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #407 on: June 20, 2005, 12:36:45 AM »

seriously...you are saying that a pretty girl in a foreign country, on a HS trip, no one knows her locally (what her family does, how much money, connections, etc) but yet you have a bunch of kidnappers who say "hey, let's snatch THAT girl and hope her family has the million dollars we will ask for"??
Maybe if she was a celebrity, well known daughter of a US politician...ANYONE who could have been known in another country but we are talking about a normal US HS student from small town USA, not Bill Gates daughter!

Assuming your family does not have a ton of money...if I kidnapped you don't you think that your family would find a way to come up with the dough.  Maybe that's what is taking so long...they are having adifficult time meeting the demand and are negotiating.  Again...it's just a theory that is fit to the facts.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #408 on: June 20, 2005, 12:36:58 AM »

DIRTPOOR? Where did you drive? Only in Rancho?

Seriously, I'd like to believe that I'm not completely blind with my island, so I can assure you that I'm not seeing the dirt-poorness.

My colleagues are so going to laugh about this one.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
lainey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #409 on: June 20, 2005, 12:37:01 AM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"

They've stepped forward to the FBI, but I think they are right to otherwise remain in the shadows. These girls are guys are going to be persecuted and crucified if they speak to the media. It isn't fair at all, and I think they are right to remain silent to the media. It doesn't matter what they say, people will still attack them. THey do not need that right now.

I totally agree with you on that.  These kids do not need a bunch of info hungry media hounding them.  If it were my kid I would definately boycott the idea due to the huge potential for them to be harassed/dissed/humiliated by the media as well.

Lainey
WoodGuy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #410 on: June 20, 2005, 12:37:46 AM »

Thanks Aruba and Luna.....Whew !!! the guessing game gets more intricate by the hour !! I also tend to agree with Katya....sounds like the Senator is just trying to look good. If in fact this is some kidnapping/drug related international matter you would hope that he would know better than to shoot his mouth off. Looking back I recall that he made sure that the whole world knew that he got the FBI involved on behalf of the family, blah, blah, blah....This was like the 2nd day that Nat was missing and all I could think was that her family was just thrown into a nightmare and all he was worried about was making sure he got credit. Katya's right....a media whore. Evil or Very Mad
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #411 on: June 20, 2005, 12:37:48 AM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"

Very Nice looking young american girl... What more do you want out of a kidnap victum....   Majority of the Americans that visit there likely have more money than most people in Aruba... From my previous visits the island. Once you leave the hotels, the place is DIRT POOR...[/quote

that is not true
everyplace has bad areas

FOM...make sure you know that I did not say that!!!!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
KKM
Scared Monkey

« Reply #412 on: June 20, 2005, 12:38:25 AM »

Quote from: "MIGuy"
RichinTX:

You may be on to something.  Early on in this deal, a poster on Free Republic repeated rumors that it was a ransom deal, and posted a link to the company website of a "wealthy Birmingham businessman" who was going to pay the ransom for the family.  Another Freeper close to NH demanded that the post be pulled because "it will get people killed."  She was very insistent, and posted this message urgently several times.
Could Drummond Coal in Jasper be involved? This sort of thing is certainly not new to that particular company.
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #413 on: June 20, 2005, 12:39:15 AM »

Please read this list of blunders from Aruba. See If you can understand their frustation.
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #414 on: June 20, 2005, 12:39:40 AM »

http://www.bwcitypaper.com/1editorialbody.lasso?-token.folder=2005-06-16&-token.story=129206.112112&-nothing
luna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #415 on: June 20, 2005, 12:39:43 AM »

Hey Kerin in TX...maybe you're not aware of the high rate of kidnappings in Colombia and other S Am countries?  They kidnap regulary ordinary Americans all the time...usually contractors....who obviously aren't related to Bill Gates.  Of course the kidnappers are hoping that their companies will come through and pay the ransom.  Remember that movie with Meg Ryan and Russell Crowe?

Anyway....not really that far of a stretch that they'd pick any American teen....altho as someone mentioned Joran could have been setting her up.

CaliGirl.....would love to hear your thoughts?  Please?
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #416 on: June 20, 2005, 12:39:58 AM »

Quote from: "luna"
That's the part that doesn't compute...
Just a thought to explain some... :
When anyone want to add 2+2 but try to IMPOSE the result as 5 then it's obvious nothing "computes" Exclamation
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #417 on: June 20, 2005, 12:40:03 AM »

I'm going to bed
Bye.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: June 20, 2005, 12:40:10 AM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"

that is not true
everyplace has bad areas

FOM...make sure you know that I did not say that!!!!

yes i know...dj    (TAYLOR)  is gone?

peace to all
SPSII
Scared Monkey

« Reply #419 on: June 20, 2005, 12:40:21 AM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"
Quote from: "SPSII"
This was posted on CNN June 4:

Authorities say there is no evidence the honors student and Mississippi native was abducted, but police commissioner Jan van der Straaten said "after four or five days you are afraid a crime has been committed."

Yeah, CNN said they had a confession and a body too. Then they dropped the whole story.  Laughing

I looked for the delete button but it disappeared.  Laughing

From South US....praying for Natalee's safe return home.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.