April 28, 2024, 03:27:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 12 - 6/19 - 6/20/05  (Read 206646 times)
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #620 on: June 20, 2005, 02:25:30 AM »

Quote from: "NativeLingo"
Quote from: "Professor"
For those of you who got their feathers ruffled, let me 1. When I see posts which indicate that it is "rude" to knock on doors after 10pm, when searching for a missing daughter;
2. When I see posts that indicate that local custom considers "blood to be thicker than water," and which excuse the harboring of known felons;
3. When hear retired police officers -- who, two days earlier were wondering why the local authorities weren't taking advantage of polygraphic technology offered by the FBI -- claiming that the family of the victim should be subject to polygraphs;
4. And when I read posts which indicate that native Arubians believe that they are extending a "courtesy," by allowing a grieving mother to inquire about a missing daughter. . . . .

Professor...where did you hear all this?????

Ok...I agree....our values may differ, but by no means does it mean that ours are inferior now does it........

Professor said explicitly that he wasn't making a value-judgment about two different cultures.

And to respond to another person, when two values are starting to clash, like they definitely are here, yes, it is relevant to discuss the difference in culture. At some point, you have to ask, and I think many of us are, if this is just all a big misunderstanding, because we don't understand each other's culture, or what?
NativeLingo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #621 on: June 20, 2005, 02:25:49 AM »

Quote from: "bkhypnotic"
We need to pitch in and buy Native a tent so that she can camp out in front of the police station and let us know what is going on. Very Happy

I haven't said this yet, but thanks so much to all of the Arubans who are keeping us so well informed.

You´re welcome and thatks, but no need for tent.... Wink
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #622 on: June 20, 2005, 02:26:32 AM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"
Ok ya'll I'm falling asleep at the computer...so goodnight, hope, as always, that tomorrow brings good news. Keep up the hope!
Good Night! mbhs05
God Bless!
Brenda
Scared Monkey

« Reply #623 on: June 20, 2005, 02:27:18 AM »

Quote from: "chloe2"
Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "tuberide"
Quote from: "WoodGuy"
Here's a crazy thought.....imagine if it was some pyscho american tourist on a long vacation doing it (nat, strangled guy, other missing person).... Rolling Eyes

"strangled"? you mean partial decapitation

fox already said it is cult related .  i saw it a little while ago

Sorry, not buying it. Cult related? Now we have a sicko cult attacking victims. I think not. Just because "FOX" said it does not make it true. I agree with previous poster who thinks this was a ruse.

If you are talking about a cult of a******'s who think they DESERVE any unsuspecting girl on the island, and then having "something bad happen" afterwards....perhaps there is a cult of that there.  I don't know....?  Think this thinking qualifies as a "cult" of "self worship" and to hell with everyone else?

God give me the serenity to accept things I cannot change...Courage to change things I can change.... And the wisdom to know the difference....
waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #624 on: June 20, 2005, 02:29:44 AM »

PHS05.........WAR EAGLE!!!  (love auburn....used to go there on weekends to visit my friend who went to school there...MUCH FUN!

Thanks for your post....your support of our Arubian friends and Mountain Brook friends is very nice.....they are definitely appreciated
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #625 on: June 20, 2005, 02:29:45 AM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
If they're annoucing that more arrests are coming over here, do you think that means the people  they are talking about are already in custody and the MSM hasn't picked it up yet?

Wondering now...local TV here doesn't usually report much on anything that isn't local being as it's all Los Angeles news and there's always plenty of that  Wink

they mentioned her 5 minutes into the news.. which here is pretty big.

that and earthquakes right?

LOL FOM, yes the earthquakes too! But we usually have a daily high speed car chase on every channel interupting our TV shows for hours lol.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #626 on: June 20, 2005, 02:30:23 AM »

If they're annoucing that more arrests are coming over here, do you think that means the people  they are talking about are already in custody and the MSM hasn't picked it up yet?

Sheesh. Lots of arrests. Starting to look like they're busting up a gang or something. Just wish at least one of these arrests would produce info on Natalee.
I jump from way back, so, uh what arrests are you referring to, please?
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #627 on: June 20, 2005, 02:31:31 AM »

<<t makes me wonder who is the #1 PR problem in Aruba today. And my feeling is that it isn't Dee Fine. It's the people of Aruba, themselves.>>

Professor, I know what has riled you up.  I've been responding to a lot of it myself this weekend, as well.

But this is way overboard.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #628 on: June 20, 2005, 02:33:24 AM »

Quote from: "TTownMike"

Sheesh. Lots of arrests. Starting to look like they're busting up a gang or something. Just wish at least one of these arrests would produce info on Natalee.

Mike, I think they are talking about my report of my local news saying there are to be more arrests comming.
Brenda
Scared Monkey

« Reply #629 on: June 20, 2005, 02:34:26 AM »

Quote from: "Professor"
For those of you who got their feathers ruffled, let me reiterate. I have already expressed my willingness to apologize, if this investigation turns out to be something more that a simple date-rape gone bad. But I have to admit that the posts of this day have really opened my eyes.
1. When I see posts which indicate that it is "rude" to knock on doors after 10pm, when searching for a missing daughter;
2. When I see posts that indicate that local custom considers "blood to be thicker than water," and which excuse the harboring of known felons;
3. When hear retired police officers -- who, two days earlier were wondering why the local authorities weren't taking advantage of polygraphic technology offered by the FBI -- claiming that the family of the victim should be subject to polygraphs;
4. And when I read posts which indicate that native Arubians believe that they are extending a "courtesy," by allowing a grieving mother to inquire about a missing daughter. . . . .

. . . it makes me wonder who is the #1 PR problem in Aruba today. And my feeling is that it isn't Dee Fine. It's the people of Aruba, themselves.
Think about it, folks. There are plenty of beautiful beaches along the Redneck Riviera. There is Perdido Key and Destin, and Panama City. Further down south, there is Key West, where Jimmy Buffet hangs out. And it isn't considered rude to knock on doors in search of a missing girl. And where people aren't eager to have the tourists leave, and leave their tourist dollars behind.

I'm not condemning anybody. Different cultures have different values, and I'm not saying that one is necessarily better than another. I'm just saying that Arubian values and American values just ain't the same.

I couldn't have said it better....perhaps everyone should take a loot at the yellow pages, (includes the phone numbers and address) for persons you would like to send a letter to, or make a call to.  These people deserve to be "talked to" about what it means to be a sheltered girl from a place called "Mountain Home" in Alabama.  

Even her own mother called her "naive" and by ALL reports - she was (hopefully is, but I don't think so - still thinking it is most likely a rape gond bad) a very decent kid.  That means that she most likely will (or did) be ready for kissy kissy with a newly met boy, but not any more.....

Not all young ladies are "wild".....Perhaps Aruban's are just raised differently and don't think that daughters are to be "raised like a lady" and expect when they go missing that they are just running wild, or in a crack house or bar.....

Yes, perhaps we do have very differnent values.

God give me the serenity to accept things I cannot change...Courage to change things I can change.... And the wisdom to know the difference....
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: June 20, 2005, 02:35:33 AM »

Wondering now...local TV here doesn't usually report much on anything that isn't local being as it's all Los Angeles news and there's always plenty of that  Wink

LOL FOM, yes the earthquakes too! But we usually have a daily high speed car chase on every channel interupting our TV shows for hours lol.

i saw that yesterdat.
what happened to arubagirl??
does she have a layte nite job?
shes been a great source of help to everone in us
trying to get a grip on wth is going on in aua from the start.   someday maybe she will be a professional reporter or dj

i used to work at a radio station in boston

peace to all
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #631 on: June 20, 2005, 02:37:23 AM »

i saw that yesterdat.
what happened to arubagirl??
does she have a layte nite job?
shes been a great source of help to everone in us
trying to get a grip on wth is going on in aua from the start.   someday maybe she will be a professional reporter or dj

i used to work at a radio station in boston

Not sure. I know she has been busy. She was volunteering today after work I think. Hope the lack of her wonderful presence isn't because of comments.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #632 on: June 20, 2005, 02:37:51 AM »

Ok ya'll I'm falling asleep at the computer...so goodnight, hope, as always, that tomorrow brings good news. Keep up the hope!
Good Night! mbhs05
God Bless!

Mike, are you a timezone behind the rest of us again?  I think MBHS05 is in REM sleep by now.

I'll await your response in about an hour.   Laughing
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #633 on: June 20, 2005, 02:40:15 AM »

You'd think they'd figure out by now that with all the news choppers following them that they can't get away (barring climatalogical factors).  Very Happy
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #634 on: June 20, 2005, 02:41:28 AM »

Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"
Good Night! mbhs05
God Bless!

Mike, are you a timezone behind the rest of us again?  I think MBHS05 is in REM sleep by now.

TT is a professional lofter

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #635 on: June 20, 2005, 02:42:17 AM »

Mike, I think they are talking about my report of my local news saying there are to be more arrests comming.
I jumped that, what #5? #6? ???
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #636 on: June 20, 2005, 02:42:17 AM »

« Natalee Holloway General Discussion Forum | Main

Monday, June 20, 2005
Aruba: Decapitation Story Confirmed
A reliable source on the island of Aruba has confirmed reports of a recent murder / decapitation, and also confirmed reports of another murder currently under investigation in Aruba. A third report regarding a possible new missing person report filed today has not been confirmed at this time.

Additionally, sources close to the Natalee Holloway investigation have indicated to me that there appear to be serious problems developing in establishing a consistent time lime of events surrounding Natalee's disappearance. Problems stem from conflicts among stories by those being questioned, a growing list which now includes  Father of Joran v d Sloot, Paulus v d Sloot.

It's possible that the time line as presented by the elder vd Sloot does not fit with other knowable facts in the case, resulting in his having been brought back for additional questioning.

Additionally, from other contacts who are known to be observing the Natalee Holloway investigation very closely on the ground in Aruba, there is growing concern that some of the lack of clarity in the troubling case could be the result of an attempt to minimize the impact of this tragic case on the tourism industry of Aruba.

While differences do exist between the system of justice in Aruba and a watchful America, many Americans are coming to feel more and more dissatisfied from an apparent lack of accountability to the public by Aruban authorities.

Developing, hope to have more tomorrow.

Update: An initial report suggests the decapitation may have had something to do with drug trafficking as some say the head was actually sent back to Columbia. That is unconfirmed.

This post is also available at Blogger News Network.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/06/arends_in_for_q.html

My my my
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #637 on: June 20, 2005, 02:42:30 AM »

You'd think they'd figure out by now that with all the news choppers following them that they can't get away (barring climatalogical factors).  Very Happy

lol I agree. I never understand WTF those people think. 1 "ghetto bird" (we call police choppers that) and 12 TV choppers chasing too lol Not to mention also how the heck they figure they can get away on the freeways with our constant traffic jams? lol
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #638 on: June 20, 2005, 02:42:48 AM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Good Night! mbhs05
God Bless!

TT is a professional lofter

Kerin, did you flip over the odometer on your post count or what?  Very Happy
Brenda
Scared Monkey

« Reply #639 on: June 20, 2005, 02:43:05 AM »

no news on tv here....who just got arrested?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.