April 27, 2024, 10:37:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 12 - 6/19 - 6/20/05  (Read 206616 times)
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #840 on: June 20, 2005, 09:49:49 AM »

Found this at dans site....pretty interesting.
18-42 hours folks.....

Papa VanderSloot will be arrested for aiding and abetting.

I think the old man has been caught. Who would run down the road to his car like Papa did. He had the look of someone who had done something bad and that he fully knew that his time is approaching quickly.

This would also be a great strategy for getting this case fully resolved. Get Papa in jail. Let Junior VDS know that Papa is in jail and "he's talkin"....then, let Papa know that Junior "is talkin" about him. Oh....the pressure would be unbearable.

With that said. This case has been a cover-up from the start. Without the pressure from the American Media...the Dutch Authorities would have buried this one as a missing persons report.

The Holloways must keep applying media pressure....screw what the FBI says, screw the Aruban Government. Keep getting on TV and stating that it has been over three weeks and the Aruban Government continues its shenanigans (think about it.....Papa VDS being interviewed THREE WEEKS after the disappearance. Why would LE wait 10 days to interview the main suspect and 21 days to interview the man who covered up?).
kuaitzu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #841 on: June 20, 2005, 09:50:31 AM »

Quote from: "GutFeeling"
Good morning Katrina
Thanks for relaying Paul Harvey comments.  I am not surprised that tourism is up so far.
In general I think that it is naive to think that this instance could affect tourism.  Look at New York all kinds of gruesome crimes occur here everyday and it is loaded with tourists.  

Good Morning from NY......there is a video on FOX showing high school gradutes from Boston "celebrating and partying" last week at "Carlos n Charlies" But they were using the buddy system?? When you're drunk you don't remember who you are ..let alone who your buddy is. Especially if you are not used to drinking. These were mostly 18 year olds. Well...the reporter asked one teen girl what does her Mom think about her going to C/C because of the recent problems..and she responded.."Oh my Mom doesn't know" then she giggled... When C/C closed it showed the kids leaving and some were so drunk..staggering barely holding it up. So see...in my opinion kids will take chances..out of sight ...out of mind. They think they are invincible at this age. The one guy said..we'll be back tomorrow!!!!

A lie has a certain weight for those that tend to believe it.
kuaitzu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #842 on: June 20, 2005, 09:50:51 AM »

Quote from: "GutFeeling"
Good morning Katrina
Thanks for relaying Paul Harvey comments.  I am not surprised that tourism is up so far.
In general I think that it is naive to think that this instance could affect tourism.  Look at New York all kinds of gruesome crimes occur here everyday and it is loaded with tourists.  

Good Morning from NY......there is a video on FOX showing high school gradutes from Boston "celebrating and partying" last week at "Carlos n Charlies" But they were using the buddy system?? When you're drunk you don't remember who you are ..let alone who your buddy is. Especially if you are not used to drinking. These were mostly 18 year olds. Well...the reporter asked one teen girl what does her Mom think about her going to C/C because of the recent problems..and she responded.."Oh my Mom doesn't know" then she giggled... When C/C closed it showed the kids leaving and some were so drunk..staggering barely holding it up. So see...in my opinion kids will take chances..out of sight ...out of mind. They think they are invincible at this age. The one guy said..we'll be back tomorrow!!!!

LostinTime
Scared Monkey

« Reply #843 on: June 20, 2005, 09:53:28 AM »

Quote from: "RichinTx"
KerinTX,
Not necessarily.  THEY could have figured that where the money came from was the family's problem and that there was a pretty good chance that alot of the 'kids' that came to Aruba had parents that could afford to send them.  Maybe Joran meeting Nat several days before hand was no accident , maybe Joran was 'casing' the potential victims.

Maybe that's why they contacted before leaving and flew over with the people that came with them...Just a thought
pairofdivers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #844 on: June 20, 2005, 09:54:06 AM »

I work in the area, just 5 minutes from the Wall of Hope, set up for NH.
I've been reading your site since last Friday, and wanted to get in on this.

It's really getting tiring to listen to all the news, because everyday you find out one sentence, and the rest is just repeat from everything discovered since 06/01...

The system that governs Aruban law is making it frustrating as hell!
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #845 on: June 20, 2005, 09:55:28 AM »

Quote from: "pairofdivers"
I work in the area, just 5 minutes from the Wall of Hope, set up for NH.
I've been reading your site since last Friday, and wanted to get in on this.

It's really getting tiring to listen to all the news, because everyday you find out one sentence, and the rest is just repeat from everything discovered since 06/01...

The system that governs Aruban law is making it frustrating as hell!

Welcome!!!!  We try to keep eachother sain because of the news reports.  We most likely hear it in here first anyway.
kuaitzu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #846 on: June 20, 2005, 09:55:42 AM »

why is this thing posting the messages twice??

friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #847 on: June 20, 2005, 09:56:59 AM »

Quote from: "kuaitzu"
why is this thing posting the messages twice??

Question
sometimes my computer does that too. its weird. i dunno

peace to all
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #848 on: June 20, 2005, 09:57:01 AM »

I do not personally think that Joran planned all this..i really dont..i think he planned on maybe "hookin up with her" and when that plan failed...his anger/embarrasment/etc.. kicked in...alll went wrong from there.

Kelly
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #849 on: June 20, 2005, 09:57:25 AM »

Shellbell:

It's probably because I'm half awake...but, I can't find that article at Dan's site regarding the possible arrest of Joran's dad.  Can you tell me where it is?

Thanks.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #850 on: June 20, 2005, 09:57:37 AM »

The new tape of Steve going or coming out of court is coming up next.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #851 on: June 20, 2005, 09:58:42 AM »

Dan did not write it, it was just a comment made at his site.  But it is at the end of the list.  They seemed to have been busy in there last night.
jagz2u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #852 on: June 20, 2005, 10:00:29 AM »

[the reason a dog has so many friends is he was his tail instead of his tongue)

Great quote, I had never heard this one
pairofdivers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #853 on: June 20, 2005, 10:00:52 AM »

[/quote]
Welcome!!!!  We try to keep eachother sain because of the news reports.  We most likely hear it in here first anyway.[/quote]

I wish I could say we're getting the latest news here in M.Brook and the
Birmingham metro area, but that's mostly wishful thinking.

I've actually heard more detailed info on this site...
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #854 on: June 20, 2005, 10:00:55 AM »

Quote from: "Getagrip"
Whew! Finally caught up...you people are PROLIFIC! Smile

iquitos, BBC should be ON. Type outside the brackets - everything in the brackets is part of the quotation.

I know that arubagirl has gone to bed, but NativeLingo and maybe others may be around. From what I can gather, I know you don't receive FOX News in Aruba, but please try to understand the frustration with the new developments today - not the ones reported by FOX, but the ones coming out of Arubans:

- Elio Nicolaas, suggesting that Natalee's parents should be the ones polygraphed - he was cut off before he could verbalize his suggestion based on the theory that Natalee has run away (as many rumours we have heard, that Natalee has run away in the past, which are false)

- Mariaine Croes, giving the limited answers we have come to expect from her, and evading the question of what is PVDS's exact role within the Aruban justice system (odd?)

- Ruben Trappenberg, who imho is the poster boy for all government spokespeople (the man deserves a RAISE, he has been wonderful throughout all this!), confirming that PVDS is a judge-in-training, but losing his usual composed self, being on the defensive and stating that FOX commentators have no clue, because they don't know the facts of the case (he has a point, but then again we are used to transparency, which has its good points, just as the Dutch system has its good points as well).

We then learn that PVDS's status has changed to 'witness'. He has retained a lawyer (as have the Twittys).

Then we hear the Current Affairs reporter (Paris forgetherlastname) report that she tried to obtain information from the Public Information Officer (PIO) about the decapitation case - the PIO reportedly told her that he won't go into details about that. The reporter Paris asked about the Aruban crime statistics, and he replies that he knows she's there for the Natalee Holloway case, and that he had made an 'executive decision' to not divulge any information (that is supposed to be publically accessible???).

The bottom line is, there has been a visible shift in the past day or so. People are going on the defensive because there are no results. The 3 last people to be seen with her are in custody - they have changed their stories suggesting that they have something to hide.

Despite all the great things we have heard about Aruba and the people of Aruba, something's not right here. Please don't dismiss me as another 'cowboy' American. I am Canadian, born and raised in the Caribbean.

The longer this case goes unsolved and people are not held accountable, the worse of a PR disaster this becomes for Aruba. I think Aruba needs to hire a PR/image consultant, learn the truth, which I think authorities already know (or have a pretty good idea about) and find ways to minimize the damage. Where has the PM been hiding after saying that the case would be solved in 24 - 36 hours, over a week ago?

Blah! I hope this didn't come off as harsh. I wouldn't mean for it to come out that way. All the Arubans on this message board have been wonderful in keeping us informed and you have been amazing representatives of all the people on the island who do not deserve anything but praise in their care about Natalee's disappearance.

This is something evrrybody, including the Aruban spokespeeps should print out and read over and over.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #855 on: June 20, 2005, 10:01:22 AM »

I thought it was interesting because that's pretty much what an anaylst said on fox this morning.  However, he didn't predict he would be arrested.  But, I wouldn't doubt it at this point.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #856 on: June 20, 2005, 10:02:06 AM »

Welcome!!!!  We try to keep eachother sain because of the news reports.  We most likely hear it in here first anyway.[/quote]

I've actually heard more detailed info on this site...[/quote]
What is the attitudes like there.  No stories going around?
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #857 on: June 20, 2005, 10:03:38 AM »

If they release Steve we may find out a lot today, if he talks like the others did.
JessesMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #858 on: June 20, 2005, 10:03:41 AM »

Quote from: "Matt"
Quote from: "Kelly"
Yeah that was it..SLIMEBALL! THANKS  HE SEEMED A LIL STRANGE

I've never seen anybody run from the media like he did on the CNN website's video.  Usually people just cover their face or walk normally and refuse to comment.

That was my thought exactly when I saw the clip .... that was very un-judge-to-be-like in my opinion.  A person with integrity and dignity would walk calmly through the cameras, stating no comment, no comment .... looked like a felon run to me.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #859 on: June 20, 2005, 10:04:11 AM »

I've actually heard more detailed info on this site...[/quote]

fox on now!

peace to all
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.