March 28, 2024, 07:45:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Townhall and “name-brand-blue-ribbon-negro-organizations”  (Read 3118 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 22, 2013, 07:14:21 AM »

AL SHARPTON'S CHICAGO TOWN HALL ERUPTS INTO REVOLT AGAINST MACHINE POLITICS

On Thursday, a town hall meeting hosted by Al Sharpton and the National Action Network to address gun violence exploded into a revolt against “Chicago Machine” politics, Mayor Rahm Emanuel, and the aldermen in City Hall, with panel and audience members calling to vote out their elected officials.
One 82-year-old preacher even called for “Tea Party” style meetings in some of Chicago’s south side communities such as Altgeld Gardens and Trumbull Park.

“This was a historic event,” Paul McKinley of V.O.T.E. (Voices of the Ex-Offender) and former 2nd Congressional District GOP nominee to replace Jesse Jackson, Jr. told Breitbart News. “Not because of Al Sharpton coming to town,” he continued. “This was first time since electing Mayor Harold Washington in the eighties that all of these grassroots groups and community organizers have come together under one roof to talk about the problems plaguing our community.”
While the stated goal for Sharpton was to bring the many different groups together to discuss solutions to the city’s violence epidemic, he may not have gotten the types of responses he was looking for. Calls for more gun control laws and getting guns off the streets were nonexistent and not mentioned by residents throughout the session.

read more here - http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/21/Al-Sharpton-s-Chicago-Town-Hall-Erupts-into-Revolt-against-Machine-Politics

I am reminded of $400,000 a piece 'shovel ready' jobs, seemed to employ people who lived hundreds of miles away, didn't speak English and were not from the neighborhood.  Did anyone advertise for local workers?

What comes to mind after all these Obama years?  Lumberjack jobs in places like Washington and Oregon states that imported workers, while unemployed locals were available?  Construction jobs in Chicago and Florida filled by non-locals? 

When does America work for American citizens and legal immigrants first?  When does the bus stop on Main St.?

When it comes to gun violence, what is the criminal justicelegal system in Chicago doing to punish criminals?  Deport illegal alien criminals? 

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 07:20:04 AM »

The Rev. Al Sharpton held a town hall meeting in Chicago’s Hyde Park Thursday to address the gun violence in the city, but the discussion quickly turned to a lack of jobs being cited as the root cause of the problem.

“I have heard that some black folks think I am here to take over,” Sharpton said, according to DNAinfo. “But I say to them, ‘How can I take over when black folks don’t control anything for me to take over?’ I am here to help and bring attention to a matter that is destroying communities across the country, including in New York.”

Sharpton may have expected a discussion on more gun control laws, but instead the audience of about 300 expressed a need for jobs and a solution to the foreclosure problem plaguing the city.

“When you give a person a job, you give them a purpose to stay out of trouble and a goal to work toward,” panelist Diane Latiker—founder and executive director of Kids Off the Block, a nonprofit youth-development group on the South Side—said, according to DNAinfo. “Our young people need this, especially during these hard times. If you wake up in the morning with nothing to do, you will go out and find something to occupy your time, and usually, for youths, it’s violence.”

read more here - http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/12/22/al-sharptons-chicago-town-hall-erupts-people-want-jobs-not-gun-control-89635

The videos in both of these people have some interesting snips (my paraphrase) 'Mr. President...that man you sent down as our mayor hates us...'

they want to shut things down...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 07:28:51 AM »

youtube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzo9lCBYzA4][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzo9lCBYzA4[/url]

Fifth Floor, Right People...blame the right people...

I don't see that this made the mass media and network news...

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.