April 27, 2024, 11:37:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 Year Old Heather Elvis Missing Since 12/17/13 in Myrtle Beach, SC (2 convictions/kidnapping) no body  (Read 131553 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: December 22, 2013, 10:20:01 AM »

20 Year Old Heather Elvis Missing Since 12/17/13 in Myrtle Beach, SC … Car Found Abandoned Near Peachtree Landing Along Waccamaw River

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/12/22/20-year-old-myrtle-beach-woman-heather-elvis-missing-since-121713-car-found-abandoned-near-peachtree-landing-along-waccamaw-river/

20 year old Heather Elvis was reported missing  Thursday night by her father; however, Heather Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night, December 17,  and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning, December 18 at 3 a.m.  Heather stopped by her parents’ house Tuesday to pick up mail; however, did not show up or call in for her scheduled shift Friday afternoon at the  Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery. Her last known location was was at 2 a.m. near Whiteriver Drive just off of River Oaks Drive in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Heather Elvis’s car was found abandoned in a parking area in Socastee on Thursday.

Heather Elvis’s car was found abandoned in a parking area in Socastee on Thursday. Terry Elvis identified the car, and said that it did not appear to have any damage.

One boat from the Department of National Resources was out on patrol on the Intracoastal Waterway searching for the missing person, said Sergeant Nate Hutson with DNR. Lt. Kegler confirmed that DNR was assisting them in their search.

According to Terry Elvis, Heather’s latest phone call was made at about 3 a.m. Wednesday morning. She stopped by her parents’ house Tuesday to pick up mail. She works at a restaurant, but did not show up or call in for her scheduled shift Friday afternoon, her father said.

If anyone as any information on her location or disappearance is asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:22:13 AM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:23:52 AM »

Authorities search Myrtle Beach-area boat landing for woman

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2013/12/21/3170847/authorities-search-myrtle-beach.html#storylink=cpy

Horry County police and a helicopter from the State Law Enforcement Division searched an area near a Socastee boat landing Friday after a 20-year-old woman’s car was found there, but she has not been seen, according to authorities.

Heather Elvis, who lives in the Socastee area, was reported missing late Thursday after her vehicle was found parked at Peachtree Landing, Horry County police Lt. Robert Kegler said.

Law enforcement authorities used boats from Horry County police, Myrtle Beach police, the Department of Natural Resources and Horry County Fire Rescue, along with a SLED helicopter, to search the area of the Intracoastal Waterway where her vehicle was located, but there was no sign that she is in or near the water, Kegler said Friday evening. Major Crimes detectives are continuing the investigation.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 10:27:43 AM »

HELP FIND HEATHER ELVIS

Facebook:  “Find Heather Elvis”.

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 10:37:28 AM »

Her facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/heatherachellelvis
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 10:38:44 AM »

December 6th she edits Facebook to say she is in a Relationship
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 10:40:37 AM »

December 6th she edits Facebook to say she is in a Relationship

This is who she is in a relationship with.  Works as a server at the same place Heather works:

https://www.facebook.com/bri.warrelmann
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 09:20:37 AM »

Cue Center for Missing Persons continues to search for Heather Elvis

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=987555#.Ur2OT7SOc9Y

It's been one week since Heather Elvis, 20, was reported missing and the Cue Center for Missing Persons is now calling out extra boats and help to search for her.

Elvis' car was found last Friday according to the Horry County Police Department at Peachtree Landing in Socastee.

Police say she was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday, Dec.18 at 3 a.m.

Volunteers have been searching the Peachtree Landing area since Sunday, looking for any leads into the disappearance of Heather Elvis.

"Just ride and looking out through the woods, just keep an eye on the water," said Bernie Thornton, Cue Center volunteer.

As the search continues near the waterway, others in the community are doing their part to help spread the word. Many are hoping someone knows something and will come forward.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 09:00:35 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/30/search-intensifies-for-2-missing-south-carolina-women-while-police-discover/?intcmp=latestnews

Search intensifies for 2 missing South Carolina women, while police discover human skeletal remains

By Cristina Corbin
Published December 30, 2013
FoxNews.com

Police searching for two women who recently vanished in South Carolina came upon a set of human skeletal remains near where a third woman disappeared three years ago.

The discovery came as a reward for missing 20-year-old Heather Elvis, of Myrtle Beach, was increased to $20,000. Authorities intensified their search for Elvis and another young woman -- both of whom disappeared from the same area within a week of each other. While scouring a heavily wooded area for Elvis on Saturday, authorities found "adult skeletal remains," said Lt. Peter Cestare of the Horry County Police Department. It is not yet known whether the bones, which have been there "for some time," are male or female, he said.

The bones were found about 25 miles from where 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel was last seen in 2009. Drexel, a high school junior from the Rochester area, went with friends and without her mother's permission to Myrtle Beach on April 23, 2009. Authorities have long said they suspect Drexel is dead, but exhaustive searches for the teenager have never turned up remains.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 11:19:14 PM »

LIVE Interview with Terry Elvis, Father of Missing Myrtle Beach Woman

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=990522#.UsoVQrSOc9Y

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajOfcYr73OE

Volunteers have set the tent up near the swing bridge on Dick Pond Road by River City Café.

The tent was set up on Friday at 5 p.m. and remains open non-stop until Sunday at 11 p.m.

The volunteers will be taking any tips, even from those who wish to submit them anonymously, all in an effort to help locate the missing 20-year-old.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 09:26:47 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/30/search-intensifies-for-2-missing-south-carolina-women-while-police-discover/?intcmp=latestnews

Search intensifies for 2 missing South Carolina women, while police discover human skeletal remains

By Cristina Corbin
FoxNews.com

Police searching for two women who recently vanished in South Carolina came upon a set of human skeletal remains near where a third woman disappeared three years ago.

The discovery came as a reward for missing 20-year-old Heather Elvis, of Myrtle Beach, was increased to $20,000. Authorities intensified their search for Elvis and another young woman -- both of whom disappeared from the same area within a week of each other. While scouring a heavily wooded area for Elvis on Saturday, authorities found "adult skeletal remains," said Lt. Peter Cestare of the Horry County Police Department. It is not yet known whether the bones, which have been there "for some time," are male or female, he said.

The bones were found about 25 miles from where 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel was last seen in 2009. Drexel, a high school junior from the Rochester area, went with friends and without her mother's permission to Myrtle Beach on April 23, 2009. Authorities have long said they suspect Drexel is dead, but exhaustive searches for the teenager have never turned up remains.

I haven't seen anything on who the bones belong to . . . anyone else?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 05:38:57 PM »

By Cristina Corbin
FoxNews.com

I haven't seen anything on who the bones belong to . . . anyone else?

I believe they reported the bones belonged to a man in his 20's. 

http://www.counton2.com/story/24327413/horry-county-skeletal-remains-going-to-texas-for-quick-analysis
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 06:28:23 PM »

http://www.wect.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

Heather Elvis reward amount increases to $25,000
Posted: Dec 20, 2013 11:41 AM CST Updated: Jan 06, 2014 3:09 PM CST
By WMBF News Staff - email

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – The reward for information on the location of missing woman Heather Elvis has increased to $25,000.

Previously the reward amount climbed to $20,000 with money from the Elvis family and Tilted Kilt corporate offices.

Tilted Kilt Offices have also donated their digital advertising to put up pictures and information on Heather.

Lamar Advertising has also donated additional billboards. The CUE Center says as of Friday, 13 digital billboards across the Grand Strand will be flashing Heather's information.

It's been over two weeks since anyone has heard from 20-year-old Heather Elvis. The last time anyone spoke to her was about 3 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18, after she went on a date.

Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her.

Horry County Police and the Department of Natural Resources continue to search the area around Peachtree Landing in Socastee.

The CUE Center says the search is still going. People are helping alongside law enforcement. Last weekend, they kicked the search up a notch. The CUE Center is called in more resources, brought in more, and began searching more than the water.

This weekend the search for Heather will expand.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 06:31:59 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201527077235798&set=o.224033411102722&type=3&theater

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 06:35:58 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/06/father-missing-south-carolina-woman-issues-urgent-plea-for-her-return/

Father of missing South Carolina woman makes urgent plea for her return

By Cristina Corbin
Published January 06, 2014
FoxNews.com

The father of a missing South Carolina woman issued an urgent plea Monday for the public's help in locating his daughter, a day after hundreds of volunteers scoured the area in search of the 20-year-old woman.

Authorities and volunteers combed woods and ponds in Horry County, S.C., over the weekend looking for any sign of Heather Elvis, of Myrtle Beach. Nearly 300 people searched for 10 hours on Saturday for the young woman who was last seen at about 2:30 a.m. on Dec. 17.

"It’s a living nightmare," Elvis' father, Terry, told FoxNews.com on Monday. "I can't beg enough for information. If you've seen anything, if you've heard anything, if you have a friend, family member or acquaintance who acted differently on that day, I beg you to come forward."

"Any information -- as trivial as it may seem -- helps us," he said. "This could be anybody's child."

Heather Elvis was last heard from around 3 a.m. Dec. 17 after she went on a date, according to her family. Her car was found abandoned at a boat landing Dec. 18 in Horry County.

A source close to the case said the young man whom Heather met on the date is not considered a suspect. Her cellphone has not been located, the source said.

Lt. Robert Kegler of the Horry County Police Department told FoxNews.com that "several people" are being interviewed in connection with the disappearance. "Some are cooperative, some are not," he said.

Investigators are poring over new leads on Monday and the case remains "very active," Kegler said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 11:40:48 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK9KAegnZeQ

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gK9KAegnZeQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/gK9KAegnZeQ</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 11:56:55 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis/posts/230785317094198

Findheatherelvis
4 hours ago
Heather's story has reached Good Morning America! They will be featuring a segment tomorrow morning on Heather's disappearance. Please tune in, please share and please, thank Good Morning America for hearing the Elvis family's story and also helping to spread the word. In the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina area, our affiliate for ABC is WPDE NewsChannel 15, so you'll need to find out what channel it will air on according to what cable or satellite provider you use.

Thank you, again, everyone! Our teamwork is paying off and we just have to bring Heather home now!! Spread the word!! Let's bring her home!! ~April

#FindHeatherElvis #TeamHeather

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 02:38:55 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/06/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

Missing Boy Unreported by Mother; Search for Missing House of Blues Hostess

Aired January 6, 2014 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: When we come back, tonight, the desperate search for a 20- year-old hostess at a local restaurant. She disappears after going out for a Mexican dinner. Her car, a Dodge, turns up nearby abandoned. Tonight, where is Heather?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It was seemingly just another day for a 20- year-old makeup artist and House of Blues hostess. She dropped by her parents` home to pick up mail, and went out on a date later that night. But since about 3:00 AM, she`s never heard from again.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It`s hard. It`s very hard. So anyone, if you know anything, help us put this nightmare to bed.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I`m scared. I mean, really, really worried.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Her cell phone, radio silent. Group searches turn up nothing.

END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Tonight, we go live to Myrtle Beach and the desperate search for a 20-year-old girl. She`s a hostess at a local restaurant. She disappears after a night at a dinner, a Mexican restaurant. Her Dodge Intrepid turns up nearby, abandoned. Time is running out in the search for Heather.

We are taking your calls. Straight out to Rita Cosby, investigative journalist. You know, that evening, she had a very normal evening. She goes out to dinner at a local restaurant. She calls her dad around 10:30. And she even, I think, texts him a photo of her driving a stick shift, saying, Look, hey, I`m finally driving a stick shift.

She gets home to the apartment she`s sharing near where she works there at the House of Blues restaurant. And she had been on a date with a new guy. He is not a suspect. He`s totally cooperating. She comes home from the date. She calls her friends, talks about how much fun she had on the date, talking about her new boyfriend.

Boom! That`s it, Rita.

COSBY: Yes, it`s a bizarre story. And the last communication, which you just pointed out, Nancy, was around 3:41 in the morning, when she called her roommate to say, Hey, I had a great date. The boyfriend or the guy she went on the date with said he saw her car parked at the apartment. That`s significant because what happened was, the next day, a cop saw her car abandoned about 10 miles away at a spot she used to hang out, and that`s when they learned she was missing.

GRACE: Guys, this girl is just 20 years old. She is a student. She`s working, also studying. With me tonight, making a plea for your help, her parents are with us live, Debbie and Terry Elvis, joining us from Myrtle Beach.

First to you, the father, Terry, thank you so much for being with us. You heard from her that night. What was it, around 10:30, she sends you a picture, a text of her driving a stick shift? Is that how it went?

TERRY ELVIS, FATHER: Yes, ma`am. She texted me a picture, and she had a smile on her face, just normal. I mean, she was having a good time. She -- the only caption below it said, Look at me, I`m a pro. I`m driving a stick shift. It was something I had tried to teach her before, and now she was doing it. She was very proud of it.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The area searched by air, by land and by water, even horseback and ATV brought in. But no sign of Heather.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I`m asking to you keep looking because this is my family and this is my sister, and she`s my other half, my better half. And I just want her home.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Out to the lines. Michael, Virginia. What`s your question, Michael?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, I was wondering, were there any cameras around where she was working?

GRACE: Any surveillance cameras? Good question. Let`s go to Heather`s mom. Debbie Elvis is with us tonight. Everyone, her parents are joining me and asking you for your help in finding their girl, still their baby. She`s 20 years old. She`s a student. She`s working, helping put herself through school.

And with me tonight, her parents. With me, Terry and Debbie Elvis. Ms. Elvis, what about surveillance video, anywhere around that little apartment that she was sharing that`s close to where she works at House of Blues? Any surveillance video at all?

DEBBIE ELVIS, MOTHER: I`m not sure if there was at her apartment. I know the police department, Horry County police and all the different agencies that are working with them, have looked for every surveillance video that she might have been in prior to her going missing, and then again after. And they`ve got help going through the hours and hours of surveillance video that they`ve collected.

I haven`t heard anything that`s turned up from any of them. I`m not sure where they`ve been collected from. I just know that they`re searching everywhere, every place she could have possibly been.

GRACE: OK. Let`s go out to Michael Smith, the editor of "The Carolina Forest Chronicle." Michael, it`s a real pleasure to have you with us tonight. Michael, did the roommates notice her leaving? I mean, the date brought her home. He`s been very cooperative. He`s talked to the parents. He`s talked to police. He`s distraught. He`s helping search.

Did the roommates notice, did she go back out? Was she supposed to be at work the next day?

MICHAEL SMITH, "CAROLINA FOREST CHRONICLE" (via telephone): Thanks for having me. We don`t have any information about the roommate. In fact, the police report doesn`t even say if the roommate was home or what that situation was. It did say that they -- as you saw her off (ph), her car was still parked there at the apartment at about 2:00 to 2:30 in the morning. This is from the police records...

GRACE: And that was starting Wednesday, Michael Smith -- Michael Smith, the editor of "The Carolina Forest Chronicle." So she gets home Tuesday night. The date drops her off after dinner. And that`s confirmed. She goes in. She calls friends to tell them about her date. That`s in the wee morning hours, she`s calling on the phone and texting.

But then what happens there, Michael? What happens, Michael Smith? What`s the next known thing, her car turns up?

SMITH: Right. Pretty much. It`s difficult to say. There are elements of the official police report that are still redacted, so it`s difficult to say what else police know, other than that. There is some mention of video surveillance. Where the surveillance came from is also redacted...

GRACE: Right.

SMITH: ... other than that it was a business with a drive-through.

GRACE: Let me go back to you the parents, Michael. With me, Debbie and Terry Elvis. To you, Terry Elvis. I was inundated day after day to help find Heather. And I want to help find Heather. I want you to know that.

Let me ask you this. Have police confided to you about when her cell phone was last used?

TERRY ELVIS: We know that the cell phone was last used 3:41 Wednesday morning, AM. That`s been confirmed. I found that the first night when I -- her phone is actually on our account, and I pulled up the information, and that was the last known use of the phone.

GRACE: Terry, was that pinged back to her apartment?

TERRY ELVIS: At this time, they won`t really confirm where it was pinged to.

GRACE: Did they find her purse and her cell phone at the apartment?

TERRY ELVIS: No, her purse and cell phone are missing along with her. Everything else looks to be where it`s supposed to be.

GRACE: Everyone, there is a $25,000 reward to help find Heather Elvis. She`s just a 20-year-old girl. Her parents are begging for your help tonight. The tip line, 843-915-TIPS -- 843-915-TIPS. Please help us find Heather.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 02:43:06 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/07/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

Man Runs Over Ex-Wife`s Dog; Colorado Running Out of Pot; Search For Heather Elvis Continues

Aired January 7, 2014 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Tonight we join the parents of Heather Elvis in the desperate search for the 20-year-old girl. First here, Lt. Robert Keggler with the Horry County Police Department. What is the latest in the search for Heather, Lieutenant?

LT. ROBERT KEGGLER, HORRY COUNTY POLICE DEPT (on the phone): Our task force we have developed continues to receive and follow up on leads or tips that are coming into us. We have been working all day on it and will continue to work with the Elvis family, with the (INAUDIBLE) center and we will be following up on any leads as they come in.

GRACE: To Seth Meyers, clinical psychologist, what words of advice do you have for Heather`s parents who are joining us tonight?

SETH MEYERS, CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST: One of the things that are most common when families deal with this kind of tragedy is they often end up take responsibility unnecessarily for what happened. They ask themselves, what should I have done differently, they feel terribly guilty and anxious.

So really, what they need to remind themselves that this is not their fault. They need to try to find as much faith as they can and try to hold on to it.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It was seemingly just another day for a 20-year-old makeup artist and House of Blues hostess. She dropped by her parents` home to pick up mail, went out on a date later that night. But since about 3 a.m., she is never heard from again.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It`s hard. It`s very hard. So if you know anything, help us put this nightmare to bed.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: And now, straight to Terry Elvis. This is Heather`s father. Terry, what can you tell us? what are the updates on the search for heather?

TERRY ELVIS, HEATHER ELVIS` FATHER (on the phone): We are in contact with the chief of police earlier this afternoon. And she gave me confirmation that a lot of the tips that were coming in last night and today, they were very, very helpful. They did quite a few puzzle pieces that were filled in because of the tips that came from this show.

GRACE: With me is Terry Elvis. Also with him, Debbie Elvis, Heather`s parents. She goes missing. She`s a hostess at a popular restaurant, the House of Blues. Her car found not too far away from that, abandoned.

With me now, Dr. Michelle Dupree, forensic pathologist out of Columbia. Dr. Dupree, thanks for being with us. I am choosing to believe Heather is alive. But if she is no longer alive, what condition would she be in, and what if any clues can we get from the car? Let`s start with the car first.

DR. MICHELLE DUPREE, FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST: Thanks, Nancy. Yes, there might be a lot of clues actually left in the car. What police and investigators will be looking for are any signs of where she may have been last, who may have been with her, any type of trace evidence, things like hairs fibers, fingerprints of someone else, anything like that that may be able to give us a hint as to what happened right before she disappeared.

GRACE: You are taking a look at Heather Elvis, everyone. Let me give you the tip line. 843-915-TIPS. There is a $25,000 reward.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 04:09:05 PM »

Pictures of the text that Heather sent her dad the night before she disappeared, from the video at the link.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/woman-returns-home-date-vanishes-trace-21498394

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 04:11:40 PM »

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24457496/heather-elvis-family-thanks-supporters-a-month-after-she-was-last-seen
Heather Elvis' family thanks supporters a month after she was last seen
January 15, 2014

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -
The family of a missing Myrtle Beach woman thanked supporters on Wednesday, four weeks after their daughter was last heard from.

Heather Elvis, age 20, was last seen at about 2 a.m., on Dec. 18 when she returned home from a date.

Her locked car was found late the next day and searches began immediately at the Peachtree Landing along the Waccamaw River.

The reward for Heather is now up to $25,000 – with $10,000 of that coming from her parents.

The FindHeatherElvis Facebook page was started just as search efforts began for Heather and it's now up to 35,000 followers.

The case has gotten national attention, with a segment on the Nancy Grace show on Headline News.

Several electronic billboards were active along the Grand Strand with Heather's image and reward info. Billboards for Heather are also across the Carolinas, Indiana, Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Also, Bill Barrett's close ties with the Elvis' family motivated him to gather as many tips as possible about what happened.

That's why he set up an anonymous tip tent last Friday, which is located near Bob Evans in Myrtle Beach off of 501 by the railroad tracks.

Barrett hopes for similar results to last weekend's efforts, when his team received more than 50 leads about the disappearance of Elvis.

"It has been amazing all the things people have come and given us. Vehicle descriptions, plate numbers, things that they'd seen that there's no possible way they would tell the police," said Barrett.

The goal is to reach people who may not feel comfortable talking to police. Barrett's created a way for them to share their information, and remain anonymous but still receive the reward money if their tips leads to finding Elvis.

"I've already got two leads today, not necessarily leads but guy stops and says ok how about this camera over here did anybody check this one. You know something that is out of the ordinary that we hadn't seen that we can pass on to police to try to help them in their efforts," said Barrett.

A strategy he said that has already collected about 200 tips between Facebook, emails and the tip tent. All important information that Lt. Robert Kegler with the Horry County Police Department said the task force can use to solve the case.

"Following up on the tips, interviewing people, conducting interviews, and going out and talking to people and we're hoping that we come up on something soon," said Kegler. 

Photos at link in article.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.