April 27, 2024, 08:50:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 Year Old Heather Elvis Missing Since 12/17/13 in Myrtle Beach, SC (2 convictions/kidnapping) no body  (Read 131551 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2014, 12:18:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/JackLamsonWPDE

Jack Lamson ‏@JackLamsonWPDE 11m

BREAKING: According to J. Reuben Long Detention Center an additional charge of kidnapping has been filed for Tammy Moorer. #HeatherElvis
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2014, 12:22:13 PM »

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24785359/2-in-custody-in-connection-with-heather-elvis-case-police-confirm

More charges expected for couple arrested in Heather Elvis investigation
Posted: Feb 21, 2014 5:49 AM PST Updated: Feb 23, 2014 9:30 AM PST

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – According to the Horry County Public Index, Tammy Moorer has been charged today, with kidnapping, in connection to the Heather Elvis case.

At this time, according to public index, Sidney has not been charged with anything further today, however, that could change during an afternoon hearing scheduled for today.

Charges were announced Saturday at bond hearings for Sidney and Tammy Moorer, both arrested Friday in connection with the investigation into missing 20-year-old Heather Elvis.

Sidney Moorer, 38, and Tammy Moorer, 41, faced a judge for the first time to hear their charges; each are charged with obstruction of justice and two counts of indecent exposure, but police say they expect more charges to be filed in this case.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2014, 12:26:02 PM »

http://sheriff.horrycounty.org/Detention/DailyBookingsandReleases.aspx

HC02211429169 View Photo    MOORER, SIDNEY STCLAIR
MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29588    AMERICAN (US)    MALE    01/14/1976
38    2/21/2014 11:00:00 AM    incarcerated
INDECENT EXPOSURE - $5,000.00   (2 Charges)
OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE - Pre-Trial - $10,000.00   

HC02211429165 View Photo    MOORER, TAMMY LORINDA
MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29588    AMERICAN (US)    FEMALE    03/08/1972
41    2/21/2014 8:50:00 AM    incarcerated
KIDNAPPING - NO BAIL SET   
INDECENT EXPOSURE - Disposed - $5,000.00   (2 Charges)
OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE - Disposed - $10,000.00
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2014, 02:25:16 PM »

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_a500148a-9c85-11e3-a92f-0017a43b2370.html

Sidney Moorer, Tammy Moorer face new kidnapping charge in Heather Elvis case

Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:25 am | Updated: 2:24 pm, Sun Feb 23, 2014.

By Michael Smith michael.smith@myhorrynews.com | 0 comments

Sidney and Tammy Moorer have posted bonds on indecent exposure and obstruction of justice charges stemming from the ongoing Heather Elvis investigation.

But the Horry County couple remains behind bars as they await new charges that have been pending since their arrest Friday morning.

On Sunday, the Moorers were also charged with one count each of kidnapping, according to the J. Reuben Long website and a deputy at the jail.

A representative with Horry County magistrate's office said bond hearings for the kidnapping charges won't be held until at least Monday. Copies of the arrest warrants likely won't be released until Monday as well.

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said Sunday that the kidnapping charge is related to the Heather Elvis disappearance, but he couldn't go into details, including why the kidnapping charges were brought. He also couldn't comment on whether additional charges might be filed.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2014, 03:24:25 PM »

KIDNAPPING - NO BAIL SET   

His record still hasn't been updated, noticed the "disposed" notes in her lesser charges.

Maybe his will look the same once it's updated?

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2014, 03:55:18 PM »

Not sure why it hasn't been updated yet but yeah, it will look the same as hers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2014, 04:05:06 PM »

KIDNAPPING - NO BAIL SET   

His record still hasn't been updated, noticed the "disposed" notes in her lesser charges.

Maybe his will look the same once it's updated?

From the Horry County Sherriff's website (link above):

Disclaimer:

This web site contains information obtained on individuals who were booked at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center or by the City of North Myrtle Beach, Horry County cannot validate the accuracy of the information and is not responsible for any inaccuracies that may be posted.
information displayed is updated daily at: 6:00 am,
12:00 noon & 8:00 pm

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2014, 04:55:17 PM »

https://twitter.com/horrysheriff

Horry County Sheriff ‏@horrysheriff 11m

Sidney and Tammy Moorer were both charged with Kidnapping today in connection with the disappearance of Heather Elvis.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2014, 08:14:36 PM »

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/23/4050853/more-charges-filed-related-to.html

More charges filed related to Heather Elvis case

By Amanda Kelley

akelley@thesunnews.comFebruary 23, 2014 Updated 6 hours ago

SOCASTEE — Another charge was filed Sunday against a Socastee area couple related to the disappearance of Heather Elvis.

Tammy Lorinda Moorer, 41, and Sidney St. Clair Moorer, 38, are charged with kidnapping, obstruction of justice and two counts of indecent exposure. The kidnapping charges were added Sunday, a day after they were charged with obstruction and indecent exposure.

Arrest warrants released by Horry County police Sunday accuse the Moorers of exposing themselves in public between Dec. 17 and Dec. 18 at 1325 Celebrity Circle and in Conway at Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle.

Warrants further state that Sidney Moorer impeded or interfered with the investigation into Elvis’ disappearance by providing false, misleading or inaccurate information regarding Elvis’ disappearance and their activities in the early morning hours on Dec. 18, which caused the agency to divert resources.

The obstruction of justice warrant for Tammy Moorer is almost identical, but said she provided false information about her and her husband’s activities Dec. 18.

The warrants detailing the kidnapping charges were not available Sunday night.

Elvis, 20, was reported missing Dec. 19 when her car was found at the Peachtree Boat Landing. She hasn’t been seen since Dec. 17.

Elvis remains listed as a missing person, said Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Police and the Horry County Solicitor’s Office have released little information about specifics of the case.

“We know the public, the family, everyone wants to know what’s going on,” said Jimmy Richardson, Solicitor for the 15th Judicial Circuit. “We don’t want to injure the case. It would be a real travesty at this point if that occurred.”

Richardson said in most instances authorities are able to share more specific information, but said those cases are typically wrapped up. He called the investigation into Elvis’ whereabouts fluid.

Both Tammy and Sidney Moorer are expected to appear before a judge at the Government and Justice Center in Horry County Monday morning. The two are represented by separate attorneys, but Richardson said that is a common practice. Attorneys for the Moorers could not be reached Sunday.

Horry County police spent 11 hours at the Moorers home on Highway 814 Friday with the aid of federal and state authorities.

The search and seizure of property at the Moorers home “was executed in an attempt to identify potential evidence based on new information obtained through expert analysis of previously seized surveillance tapes in the area along with financial discrepancies filed with the state of South Carolina on behalf of the occupants of the residence,” according to a release issued by police Friday.

Kegler could not say what kind of expert viewed the surveillance footage or what was seen that prompted Friday’s search. He also would not say what was collected from the home.

Details about the financial discrepancies were not released.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/23/4050853/more-charges-filed-related-to.html#storylink=cpy

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2014, 09:24:26 PM »

Arrest warrants released by Horry County police Sunday accuse the Moorers of exposing themselves in public between Dec. 17 and Dec. 18 at 1325 Celebrity Circle and in Conway at Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle.

from above article, the Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle location is an industrial pk
1325 Celebrity Circle is a mall complex
http://goo.gl/maps/MHM1l

did you see the big wooded area near their house
http://goo.gl/maps/MElIN

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2014, 11:26:56 PM »

from above article, the Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle location is an industrial pk
1325 Celebrity Circle is a mall complex
http://goo.gl/maps/MHM1l

did you see the big wooded area near their house
http://goo.gl/maps/MElIN

Thanks cw618!  Yes, I've seen mention of those woods before and I know there have been searches along that road before.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2014, 12:15:46 PM »

Couple Charged With Murder, Kidnapping Of Heather Elvis
Posted: Feb 24, 2014 7:58 AM PST Updated: Feb 24, 2014 7:58 AM PST

COLUMBIA, S.C. -

Authorities have charged a Myrtle Beach couple with murder and kidnapping in the case of a missing 20-year-old woman whose body has not been found.

Horry County Police Chief Saundra Rhodes said Monday that 41-year-old Tammy Moorer and her 38-year-old husband Sidney face the charges in the death of Heather Elvis.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2014, 12:17:56 PM »

Couple Charged With Murder, Kidnapping Of Heather Elvis
Posted: Feb 24, 2014 7:58 AM PST Updated: Feb 24, 2014 7:58 AM PST

COLUMBIA, S.C. -

Authorities have charged a Myrtle Beach couple with murder and kidnapping in the case of a missing 20-year-old woman whose body has not been found.

Horry County Police Chief Saundra Rhodes said Monday that 41-year-old Tammy Moorer and her 38-year-old husband Sidney face the charges in the death of Heather Elvis.

Oops! Forgot the link.

http://www.wspa.com/story/24805013/couple-charged-with-murder-kidnapping-of-heather-elvis

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2014, 02:47:21 PM »

MURDER - NO BAIL SET   
KIDNAPPING - Pre-Trial - NO BAIL SET   
INDECENT EXPOSURE - Pre-Trial - $5,000.00   (2 Charges)

MURDER - NO BAIL SET   
KIDNAPPING - Pre-Trial - NO BAIL SET   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2014, 02:55:16 PM »

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24804641/hcpd-couple-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-heather-elvis

Breaking
Warrants: Heather Elvis kidnapped, murdered at Peachtree Landing
Posted: Feb 24, 2014 9:19 AM CST Updated: Feb 24, 2014 1:44 PM CST
By WMBF News Staff - email

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – Murder charges were filed against Tammy and Sidney Moorer for the alleged murder of 20-year-old Heather Elvis, Horry County Police officials confirmed Monday morning.

According to newly-obtained arrest warrants for Tammy and Sidney Moorer, the HCPD states there is probable cause to believe that they kidnapped Heather Elvis and murdered her at Peachtree Boat Landing on December 18, 2013.

The warrants for the murder charges state that Tammy and Sidney Moorer "did unlawfully, without just or sufficient cause, murder Heather Elvis with malice forethought." The kidnapping warrants state that the couple "did unlawfully seize, confine, kidnap, abduct or carry away Heather Elvis by any means whatsoever without the authority of the law."

View the complete HCPD arrest warrants here: http://bit.ly/Nsb72k (Note: this is a 6-megabyte PDF file)

The murder charge was announced at a news conference Monday morning, and comes in addition to the kidnapping, obstruction of justice, and indecent exposure charges against the couple arrested Friday. Authorities confirmed in a news release that both Moorers are accused of murdering 20-year-old Heather Elvis.

View the complete HCPD news release here: http://bit.ly/1fxRkcu

Horry County Police Chief Saundra Rhodes said police located evidence inside the Moorers' home and on their property during the search Friday that gave them probable cause for the murder charge.

"We have not located Heather," Chief Rhodes said. "That is something that we are still looking for."

Chief Rhodes said the investigation is still ongoing, but evidence located on the property led to the charge of murder.

A bond hearing for the murder charges is scheduled the week of March 17, 2014.

Elvis was last seen on December 17, 2013 and was reported missing shortly after. Her car was found abandoned at Peachtree Landing days later. After her car was found, an investigation was initiated by detectives with the Horry County Police Department's Major Crimes Unit, HCPD officials stated. A short time later, a task force consisting of officers from the Horry County Police Department, Horry County Sheriff's Office, State Law Enforcement Division, Myrtle Beach Police Department, the 15th Circuit Solicitor's Office, U.S. Marshal Task Force, and the Drug Enforcement Unit was created to investigate the case.

The case has since gained local, state and national media exposure, a Facebook account that has attracted more than 45,000 followers, and a reward for information that has grown to $30,000.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2014, 03:00:22 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis/posts/247865528719510

Findheatherelvis
3 hours ago

Please join us...

As a community we are all flooded with emotions today as these charges against the Moorers are being released. During times like these many of us do not know what to do or how to feel so we are having a pray vigil tonight at Peachtree Landing at 6:15 PM. Please come and join us and show the Elvis family that we as a community are praying for them during these difficult times and we and always will be united by Heather. As this has been put together today please bring a candle to light tonight in honor of our beautiful Heather as well. Please share this and get the word out to the community and we hope who ever feels the need to gather and pray will come out tonight.

Elvis family we love you and are praying for you during this difficult time!

April and Matt

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2014, 03:11:50 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/PhotosMyztic/photos/t.798489405/152912498080579/?type=3&theater

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »

Sad, not unexpected but still very sad.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2014, 05:27:24 PM »

It is very sad. Another young life taken.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2014, 05:34:21 PM »

It is very sad. Another young life taken.

Yes, very sad.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.