March 28, 2024, 06:51:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 Year Old Heather Elvis Missing Since 12/17/13 in Myrtle Beach, SC (2 convictions/kidnapping) no body  (Read 130914 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 04:15:06 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/24478865/heather-elvis-case-one-month-old
Friday marks one month since Heather Elvis went missing
January 17, 2014

CAROLINA FOREST, SC (WMBF) - There have been several searches, temporary tip centers have been set up, and signs have been posted all over the area for the past few weeks. Now that Friday marks one month since 20-year-old Heather Elvis was last seen, WMBF News is looking for answers from a law enforcement expert on where her missing person case could stand now.

Since local authorities aren't releasing too many details, WMBF News reached out to John Comparetto, a former detective who has been dealing with missing person cases for more than two decades. Comparetto has been following Heather Elvis' disappearance, and he says the community's focus is helping.

"The more media, the more attention, the longer we keep this going, the better chance of finding her," explained Comparetto.

It also increases the chance that someone might know what happened. Police say there has been a steady stream of tips coming in for the past 30 days, and it's a big part of the investigation.

"Your police departments down here are getting a lot more phone calls," said Comparetto. "And it means they have to look into every one of those phone calls and every one of those tips. But it's a good thing."

Although volunteers have been filing in to help the search efforts, many have been wondering why there just aren't many public details to go off of. Comparetto says it's all for a good reason.

"There could be some other items that really aren't for public knowledge right now that would hurt the case and slow down the investigation."

Now that one month has passed since Elvis was last seen, he says everyone knows what's at stake.

"It does get a little more difficult. But I can tell you, there isn't a police officer in South Carolina or anywhere in the country that would not give anything to give that phone call that we found Heather," said Comparetto.

At this point, he recommends the best thing to do is to keep flyers posted and to share Elvis' information online. All tips and information should be called in to 843-915-TIPS.

Followers on the Facebook page signed petitions and sent emails to Governor Haley. While on the Grand Strand Friday, Haley says she plans meet with the Elvis family. "This family raised some concern and needed extra attention, so we did finally get to talk to them and put their concerns to rest."

SLED keeps her updated on the investigation she says, and will step in when they ask her to. "We rely on the police departments. If they tell us they need something, we do it," Haley added.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 04:16:56 PM »

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24503682/fundraisers-this-week-for-heather-elvis
Fundraiser, prayer vigil for Heather Elvis
January 21, 2014

Wednesday, a spaghetti dinner fundraiser will be held at Anderson Oaks Assistant Living located at 997 Highway 90 in Conway. Tickets can be purchased ahead of time or at the event.

The spaghetti dinner will take place from noon until 2 p.m. Wednesday, and anyone who purchases five or more plates has the option for the food to be delivered.

On Thursday, the Cypress Camping Resort in Socastee, behind Socastee High School, is holding a prayer vigil for the Elvis family at 6 p.m. Anyone is welcome to attend. For more information, call the campground at 843-293-0300, or visit their website www.cypresscampingresort.com/map.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 04:19:53 PM »

http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/20/3218129/reward-for-missing-heather-elvis.html
Reward for missing Heather Elvis raised; father suggests bounty
January 20, 2014

MYRTLE BEACH — The reward for information about Heather Elvis was increased Monday to $30,000, according to a posting on the Facebook page FindHeatherElvis.

The reward had previously been $25,000, but in the posting Elvis’ father, Terry Elvis, said, “I have added more of my own funding to bring the reward up to $30.000.00, someone knows something, at some point soon I am may have to switch this from reward to Bounty for those who may be proven responsible, if you know something the time to step up is now. My family has suffered long enough and answers are needed.”

Elvis was last seen about 2:30 a.m. Dec. 17. In a report filed late Dec. 19, a police officer on patrol saw the 20-year-old’s vehicle parked at Peachtree boat landing and called her father, who is the owner, to inquire why it was parked there.

Her father said he last heard from Elvis about 10:43 p.m. Dec. 17 when she sent him a text message.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 04:26:36 PM »

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html
Police records discuss phone calls between Heather Elvis, older man as late as 6 a.m. December 18
January 20, 2014

Horry County police records are focusing on telephone activity that occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18 between Heather Elvis’ cell phone and a man with whom she had a relationship history, according to documents obtained by the Carolina Forest Chronicle.
The phone activity occurred about four hours after Elvis’ last known whereabouts on Dec. 18, and the man identified in the report was nearly twice her age, documents show.
Elvis’ roommate, the police report said, told officers that Elvis “seemed like she was crying and upset” after Elvis reported a conversation with that man.
Police are also reviewing reports about another man who may have been a coworker of Elvis.
A police report describes the possible coworker as “possibly being abusive” and “possibly violent.”
Horry County police spokesman Lt. Robert Kegler said both men identified in the report as being connected to Elvis have been interviewed.

The Carolina Forest Chronicle has not identified the other persons in the report by name because no criminal charges have been filed. No suspects or persons of interest have been identified, Kegler said.
The last person to see Heather Elvis was 21-year-old Steve Shiraldi of Murrells Inlet. Shiraldi said in police records and in a telephone interview that he drove Elvis home and dropped her off sometime between 2 and 2:30 a.m.
Kegler said Shiraldi has been cleared of any involvement in Elvis’ disappearance.
“The case is difficult for anybody to talk about, but it [the investigation] is very active at the same time,” Kegler said.
Friday marked 30 days since Elvis was last seen.
Elvis, 20, disappeared sometime after Shiraldi dropped her off at her River Oaks apartment when their date concluded in the early morning hours of Dec. 18.
Her vehicle was found abandoned on Dec. 19 at the Peachtree boat landing in Socastee, about eight miles from her apartment, a police report said.
More than a month later, police records, witnesses and social media posts are filling in some blanks tied to Elvis’ whereabouts the night she disappeared.

t’s been widely reported in police records and media accounts that Elvis left for a date at about 7 p.m. Dec. 17, and that she returned to her River Oaks Drive apartment sometime between 2 and 2:30 a.m.
It’s also been widely reported that Elvis text messaged a photo of herself to her father at 10:43 p.m. that showed her learning to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
Elvis’ roommate, identified in a police report as Brianna Warrelmann, received a phone call from Elvis at about 1:44 a.m. Dec. 18, police records state.
According to the report, the roommate said the victim “seemed like she was crying and upset” due to receiving a call from a man the report says was nearly twice her age.
The report also said the victim previously had a relationship with the man, and that he said he left his wife and wanted to be with the victim.
Warrelmann declined to discuss the nature of the phone call when contacted by the Chronicle.

Warrelmann, who was in Florida for Christmas break when Elvis disappeared, did say she spoke to Elvis about her date with Shiraldi.
She said that conversation occurred at about 2 a.m. Dec. 18.
Shiraldi said he doesn’t recall Elvis speaking with anyone via cell phone during their date other than her father, Terry Elvis, and Warrelmann.
“I don’t remember her receiving any calls unless someone called her and she just silenced it,” Shiraldi said. “I know she didn’t answer any phone calls.”
Shiraldi said he’s known Elvis for years because they both attended St. James High School – he graduated a year before Elvis – but they didn’t speak much until they started communicating on social media a few weeks before their first date.
While Shiraldi and Elvis were on their date, she was in a good mood, he recalls.
Elvis was excited about learning to drive a standard transmission and also proud that she’d just landed a new cosmetology job.
Shiraldi has no recollection of her crying or becoming upset. He said he “definitely” dropped Elvis off after 2 a.m. Dec. 18.
“When I got back in Murrells Inlet, it was about 3 a.m.,” he said. “I couldn’t imagine her going back out because she was tired. It doesn’t really add up.”
More communications
Horry County police are following up on leads concerning phone activity between Elvis’ phone and the man who’s nearly twice her age, police records show.
A police report says Elvis’ father contacted T-Mobile, his cellular provider, which the report says provided him with a call history for the victim’s phone.
According to the report, the last phone calls were at about 6 a.m. Dec. 18, about four hours after Elvis and Shiraldi ended their date.
The calls were back and forth between the victim and the older man, the report said.
The older man told police he hasn’t seen the victim since October, and then admitted to speaking with Heather Elvis the previous night, the report continued.
He further told police, the report said, that he “called her to tell her to quit calling him and that was it.”
The victim’s father also expressed concern to police about another man and possible coworker of Elvis “due to him possibly being abusive,” the report said.
According to the report, the victim’s father reported that the second man who was a possible coworker stated, “if she hides, he will find her.”
Ten posts were also made to Heather Elvis’ Tumblr page on Dec. 18, the night she disappeared, but the identity of who made the posts was unclear.
Tumblr is a microblogging and social networking website that allows users to post multimedia and other content in a blog format.
The 10 posts were time stamped between 1:53 a.m. and 2:09 a.m. Dec. 18, according to information on the site. Entries mainly consisted of various works of art and poetry.
The last visible activity to her Facebook page was on Dec. 13 when the site said her Facebook profile picture was changed. The last tweet that’s viewable on Twitter was dated Nov. 29.

Photos at link.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 01:15:57 AM »

Thanks for all the updates, MuffyBee!

I was particularly glad to see that last article, because it brings out what I've been reading a lot about...there's more out there...and it's not pretty to say the least.  I've been hesitant to post a lot of what I've seen and read.  There's a lot of drama going on in social media around some information that has been coming out.  Honestly I've been trying to absorb it all and think it through because my first impressions are not good about what may have happened here.  Scary, imo.

I've been looking for hope, but I'm really afraid this is not going to end well.   

I'd wondered about the hospital visit in the police report, but saw this note tonight.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=image&photo=2

Heather_Elvis_Police_Report

Editor's Note: Horry County police have since said the person who was checked in at Conway Medical Center, according to the narrative, is a different Heather Elvis from the Heather Elvis who is missing.

More of the police report here, the older man's name is in the report:

http://freepdfhosting.com/2e998b0310.pdf

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 09:08:17 AM »

Thanks for all the updates, MuffyBee!

I was particularly glad to see that last article, because it brings out what I've been reading a lot about...there's more out there...and it's not pretty to say the least.  I've been hesitant to post a lot of what I've seen and read.  There's a lot of drama going on in social media around some information that has been coming out.  Honestly I've been trying to absorb it all and think it through because my first impressions are not good about what may have happened here.  Scary, imo.

I've been looking for hope, but I'm really afraid this is not going to end well.   

I'd wondered about the hospital visit in the police report, but saw this note tonight.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=image&photo=2

Heather_Elvis_Police_Report

Editor's Note: Horry County police have since said the person who was checked in at Conway Medical Center, according to the narrative, is a different Heather Elvis from the Heather Elvis who is missing.

More of the police report here, the older man's name is in the report:

http://freepdfhosting.com/2e998b0310.pdf

I agree texasmom -- I don't think this will end well.  Prayers for her and her loved ones.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 10:06:20 PM »

Video

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/01/22/heather-elvis-missing-woman-search

Heather Elvis' dad tells of living nightmare
By Travis Nichols
updated 10:19 AM EST, Thu January 23, 2014
Comments 2

NEED TO KNOW

Heather Elvis disappeared in South Carolina in December
    Her car was found abandoned at a boat ramp
    Her dad talked with HLN News Now about his daughter and the search

Her dad, Terry Elvis, recently wrote a heart-wrenching letter about the search.

He talked with HLN about what his family is going through, and said it's still difficult for him to sleep because he's thinking about his daughter. Elvis described her as "everything you could want in a daughter."

He also says he fears that someone who knew her, or one of her friends, may have "betrayed" her. Her dad says the place the car was found is somewhere she would not go alone in the middle of the night, but the boat ramp is a place where kids would hangout.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 10:06:39 PM »

Photo gallery

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/01/23/3977753/vigil-for-heather-elvis.html

Vigil for Heather Elvis

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 10:11:36 PM »

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/01/23/3977807/socastee-family-hopes-vigil-sparks.html

Socastee family hopes vigil sparks tips about missing daughter

By Amanda Kelley

akelley@thesunnews.comJanuary 23, 2014 Updated 33 minutes ago

SOCASTEE — Debbi Elvis said Thursday night that prayer is the only thing helping her get through each day that passes without any information about her daughter’s location.

Heather Elvis has been missing more than a month, and Debbi Elvis said it isn’t getting easier with time.

“It’s not getting easier it’s harder,” she said. “When a crisis happens, once it’s done and it’s over you deal with it. You cope with it. You accept it. Time heals. This just keeps getting worse and worse and worse.

“There’s nothing to accept. There’s nothing to do but hang onto that hope and pray for her.

The Elvis family was surrounded by about 100 people Thursday night under heated lamps at Cypress Campground Resort near Socastee High School on the Intracoastal Waterway for a candlelight vigil.

A slideshow projected on a screen played pictures of Heather through the years and the family lit and released paper lanterns into the night’s sky.

Cathy Luke attended Thursday’s vigil and said her daughter went to school with Heather Elvis’s sister Morgan.

“I know how I would feel if my daughter was missing,” she said. “I would want people who are total strangers to come out and help me look for her. It breaks my heart every time I think about them and what they are going through.”

Luke said she carries fliers and passes them out everywhere she goes.

Debbi Elvis said she hopes things like the vigil can help bring her daughter home and that she hasn’t lost hope for Heather Elvis’ safe return.

Horry County police said they continue to receive tips about Elvis and investigate each one, but no new information about her whereabouts are available.

“There are still tips we’re waiting to come in,” Debbi Elvis said. “There’s still information we don’t have from people that might have been with or her seen her even two weeks prior to her missing waiting for the tip that is going to break this case.”

Debbi Elvis described her daughter as a loving, artistic and creative girl.

Morgan Elvis said she hopes people can remember her sister is a person and save judgments on her character because pictures don’t paint the complete picture of her sister.

“At the end of the day Heather’s a person,” she said. “She’s a girl, she’s a sister, maybe some day she’ll be a mom and she’ll have a daughter.”

Morgan Elvis said the way her sister dressed for work or her past actions shouldn’t matter.

Since her disappearance, rumors have swirled about Heather Elvis with a few people posting comments that question her character on the Find Heather Elvis Facebook page maintained by family and close friends.

“In a situation like this all of your faults come out and she’s not that person,” she said. “The good is always buried under rumors that make headlines.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 10:19:29 PM »

Lengthy article by Heather's dad

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

It Happened To Me

My Daughter Heather Elvis Disappeared After a First Date 30 Days Ago, and I Will Not Stop Looking For Her

I am living in a nightmare. I am praying that I can soon wake up to the words, "We found your daughter. She is safe."

Terry Elvis

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:30pm

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 12:35:18 AM »

Video clip

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3032600/vp/54206699#54206699

Dateline

Missing in America: Heather Elvis

Heather Elvis is missing. Her friends and family are desperate for any leads to her whereabouts.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 12:58:57 AM »

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24565490/2-charged-with-interferring-in-case-of-heather-elvis

2 charged with interfering in case of Heather Elvis, Horry County Police say
Posted: Jan 28, 2014 2:44 PM CST Updated: Jan 28, 2014 7:14 PM CST
By WBTW News Staff

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -

William Christopher Barrett, age 52, and Garrett Ryan Starnes, age 25, both of Myrtle Beach, are facing charges of obstructing justice.

"During the course of the investigation, suspect (William) Barrett began posting misleading information on a social media site regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis, which created a community reaction that diverted investigating officers," police said.

It was also discovered that in an effort to conduct a separate investigation from law enforcement, he began questioning a witness in an attempt to gain confidential information about the law enforcement investigation, police said.

In addition, he conducted an independent search, where potential evidence was uncovered and did not immediately report it to law enforcement, police said.

"Also during the investigation, (Garrett) Starnes fabricated misleading information regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis and then relayed the false information to law enforcement," police said.

This information was then posted to a social media site, causing investigating officers to obtain legal process regarding the information which diverted them from legitimate leads, police said.

Garrett Ryan Starnes (left) and William Christopher Barrett. (Photos from J. Reuben Long Detention Center)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 05:37:26 PM »

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9e6c8c96-8cec-11e3-ab97-001a4bcf6878.html

Four harassment complaints filed since Heather Elvis reported missing

Man charged in obstructing justice report previously listed as a suspect in harassment complaint, records show

Posted: Monday, February 3, 2014 3:30 pm | Updated: 3:16 pm, Tue Feb 4, 2014.

By Michael Smith michael.smith@myhorrynews.com | 0 comments

Tensions are running high as the search continues for Heather Elvis, who disappeared some time on Dec. 18.

In addition to charging two men with obstructing justice in connection with the missing person’s case, Horry County police have fielded at least four harassment complaints from the home of a man who police records state had a relationship history with Elvis.

In each of the harassment complaints, residents of the man’s Horry County home reported that they’ve been harassed on social media or in person near their property. No arrests have been made in connection with any of the harassment complaints.

Two people, however, were charged last week after Horry County police said in a fifth incident report and accompanying arrest warrants that the suspects interfered with the Elvis investigation.

William Christopher Barrett, 52, and Garrett Ryan Starnes, 25, both of the Myrtle Beach area, were both charged Jan. 28 with obstructing justice, according to warrants.

A police report filed Jan. 28 states the suspects interfered with the case involving Elvis’ disappearance by posting misleading information to social media or law enforcement directly.

In both instances, their actions “diverted” investigating officers from pursuing legitimate leads, police records state.

Barrett and Starnes were booked at J. Reuben Long Detention Center, and have since been released on $2,500 bond, according to jail records. Barrett and Starnes are not charged in Elvis' disappearance, said police spokesman Lt. Robert Kegler.

Starnes is also listed as a suspect in a harassment complaint filed 11 days before the Jan. 28 obstruction of justice report, one of four such complaints filed from the household of Sidney Moorer.

Moorer, 38, is the man previously identified in police records as having a relationship history with Heather Elvis, according to police records obtained by the Carolina Forest Chronicle.

According to a Jan. 17 police report, police discuss two posts the report says Starnes posted to Facebook.

“The police are watching, but its [sic] time to start doing your job and make someone talk,” one of the posts reads, according to the report. “If the police dont [sic] do it first the citizens will.”

Two other suspects are identified in the Jan. 17 report.

A complainant speaking on Moorer’s behalf said in the report that a woman posted a comment to social media stating she would assist in “stalking” Moorer’s residence.

Police observed a post from a second woman that also worried the complainant, who according to the report, told officers that Moorer and his family are scared for their safety.

Three other reports have been filed by the Moorer household since Dec. 22, and Moorer is identified as the victim in two of them.

Efforts to reach Moorer have been unsuccessful.

Terry Elvis, father of Heather Elvis, is mentioned in three of the reports – twice as an “other entity” and once as a “suspect.”

In one report, a witness said Terry Elvis photographed the Moorer home and made threats.

The report also states he placed missing persons posters on a sign indicating a nearby driveway is private.

Two other reports said Elvis has been driving by Moorer’s house on several occasions. Elvis couldn’t be reached for comment either.

Heather Elvis, 20, of White River Drive in Carolina Forest, was last seen some time between 2 and 2:30 a.m. Dec. 18 after returning home from a date with Steve Shiraldi of Murrells Inlet, according to a police report filed Dec. 19.

Kegler, the spokesman for county police, said Shiraldi has been cleared of any involvement in Elvis’ disappearance.

No suspects or persons of interest have been identified in connection with Elvis’ disappearance, Kegler said.

The missing persons report filed Dec. 19 referenced cell phone records that showed activity between Heather Elvis and Moorer as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18.

Elvis’ roommate, Brianna Warrelmann, told police she received a call from Elvis at 1:44 a.m., earlier that morning, according to the report.

In that call, the report said Elvis “seemed like she was crying and upset” due to receiving a call from Moorer. It also said Elvis had a relationship with Moorer, and that Moorer said he left his wife and wanted to be with the victim.

Moorer, according to the report, told police he hasn’t seen Elvis since October.

He admitted to speaking to Elvis on the phone Dec. 18, the morning she disappeared, saying he “called her to tell her to quit calling him and that was it,” the report states.

Obstructing justice charges

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2014, 06:13:18 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/07/mystery-surrounds-disappearance-20-year-old-south-carolina-woman-heather-elvis/
Mystery surrounds disappearance of 20-year-old South Carolina woman Heather Elvis
February 7, 2014

A task force of more than 15 local, state and federal investigators is ramping up the investigation into a missing 20-year-old South Carolina woman whose car was found abandoned on a boat landing nearly two months ago.

Heather Elvis, of Myrtle Beach, S.C., was last heard from in the early morning hours of Dec. 18, after the young woman went on a date. Elvis' 2001 Dodge Intrepid was discovered the next day on the Peachtree Boat Landing in Socastee, Horry County.

Authorities have issued 15 search warrants in the case and administered polygraph tests, but have not yet named a suspect, according to local press reports.

Investigators said Elvis was driven home by her date to the apartment she shared with another woman in River Oaks some time before 2 a.m. on Dec. 18. The young man with whom Elvis met for the date has been ruled out as a suspect, a source close to the investigation told FoxNews.com. Authorities believe that at some point later, Elvis drove herself to the boat landing, though the reason remains unknown.
Horry County investigators confirmed to MyHorryNews.com that cell phone records show Elvis communicated with a man, whom the website identifies as 38-year-old Sidney Moorer, as late as 6 a.m. on Dec. 18. Police records obtained by the website state that Elvis had a relationship history with Moorer, of Horry County.

The website also reports that Elvis' roommate, Brianna Warrelmann, received a distressing phone call from Elvis at 1:44 a.m. Dec. 18. Warrelman told authorities that Elvis "seemed like she was crying and upset" after receiving a phone call from Moorer, according to the website.

Moorer, who has not been named a suspect, told police that he had not seen Elvis since October, the police report states. Moorer later told authorities that he spoke to Elvis the night before she disappeared, MyHorryNews.com reports -- a conversation during which Moorer claims he told Elvis to, "quit calling him."

Elvis' father, Terry, said in a previous interview that he suspects foul play, calling his daughter's disappearance, "way out of character."

A task force of about 15 investigators has been assigned to the case, including two Myrtle Beach police detectives and individual investigators from the U.S. Marshall's Office and FBI.

Authorities as well as more than 300 volunteers have scoured heavily wooded areas surrounding the boat landing for any sign of Elvis since her Dec. 18 disappearance. One of the searches led to the discover of adult human remains, but authorities said they had been for "some time" and belong to a man.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 10:48:40 AM »

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/07/4008899/police-investigate-threat-made.html
Police investigate threat made to father of missing Myrtle Beach woman, Heather Elvis
February 7, 2015

Myrtle Beach police are looking for two men who apparently shouted a threat toward the father of Heather Elvis, a Myrtle Beach area woman missing since December, said Capt. David Knipes.

Terry Elvis told police he exited the rear of his sign shop in the Market Common shopping district on Feb. 4 and saw a jeep – raised “significantly” above its normal height – with two men inside. The passenger yelled, “We already have Heather, Morgan is next,” according to an incident report.

Elvis went on a date the last night she was seen in December, but her date is not considered a suspect, Kegler said.

A former boyfriend who, according to a police report, is “possibly violent”, and another man are listed in the police report, but police have not released further details about them citing the ongoing investigation.

Police have collected records of phone calls to and from Heather Elvis and other documents during the investigation, but have not released any such information to the public.

Horry County police last week charged two men with obstructing justice for reportedly posting misleading information about the case on Facebook.

William Christopher Barrett, 52, and Garrett Ryan Starnes, 25, were arrested Jan. 28 and released on $2,500 bond Jan. 29, jail records show.

Police said Barrett began posting misleading information on Facebook about Heather Elvis’ disappearance and “created a community reaction that diverted investigating officers,” a release stated

According to Barrett’s Facebook page, he posted more than two dozen status updates about Elvis.

Elvis last week said he does not know Starnes, but said Barrett has been a friend of his for five years and said he thought his intentions were good.

Police accused Barrett of questioning potential witnesses “in an attempt to gain confidential information about the law enforcement investigation,” a press release said.

Starnes is accused of fabricating misleading information regarding the disappearance of Elvis, relaying it to police, posting it to a social media site and ultimately diverting authorities “from legitimate leads.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2014, 10:52:16 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/article/heather-elvis-investigation-ramping-up-is-an-arrest-imminent
Heather Elvis investigation ramping up: Is an arrest imminent?
February 9, 2014

Horry County Police Chief Saundra Rhodes said Thursday, according to MyHorryNews.com, that the investigation remains "very active." Still, police lack probable cause to make an arrest, she said.

Rhodes revealed during a press conference that a 15-person task force was assigned to the Heather Elvis investigation. The task force consists of two Myrtle Beach police detectives, two Horry County sheriff's office deputies, a solicitor's office investigator, a State Law Enforcement Division profiler, and individual investigators from the U.S. Marshall's Office and the FBI.

Without getting into specifics, Rhodes told reporters that some search warrants were issued for Elvis' social media accounts, where they were able to gain access to the young woman's personal messages. Search warrants to search private residences and properties have also been issued. Again, Rhodes refused to give details.

It was noted that police haven't totally ruled out the possibility that Heather Elvis was a runaway, although given what was known about her and her circumstances (a hostess at a local restaurant, close family ties, and a licensed cosmetologist), that scenario is considered unlikely.

They do believe that she drove herself down to Peachtree Landing in Socastee, a few miles from her apartment where she was dropped off after a dinner date around 2 a.m. It was there that an Horry County officer found her abandoned vehicle. Terry Elvis, her father, identified the car Dec. 19 and he immediately filed a missing person report.

Police discovered that after being dropped off at her apartment, Heather Elvis had spoken to her roommate (who was out of town) by phone. According to a police report, the roommate said she had seemed upset. However, the date, an old high school acquaintance named Steve Shiraldi, said she'd been in a good mood when he left her.

By searching her phone records, police were able to ascertain that Elvis had been in contact with 38-year-old Sidney Moorer, a 38-year-old Horry County man with whom police records indicate she had a relationship history. Moorer at first denied having spoken with Elvis since October but would later tell authorities that he had called her to tell her to stop trying to contact him.

Shiraldi has been ruled out as a possible suspect in the case, police confirmed.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2014, 10:54:44 AM »

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24691440/tonight-at-6-exclusive-new-details-in-the-heather-elvis-disappearance
TONIGHT AT 6 - Exclusive new details in the Heather Elvis disappearance
February 11, 2014

Heather's father, Terry Elvis, has been at the center of a massive search effort both on foot and on social media.  However, those efforts have not always gotten the blessing of the Horry County Police detectives investigating the case.

WMBF News' David Klugh spoke exclusively with one of the men arrested by detectives who claim he was interfering with the investigation.  Bill Barrett is one of Terry Elvis' closest friends.  He'll tell you all he was doing was what any friend would do for a father who's hurting.

Tonight at 6, you'll hear from many of those involved in the Heather Elvis case who have never spoken out until now, including the man many are convinced knows what happened to her.  See that entire investigation tonight on WMBF News at 6 p.m.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2014, 10:15:50 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/21/2-in-custody-in-connection-with-disappearance-missing-south-carolina-woman/?intcmp=latestnews

2 in custody in connection with disappearance of missing South Carolina woman Heather Elvis

By Cristina Corbin
Published February 21, 2014
FoxNews.com

DEVELOPING: Two people are in custody in connection with the disappearance of 20-year-old South Carolina woman Heather Elvis, Horry County Police officials confirmed to FoxNews.com.

Elvis, of Myrtle Beach, S.C., was last heard from in the early morning hours of Dec. 18, after the young woman went on a date. Her 2001 Dodge Intrepid was found abandoned the next day on the Peachtree Boat Landing in Socastee, Horry County.

Several law enforcement agencies, including the U.S. Marshall's Office, descended early Friday on a Myrtle Beach residence, where a search warrant was served.

"The search warrant was executed in an attempt to identify potential evidence based on new information obtained through expert analysis of previously seized surveillance tapes in the area along with financial discrepancies filed with the State of South Carolina on behalf of the occupants of the residence," the Horry County Police Department said in a statement.

The names of the two individuals taken into custody were not released.

Address records show that 37-year-old Sidney Moorer lives at the residence being searched, though it is not known whether he was taken into custody. Cell phone records show Elvis communicated with Moorer as late as 6 a.m. on Dec. 18. Police records also state that Elvis had a relationship history with Moorer.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2014, 10:19:05 AM »

His Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/2DisneyKidsInLove4ever?fref=browse_search

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:44:09 AM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2014, 11:42:28 AM »

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24785283/two-people-in-custody-in-the-heather-elvis-case

Husband, wife in custody in the Heather Elvis case

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 5:37 AM PST Updated: Feb 21, 2014 8:38 AM PST
By Eric Walters - email

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) - Two people are in custody in the Heather Elvis case.

According to Lt. Robert Kegler of the Horry County Police Department, a search warrant was executed at 8786 Highway 814 , just off Highway 544 Friday morning.

Kegler said the search warrant was executed to obtain evidence based on new information gathered through expert analysis of previously seized surveillance tapes in the area along with financial discrepancies filed.

Sydney Moorer, 37, lives at that address with his wife Tammy Moorer and are both in custody, Kegler said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.