March 28, 2024, 01:27:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 Year Old Heather Elvis Missing Since 12/17/13 in Myrtle Beach, SC (2 convictions/kidnapping) no body  (Read 130920 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2015, 12:58:27 AM »

wow i about fell off my chair, only a 100k each bail, Tammy has made bail
i only see bad things while these two are out

Teen's 'killers threaten her grieving family from jail': Judge ignores parents claims they are being harassed and release suspect couple on $100,000 bond
PUBLISHED: 22:59 EST, 30 January 2015 | UPDATED: 08:20 EST, 31 January 2015

A South Carolina couple facing murder charges for allegedly killing the husband's former 20-year-old mistress were each granted a $100,000 bond Friday after spending nearly a year in jail.
Tammy Moorer, 42, and her husband, 38-year-old Sidney Moorer, are accused of killing Heather Elvis, even though her body has never been found after her disappearance in December 2013.
The Moorers’ defense attorneys asked for another hearing because they said their investigation showed prosecutors didn't have as much evidence as they initially claimed.
Scroll down for video

Circuit Judge Markley Dennis decided to grant bond after stating that under the law they were innocent.
The judge also required the couple to wear GPS monitors and ordered them to stay at least 5 miles away from the home of the victim's parents. Both the suspects' families and the victims' families reported they have been repeatedly harassed and threatened on Facebook.
Tammy and Sidney Moorer are currently scheduled to stand trial in May.

The couple were transported back to jail after the bond hearing. Mrs Moorer had posted bond by Friday afternoon and was videotaped by WMBF leaving the detention facility at around 6pm.
Her husband remained behind bars because the paperwork required for his release had not been filed, according to ABC News 4.
A gag order has been issued in the case, leading to plenty of speculation, but not much information. Attorneys for the Moorers used the bond hearing to publicly attack the prosecution's case.

more

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2934044/Heather-Elvis-killers-threatening-grieving-family-jail-Judge-ignores-pleas-heartbroken-parents-releases-suspect-couple-100-000-bond.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2015, 04:11:59 PM »

http://www.wach.com/news/story.aspx?id=1158018

Man charged with murder of Heather Elvis released from jail
by WACH Fox News Center
Posted: 02.02.2015 at 3:14 PM

CHARLESTON, SC (WPDE) - Sidney Moorer, the man charged with the murder of Heather Elvis, has been released from the J. Reuben Long Detention Center after being granted bond on Friday.

Moorer walked out of the detention center shortly after 2 p.m. Monday afternoon.

Moorer and his wife Tammy Moore are charged with the murder of Heather Elvis, who has been missing since December 2013.

On Friday around noon, Judge R. Markley Dennis set bond for the Moorers at $100,000 each on charges related to Elvis' disapperance.

Around 6 p.m. Friday, Tammy Moorer posted bond and was released from the detention center.

She visited Sidney Moorer in jail Saturday afternoon for about 30 minutes.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2015, 04:19:22 PM »

http://www.islandpacket.com/2015/02/02/3570745/opposing-attorneys-in-heather.html

Opposing attorneys in Heather Elvis murder trial confident of their cases
BY TONYA ROOT

troot@thesunnews.com February 2, 2015

A circuit court judge set bond at $100,000 each for the couple, ordered that they must be GPS monitored, and stay five miles away from the home of Heather Elvis’ parents while free on bail.

Tammy Moorer, 42, was released on bail by 5:45 p.m. Friday. Her husband, 39-year-old Sidney Moorer was released about 2 p.m. Monday, according to jail authorities.

Friday’s hearing was the third bond request for Tammy Moorer and the second for Sidney Moorer.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2015, 05:07:58 PM »

December 16, 2015

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/remove-markley-dennis/

883 signatures Goal: 5,000

Remove Markley Dennis

We the family of Heather R. Elvis, the people of Horry County, The State of South Carolina and beyond our borders do seek to allow justice to be served in an unprejudicial manner. In order to accomplish this task, we seek to have Judge Rupert Markley Dennis Jr. recuse himself and allow the South Carolina Supreme Court to appoint a judge who will correct the following issues and see that justice is done fairly and that the appearance of any impropriety is removed from the courts in this case.

First, ever since judge Markley has been over this case ( it was originally under the rule of then honorable Administrative Judge Johns ) we the family have been made to travel to Charleston South Carolina for each hearing and motion which forces us to close our business, uproot our lives and family and travel around 3 hours round trip not to mention the time spent in court. It is a hardship that is supposed to be avoided for the families of violent crime yet is not even given a second thought with each hearing. Not only does our family have to make the trip and lose business and time but those friends and supporters are forced to make the trip. This is and has been a hardship on all of those who make the trip not to mention the tax payer funded travel expenses for the solicitors office and all of the staff needed to handle the court motions. If this judge does not want to travel to Horry County then please allow a local judge to preside over this case.

Secondly, we have been denied the constitutional right to speak at the last bond modification hearing. This right is given to us under the Constitution of South Carolina.

ARTICLE I
SECTION 24 Passed January 22, 1998 at 1:50 PM

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:

"Section 24. (A) To preserve and protect victims' rights to justice and due process regardless of race, sex, age, religion, or economic status, victims of crime have the right to:

(1) be treated with fairness, respect, and dignity, and to be free from intimidation, harassment, or abuse, throughout the criminal and juvenile justice process, and informed of the victim's constitutional rights, provided by statute;

(2) be reasonably informed when the accused or convicted person is arrested, released from custody, or has escaped;

(3) be informed of and present at any criminal proceedings which are dispositive of the charges where the defendant has the right to be present;

(4) be reasonably informed of and be allowed to submit either a written or oral statement at all hearings affecting bond or bail;

(5) be heard at any proceeding involving a post-arrest release decision, a plea, or sentencing;

(6) be reasonably protected from the accused or persons acting on his behalf throughout the criminal justice process;

(7) confer with the prosecution, after the crime against the victim has been charged, before the trial or before any disposition and informed of the disposition;

(8 ) have reasonable access after the conclusion of the criminal investigation to all documents relating to the crime against the victim before trial;

(9) receive prompt and full restitution from the person or persons convicted of the criminal conduct that caused the victim's loss or injury including both adult and juvenile offenders;

(10) be informed of any proceeding when any post-conviction action is being considered, and be present at any post-conviction hearing involving a post-conviction release decision;

(11) a reasonable disposition and prompt and final conclusion of the case;

(12) have all rules governing criminal procedure and the admissibility of evidence in all criminal proceedings protect victims' rights and have these rules subject to amendment or repeal by the legislature to ensure protection of these rights.

To Be Clear.

`Victim' means a person who suffers direct or threatened physical, psychological, or financial harm as the result of the commission or attempted commission of a crime against him. The term `victim' also includes the person's spouse, parent, child, or lawful representative of a crime victim who is deceased, who is a minor or who is incompetent or who was a homicide victim or who is physically or psychologically incapacitated.

Thirdly, a disturbing fact has been brought to our attention this week by the Horry County Solicitors office that causes our family to have a large amount to distrust in the ability of Judge Markley Dennis to be fair and impartial on this case. It has been revealed that Judge Markley Dennis was a schoolmate of the defendant's father ( Sidney Moorer ). They went to the same school in a much smaller town of Summerville South Carolina area. This causes us great concern as to a potential conflict in any proceedings in our daughter Heather's case, when heard before Judge Markley Dennis. Keep in mind that before Judge Dennis was assigned this case, the defendants were incarcerated without bail even though they tried to get bail before Judge Johns and failed.

According to the Sworn Statement to the Judicial Merit Selection Commission, Circuit Court Judge Rupert Markley Dennis Jr. then an incumbent judge stated the following to the commission.

QUOTED from paragraph (6)

"My philosophy on recusal is consistent with and specifically set forth in Canon 3(E). In those situations, I disclose the potential problems and ask the parties to consider out of my presence whether they wish me to recuse myself. If requested, recusal is always the correct approach. There are occasions,, however, where I may decline to recuse myself when it appears the party is simply trying to gain an advantage or possible further delay which would constitute a prejudice to the other side. In those situations nothing in the Canons would prevent me from hearing the matter."

Paragraph (7) QUESTION ASKED:

If you disclosed something that had the appearance of bias, but you believed it would not actually prejudice your impartiality, what deference would you give a party that requested your recusal?

ANSWER GIVEN:

As stated, I would in those situations, elect to recuse myself to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

{These answers were given and sworn to by Judge Rupert Markley Dennis Jr. on the 4th day of August 2014 and the Notary who signed the papers was Linda J. Droze}

To Summarize our concerns:

(A) The undoing of the first Judges ( Honorable Judge John ) denial of bond.

(B) Letting the accused travel out of state.

(C) Setting an order that they could work in boardering states to South Carolina.

(D) Allowed them to move to and seek employment in FLORIDA ( last time I looked we don't share a boarder with FLORIDA).

(E) Allowing the accused to break the gag order without punishment.

(F) Being denied our constitutional right to speak at the bond reconsideration hearing when it was clearly stated at the beginning of the hearing, is a violation of our rights.

(G) Not disclosing the fact that he Judge Markley Dennis knew, and attended school with the father of Sidney Moorer ( one of the defendants ) and grew up in the same small town area. This should have been addressed earlier on so as to decide if it was a problem BEFORE any rulings were made.

All of this taken as a whole is overwhelmingly prejudicial in our eyes and we hereby request that Judge Markey Dennis abide by his sworn statement to the Judicial Merit Commission and recuse himself from the case of our loving daughter Heather R. Elvis immediately.

Respectfully Submitted.

The Elvis Family, Friends and Concerned Citizens of South Carolina and those beyond its borders.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2016, 01:05:13 AM »

http://wbtw.com/2016/03/10/murder-charges-against-sidney-and-tammy-moorer-dropped-in-heather-elvis-case/

Murder charges against Sidney and Tammy Moorer dropped in Heather Elvis case
News-13-Facebook-profile
By Jo Brown
Published: March 10, 2016, 4:48 pm  Updated: March 10, 2016, 7:29 pm

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – The murder charges against Tammy and Sidney Moorer in the disappearance of Heather Elvis have been dropped, according to the Horry County Public Index.

The Horry County Index states that several charges previously filed against Tammy Moorer were dismissed as of Thursday afternoon. The specific charges that have been dismissed are murder, two counts of indecent exposure, and obstruction of justice.

In addition, charges previously filed against Sidney Moorer in connection with the disappearance and presumed death of Heather Elvis have also been dropped, according to the Horry County Index. The charges against Sidney Moorer that have been dropped are murder and two counts of indecent exposure.Elvis-Complete-Coverage

News13 contacted Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson for an explanation of why charges against the Moorers have been dropped, but he could not comment yet on the developments in the case.

Debbi Elvis, mother of missing woman Heather Elvis, says the family is not ready to speak publicly on murder charges against the Moorers being dropped as they are still receiving information from the solicitor’s office. She did say, however, that the family remains focused on Heather’s case and finding their daughter.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2016, 10:55:43 PM »

http://counton2.com/2016/06/20/jury-selection-begins-in-kidnapping-trial-for-heather-elvis/

Jury of 10 men, 4 women chosen in Sidney Moorer trial
WBTW Staff
Published: June 20, 2016, 4:41 am  Updated: June 20, 2016, 6:35 pm

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Jury selections start Monday for the Sidney Moorer trial.  He faces kidnapping charges in the Heather Elvis case.
Last week, a judge granted the defense attorney’s motion to have separate trials for the kidnapping and obstruction of justice charges.

https://youtu.be/cpqJrTNy4UU

Sidney Moorer Trial Day 1 Opening Statements 06/20/16

CourtChatter Live

Published on Jun 20, 2016
Sidney Moorer is charged with the kidnapping of missing Socastee woman Heather Elvis.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cpqJrTNy4UU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/cpqJrTNy4UU</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2016, 09:16:56 AM »

http://www.wect.com/story/32270484/sled-witness-video-surveillance-receipt-shows-sidney-moorer-bought-pregnancy-test

SLED witness: Video surveillance, receipt shows Sidney Moorer bought pregnancy test
Tuesday, June 21st 2016, 8:30 am CDT
Tuesday, June 21st 2016, 9:56 pm CDT
By WMBF News StaffCONNECT

CONWAY, SC (WMBF) - Video surveillance footage made up the bulk of the rest of the evidence presented Tuesday in the kidnapping trial of Sidney Moorer.

Amelia Bethea, who works with South Carolina's State Law Enforcement Division, testified that she obtained footage from a local Wal-Mart dated Dec. 18, 2013.

In her testimony, Bethea said the footage showed Moorer entering the Wal-Mart around 1:12 a.m., and making a purchase. A receipt entered into evidence and time stamped 1:19 a.m., indicated the defendant bought a pregnancy test and a cigar.

The jury was shown that surveillance footage.

During Monday, former coworkers of Heather Elvis, who went missing Dec. 18, 2013, testified that she and Moorer started a relationship while they were employed at the former Tilted Kilt location at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach.

Jessica Cooke, who said she was Elvis' supervisor, testified Monday she noticed the girl was gaining weight, which led to Elvis eventually taking a pregnancy test. That test, the witness added, came up as an error.

While a portion of Tuesday afternoon focused on surveillance footage, earlier testimony focused on cellphone records.

Jonathan Martin, who was an investigator with the Horry County Police Department's violent crimes division in December 2013, testified that he obtained Elvis' cellphone records from T. Mobile from 1:35 to 3:41 a.m., on Dec. 18.

Martin testified for solicitor Nancy Livesay that records indicated Elvis received a call from a pay phone that lasted almost five minutes. Nine outgoing calls were placed by Elvis to that pay phone, according to the witness.

Then, Elvis placed a call to Moorer's cellphone around 3:17 a.m., Martin testified. That call reportedly lasted for more than four minutes.

According to the investigator, additional calls were placed by Elvis to Moorer's cellphone. The last one was registered at 3:41 a.m., on Dec. 18, 2013.

"This phone has never produced any more records," Martin said.

He added that, during the course of the investigation, it was determined Moorer had placed the call from the pay phone.

On cross examination by defense attorney Kirk Truslow, Martin testified that Moorer said he had called Elvis from the pay phone to get her to stop harassing him and leaving notes on his vehicle.

Other witnesses who testified during the opening session on Tuesday included an Horry County police officer who was patrolling Peachtree Boat Landing in the early-morning hours of Dec. 18 and found Elvis' vehicle.

HCPD Officer Casy Guskiewicz testified that when he saw the vehicle, all its doors were locked and the windows closed and intact.

Later, Danny Furr, a sergeant with the HCPD, testified that he went to the Tilted Kilt, where both Elvis and Moorer worked, after the initial report came in that she was missing.

Furr added he got a phone number for Moorer from the Tilted Kilt's general manager after the individual indicated that there was a relationship between the defendant and Elvis.

Three witnesses testified Monday afternoon. All used to work with Elvis at the former Tilted Kilt location at Broadway at the Beach. Each testified that Moorer and Elvis had a relationship that ultimately ended in October 2013.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2016, 09:24:35 AM »

http://wbtw.com/2016/06/22/moorer-trial-day-3-jury-to-take-bus-ride-to-see-surveillance-camera-locations/

Jury in Sidney Moorer trial enters day two of deliberations

By Eric Walters
Published: June 22, 2016, 6:20 am  Updated: June 24, 2016, 9:21 am

CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Members of the jury in the Sidney Moorer trial entered the courtroom again Friday morning as they continue deliberation on whether Moorer is guilty of kidnapping Heather Elvis.

Juror members in the Sidney Moorer kidnapping case were dismissed Thursday night after deliberating for just more than two hours.

Judge Markley Dennis was handed a note from the jury around 7:15 p.m. Thursday asking if the members could be released and return the next morning to continue deciding the fate of Moorer, the man accused of kidnapping missing Myrtle Beach woman Heather Elvis.

Jury members returned Friday morning at 9 a.m. to continue deliberations.

Sidney Moorer was also allowed to leave with his family Thursday night. Moorer could be seen leaving the courthouse with his family just before 7:30 p.m.

Judge Dennis sent the jury out for deliberations after closing arguments just before 5 p.m. Thursday evening after hearing testimony all day Thursday.

Within the first hour of testimony, four witnesses were called by the prosecution.  One witness, Peter Cestare with Horry County Police, testified to taking pictures inside Sidney and Tammy Moorer’s house. Cestare said he alerted detectives about the cameras inside the Moorer’s home, and expected for them to take it “to the next level” if they were deemed important.

He took 4 pictures outside Moorer’s residence, 19 inside the residence and 4 inside of a camper on property. Cestare did admit he didn’t want Tammy Moorer to know he realized there was a camera inside of the residence.

Jacob Melton was the fifth witness of the day. He was a friend of Moorer’s son and says he spent time at the Moorer’s house.

The State asked Melton to point out where monitors for a camera system used to be inside the house.

The next witness called was Brianna Warrelmann. She was a former roommate Heather Elvis

Warrelman became emotional during her testimony and told the court that Heather called her crying hysterically and told her that Sidney called her and claimed he left his wife and wanted to be with her.  Warrelman said Elvis also said that she had gone out with another guy and was supposed to see him (Steven) the next day.

Warrelman told defense attorney Kirk Truslow during cross examination that Tammy Moorer sent more than 90 threatening text messages and phone calls prior to her disappearance.  She also said Tammy Moorer sent Heather text images of she and Sidney having sex.

Judge Markley Dennis became visibly angry when the State and defense argued whether or not to play previously recorded statements from Warrelman during police interviews.  Court was recessed so a transcript could be made of the statements in question.

The State rested its case just after 12:30 p.m. and the defense followed with a request for the judge to issue a directive verdict.

After a lengthy discussion, the judge denied the motion for a directive verdict and the jury will get to decide.

When court resumed after lunch, the defense did not call any witnesses and rested its case.  The judge told the jury that closing arguments could begin.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2016, 11:19:10 AM »

https://youtu.be/YwBiUgCFn5g

Sidney Moorer Trial Prosecution Closing Argument 06/23/16
CourtChatter Live

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YwBiUgCFn5g" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/YwBiUgCFn5g</a>

Published on Jun 23, 2016
Sidney Moorer is charged with the kidnapping of missing Socastee woman Heather Elvis.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2016, 05:06:15 PM »

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article85799047.html

JUNE 24, 2016 2:51 PM

Update: Judge declares mistrial after jury deadlocks

Update: The judge declared a mistral Friday afternoon. Read that story here.

Original: A jury came back deadlocked in the Sidney Moorer kidnapping trial in connection with the disappearance of Heather Elvis.

The jury heard four days of testimony by witnesses called by the state. The defense rested without calling anyone to the stand.

The jury got the case late Thursday and returned to the courtroom several times Friday to look further at evidence, but could not reach a verdict.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2016, 05:12:29 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/32302394/hung-jury-mistrial-declared-in-sidney-moorer-trial

Hung jury, mistrial declared in Sidney Moorer trial
Friday, June 24th 2016, 2:15 pm CDT
Friday, June 24th 2016, 3:42 pm CDT
By Ian Cross, Digital Content ManagerCONNECT
By Brad Dickerson, Digital ProducerCONNECT

CONWAY, SC (WMBF) - After several hours of deliberation that began Thursday evening and continued for most of the day on Friday, 12 jurors could not reach a unanimous verdict and a hung jury was declared in the case of Sidney Moorer, who was charged with kidnapping in connection with the December 2013 disappearance of Heather Elvis.

In light of this development, there is a mistrial and the case against Moorer will have to be retried with a new jury.

Multiple jurors confirmed on camera that the jury was split: 10 in favor of a guilty verdict to two who argued for a not guilty verdict.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2016, 05:18:25 PM »

I hope we don't find out that one of the holdouts was the personal friend of Moorer's attorney.

IMO, he should have never been seated on the jury.

And I really hope when they retry him, it's with a different judge too.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2016, 09:30:37 PM »

The defense had requested a directive verdict (starts at 6:00).

The judge's remarks and denial of the motion starts at about 17:00, worth a listen imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1407&v=p7izb4gmNMI

Sidney Moorer Trial Day 4 Part 4 06/23/16
CourtChatter Live

Published on Jun 23, 2016

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/p7izb4gmNMI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/p7izb4gmNMI</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2016, 11:55:23 AM »

http://wbtw.com/2016/07/29/sidney-moorer-gets-5-month-jail-sentence-for-violating-gag-order/

Sidney Moorer gets 5 month jail sentence for violating gag order
By Jo Brown
Published: July 29, 2016, 10:31 am  Updated: July 29, 2016, 6:07 pm

CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – The hearing to decide whether or not Sidney Moorer violated a gag order placed on his case in March 2014 was held Friday morning.

The hearing began around 10 a.m. and News13’s Lucas Lalonde sat in to hear the judge’s decision. The judge first reviewed the contempt of court charge with Moorer and his attorney Kirk Truslow.

In Friday’s hearing, Moorer acknowledged that he did violate the gag order by doing an interview with WBTW on the second day of his kidnapping trial, June 21.

Truslow argued that the judge should consider the amount of time Moorer served in jail, nearly one year, after being charged with the murder of Heather Elvis. Moorer was released from jail June 22, 2015 on a $100,000 bond.

The murder charges against Sidney Moorer were dropped March 10.

Moorer apologized for his actions in court Friday morning, but the prosecution asked the judge to jail Moorer for the full six months allowed by the contempt of court charge. The judge opted for a five month jail sentence and had an order written to take Moorer into custody immediately following the hearing.

During the hearing Friday morning, Truslow requested a continuance for Moorer’s scheduled retrial. The judge noted that unlike the last kidnapping trial against Moorer, the community has already seen and heard the case, and he has concerns over that.

The judge granted the continuance to delay Moorer’s kidnapping retrial. A new date has not yet been set. The judge adds he will decide on whether the retrial should involve a change of venue, allowing the case to be heard somewhere other than a Conway courtroom.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2017, 09:46:24 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis/posts/783190198520371

Findheatherelvis
52 mins ·
Psalm 100
God is good. He has answered many prayers today.
Sidney Moorer was found guilty of obstruction of justice and received a sentence of 10 years.
He will receive credit for almost a year that he served before getting out on bond.
Thank you, everyone, for your prayers, encouragement, and support. This has been a very difficult ordeal from the very beginning and we appreciate what everyone has done over the past almost 4 years to help us. It's nowhere near over, but this is a good size step in the right direction.
We were really "prayed up" this time and it made a lot of difference.
If you've sent a message or email and I haven't gotten back to you, try again. We were pretty overloaded and could have missed some.
Again, thank you so much, and Praise God!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2017, 09:51:04 PM »

http://wpde.com/news/local/day-3-man-charged-in-heather-elvis-kidnapping-on-trial-for-obstruction-of-justice

Sidney Moorer found guilty of obstructing justice in Heather Elvis case, gets max sentence
by WPDE

Conway, S.C. (WPDE) —
A jury found Sidney Moorer guilty of obstructing justice in the Heather Elvis case and he was then sentenced to 10 years in jail, with credit for 1 year of time he has already served.
Moorer faced a maximum penalty of ten years in prison.
One of Moorer's attorneys, Kirk Truslow, said he plans to file an appeal on Thursday.
The jury returned its verdict after deliberating for less than a hour.
A juror we spoke to said the evidence was there and it was clear to most of them.
He said there was one man who was undecided when they went in to deliberate, but he said that juror didn't have an issue with lack of evidence but wanted clarification on definitions.
Judge R. Markley Dennis, Jr., said part of the reason for the sentence was to send a message to the community that people can't hinder an investigation.
"We have to get the public to understand what we heard over and over again, every minute counts and it does and it makes a difference," Denis said. "You delayed the process, you hindered the process and we can't have that going on in our community."
For the past three days, those jurors heard testimony from a number of witnesses and used that evidence to rule on whether or not Moorer purposely mislead police with statements he made in December of 2013.
Moorer did not testify, though he was considering doing that as of Wednesday afternoon.
He got emotional when answering JudgeDennis's questions about his decision, often wiping his eyes and pausing before answering the judge's questions.
But, he ultimately told the court he would not be taking the stand.
During closing arguments, solicitor Nancy Livesay argued to the jurors that Moorer deliberately mislead the police.
"Everything he told the police was misleading on the very night he knew they were looking for this woman, a 20-year-old girl," she said. "Everything that came out of his mouth was some twisted version of the truth."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2017, 01:00:35 AM »

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/08/30/witness-says-moorer-showed-him-something-related-to-elvis-disappearance/

08/30/2017 1:07 pm PDT
UPDATE: SIDNEY MOORER SENTENCED TO 10 YEARS FOR OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE, WILL RECEIVE CREDIT FOR ONE YEAR ALREADY SERVED
UPDATE: Sidney Moorer sentenced to 10 years for obstruction of justice, will receive credit for one year already served WMBF
The defendant chose not to testify on his own behalf. He appeared emotional at times, dabbing at his eyes with a paper towel.
UPDATE 5:50 p.m. ET: Sidney Moorer sentenced to 10 years for obstruction of justice, will receive credit for one year already served, WMBF reports.

A jury has returned a verdict of guilty in the obstruction of justice trial for Sidney Moorer, WMBF reports.

After deliberating for almost an hour, the jury came back with its verdict.

The defendant chose not to testify on his own behalf. He appeared emotional at times, dabbing at his eyes with a paper towel.

Before court wrapped up, Judge Markley Dennis sentenced Moorer to 10 years in prison, the maximum penalty he could receive. He will receive credit for time already served, which was from Feb. 21, 2014 to Feb. 1, 2015, according to the defense attorneys.

Wednesday’s verdict followed three days of testimony in this trial, in which Moorer was convicted of lying to investigators about making a call to Heather Elvis from a pay phone on the night of her disappearance in December 2013. This was revealed during his first trial last year on a charge of kidnapping.

The next witness called was Donald Demarino, a cousin of Tammy Moorer, Sidney Moorer’s wife. He testified that after Elvis’ disappearance, Moorer showed him “something” on a cell phone indicating that Moorer had more information about Elvis' disappearance than what he told police. What was shown was not disclosed during this trial.

The defense asked Demarino if he was charged with obstruction of justice after not taking the information revealed to him to police. Demarino said he was not charged.

The state rested its case after Demarino was called down from the stand, and the jury was sent on their lunch break until 2 p.m. Wednesday.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/36253115/witness-says-moorer-showed-him-something-related-to-elvis-disappearance

Tammy Moorer's relative Donald Demarino testifies in Sidney Moorer's trial. (Source: WMBF News)

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 01:02:39 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2017, 11:26:56 PM »

This is from the Moorer's daughter's facebook page.
My guess, Tammy is really the author.  Shame on her!  

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1962645834021525&id=100008283822723

Nikki Moorer added 3 new photos.
Yesterday at 9:51pm ·
My family is dealing with a lot right now but I'm gonna say this. The DeMarino crowd has never been welcomed in my mom and dads home. They haven't liked Donald since he was about 11 years old. He is one of the scummiest people you could ever know and it makes us all sick that he was called a cousin. He's not family. Neither is his nasty mother. She's a nutcase that thinks she's related to perry Richardson and tells others he's Donald's dad. Sometimes she tells people he belongs to Bret Michaels. She's a wack job. As I grew up she'd come around my grandparents house and a few times she'd bring that loser Donald with her. He was always drunk and wasted. Another time after my parents came home he stopped by our house with some stripper and her kids. Dad wouldn't even let him past the front door. He sat on the porch until they left. That's the thing about my parents. Even in times like that they'd still be sociable and nice to jerks like Donald. Donald came around after mom and dad got home and tried to be friendly to them. He was shunned like always but in a nice way even still. My papa is gone now, and my dad is too. But I will speak about these people and make it clear to all of you. They're not family. They're not friends. They're gross. They live off of welfare and selling their prescriptions. They steal animals and sometimes kill them after. They're mean. They're sneaky. They are trash. Donald's stupid lie isn't why dad was put in jail. Donald is worse at lying than the state of sc. He changed his lie several times and it's about as believable as if you don't minds camera story. I wish everyone could hear what that idiot said. If this wasn't such a serious situation you'd laugh. It's not funny though when people do things like this and a woman is missing. It's messed up. Donald is a loser. Period. We don't like him now and we never have. He knows this. Same goes for his mom. If I was the one buying their pills I'd stop immediately. I can't wait for Donald to join dad. It won't be long.
I may as well let people know this too. Those 12 jurors I hope and pray every single one of you have a hard time sleeping at night. I hope you become a victim as my family has these past 3 years. I hope and I pray you 12 feel the pain and suffering we do and I hope you feel the pain and worry my dad feels tonight and every night he has to be in hell away from his family. If you feel good about what you've done it won't last. The truth will come out eventually because it can't be hidden forever. My dad tried to tell people. He wanted to testify and his jerk lawyers wouldn't allow him to.
The judge went against his own order. He granted my dad a change of venue. He deemed my dad could not receive a fair trial in Horry county then did this anyway. I don't know much about law and courts but I know my dad and my mom are being screwed over. That judge didn't have to give my dad 10 years. I hope he knows how much he's hurt all of us. When he finally sees the truth maybe he will get a heart and feel remorse for doing this. Maybe next time he will respect his own order granted for a fair trial on both obstruction and the other charge. Shame on you for denying my dad a fair trial like you promised him you'd do.
Making fun of my family and threatening to rape and murder me is not going to bring Heather home. Putting my dad in jail for something he did not do and wanted to testify the truth about will not bring Heather home. If you are getting excitement out of this verdict you have a serious problem. All it does is cause more pain to everyone involved. Lying still won't help Heather and I hope Kirk realizes now his lying and not allowing my dad to tell the truth has caused a lot of pain. If you all, the community, really want answers you need to investigate the case. Look somewhere else because my mom and dad had nothing to do with this. The longer they mess with my mom and dad the longer the real person responsible is walking free. Maybe you will be their next victim. Stop the judgement and demand the truth. You've yet to hear it. I have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This response on another post of hers sounds like her mother to me too.
And no, she's not better than that, it has been a trademark of hers from the time Heather went missing.
jmo

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1961632814122827&id=100008283822723&comment_id=1962666384019470&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D

Nikki Moorer My mom didn't want me in the courtroom. She knew what was coming. I chose to be there with my dad and that was my choice. My dad begged his attorneys to let him tell the truth. They wouldn't let him. Dad did not call anyone from a pay phone. The detective that got fired told my dad to say it or he'd never leave that station. He said he'd clear him if he did this. He went to talk to that first man they're hiding the name of cause he asked him to come help if he could. My parents went at 1:00 and did two interviews with that detective. My dad wanted to leave and the shiny bald bully guy that runs a health spa put his hands on my dad and said he was not going anywhere. My dad was kept against his will and forced to say things if he wanted to go home. Ashley went to get my dad late that afternoon after mom let them search and photograph our house, camper, and truck. They told her to consent or they'd hold him so she did. There were other things lied about in court this week that dad asked Kirk and James to clear up and they wouldn't. Heather dialed dads phone two times on November 15th but they didn't disclose that. All of the texts were also still there until the police took their phones. I saw them myself. People don't seem to realize when my mom first caught dad messing with the phone he told her it was a guy. She didn't know who she was texting. People act like my mom hated Heather but she didn't. For a long time my mom thought Heather ran off on her own. The name she called her on Facebook wasn't nice but the things her own dad said to her was 10 times worse. My mom regrets what she said and wishes she could take it back. I wonder if he does. People shouldn't judge others without all the facts displayed and even when some things do come to light like if you don't minds lie about cameras some people still refuse to believe it. Everyone including some of you here want to accuse me of being my mom. My mom doesn't post on my social media and my mom doesn't know I'm on here now. She's got her own issues to deal with and they don't include internet trolling like a lot of mean people. My mom is better than that. I'm better than that. Heather is better than that! People need to know the truth about evidence that does exist and my family deserves an apology. If you knew what I know you'd agree. If you cared one bit about any of us victims you'd demand answers instead of screaming lynch, murder, kill!
Like · 5 · Yesterday at 10:37pm

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:49:41 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2018, 01:33:52 PM »

https://www.wbtw.com/crime/grand-strand-crime/verdict-tammy-moorer-guilty-of-kidnapping-heather-elvis/1544369873

VERDICT: Tammy Moorer gets 30-year sentence for kidnapping charges
By:  Jo Brown
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 01:23 PM EDT

Updated: Oct 23, 2018 01:44 PM EDT

CONWAY, SC (WBTW) - After a little more than three hours of deliberating, the jury returned a guilty verdict on both charges for Tammy Moorer.

Moorer was found guilty of conspiracy to commit kidnapping and kidnapping in the disappearance of Heather Elvis. The judge sentenced Tammy Moorer to 30 years in prison for conspiracy to commit kidnapping and 30 years for kidnapping. The sentences will run concurrently and she will get credit for time served.

The trial lasted for 11 days before the jury was handed the case Tuesday morning. More than 30 witnesses were called to testify in the trial, including Tammy, who took the stand for two days in her own defense.

The state presented evidence surrounding cell phone use, Facebook posts, and security camera footage of Tammy Moorer and her husband, Sidney Moorer, who is charged with the same crimes.

The prosecution laid out a timeline that placed Tammy Moorer in the vicinity of Elvis’ job and the location where Elvis’ car was found abandoned on the night Elvis was last seen, Dec. 18, 2013. The state painted Tammy Moorer as a woman enraged by her husband’s affair with a 20-year-old woman, and that anger reached a boiling point when Tammy Moorer discovered Heather Elvis was pregnant.

The state argued Tammy and Sidney Moorer went to Walmart to purchase a pregnancy test, one that Heather used, the prosecution claimed. Senior Assistant Solicitor Nancy Livesay told the jury that Tammy and Sidney Moorer lured Elvis to Peachtree Landing, where the husband and wife kidnapped the woman.

Heather Elvis’ body has not been discovered and no DNA evidence was presented that linked Elvis to the Moorer’s vehicle or home.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2018, 05:23:49 PM »

https://www.wbtw.com/crime/grand-strand-crime/verdict-tammy-moorer-guilty-of-kidnapping-heather-elvis/1544369873

VERDICT: Tammy Moorer gets 30-year sentence for kidnapping charges
By:  Jo Brown
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 01:23 PM EDT

Updated: Oct 23, 2018 01:44 PM EDT

CONWAY, SC (WBTW) - After a little more than three hours of deliberating, the jury returned a guilty verdict on both charges for Tammy Moorer.

Moorer was found guilty of conspiracy to commit kidnapping and kidnapping in the disappearance of Heather Elvis. The judge sentenced Tammy Moorer to 30 years in prison for conspiracy to commit kidnapping and 30 years for kidnapping. The sentences will run concurrently and she will get credit for time served.

The trial lasted for 11 days before the jury was handed the case Tuesday morning. More than 30 witnesses were called to testify in the trial, including Tammy, who took the stand for two days in her own defense.

The state presented evidence surrounding cell phone use, Facebook posts, and security camera footage of Tammy Moorer and her husband, Sidney Moorer, who is charged with the same crimes.

The prosecution laid out a timeline that placed Tammy Moorer in the vicinity of Elvis’ job and the location where Elvis’ car was found abandoned on the night Elvis was last seen, Dec. 18, 2013. The state painted Tammy Moorer as a woman enraged by her husband’s affair with a 20-year-old woman, and that anger reached a boiling point when Tammy Moorer discovered Heather Elvis was pregnant.

The state argued Tammy and Sidney Moorer went to Walmart to purchase a pregnancy test, one that Heather used, the prosecution claimed. Senior Assistant Solicitor Nancy Livesay told the jury that Tammy and Sidney Moorer lured Elvis to Peachtree Landing, where the husband and wife kidnapped the woman.

Heather Elvis’ body has not been discovered and no DNA evidence was presented that linked Elvis to the Moorer’s vehicle or home.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.