April 17, 2024, 09:28:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amnesty and the Culture of Lawlessness  (Read 1503 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 23, 2013, 09:22:51 PM »

EDITORIAL: Amnesty by another name
The freebies are already available just across the border

The culture of lawlessness is alive and well in Washington. President Obama sets the tone with his health care law revisions, rewriting the legislation without bothering Congress. Nancy Pelosi, the leader of the Democrats in the House, urges the president to ignore inconvenient provisions of the immigration law. She tells Telemundo, the Spanish-language TV network, that just being in the country illegally isn’t a sufficient reason to deport illegal aliens, the law be hanged.

Others are picking up on the tone. Illegal immigrants are taking to the streets demanding not only that the House enact the Senate-passed amnesty bill but that President Obama halt deportations with an executive order. Far from “living in the shadows,” illegals are running into the open, loud and proud.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/18/editorial-amnesty-by-another-name/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:28:26 PM »

Forum: Amnesty for illegal immigrants would cheapen U.S. citizenship

snip

Our nation has procedures to attain citizenship. Over the years, thousands of immigrants have met the requirements to attain it. Amnesty diminishes the value of American citizenship, and it's a betrayal to all those who did follow the rules.

Understand that I am not against immigrants. I appreciate the diversity, culture and skills they bring to our country. However, to have citizenship given to those who broke the law is an affront to those immigrants who earned their citizenship. We do have a problem, and though the idea to grant amnesty may be a noble one, it does not mean it's a good or fair one.

Read more: http://www.pjstar.com/article/20131206/OPINION/131209391/10950/OPINIONhttp://

What exists today?  People following the rules?  Getting in line and waiting patiently?

Illegal mass migration?  Mass migration free for all  Stealing more from citizens and those who followed the rules?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.