April 27, 2024, 03:57:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing 32 yo Lexington, KY Man Alex Johnson Last Seen Dec. 20, 2013  (Read 78622 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »

wow....the Motel 9 is right there by the border....here is a link to a google map for the area....

http://goo.gl/maps/Ru782

I know Mere, he was going to make a run when the police caught him.  Wow, they sure did cut it short.  I really don't believe he would have gotten across the border very easily.  Makes you wonder if he crossed the border to buy the marijuana being that close.  I wonder how long he had been down there.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2014, 03:53:35 PM »

Thanks for the good news, Blue Moon!  Now we have to find Alex and bring him home to his family.  With so many charges against both men, maybe one of them will cooperate with the LE.  I hope.

Thanks Grace-land, and yes, they need to allow Alex's family to bring him home.

I am worried about the charges without a body.  I just hope that they did not prematurely bring charges because they saw he was running for the border.  Without a murder charge they would not have had a reason to stop him and detain him (of course, him having pounds of marijuana was a bonus for them).

I am worried about the comment I bolded above, that harming the investigation more than it already has.  Sounds like the police were not happy about the PI being involved and the PI was the one who gave evidence to the police.  I still haven't found that article where it states that.  Surely they have proof positive that Alex was murdered. Surely.

I would think that LE would have to have reasonable information/evidence to bring a charge of murder.  Of course, bringing a charge of murder and proving it in court are two different things.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2014, 03:55:04 PM »

That last piece to the puzzle is finding Alex.  Oh, I pray they find him.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2014, 03:57:20 PM »

I am afraid he will fight extradition which would cause this to be drug out for months.  The Kentucky police will have to fight him in court to get him extradited back.  If they don't have a body then it could drag out for a while.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2014, 04:00:55 PM »

http://goo.gl/maps/oF6KA

This is a map link for Lexington to Pharr.  Google gives you three possible routes although I do see more
possible routes, having driven from KY to LA often and having family in TX. 

One of the routes is less than a mile from my home.  I always think of how many of us live near the Interstates and use them often.  If given the information by LE, I look for vehicles and licenses whenever
I am on the road.

Praying that he is found.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2014, 04:08:33 PM »

http://goo.gl/maps/oF6KA

This is a map link for Lexington to Pharr.  Google gives you three possible routes although I do see more
possible routes, having driven from KY to LA often and having family in TX. 

One of the routes is less than a mile from my home.  I always think of how many of us live near the Interstates and use them often.  If given the information by LE, I look for vehicles and licenses whenever
I am on the road.

Praying that he is found.

It had to be I65 route.  They had a thing on TV the other night telling about I65 being a corrider for drugs.  It is bought from Texas/mexico and then travels through Kentucky to points north.

I65 inspection stations are always catching semi's loaded with drugs moving them from the south.

Meth is the problem here in B.G.  They are constantly finding meth labs and they cannot seem to eradicate them.  When they close down one they have 3 more spring up.

Transporting marijuana across state lines is bad.  He will pay for that crime also.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2014, 04:20:01 PM »

This was just on Topix:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lexington-ky/TIAHA4IGF4076G9IC/p2

eddiec
United States

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
14 min ago

im glad everyone has fallen in love with this guy and even had a fund in his name,,,these guys that did this knew him,,,,sooooooo just saying maybe he wasn't mr nice guy crooks and drug dealers don't just kill for fun,,,,,,and his girlfriend playing stupid like she don't know more,,,,,it will all come out just wait and see

**they sure do come out of the woodwork.  Wonder which one he was a friend of?

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2014, 05:12:24 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/23/alex-johnson-missing_n_4654045.html

Alex Johnson Missing: Timothy Ballard, Robert Taylor Arrested In Chef's Death
Posted: 01/23/2014 3:54 pm EST  |  Updated: 01/23/2014 4:37 pm EST

"I can say that up until [Jan. 21] this was considered a missing person case," Lexington police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts told The Huffington Post on Thursday. "At that time we developed the evidence, as well as probable cause, to transition [it] into a kidnapping [and] homicide case."

Of the missing body, Roberts said investigators still have hopes of recovering it.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2014, 05:31:37 PM »

"I can say that up until [Jan. 21] this was considered a missing person case," Lexington police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts told The Huffington Post on Thursday. "At that time we developed the evidence, as well as probable cause, to transition [it] into a kidnapping [and] homicide case."

Of the missing body, Roberts said investigators still have hopes of recovering it.

You know, it sounds like they know where Alex is but don't know if it is recoverable.  Wonder if it is the landfill?

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2014, 05:42:23 PM »

You know, it sounds like they know where Alex is but don't know if it is recoverable.  Wonder if it is the landfill?

I don't know, Blue Moon.  I understood "recovering" as finding his body. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »

http://www.theeagle.com/news/texas/article_b6c0ca57-7f99-5ffb-ae81-d0576a6dfae1.html

Man charged with murder arrested in Texas
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:52 pm |  Updated: 4:08 pm, Thu Jan 23, 2014

Lexington police say Robert Markham Taylor was arrested Wednesday in Pharr, Texas. Authorities there say he is also charged with marijuana possession and is to be arraigned Thursday afternoon. Extradition will be arranged with the Fayette County sheriff's office.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2014, 07:54:27 PM »

Man, Pharr, Texas is almost at the Mexican border.  Imagine if he got in Mexico.  They would have never brought him back to Lexington!

That was my first thought too bluemoon, when I read the article you posted that said he was arrested in Pharr.  Pretty darn close to Mexico. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2014, 12:26:54 PM »

Might be related or might not be. But I have a feeling it is.

http://www.wlextv.com/news/coroner-called-to-scene-of-murder-investigation-in-kentucky-river/

I remember you, Caylee.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2014, 01:06:41 PM »

http://www.wlextv.com/news/coroner-called-to-scene-of-murder-investigation-in-kentucky-river/

i think you may be right, map,...  http://goo.gl/maps/4mE9C
from the article, taylor almost got away, cant find the article i read,but it was a
tip to KY-LE, that led to where taylor was

1 hour 17 minutes ago
Coroner Called To Scene Of Homicide Investigation In Kentucky River

Hidalgo County Police say Taylor ran when he spotted them arriving at the hotel where he was staying. Taylor was later found near the border and police say he had several pounds of marijuana in his car when he was arrested. The Fayette County Sheriff's Office will arrange Taylor's extradition, after he responds to the drug charges in Texas. The whole process could take three to five months

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2014, 01:12:32 PM »

Thanks, that would be Alex.  Riptide is where Mark Taylor used to work from what I read, see an earlier post where I checked out Riptide.  The business is closed now.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2014, 01:21:04 PM »

That is the I-75 bridge over the Kentucky River.  It is about 15 miles south of Lexington.  This is where they searched back at the beginning.

It is about 5 degrees today.  I do not envy them.  I just hope they find him.  That river is bound to be frozen in some places.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »

That article above says it could take 3-5 months to extradite Taylor back to Kentucky.

That sucks!  But I guess it is in the hands of the courts now.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2014, 02:29:28 PM »

I wonder would they call the coroner out if they had not found anything?  I don't think they did the last time.

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »

I don't see why the coroner would be called unless something was found. But just MO. I am near Lexington and have been following the case. Tragic. 

I remember you, Caylee.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2014, 02:53:13 PM »

I don't see why the coroner would be called unless something was found. But just MO. I am near Lexington and have been following the case. Tragic. 

Yes it is tragic.  I am in Alex's hometown, his family lives just down the road from me, my son and nephew went to school with him.  I just cannot imagine the pain his family and girlfriend are going through.  I hope they can bring him home and lay him to rest and I hope justice prevails for Alex.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.