April 28, 2024, 01:40:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing 32 yo Lexington, KY Man Alex Johnson Last Seen Dec. 20, 2013  (Read 78634 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2014, 06:23:30 PM »

I noticed Alex's Facebook page is now "JUSTICE FOR ALEX".

https://www.facebook.com/FindAlexJohnson

I hope justice comes swiftly for him.  I hate to see the family and girlfriend suffer through this.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2014, 07:54:08 PM »

Alex's memorial video...   an angelic monkey

http://jckirbyandson.com/vid_01.html

Thanks TM.  I sat through that earlier.  Bought tears to my eyes.  Alex's mom was my son's teacher in school.  I didn't realize she was a teacher until seeing this video.  Asked my son if he remember her, he said, Yes, she was one of the "good ones".  They looked so innocent when they were young. 

I haven't located anything on Mark Taylor being extradited back to Kentucky.  I just wonder if he will fight it.  If he fights it it could take up to 3-5 months, if he doesn't fight it it could take a few days.  I hope he doesn't fight it.

Thank you, texasmom, for posting the Alex's memorial video.   an angelic monkey

Blue Moon, it was reported in the video below that MT is waiting for a hearing to determine when he will be brought back to Kentucky.  I agree with you, I hope he doesn't fight it.

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/Memorial-service-for-murdered-Lexington-man-242470831.html
Memorial service for murdered Lexington man
Updated: Tue 6:14 PM, Jan 28, 2014

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2014, 12:24:43 AM »

Video at the link -- Alex's father spoke to the reporter on camera.

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/Memorial-service-for-murdered-Lexington-man-242470831.html

Emotional memorial service held for Alex Johnson
Updated: Tue 11:31 PM, Jan 28, 2014

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - For weeks they searched for him, but on Tuesday friends and family of a murdered Lexington man gathered to remember him and pay their final respects.

“Different people got up and told stories about Alex and talked about him. Some of them were funny but the best part was just hearing those stories,” said Alex Johnson’s dad, Lee Johnson.

At Alex’s memorial service there was no shortage of stories shared. “I was really surprised the number of people. We had a huge crowd,” Lee Johnson told us Tuesday.

Ever since Alex disappeared on December 20th, his friends and family have led the way in search efforts by holding fundraisers and even a birthday party for Alex in an attempt to hold out hope in the bleakest of situations.

Even when the missing person's case turned into a murder investigation, it was his group of friends who rallied around Alex’s family in support.

Friends have helped Alex’s family through the toughest days by letting them know that as long as they continue sharing stories about Alex, his legacy will not be forgotten.

“Just knowing that helps us get through the hurt that we have been experiencing, it helps a lot,” Lee Johnson told us.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2014, 10:03:18 AM »

Rest in peace Alex.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2014, 10:10:31 AM »

I noticed Alex's Facebook page is now "JUSTICE FOR ALEX".

I hope justice comes swiftly for him.  I hate to see the family and girlfriend suffer through this.

I hope justice comes swiftly too.  May his family, girlfriend and his friends find peace. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2014, 09:39:15 PM »

Grand jury to review charges against man accused of helping to kidnap UK chef
By Jim Warren
jwarren@herald-leader.comJanuary 29, 2014 Updated 7 hours ago

Timothy C. Ballard

A Fayette County grand jury will review the case and charges against a Lexington man accused of aiding in the kidnapping of Alex Johnson, whose body was found Friday, a month after he went missing.

Timothy Curtis Ballard, 42, initially was charged with complicity to kidnapping and tampering with evidence. Ballard was in the courtroom for Wednesday's hearing for only a matter of seconds as District Judge T. Bruce Bell sent his case to t

he grand jury.

According to court documents, Ballard allegedly assisted in the unlawful restraint and transport of Johnson and disposed of evidence.

He was an acquaintance of Johnson, 32, who disappeared Dec. 20........................

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/29/3058343/man-pleads-not-guilty-to-kidnapping.html

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: January 30, 2014, 02:24:48 PM »

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/30/3060904/suspect-in-uk-chefs-death-wont.html

Suspect in UK chef's death won't fight extradition
January 30, 2014 Updated 10 minutes ago

The Office of the Fayette County sheriff issued a release Thursday saying deputies received notification from Hidalgo County, Texas, that Taylor has signed his waiver of extradition. Authorities have authorized the extradition of Taylor to Fayette County, the release said.

Fayette sheriff deputies will complete extradition arrangements, but "due to officer safety issues, these arrangements will not be released."

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2014, 03:58:52 PM »

The Office of the Fayette County sheriff issued a release Thursday saying deputies received notification from Hidalgo County, Texas, that Taylor has signed his waiver of extradition. Authorities have authorized the extradition of Taylor to Fayette County, the release said.

Fayette sheriff deputies will complete extradition arrangements, but "due to officer safety issues, these arrangements will not be released."

That puts a smile on my face.  I was worried.  I read a comment on Alex's facebook page from someone in Pharr, TX and they said not to worry, he will be praying to be sent back to Kentucky after spending a few days in that detention center.  Guess that guy was right.

JUSTICE FOR ALEX

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2014, 05:03:25 PM »

That puts a smile on my face.  I was worried.  I read a comment on Alex's facebook page from someone in Pharr, TX and they said not to worry, he will be praying to be sent back to Kentucky after spending a few days in that detention center.  Guess that guy was right.

JUSTICE FOR ALEX

Don't mess with Texas!   

Justice for Alex!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2014, 05:58:08 PM »

Rest in Peace Alex.

JUSTICE FOR ALEX

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2014, 10:26:23 PM »

My heart and soul goes out to this family who are suffering.  I prayer for them daily.  This is so true for every parent:

Annie Dodd:
We worry about our children every day- when we put them on the bus every morning and at the grocery store when they take off like marathon runners and when they get sick. We childproof our homes so our children don't get hurt and double check (sometimes triple check) that the doors are locked every night before we go to bed. Then they get a bit older and we worry if they are being responsible with boyfriends and girlfriends and concerts and driving and all those things you worry about with teenagers. Then your babies grow up and you can breathe a sigh of relief because they no longer seem so fragile. Our biggest worry is that they're happy.

But life is so delicate and this world is so callous. I have been through some excruciating things and seen many excruciating things in my lifetime but nothing could have prepared me for yesterday. A mother mourning her firstborn, a sister dying inside because her brother- her person- is gone, a father kissing and hugging a casket instead of his son, grandparents drowning in tears, aunts, uncles and cousins reeling in pain, a beautiful girlfriend and hundreds and hundreds of friends with tear-stained cheeks whose hearts are forever broken...

I will never, ever, stop worrying about my children. Checking the door locks 2 or 3 times at night will no longer be sufficient... nothing will. Lee and Judy did everything right. It's never enough. It never will be. Our Alex is gone and our world forever changed. Cherish every moment. Every moment your baby screams in the middle of the night because she's teething. Cherish it. Every time your kid spills chocolate milk on your vinyl collection. Cherish it... because you are the luckiest person alive to share and be present in that moment with your little love. Though some of those moments seem unbearable, remember Alex Johnson and be grateful for them. This is his legacy.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2014, 06:15:50 PM »

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Man-wanted-in-murder-coming-back-to-Lexington--244888561.html

Man charged in murder coming back to Lexington from Texas
Updated: Tue 1:01 PM, Feb 11, 2014

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - A man wanted in a Lexington murder, who was captured in Texas, is now on his way back to Kentucky.

WKYT spoke with officials at the Hildalgo County, Texas jail Tuesday morning. They confirm that deputies with the Fayette County Sheriff's Office picked up Robert Markham Taylor early this morning. Police in Texas captured Taylor back in January, shortly after Lexington Police charged him with murder.

Taylor is expected to be booked into the Fayette County Detention Center as soon as he is returned to Lexington. It's likely he will go in front of a judge sometime this week to answer to the murder charge.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2014, 07:37:53 PM »

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/Man-wanted-in-murder-coming-back-to-Lexington--244888561.html

Man charged in murder brought back to Lexington
Updated: Tue 7:33 PM, Feb 11, 2014

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - A man wanted in a Lexington murder, who was captured in Texas, is now back in Lexington.

WKYT spoke with officials at the Hildalgo County, Texas jail Tuesday morning. They confirm that deputies with the Fayette County Sheriff's Office picked up Robert Markham Taylor early this morning. Police in Texas captured Taylor back in January, shortly after Lexington Police charged him with murder.

Police at Blue Grass Airport say Taylor's flight landed in Louisville late Tuesday afternoon. He's now been booked in the Fayette County Detention Center.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: February 11, 2014, 08:00:08 PM »

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/Man-wanted-in-murder-coming-back-to-Lexington--244888561.html

Man charged in murder brought back to Lexington
Updated: Tue 7:33 PM, Feb 11, 2014

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - A man wanted in a Lexington murder, who was captured in Texas, is now back in Lexington.

Police at Blue Grass Airport say Taylor's flight landed in Louisville late Tuesday afternoon. He's now been booked in the Fayette County Detention Center.

Thanks graceland, I just read this on WKYT website.  Only the first of many steps that Alex's family will have to endure.  Their pain will only increase as this plays out in public.  Alex will not be forgotten.

****************************JUSTICE FOR ALEX************************

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2014, 11:14:30 AM »

I guess the police had a lot of info to go on into the murder of Alex:

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/02/12/3083309/suspect-beat-uk-chef-to-death.html

Police: Suspect in slaying of Alex Johnson beat the UK chef inside a car
By Jim Warren
jwarren@herald-leader.comFebruary 12, 2014 Updated 2 hours ago

An alleged accomplice told Lexington police that he saw Mark Taylor beat Alex Johnson to death with an unknown object while they were in a car, according to a document filed in Fayette District Court.

Robert Markham "Mark" Taylor, 29, was returned to Lexington from Texas on Tuesday, and is to appear in district court at 1 p.m. Wednesday on multiple charges in Johnson's death.

Timothy Ballard, who also faces charges in the case, told officers that he helped Taylor kidnap Johnson on Dec. 20 by luring Johnson into their vehicle, then "attacking and restraining him once inside the car," a police report says.

Ballard told police that he watched as "Taylor beat Mr. Johnson to death with a foreign object," according to the report from detective Robert Wilson in court documents. "Mr. Ballard then stated that he disposed of the body of Mr. Johnson while Mr. Taylor cleaned the vehicle used in the crime."

Ballard's account came during an interview with police on Jan. 20, according to the complaint........................

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2014, 11:16:51 AM »

I guess the police had a lot of info to go on into the murder of Alex:

Police: Suspect in slaying of Alex Johnson beat the UK chef inside a car
By Jim Warren
jwarren@herald-leader.comFebruary 12, 2014 Updated 2 hours ago

An alleged accomplice told Lexington police that he saw Mark Taylor beat Alex Johnson to death with an unknown object while they were in a car, according to a document filed in Fayette District Court.

Robert Markham "Mark" Taylor, 29, was returned to Lexington from Texas on Tuesday, and is to appear in district court at 1 p.m. Wednesday on multiple charges in Johnson's death.

Timothy Ballard, who also faces charges in the case, told officers that he helped Taylor kidnap Johnson on Dec. 20 by luring Johnson into their vehicle, then "attacking and restraining him once inside the car," a police report says.

Ballard told police that he watched as "Taylor beat Mr. Johnson to death with a foreign object," according to the report from detective Robert Wilson in court documents. "Mr. Ballard then stated that he disposed of the body of Mr. Johnson while Mr. Taylor cleaned the vehicle used in the crime."

Ballard's account came during an interview with police on Jan. 20, according to the complaint........................

Here is more from the same article:

The police report filed in court also describes a telephone conversation between Alex Johnson and his girlfriend, Lisa Horobin, on the day Johnson disappeared.

According to the document, Horobin said she heard a knock at the door, heard Johnson open the door, and then heard a voice that "she immediately identified as Mark Taylor, a friend of the victim."

"She heard Mr. Taylor state, 'Come downstairs, I've got a surprise for you,'" the complaint says. "She then advised that Mr. Johnson said, 'Mark is here. I'll call you later.' This is the last time Mr. Johnson was heard from."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2014, 03:20:08 PM »

More information from the investigation by detectives...

Suspect in slaying of Alex Johnson appears in court, waives arraignment on murder charge
By Jim Warren
February 12, 2014 Updated 1 hour ago

Robert Markham "Mark" Taylor pleaded not guilty in Fayette District Court Wednesday to murder and other charges in the beating death of Alex Johnson.

Taylor's attorney, Paul Croley II, waived arraignment and entered the pleas in his client's behalf during a brief hearing. Taylor, 29, was returned to Lexington from Texas on Tuesday.

"There is a whole lot more to this story than what has been reported thus far," Croley told reporters afterward outside the courtroom. "Mark denies these allegations and looks forward to his day in court ... for the truth to come out."

According to the report by Wilson, police determined early in their investigation that Tayor and Ballard were together on the evening of Dec. 20.

Both men indicated that they were at the TrusT Lounge, a bar at 123 West Main in downtown Lexington, that night.

"However, detectives were able to obtain a video from TrusT that showed Mr. Ballard and Mr. Taylor did not arrive until 11:40 p.m. on the 20th," court documents say.

Taylor was arrested Jan. 22 in Pharr, Texas, on a warrant from Lexington. He is charged with murder, kidnapping and tampering with evidence in connection with Johnson's death.

Ballard, 42, was arrested Jan. 21 on charges of complicity to kidnapping and tampering with evidence in the case.

Taylor is due back in court Feb. 25.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2014, 04:13:34 PM »

I was hoping he would plead guilty but he doesn't have the guts to accept what he did.  I am afraid this will get nasty before it is over with.  No matter what, Alex did not deserve to be beaten to death.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2014, 12:26:14 PM »

Update:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/54437

Suspects in Alex Johnson Murder Indicted

A Fayette County grand jury has indicted two suspects in the murder of a Lexington man who went missing late last year.

According to court documents, Timothy "Tiny" Ballard, 42, told police he and Taylor lured Johnson into a car, and Taylor beat him to death. Police say Ballard admitted to disposing of the body while Taylor cleaned up the car.

The grand jury indicted Taylor on charges of murder, kidnapping and tampering with physical evidence. Ballard was indicted on charges of kidnapping, tampering with physical evidence and persistent felony offender.

According to the indictment, Ballard has previous convictions of kidnapping, robbery, threatening a U.S. president and theft by unlawful taking in Alabama..........................................

I am glad they are moving on this.  I think the police did a great job in this.

Again, I noticed today Alex's Topix page has been removed.  It was 7 pages of comments and on the last page was a very disturbing comment.  I won't even repeat it here but anyone who replied to it did not deny that it was true.  It was the manner in which they disposed of Alex's body.  That is all I will say for now.  If it is true then it will come out in court.  I think that is where the tampering with physical evidence comes in.  JMO

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2014, 10:15:03 AM »

I was hoping he would plead guilty but he doesn't have the guts to accept what he did.  I am afraid this will get nasty before it is over with.  No matter what, Alex did not deserve to be beaten to death.

so true Blue Moon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.